• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MadMoonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 MadMoonX
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts

Who's this?

How would you describe him in one word?

andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 andyxm
Member since 2006 • 6194 Posts
Obscure
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
Uwe Boll needs to stay away from the camera.
xJBones79x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 xJBones79x
Member since 2006 • 2494 Posts
^^ Well said.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
It takes talent to be so impressively bad, but it's not the kind of talent a movie director needs
Avatar image for bloody1f4knight
bloody1f4knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 bloody1f4knight
Member since 2006 • 4922 Posts
I don't even know who that is..
zdmetal2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zdmetal2101
Member since 2006 • 2809 Posts

I don't even know who that is..bloody1f4knight

Same here.

snifit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 snifit
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts
It's the guy who directed games and formed them into bad live action movies such as Alone in the Dark, Blood Ryane, House of the dead and more crap movies. :)
BloodTorment1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BloodTorment1
Member since 2005 • 2580 Posts

[QUOTE="bloody1f4knight"]I don't even know who that is..zdmetal2101

Same here.

He directed BloodRayne and many other crap movies

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
He makes money off flops, so dont expect them to stop anytime soon
OneShot112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OneShot112
Member since 2004 • 14104 Posts
15 votes for bad director but none for good.

Even in the realm of OT, there is no sarcasm for Uwe Boll.
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts
bad.

he makes bad movies on purpose.
nobodyshero87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nobodyshero87
Member since 2006 • 22210 Posts
Boll just needs to give it up and stop making movies.
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
i hate Uwe Boll. i hate to admit it, but the trailer for the Postal movie looks like it could be good
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts
i hate Uwe Boll. i hate to admit it, but the trailer for the Postal movie looks like it could be gooddante_123456

it probably won't be though. they always use the movie's best parts fro trailers.
EvanSkanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EvanSkanes
Member since 2004 • 10942 Posts
Sad that Alone In The Dark could have actually been a good movie. But, Uwe Boll and all.
KrAzY_cHrIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KrAzY_cHrIs
Member since 2007 • 1132 Posts
for those that don't know who he is go to you tube and find the house of the dead movie clip it's about ten minutes of extreme fuunyness and about 7 destroyed acting careers
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
I don't get Boll at all.
Maybe it's just me, but if all my movies were so viciously hated by critics and movie watchers again and again, I'd consider another career.

What's even stranger though is that there are people still providing him the resources to make those movies.
xJBones79x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xJBones79x
Member since 2006 • 2494 Posts
Maybe because their so bad it makes them so "good" :wink:
Marx_Brother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Marx_Brother
Member since 2007 • 726 Posts
Uwe Boll needs to be shot.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
how does that man still have a job in the movie industry? he should be bagging my groceries.
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts
this is one of the rare polls were one option gets 100% of the votes.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts
Maybe because their so bad it makes them so "good" :wink: xJBones79x
There are certain movies that fit that category, but the P.O.S. movies he makes don't even come close t fitting that discription.
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts
I don't get Boll at all.
Maybe it's just me, but if all my movies were so viciously hated by critics and movie watchers again and again, I'd consider another career.

What's even stranger though is that there are people still providing him the resources to make those movies.
DireToad

Actually it's not such a mystery. In Europe many governments are very aggressive about supporting the arts. In Germany specifically you don't have to pay taxes on money that you donate for use in this area so if an investor gives Boll $500,000 (or Euros in this case) he doesn't have to pay taxes on all that raw cash. As long as Boll pulls close to even in worldwide theatre and DVD sales then that investor will save himself quite a large amount of money.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LoG-Sacrament
who the hell voted him as a good director? i really want to hear what they like about his movies.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
who the hell voted him as a good director? i really want to hear what they like about his movies.LoG-Sacrament
that one vote makes me a sad panda :(
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
in Boll's defense making films isn't as easy as most people think it is.

of course from the interviews I've heard from people that have worked with Boll is that he sets out to make a film instead of making a good film. Boll tends to take shortcuts and doesn't care if an actor didn't have the proper motivation or not.

I think Postal is going to rely more on the script than boll. The theme fits better into his type of directing, but if the script stretches a few 5 minute ideas into a 90 minute movie than it's going to suck real bad.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

I don't even think that this film is even going to be released theatrically.  After the diamal take on Bloodrayne, there's no way he's gonna fina a american film distrubitor to put Postal in theaters.

Mystery-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mystery-
Member since 2007 • 2144 Posts
i hate him
devilutionman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 devilutionman
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts
who the hell voted him as a good director? i really want to hear what they like about his movies.LoG-Sacrament
who else impliments great ideas like BR, dungieon siege, and possibly MGS sure he sucks at directing but we need a guy with an imagination like his around to balance this **** that we call modern cinema
Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
I'd need more than one word to discribe him.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LoG-Sacrament
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]who the hell voted him as a good director? i really want to hear what they like about his movies.devilutionman
who else impliments great ideas like BR, dungieon siege, and possibly MGS sure he sucks at directing but we need a guy with an imagination like his around to balance this **** that we call modern cinema

id rather have no mgs movie than a bad one. and it doesnt take much of a revelation to say "Hey! this is a popular game, i bet that some people might watch the movie."
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="devilutionman"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]who the hell voted him as a good director? i really want to hear what they like about his movies.LoG-Sacrament

id rather have no mgs movie than a bad one. and it doesnt take much of a revelation to say "Hey! this is a popular game, i bet that some people might watch the movie."

Hideo Kojima already went on record and said that Uwe Boll WILL NOT direct the MGS movie. And since Sony Pictures is distrubiting, there's no way they're gonna let him either.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LoG-Sacrament
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="devilutionman"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]who the hell voted him as a good director? i really want to hear what they like about his movies.Hallenbeck77

Hideo Kojima already went on record and said that Uwe Boll WILL NOT direct the MGS movie. And since Sony Pictures is distrubiting, there's no way they're gonna let him either.

personally, id like to see John Woo direct it with guidance from Kojima (kind of like with sin city).
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="devilutionman"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]who the hell voted him as a good director? i really want to hear what they like about his movies.LoG-Sacrament

personally, id like to see John Woo direct it with guidance from Kojima (kind of like with sin city).

I think they need someone who can direct a thriller with action elements (such as the director of the Brone Supremacy) as opposed to a full on action director. Kojima should definitely be on board for his input, maybe even write the story.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
horrid
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LoG-Sacrament
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="devilutionman"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]who the hell voted him as a good director? i really want to hear what they like about his movies.Hallenbeck77

I think they need someone who can direct a thriller with action elements (such as the director of the Brone Supremacy) as opposed to a full on action director. Kojima should definitely be on board for his input, maybe even write the story.

MI:2 had a lot of mgs-like twists and i thought they were relatively believable(as believable as they could be anyway). either way, i think woo has a very kojima-like style of filming the action parts atleast(a good dosage of slo-mo, but not defying the laws of gravity too much). its just that i doubt the mgs movie will be a thriller since most other video game movies focus on the action.
-Clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Clarke
Member since 2004 • 13934 Posts
I could care less.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="devilutionman"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]who the hell voted him as a good director? i really want to hear what they like about his movies.LoG-Sacrament

MI:2 had a lot of mgs-like twists and i thought they were relatively believable(as believable as they could be anyway). either way, i think woo has a very kojima-like style of filming the action parts atleast(a good dosage of slo-mo, but not defying the laws of gravity too much). its just that i doubt the mgs movie will be a thriller since most other video game movies focus on the action.

That could be a reason why most video game movies aren't as good as the source material. As far as John Woo directing, not a bad director, but he has not had a US hit in quite some time. Studio execs usually take that into consideration when choosing filmakers for such a high profile film, which this will no doubt be.
AgostonF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 AgostonF
Member since 2006 • 6965 Posts
It takes talent to be so impressively bad, but it's not the kind of talent a movie director needsnickmag
Well said. I agree.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LoG-Sacrament
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="devilutionman"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]who the hell voted him as a good director? i really want to hear what they like about his movies.Hallenbeck77

That could be a reason why most video game movies aren't as good as the source material. As far as John Woo directing, not a bad director, but he has not had a US hit in quite some time. Studio execs usually take that into consideration when choosing filmakers for such a high profile film, which this will no doubt be.

i dont think they will be looking to win an oscar. they will want to make a big summer action movie to fill a lot of seats. i think that the best we can hope for is a movie that atleast does the action well.
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
I heard he makes the best games of all time into really bad movies.
MadMoonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MadMoonX
OMG, please someone stop him before he gets to Halo!!:shock::shock::shock:
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21707 Posts
Why doesn't this POS ever stay away from our video games?! :evil:  
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts
OMG, please someone stop him before he gets to Halo!!:shock::shock::shock:MadMoonX

I find the prospect of that happening to be amusing. They could work actual footage of the game INTO THE FILM ITSELF!
MadMoonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MadMoonX

Who voted Boll as a GOOD MOVIE DIRECTOR!?

Looks like Boll has some fans in this world.....all six of 'em.

Viennoiserie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Viennoiserie
Member since 2007 • 2205 Posts
92% agree with me. :| Wow, that rarily happens to me...
Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts
Uwe Boll can kick ass.
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
I don't even know who that is..bloody1f4knight

Ya me to.
MadMoonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MadMoonX

^^^then why don't you read the other posts? I believe you should know what type he is until now...

50th post!!!!! Nuff said.