"Barack Obama is a Racist...."-Glenn Beck

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#51 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]Anyhow, Obama described his grandmother as a "typical white woman", and called the police officer an idiot who arrested Dr. Gates before he even knew the facts. Oh, and this is aside from the fact that he listened to sermons from a vocally racist pastor for the past 20 years, and never had enough of a problem with it to switch churches. Okay, now imagine if George W. Bush called someone a "typical black person" and went to a church led by a racist pastor for the past 20 years, guess what people would label him as? I'm not saying that I know for sure whether or not Obama is racist, but he doesn't do himself any favors with his words and actions.privateerblue
This post is the best post.

No one would call Bush a racist if his mother was black, come on guys, Obama had a white mother. His grandmother was a typical white woman, what is wrong with saying that?

There's no such thing as a "typical white woman". I'm shocked and awed at you, privateerblue.
privateerblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 privateerblue
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts
[QUOTE="privateerblue"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"]This post is the best post.fidosim
No one would call Bush a racist if his mother was black, come on guys, Obama had a white mother. His grandmother was a typical white woman, what is wrong with saying that?

There's no such thing as a "typical white woman". I'm shocked and awed at you, privateerblue.

I hope this is sarcasm, my own mother is a typical white woman.
Franklinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 Franklinstein
Member since 2004 • 7017 Posts

"Obama has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture... im not saying he doesn't like white people....."

-Glenn Beck

Video

what is it with this guy?

weezyfb
He has obvious mental problems... but I think his biggest problem is that he believes he has the power to hypnotize and brain wash people by putting his face on the screen twice.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 fidosim
[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="privateerblue"] No one would call Bush a racist if his mother was black, come on guys, Obama had a white mother. His grandmother was a typical white woman, what is wrong with saying that?privateerblue

How would you describe her?
Franklinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Franklinstein
[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="privateerblue"] No one would call Bush a racist if his mother was black, come on guys, Obama had a white mother. His grandmother was a typical white woman, what is wrong with saying that?privateerblue

I don't see what's wrong with calling someone a typical white or black woman, I know types of both.
privateerblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 privateerblue
White, goes to church, cooks dinner everynight, runs on a treadmill everyday at noon while watching soaps, loves reality tv, neutral personality.
Franklinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Franklinstein

[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

Well that may be true, but Glen Beck is just as racist as Obama.

JML897

Give some examples of things Glenn Beck has said that are racist.

You mean like when Beck was interviewing a Muslim congressman and said "Prove to me that you're not a terrorist"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFkpEduQJZo

lmao, I didn't know he did that, that is the funniest thing I've ever heard of... my god he should be exiled from America, he is giving us all a bad name, he should also be castrated and not allowed to adopt, because I don't want stupidity like that infected the gene pool.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 fidosim
White, goes to church, cooks dinner everynight, runs on a treadmill everyday at noon while watching soaps, loves reality tv, neutral personality.privateerblue
Not all white women go to church, cook dinner every night, run on a treadmill everyday at noon while watching soaps, love reality tv, or have neutral personalities.
privateerblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 privateerblue
[QUOTE="privateerblue"]White, goes to church, cooks dinner everynight, runs on a treadmill everyday at noon while watching soaps, loves reality tv, neutral personality.fidosim
Not all white women go to church, cook dinner every night, run on a treadmill everyday at noon while watching soaps, love reality tv, or have neutral personalities.

many typical ones do, political correctness has skewed the way so many people think, some individuals, while they are individuals, are typical.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 fidosim
[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="privateerblue"]White, goes to church, cooks dinner everynight, runs on a treadmill everyday at noon while watching soaps, loves reality tv, neutral personality.privateerblue

many typical ones do, political correctness has skewed the way so many people think, some individuals, while they are individuals, are typical.

There is no norm for what white women do or are like. Being white doesn't determine the way you behave or what your tendencies are. I certainly wouldn't expect that kind of profiling from the post-racial president.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#61 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
That was an absurd statement. By someone like Beck, or anyone else. I was pissed with G W Bush's handling of Katrina, but I'd never stoop to calling someone I don't know a racist.
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts

As far as this "typical white woman" quote goes, does anyone remember the context?

He was talking about his grandmother admitting to feeling afraid when she saw a few young black males walking nearby. His grandmother was born in what...about 1920 or 1930?

I would guess that her response was typical of many people her age and born in her era. It seems people just have a negative image of the word "typical", and get bent out of shape for it. For one, it does not mean "every". As to say, not ALL white women would be afraid, obviously.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

A racist calling someone else racist... Locke562

The thread need not have continued after this post, it says all that needs to be said.

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TBoogy

That was an absurd statement. By someone like Beck, or anyone else. I was pissed with G W Bush's handling of Katrina, but I'd never stoop to calling someone I don't know a racist. btaylor2404

Hey B. I agree with you, as always. But I should point out that TECHNICALLY, Kanye said (if you were talking about him) that "Bush doesn't care about black people". That could be true for reasons other than being racist (like "they are not Republicans", "they are not huge corporation owners", etc).

I know, it may be a stretch for some. And I don't know what he meant, but as for myself, I have realized for years now that most of the bad treatment of minorities is financial more than racial. If we were rich, even racist people would find a way to get over it and accept our money...

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#65 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Don't take it out of context, that sentence has a question mark at the end. He wasn't stating a declarative, also listen to the tone of his voice. It's obvious he was asking a rhetorical question.

If anything, his (Obama) latest handling of this Cambridge thing give clear insight that he a racial bias.

Tht1Guy7780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Tht1Guy7780
Member since 2009 • 1277 Posts

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]

"Obama has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture... im not saying he doesn't like white people....."

xaos

Can we take this as evidence that Glenn Beck does not know or condone what Glenn Beck is saying?

Didnt Colbert say that last night?

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TBoogy

If anything, his (Obama) latest handling of this Cambridge thing give clear insight that he a racial bias.

Stevo_the_gamer

Sorry, I don't see that. Especially not "clearly". As with everything, people are largely split on this issue. I don't see how his actions scream "racist".

I still think Gates being arrested WAS "stupid", as do many others.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 fidosim

[QUOTE="btaylor2404"]That was an absurd statement. By someone like Beck, or anyone else. I was pissed with G W Bush's handling of Katrina, but I'd never stoop to calling someone I don't know a racist. TBoogy

Hey B. I agree with you, as always. But I should point out that TECHNICALLY, Kanye said (if you were talking about him) that "Bush doesn't care about black people". That could be true for reasons other than being racist (like "they are not Republicans", "they are not huge corporation owners", etc).

I know, it may be a stretch for some. And I don't know what he meant, but as for myself, I have realized for years now that most of the bad treatment of minorities is financial more than racial. If we were rich, even racist people would find a way to get over it and accept our money...

I don't get this argument. The states that were hit were all Republican states. In New Orleans, 49% of the storm-related victims were black in a city that was 60% black. State and local governments are the first entities to be tasked with dealing with natural disasters, and they request aid from higher echelons as the situation warrants. FEMA's response was a logistical failure, or a financial failure, but it absolutely was not some kind of racially motivated scheme.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Sorry, I don't see that. Especially not "clearly". As with everything, people are largely split on this issue. I don't see how his actions scream "racist".

TBoogy

The President of the United States jumping to conclusion that police acting stupidly while knowing nothing of the facts doesn't give clear incite that there was a racial bias? Mmmm. To each his own I suppose.

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TBoogy

[QUOTE="TBoogy"]

[QUOTE="btaylor2404"]That was an absurd statement. By someone like Beck, or anyone else. I was pissed with G W Bush's handling of Katrina, but I'd never stoop to calling someone I don't know a racist. fidosim

I don't get this argument. The states that were hit were all Republican states. In New Orleans, 49% of the storm-related victims were black in a city that was 60% black. State and local governments are the first entities to be tasked with dealing with natural disasters, and they request aid from higher echelons as the situation warrants. FEMA's response was a logistical failure, or a financial failure, but it absolutely was not some kind of racially motivated scheme.

To be honest, I never talked much about the Katrina incident. I am not sure what my opinion is, so I left it alone.

My favorite rapper did a good song about it though (Mos Def: "Katrina clap". For worse towards Bush than Kanye was, but I guess they never heard it)...

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 TBoogy

[QUOTE="TBoogy"]

Stevo_the_gamer

The President of the United States jumping to conclusion that police acting stupidly while knowing nothing of the facts doesn't give clear incite that there was a racial bias? Mmmm. To each his own I suppose.

But I don't think Obama said the cop was racist, just that Gates arrest was stupid. Which his quick release kinda backs up.

edit:

Matter of fact, if Gates was being disruptive, he should have been issued a ticket at most. Not arrested.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

glenn beck :lol:

Franklinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Franklinstein
[QUOTE="TBoogy"]

[QUOTE="btaylor2404"]That was an absurd statement. By someone like Beck, or anyone else. I was pissed with G W Bush's handling of Katrina, but I'd never stoop to calling someone I don't know a racist. fidosim

Just because we are Republican states does not mean we are all Republican, I'm certainly not. And I think the point he was saying is that stereotypically black people are Democratic. Which is a true statistic.
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TBoogy

[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="TBoogy"]

Franklinstein

Just because we are Republican states does not mean we are all Republican, I'm certainly not. And I think the point he was saying is that stereotypically black people are Democratic. Which is a true statistic.

Yes, that was more my point. In fact, he backed it up a bit. At leats in my mind.

Black people in a republican state. Politically, getting rid of them was a sound decision...

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#75 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

[QUOTE="btaylor2404"]That was an absurd statement. By someone like Beck, or anyone else. I was pissed with G W Bush's handling of Katrina, but I'd never stoop to calling someone I don't know a racist. TBoogy

How are ya my friend? Nice to see you two days in a row! Now on topic I wasn't referring to Kanye. He is in a different position than me and is a black man. I cannot pretend to see the world thru his eyes, so I don't condemn what he said. But with Beck, we are both middle aged white males so I think I can draw that comparison. And as always I agree 100% on the financial aspect, but I would add that I think a minority that is wealthy and makes a mistake has a much less leeway than a white person in America.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"]I will pray for Obama its just gonna get harder for here on out. This recession is going to be hard to overcome. Here comes the hatersMgamerBD

It's funny how the same people who have been bashing Bush for the past 8 years are now whining about how we shouldn't criticize our president.

Well if Bush haven't gotten us into this situation before maybe we wouldn't be whining would we? Ignorance is bliss...

When are we just going to move forward? Blaming Bush is getting old. Its time for Obama to start fixing it instead of blaming.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts
A racist calling someone else racist... Locke562
And how is Beck a racist? Seems like thats the default attack for anybody even remotely right wing.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
I'm not sure if Obama is racist or not, after having viewed that "racist cop" accusation. I'm not going to judge something like this quite yet........
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
do I think he's racist?...no...does he make stupid comments in regards to race?..yes....I really can't argue with Beck....and i'm starting to really wonder about Obama....
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#80 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="TBoogy"]

TBoogy

But I don't think Obama said the cop was racist, just that Gates arrest was stupid. Which his quick release kinda backs up.

edit:

Matter of fact, if Gates was being disruptive, he should have been issued a ticket at most. Not arrested.

Well said.

I do find it severely ironic that, after complaining about being labeled racists for remarkably stupid reasons, some Republicans are now trying to do the exact same thing to Obama :lol:

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MoonMarvel
When are we just going to move forward? Blaming Bush is getting old. Its time for Obama to start fixing it instead of blaming. Ragnarok1051
Cracks me up, no matter the evidence its all Bush's fault. I guess those Dems swearing up and down fannie mae and freddie mac were while the repubs were trying to fix them means nothing....or some want you to think that never happened.
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#82 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts

[QUOTE="TBoogy"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]The President of the United States jumping to conclusion that police acting stupidly while knowing nothing of the facts doesn't give clear incite that there was a racial bias? Mmmm. To each his own I suppose.

chessmaster1989

edit:

Well said.

I do find it severely ironic that, after complaining about being labeled racists for remarkably stupid reasons, some Republicans are now trying to do the exact same thing to Obama :lol:

That's so true. It seems that they always focus on reverse racism rather than just once siding with the other side. A strong conservative that I know was trying to argue that minorities are lying that police have treated them worse, as well as racial profiling doesn't exist. It's like wake up. :|
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MoonMarvel
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="TBoogy"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]The President of the United States jumping to conclusion that police acting stupidly while knowing nothing of the facts doesn't give clear incite that there was a racial bias? Mmmm. To each his own I suppose.

edit:

Well said.

And after 8 years of attacking Bush some Democrats are complaining when Repubs do the same thing to them. It goes both ways.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
I was playing the race card before it was cool.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 MoonMarvel
[QUOTE="Maniacc1"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="TBoogy"]

edit:

Well said.

That's so true. It seems that they always focus on reverse racism rather than just once siding with the other side. A strong conservative that I know was trying to argue that minorities are lying that police have treated them worse, as well as racial profiling doesn't exist. It's like wake up. :|

And I know a strong liberal who thinks the Repubs are working with Osama to plan attacks on US soil........
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Omni-Slash
I was playing the race card before it was cool.duxup
Racist......
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Anybody else just tired of politics altogether?

Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#88 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts

Well said.

MoonMarvel

And I know a strong liberal who thinks the Repubs are working with Osama to plan attacks on US soil........

I know what you mean. There's freakin nut jobs on both sides. It's frightening really...

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="TBoogy"]

edit:

MoonMarvel

Well said.

And after 8 years of attacking Bush some Democrats are complaining when Repubs do the same thing to them. It goes both ways.

I understand criticizing Obama, but calling him a racist is kind of... absurd. Besides, I don't recall Bush being called a racist...

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

edit:

TBoogy

Neither do I -- nor am I calling Obama an inherent "racist". What I am in fact leaning towards was that Obama has a clear racial bias because of the automatic jump on that "bandwagon" which if a black man and/or woman is getting arrest, "racial profiling" was so-called involved. The notion that the police as a whole acted stupidly is in fact ignorant within itself.

In your opinion. Anyone can be arrested for a misdemeanor crime. :|

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MoonMarvel

Anybody else just tired of politics altogether?

Ragnarok1051
Obama did a great job of killing that. I just don't care right now.
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 chessmaster1989

Well said.

MoonMarvel

There are nuts in both parties. The "birthers" are probably the strongest case of idiots in the Republican party right now. I must say, anyone who thinks Repubs are working with Osama to attack the United States is just plain ignorant.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
[QUOTE="duxup"]I was playing the race card before it was cool.Omni-Slash
Racist......

Don't make me come over there an play my +5 race card.
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 TBoogy

[QUOTE="TBoogy"]

edit:

Stevo_the_gamer

Obviously not, since the judge threw it out.

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MoonMarvel

[QUOTE="MoonMarvel"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

Well said.

I understand criticizing Obama, but calling him a racist is kind of... absurd. Besides, I don't recall Bush being called a racist...

WHAT? They were calling him that for years. Even comparing him to that evil German...(Can't type his name) Try refreshing your info on him. He got tons of that after Katrina...
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="MoonMarvel"] And after 8 years of attacking Bush some Democrats are complaining when Repubs do the same thing to them. It goes both ways.MoonMarvel

WHAT? They were calling him that for years. Even comparing him to that evil German...(Can't type his name) Try refreshing your info on him. He got tons of that after Katrina...

Really? Guess I wasn't paying attention to that. My BS detector tries to filter out crap like that...

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Omni-Slash
Don't make me come over there an play my +5 race card.duxup
you do what you gotta do......*awaits a chance to play his Affirmative Action Trap Card*.....
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

TBoogy

Um, obviously YES since he was arrested. Not everyone who is arrested will be CHARGED with the crime.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Omni-Slash
[QUOTE="TBoogy"]

do you honestly think any judge is gonna hold a misdemeanor up in a case in which the president has commented and is freinds with the defendent?....:lol:
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="TBoogy"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Um, obviously YES since he was arrested. Not everyone who is arrested will be CHARGED with the crime.

Not all police officers are infallible. :|