Post Your Guitars NAO!! *Shredders Edition*56k

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts

Pics of my axes are in my Blogs, i cant be bothered posting them again.

but i have

Fender Squire strat, Scalloped fretboard, Vintage noiseless bridge pickup/

Gibson 67 re-issue flying V

B.C Rich Virgo

Ibanez les paul

Ibanez RG 470

bunch of acoustic steel and Nylon strings.

Masrshall valvestate 100 amp

Kiko Loureiro effects pedal.lots o other stuff

JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts

Updated pic.

howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

I'm too lazy to get an actual pic, but these are what I have.

Epiphone G 400

Roland Micro Cube

Though I really want to get a Strat. How are the MIM Strats? I tried out all 3 (Squire, MIM, American), and I noticed a definite difference between the Squire and the other 2, but not much of a difference between the mexican and the american.

morpheusnj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 morpheusnj
Member since 2004 • 1943 Posts
how much did you guys spend on your guitars? how much does a medium quality guitar cost cause I was thinking of buying one.
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 JC346
how much did you guys spend on your guitars? how much does a medium quality guitar cost cause I was thinking of buying one.morpheusnj
My Jackson was $300. You should go to Guitar Center or your local guitar shop and look at the prices.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

My Jackson was $300. JC346

Holy guacamole! 300 dollars!? Kudos to you Mr. JC. That's a beautiful guitar. Great deal.

howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

[QUOTE="morpheusnj"]how much did you guys spend on your guitars? how much does a medium quality guitar cost cause I was thinking of buying one.JC346
My Jackson was $300. You should go to Guitar Center or your local guitar shop and look at the prices.

But MOST importantly when getting a guitar is to try them out for yourself. Don't just go on recommendations.

Oh, and I got mine for around $100 on Craigslist, pretty much flawless too.

auron_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 auron_16
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts
[QUOTE="morpheusnj"]how much did you guys spend on your guitars? how much does a medium quality guitar cost cause I was thinking of buying one.JC346
well, as a rule of thumb, around $200 to $400 is a medium range guitar. But, it depends on what style your going after, and, perhaps more importantly, your level of commitment.
morpheusnj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 morpheusnj
Member since 2004 • 1943 Posts
[QUOTE="JC346"][QUOTE="morpheusnj"]how much did you guys spend on your guitars? how much does a medium quality guitar cost cause I was thinking of buying one.auron_16
well, as a rule of thumb, around $200 to $400 is a medium range guitar. But, it depends on what style your going after, and, perhaps more importantly, your level of commitment.

ah yeah that's true. I was thinking of spending around $400 on a guitar (looking to play like led zep, aerosmith, gnr kinda music) and then the rest $100 on an amp and other things like case. any good guitars for that price that suits the music I want to play?
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts

Fender Mustang

Gibson USA SG, only 200 copies of this one made

And I'm selling this one to pick up a Telecaster this week, but I'll post it anyways

And here's the USA tele I'm picking up

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 HybridPhoenix
bah, I also have an acoustic, but I can't find a picture of it, it's an Epiphone EJ
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LikeHaterade
That's a beautiful Fender Pheonix. I can see you like to play. :P What's your favorite guitar company?
fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63 fkholmes
Member since 2006 • 8887 Posts

I just got this guitar yesterday, my first electric guitar that I own.

So far I am extremely pleased with it. It is by far the easiest guitar to play that I have ever played. It almost feels like it is encouraging me to experiment and try new and harder things. Got it for what I think is a good price, about $950 AUD, considering the price that I usually see the RRP for about 1100.

Also got this amp:

So far really loving the sound of it, even though it doesn't seem quite as versatile as some amps I have encountered.

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 HybridPhoenix
That's a beautiful Fender Pheonix. I can see you like to play. :P What's your favorite guitar company?LikeHaterade
I love them both (not sure which you're reffering too, probably the Mustang? Most people love it.) I'd probably go with Fender, but I respect PRS as a company more..but Fender guitars just, really appeal to me..and some of the more obscure Gibsons, like the melody maker (Les Pauls are too heavy for me, I have back problems -_-)..for acoustics I definitely love Gibson.
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 HybridPhoenix
[QUOTE="fkholmes"]

I just got this guitar yesterday, my first electric guitar that I own.

So far I am extremely pleased with it. It is by far the easiest guitar to play that I have ever played. It almost feels like it is encouraging me to experiment and try new and harder things. Got it for what I think is a good price, about $950 AUD, considering the price that I usually see the RRP for about 1100.

Also got this amp:

So far really loving the sound of it, even though it doesn't seem quite as versatile as some amps I have encountered.

PRS guitars are fantastic, excellent choice, one of the few companies that have always maintained craftmanship above all else...you won't find hit or miss models like Gibson or Fender (except the more student modeled one's..the SE-1's..still great though especially for beginners) but no finer guitar than a PRS..
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 LikeHaterade

I love them both (not sure which you're reffering too, probably the Mustang? Most people love it.) I'd probably go with Fender, but I respect PRS as a company more..but Fender guitars just, really appeal to me..and some of the more obscure Gibsons, like the melody maker (Les Pauls are too heavy for me, I have back problems -_-)..for acoustics I definitely love Gibson.HybridPhoenix

Yes I was talking about the Mustang. Fenders are amazing guitars. They used to be my favorite when I was a kid. The guy that inspired me to play played a Fender guitar which is why I loved them so much. Then I got older and discovered Paul Gilbert. PG is my favorite musician ever and my #1 inspiration to playing the guitar. So you could prob guess my favorite guitar company. :P

Gibson acoustics are gorgous...I think Epiphone is probably my favorite acoustic guitar.

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 HybridPhoenix

[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"]I love them both (not sure which you're reffering too, probably the Mustang? Most people love it.) I'd probably go with Fender, but I respect PRS as a company more..but Fender guitars just, really appeal to me..and some of the more obscure Gibsons, like the melody maker (Les Pauls are too heavy for me, I have back problems -_-)..for acoustics I definitely love Gibson.LikeHaterade

Yes I was talking about the Mustang. Fenders are amazing guitars. They used to be my favorite when I was a kid. The guy that inspired me to play played a Fender guitar which is why I loved them so much. Then I got older and discovered Paul Gilbert. PG is my favorite musician ever and my #1 inspiration to playing the guitar. So you could prob guess my favorite guitar company. :P

Gibson acoustics are gorgous...I think Epiphone is probably my favorite acoustic guitar.

aha, yeah, I have an electric acoustic Epiphone EJ in sunburst..absolutely love it, great tone, and it just looks fantastic, with a built in tuner
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts

i can really shred on this baby.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LikeHaterade

aha, yeah, I have an electric acoustic Epiphone EJ in sunburst..absolutely love it, great tone, and it just looks fantastic, with a built in tunerHybridPhoenix

Man that's awesome. I can't afford anything like that. I just bought an acoustic guitar made by Conn. You've probably never heard of them since they're primarily making brass instruments now. The guitar is pretty old though. Either '83 or '87. The older they are, the better they sound. :) I got it for 50 bones.

fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#70 fkholmes
Member since 2006 • 8887 Posts
[QUOTE="fkholmes"]HybridPhoenix
PRS guitars are fantastic, excellent choice, one of the few companies that have always maintained craftmanship above all else...you won't find hit or miss models like Gibson or Fender (except the more student modeled one's..the SE-1's..still great though especially for beginners) but no finer guitar than a PRS..

Thanks, I'm certainly glad I chose PRS. When I feel I am ready to really shell out for a guitar, I will almost certainly get another PRS.
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 HybridPhoenix
[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"][QUOTE="fkholmes"]fkholmes

Thanks, I'm certainly glad I chose PRS. When I feel I am ready to really shell out for a guitar, I will almost certainly get another PRS.

My personal favorites are the Custom 24's, but I think they only make Custom 22's right now.
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 HybridPhoenix
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"][QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"]

aha, yeah, I have an electric acoustic Epiphone EJ in sunburst..absolutely love it, great tone, and it just looks fantastic, with a built in tuner

Man that's awesome. I can't afford anything like that. I just bought an acoustic guitar made by Conn. You've probably never heard of them since they're primarily making brass instruments now. The guitar is pretty old though. Either '83 or '87. The older they are, the better they sound. :) I got it for 50 bones.

Oh yeah, gotta love those ancient gems that come accross at cheap prices..my Drummer has this wicked ancient acoustic..sounds amazing, he call sit Tom :P I put a lot of my guitar on payment plans, or I sell one to buy another...like, the epiphone, part of it was a christmas gift and I'm paying it off in monthly installments and someone pays me back for the bass I sold them :P
JoshXXXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 JoshXXXXX
Member since 2005 • 16657 Posts

not the greatest picture in the world, but it'll suffice

Jackson RR > Laney GH100L > Vader 4x12

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LikeHaterade

Oh yeah, gotta love those ancient gems that come accross at cheap prices..my Drummer has this wicked ancient acoustic..sounds amazing, he call sit Tom :P I put a lot of my guitar on payment plans, or I sell one to buy another...like, the epiphone, part of it was a christmas gift and I'm paying it off in monthly installments and someone pays me back for the bass I sold them :PHybridPhoenix

Well, I highly encourage you to go to garage sells if your back problems aren't too severe. My cousins' grandfather does it and he bought a couple of guitars for about 4 dollars that are worth over 14,000. One of them worth over 20,000 thousand I believe. Pretty crazy huh. I call the Conn that I just bought "Alvin." :P

cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts
[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"][QUOTE="JC346"]

Jackson JS30KE w/ Marshall MG 30 amp. And like I've said before, I love your guitar TC.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I have a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal now. I might update the picture.

JC346

Yours looks pretty cool too, You should add some crossbone inlays to it :o

BTW How much did you pay for that amplifier, I want one of those?

I payed $230 for it.

Does it sound good?
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 cyberdarkkid

not the greatest picture in the world, but it'll suffice...

JoshXXXXX
I'm planning on getting one of those later on. But I don't know where to look.
JoshXXXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 JoshXXXXX
[QUOTE="JoshXXXXX"]

cyberdarkkid

the Jackson? Mine is one of the models they sold to the Japanese market. I ordered mine through a Japanese distributor online. Try a cheaper model out in Guitar Center or something to get an idea of how the Jackson RRs feel before paying money for a guitar you don't like the feel of.
Thagypsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Thagypsy
Member since 2008 • 1250 Posts
This is my sweet Bass... Guitar...Ibanez GSR200 4-String Bass (GSR200JB)
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 JC346
[QUOTE="JC346"][QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"]

Yours looks pretty cool too, You should add some crossbone inlays to it :o

BTW How much did you pay for that amplifier, I want one of those?

cyberdarkkid

I payed $230 for it.

Does it sound good?

You tell me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUebhr5u1SY&feature=channel_page My cover kind of sucks. :P

cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 cyberdarkkid
[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"][QUOTE="JoshXXXXX"]

JoshXXXXX

the Jackson? Mine is one of the models they sold to the Japanese market. I ordered mine through a Japanese distributor online. Try a cheaper model out in Guitar Center or something to get an idea of how the Jackson RRs feel before paying money for a guitar you don't like the feel of.

I'll take your advice, BTW your guitar would look awesome with EMG pickups.
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 cyberdarkkid
[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"][QUOTE="JC346"] I payed $230 for it.JC346
Does it sound good?

You tell me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUebhr5u1SY&feature=channel_page My cover kind of sucks. :P

I like the clean sound, can I see how it sounds with some distortion? :P
JoshXXXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 JoshXXXXX

[QUOTE="JoshXXXXX"][QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"] I'm planning on getting one of those later on. But I don't know where to look.cyberdarkkid

I'll take your advice, BTW your guitar would look awesome with EMG pickups.

actually, when I bought it, it did have EMG pickups. However, after using them for nearly a year, I got extremely annoyed with them. I grew bored of the sound and wanted something less harsh and more articulate, and with some good cleans. So I got a Seymour Duncan Full Shred and '59. EMGs are NOT versatile at all.

JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 JC346
[QUOTE="JC346"][QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"] Does it sound good?cyberdarkkid
You tell me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLYrXBNYjQo&feature=channel_page

Again, the cover kind of sucks.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LikeHaterade
[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"][QUOTE="JC346"] You tell me.

JC346

How long have you been playing?

JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 JC346
[QUOTE="JC346"][QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"] I like the clean sound, can I see how it sounds with some distortion? :PLikeHaterade

How long have you been playing?

I was playing for 8 months when the video was taken. I've been playing for a year overall.
AzureEm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 AzureEm
Member since 2008 • 788 Posts

I don't have a camera with me for a pic of my electric guitar so I'll post a similar one

Samick

But mine has a whammy bar and different pickups.

Also

Dark Acoustic Mama

But what I really want (And hopefully getting for my B-day) is:

Hide

cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 cyberdarkkid
[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"][QUOTE="JC346"] You tell me.

JC346

Can you try and play the part from sanitarium and post it on youtube? My amplifier doesn't sound like it's supposed to when I play this part because it's only 10 wtts. I want to see how it sounds with 100 wtts.

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 HybridPhoenix

[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"]Oh yeah, gotta love those ancient gems that come accross at cheap prices..my Drummer has this wicked ancient acoustic..sounds amazing, he call sit Tom :P I put a lot of my guitar on payment plans, or I sell one to buy another...like, the epiphone, part of it was a christmas gift and I'm paying it off in monthly installments and someone pays me back for the bass I sold them :PLikeHaterade

Well, I highly encourage you to go to garage sells if your back problems aren't too severe. My cousins' grandfather does it and he bought a couple of guitars for about 4 dollars that are worth over 14,000. One of them worth over 20,000 thousand I believe. Pretty crazy huh. I call the Conn that I just bought "Alvin." :P

Yeah, they're not serious back problems, I just ruined the cartiledge in my right shoulder blade so the joint rubs over something or another ( I have to go to phisio therapy for it soon actually) so things like Les Pauls put way to much strain on my neck and the right half of my back...I'm fine to go out and do things :P I just can't have really heavy guitars, the Mustang is as heavy is it gets right now. Yeah if I see a yard sale I usually check to see what I can find ahaha The best deal on instruments I really had was the amp I have, my boss sold it to me for 60 bucks, it's a 50 watt Fender Yale Reverb amp designed by Paul Riviera in the 80's so they're really quite rare..so it was a great catch :P awesome clean sound, so I picked up a boss DS-1 distortion pedal, great sound (for the price)
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 JC346
[QUOTE="JC346"][QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"] I like the clean sound, can I see how it sounds with some distortion? :Pcyberdarkkid

Can you try and play the part from sanitarium and post it on youtube? My amplifier doesn't sound like it's supposed to when I play this part because it's only 10 wtts. I want to see how it sounds with 100 wtts.

What part of the song is that? Post a video of it on youtube and tell me what time it starts.
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 cyberdarkkid
[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"][QUOTE="JC346"]

JC346

What part of the song is that? Post a video of it on youtube and tell me what time it starts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abHUigYaHRw At 3:45
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 JC346
[QUOTE="JC346"][QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"]

cyberdarkkid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abHUigYaHRw At 3:45

Ok sir, lets see what I can do. :P
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 cyberdarkkid
OK I'll wait, BTW this is my amp:
JoshXXXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 JoshXXXXX
OK I'll wait, BTW this is my amp:  cyberdarkkid
whenever you decide to get a new amp, get a Roland Cube. They are very good amps for their price range. :)
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 cyberdarkkid
[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"]OK I'll wait, BTW this is my amp:  JoshXXXXX
whenever you decide to get a new amp, get a Roland Cube. They are very good amps for their price range. :)

Yea I didn't buy this one, it was given to me by someone. It's ok for practice but I'm feeling the need to get a better one already.
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 JC346
[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"]OK I'll wait, BTW this is my amp:

Ok, uploading to Youtube know. I did an intro to Master of Puppets as well. My amp is similar to yours except its 30 watts.
JoshXXXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 JoshXXXXX
[QUOTE="JoshXXXXX"][QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"]OK I'll wait, BTW this is my amp:  cyberdarkkid

Yea I didn't buy this one, it was given to me by someone. It's ok for practice but I'm feeling the need to get a better one already.

Marshall MGs are NOT good amps. Period. Maybe for a beginner that does nothing but bedroom practice, but that's it. If you need a better amp though, what would your price range be?
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 JC346
[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"][QUOTE="JoshXXXXX"] whenever you decide to get a new amp, get a Roland Cube. They are very good amps for their price range. :)JoshXXXXX

Marshall MGs are NOT good amps. Period. Maybe for a beginner that does nothing but bedroom practice, but that's it. If you need a better amp though, what would your price range be?

What makes them suck?
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 cyberdarkkid
[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"][QUOTE="JoshXXXXX"] whenever you decide to get a new amp, get a Roland Cube. They are very good amps for their price range. :)JoshXXXXX

$200 at most.
JoshXXXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 JoshXXXXX
[QUOTE="JoshXXXXX"][QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"] Yea I didn't buy this one, it was given to me by someone. It's ok for practice but I'm feeling the need to get a better one already.JC346

What makes them suck?

they're very lifeless amps and Marshall markets them as having that signature Marshall tone in a small package. Which is very bold of them. There's no comparison between an MG and a tube Marshall. Again, there are much better amps for the price.
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 cyberdarkkid
Ok I watched the videos. It sounds good to me but you need to improve your guitar skills dude :P But I think I'm going to try out other brands, before buying another amplifier.