Personal trainer gains weight on purpose to emphasize with overweight applicants

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

From fit to fat.

The personal trainer gained 76 pounds over a six month period so he could turn around and lose it again through diet and exercise to inspire people. Or that's the current plan, at least. His weight loss portion starts on Saturday.

What do you think? Personally I would have probably went crazy after the six pack dissapeared, let alone go as far as he did. But if it motivates some people who are overweight to exercise then it'll probably be worth it.

Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Phaze-Two
Member since 2009 • 3444 Posts

awesome! hopefully this shuts alot of people up and inspires them.

btw... i think the fact that he stopped tanning is unscientific.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

How will he go back now that he's had a taste of..........well food that doesn't taste like cardboard?

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts

Empathize...

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Wow.
cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts
He's an inspiration to all personal trainers aspiring to get fat.
mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

I see the "point" in this however, I would not go as far as to say empathetic. If anything it looks like a really good marketing ploy.

P.S I find him strangely attractive in both pictures. :?

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
Good sales tactic. Wouldn't do that to my body though. I respect it.
CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
Getting fat gives you chest hairs. MANLY!!!!
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

Anyone find it funny these Before/after pictures always feature people with completely diferent skin coulours, race e.t.c.?

Well this ones actualy believable. I wish him luck.

The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts

How will he go back now that he's had a taste of..........well food that doesn't taste like cardboard?

Serraph105
Strong unaware. Total caloric balance=weight. Food choice is completely irrelevant. Weight loss is one of the easiest things ever. And if it's not, then there is an underlying issue that needs resolved.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Anyone find it funny these Before/after pictures always feature people with completely diferent skin coulours, race e.t.c.?

Fundai

More than likely he stopped going to the beach and pool when the muscles disappeared which resulted in the lighter skin color. You'll be surprised how much difference a few hours can make especially if you look at your arms after being outside constantly in a short sleeve shirt.

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

ad1x2

More than likely he stopped going to the beach and pool when the muscles disappeared which resulted in the lighter skin color. You'll be surprised how much difference a few hours can make especially if you look at your arms after being outside constantly in a short sleeve shirt.

ya, I can see how this guy could end up looking like he does now. But there are always those other comercials for weight loss programs where the persons height, race, and eye coulour change :P
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#14 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
[QUOTE="ad1x2"]

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

Fundai

ya, I can see how this guy could end up looking like he does now. But there are always those other comercials for weight loss programs where the persons height, race, and eye coulour change :P

Yeah usually what happens is that they have someone who already looks good and edits them in PS or the other way around.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Impossible. Weight is genetic.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Serraph105

[QUOTE="Serraph105"]

The_Zoid

Strong unaware. Total caloric balance=weight. Food choice is completely irrelevant. Weight loss is one of the easiest things ever. And if it's not, then there is an underlying issue that needs resolved.

whether or not it's easy depends on the make-up of the individual. If it was as simple as you claim we would have a one size fits all approach when it comes to dieting. In fact the more they study the issue the more they are finding out about why it's easy for some and not others. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/10/31/141794801/losing-weight-a-battle-against-fat-and-biology?ps=sh_sthdl

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Palantas

Genetics are like elastics: you can stretch those features to a point.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
I saw this plot of Married With Children back in the day; it ends with him dying of a heart attack after stuffing himself with bon bons
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Zoid"][QUOTE="Serraph105"]

Serraph105

whether or not it's easy depends on the make-up of the individual. If it was as simple as you claim we would have a one size fits all approach when it comes to dieting. In fact the more they study the issue the more they are finding out about why it's easy for some and not others. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/10/31/141794801/losing-weight-a-battle-against-fat-and-biology?ps=sh_sthdl

It's just calories in versus calories out, that's it, People just need to stop stuffing their faces.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

a bold move. i hope it works. TC, i expect update threads along the way.

LORD_BLACKGULT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LORD_BLACKGULT
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts

Well, I hope he motivates at least one person to lose weight.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

I see the "point" in this however, I would not go as far as to say empathetic. If anything it looks like a really good marketing ploy.

mexicangordo

I feel like somewhere in the middle of the two extremes would be great.

Avatar image for silentnightmere
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 silentnightmere
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts

[QUOTE="Serraph105"]

[QUOTE="The_Zoid"]Strong unaware. Total caloric balance=weight. Food choice is completely irrelevant. Weight loss is one of the easiest things ever. And if it's not, then there is an underlying issue that needs resolved.achilles614

It's just calories in versus calories out, that's it, People just need to stop stuffing their faces.

Boom. People can't control themselves.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
the only bad thing is that I cannot imagine this being to healthy for his body like not just outside appearance but inside like digestive system, heart, lungs etc. still very cool that he is doing this and i hope he gets back to where he was.
Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Palantas

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Frame_Dragger
[QUOTE="Stesilaus"]

[QUOTE="Palantas"]

Actually obesity is caused by careful engineering of foods and added compounds. Western governments are going to essentially immobilize the population and usse this as means of culling the population. .. ... .... Is what I'd say if I were like you. :P
Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

[QUOTE="Stesilaus"]

[QUOTE="Palantas"]

Frame_Dragger

Actually obesity is caused by careful engineering of foods and added compounds. Western governments are going to essentially immobilize the population and usse this as means of culling the population. .. ... .... Is what I'd say if I were like you. :P

America's obesity epidemic is indicative of a gluttony that is commensurate with its stridently imperialistic foreign policy.

North Korea's famines occur because American ships don't only enforce an arms embargo. They also confiscate North Korean food imports and hand them over to the American food industry.

:|

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 194197844077667059316682358889

[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"][QUOTE="Stesilaus"]

Stesilaus

America's obesity epidemic is indicative of a gluttony that is commensurate with its stridently imperialistic foreign policy.

North Korea's famines occur because American ships don't only enforce an arms embargo. They also confiscate North Korean food imports and hand them over to the American food industry.

The depredations of the McNavy and the atrocities perpetrated by "The Colonel" know no bounds!
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Frame_Dragger
[QUOTE="Stesilaus"]

[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"][QUOTE="Stesilaus"]

The fattening of North Korea will come, along with contamination of our precious bodily fluids. Deny them your essence Stes!!!! :)
Avatar image for PsychoRedFox666
PsychoRedFox666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PsychoRedFox666
Member since 2007 • 2081 Posts

This shows that he really cares. I think it's awesome

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Serraph105

[QUOTE="achilles614"][QUOTE="Serraph105"] whether or not it's easy depends on the make-up of the individual. If it was as simple as you claim we would have a one size fits all approach when it comes to dieting. In fact the more they study the issue the more they are finding out about why it's easy for some and not others. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/10/31/141794801/losing-weight-a-battle-against-fat-and-biology?ps=sh_sthdl

silentnightmere

and why is that? Turns out science has some answers. and I was called uninformed.
lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts
Seems a bit much but to each his own I guess.
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

The depredations of the McNavy and the atrocities perpetrated by "The Colonel" know no bounds!xaos

"McNavy" is kind of stretching things, but I'm quite sure you're used to stretching things.

A better headline would be "Man gets fat to inspire fat people to not be fat."

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
I know its kinda messed up but.. it would be funny if he couldn't lose the wait again :lol:
Avatar image for silentnightmere
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 silentnightmere
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
[QUOTE="silentnightmere"]

[QUOTE="achilles614"] It's just calories in versus calories out, that's it, People just need to stop stuffing their faces.Serraph105

and why is that? Turns out science has some answers. and I was called uninformed.

Really ? Because anything can be done with the right amount of effort. People expect this new diet to make them lose lbs. Well if you still sit around and do nothing its not gonna help to much. People are just too lazy or dont want to work hard to lose the pounds. and dont tell me "genetics" make people fat. Because the US is way to obese for genetics to be the only factor.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

this dude has my full respect

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 achilles614
[QUOTE="silentnightmere"]

[QUOTE="achilles614"] It's just calories in versus calories out, that's it, People just need to stop stuffing their faces.Serraph105

And science has taught us that if you eat less you lose weight. I don't know ANY fat person that wouldn't lose weight if put on a 1500 kcal diet a day based around whole foods, I'll go further and say give them 2000kcal a day and add in strength training they'd still lose weight. I have no sympathy for the big ones, it's simple weight management. Personal trainers and bodybuilders definitely know a thing or two about that. But the average person trying to lose weight just wants to hear what's quick and easy, then rationalize their failure on genetics instead of poor programming.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="silentnightmere"]

achilles614

And science has taught us that if you eat less you lose weight. I don't know ANY fat person that wouldn't lose weight if put on a 1500 kcal diet a day based around whole foods, I'll go further and say give them 2000kcal a day and add in strength training they'd still lose weight. I have no sympathy for the big ones, it's simple weight management. Personal trainers and bodybuilders definitely know a thing or two about that. But the average person trying to lose weight just wants to hear what's quick and easy, then rationalize their failure on genetics instead of poor programming.

And you sir are just a very poorly informed individual on this subject.

Genetics DO play a HUGE role in weight. Sure there are definitely people out there who use this as a lame cop-out excuse, but the body does what it wants regardless of what YOU want it to do at times.

The best example of this is the REVERSE of the issue. Have you ever talked to anyone who was trying to GAIN weight?

I have. I have watched people stuff their faces in an attempt to gain weight to turn into muscle and guess what? Despite all their efforts to gain weight they are still sitting here over a year later having not gained anything.

Genetics DO play a major role, plain and simple. People who think otherwise and like to sit there trying to say to people who can't lose weight "just stop stuffing your face with twinky's fatty" are nothing more than sad individuals with such low self-esteem they feel the need to try to bring other people down to their level.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

[QUOTE="I"]

Stesilaus

Ahhhh!! :lol: Palantas likes this. Saved.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 achilles614

[QUOTE="achilles614"][QUOTE="Serraph105"] and why is that? Turns out science has some answers. and I was called uninformed.LostProphetFLCL

Genetics DO play a HUGE role in weight. Sure there are definitely people out there who use this as a lame cop-out excuse, but the body does what it wants regardless of what YOU want it to do at times.

The best example of this is the REVERSE of the issue. Have you ever talked to anyone who was trying to GAIN weight?

I have. I have watched people stuff their faces in an attempt to gain weight to turn into muscle and guess what? Despite all their efforts to gain weight they are still sitting here over a year later having not gained anything.

Genetics DO play a major role, plain and simple. People who think otherwise and like to sit there trying to say to people who can't lose weight "just stop stuffing your face with twinky's fatty" are nothing more than sad individuals with such low self-esteem they feel the need to try to bring other people down to their level.

Oh boy. All your body wants to do is keep things the way it's used to, the way you've conditioned it with the amount of calories you consume daily.

I actually know a lot about weight gain, I used to be a toothpick who could never gain a pound despite that old line of "Eating whatever I wanted" (which I later found simply wasn't the case skinny people usually don't eat nearly as much as they think) I was at one point 142lbs at 5'11".

I got over myself and my bad genetics and learned to eat right, I got up to 170lbs like clockwork with a little fat and now I weigh 165lbs because I lost the extra fat through calorie control. Now I'm back again with gaining weight 4 eggs a day, whole milk unprocessed foods and meats. My goal is 185 lbs which I KNOW I'll reach despite having always thought I had bad genetics, because I learned it all comes down to calories.

I am far from "poorly informed' on the subject of weight management, but I do know that lazy people make excuses. I always offer to train with people who are overweight and show them how to eat right. What seems to be the norm with them is if they ditch their old diet and eat healthy every one who does loses the weight. The ones who sit there and blame genetics are the ones who year after year are still fat. But you know it's ME bringing them down or people like me, not their lack of willpower or effort.

This genetics thing is bull and real world results speak more than what some "scientist" found in his study. It's hard for skinny people to gain weight as it is for a fat person to lose it, results take time and effort.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

[QUOTE="achilles614"]And science has taught us that if you eat less you lose weight. I don't know ANY fat person that wouldn't lose weight if put on a 1500 kcal diet a day based around whole foods, I'll go further and say give them 2000kcal a day and add in strength training they'd still lose weight. I have no sympathy for the big ones, it's simple weight management. Personal trainers and bodybuilders definitely know a thing or two about that. But the average person trying to lose weight just wants to hear what's quick and easy, then rationalize their failure on genetics instead of poor programming.achilles614

Oh boy. All your body wants to do is keep things the way it's used to, the way you've conditioned it with the amount of calories you consume daily.

I actually know a lot about weight gain, I used to be a toothpick who could never gain a pound despite that old line of "Eating whatever I wanted" (which I later found simply wasn't the case skinny people usually don't eat nearly as much as they think) I was at one point 142lbs at 5'11".

I got over myself and my bad genetics and learned to eat right, I got up to 170lbs like clockwork with a little fat and now I weigh 165lbs because I lost the extra fat through calorie control. Now I'm back again with gaining weight 4 eggs a day, whole milk unprocessed foods and meats. My goal is 185 lbs which I KNOW I'll reach despite having always thought I had bad genetics, because I learned it all comes down to calories.

I am far from "poorly informed' on the subject of weight management, but I do know that lazy people make excuses. I always offer to train with people who are overweight and show them how to eat right. What seems to be the norm with them is if they ditch their old diet and eat healthy every one who does loses the weight. The ones who sit there and blame genetics are the ones who year after year are still fat. But you know it's ME bringing them down or people like me, not their lack of willpower or effort.

This genetics thing is bull and real world results speak more than what some "scientist" found in his study. It's hard for skinny people to gain weight as it is for a fat person to lose it, results take time and effort.

Your body has a specific shape it likes and it is hard to fight that.

You show you do not know much on the subject by suggesting a strict diet as the key to weight loss.

While a strict diet will net you weight loss, the second you are off said diet you balloon back up. It is exactly why you meet those people who always go through those phases of dieting on and off.

Fact is as I mentioned, your body tends to go towards to a specific shape. It is obviously a bigger problem for some than it is for others. The only way to truely beat it with time is to lose weight slowly overtime and instead of crazy dieting schemes, you just gradually make adjustments that you can live with and follow without torturing yourself with some strict diet you won't be able to keep up over time.

Genetics is not bull and you are a sad individual if you truely believe that. Genetics are EXACTLY WHY weight loss/gain is so damn hard to begin with. Your body fights the changes you try and make and depending on how you go about losing the weight, your body will balloon right back if you aren't careful.

Hell, I have been working on losing weight for a while now (had dropped 25 pounds over time WITHOUT strict dieting) and my body continues to fight me. I platued at 145 and have since gained back what I loss as I haven't been able to make it to the gym for a couple months now and my eating habits did get worse since I have been inactive like that. I made gradual "healthy" changes only to be seriously hindered by the realization I am hypoglycemic.

I had been doing good by limiting my pop comsumption and switching to diet pop (I had been known to down a TON of pop) only to start having blood sugar crashes at work. Now I have to snack often and I simply can't do diet pop because it makes my sugar crash. I believe my body got so used to my ridiculous pop intake that I am semi-dependant on that bit of sugar I get through drinking some pop.

I still have it pretty good compared to some. I mean I lost 25 pounds WITHOUT dieting which is something. Hell, some people aren't even physically capable of real exercise...

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 achilles614

You show you do not know much on the subject by suggesting a strict diet as the key to weight loss.

While a strict diet will net you weight loss, the second you are off said diet you balloon back up. It is exactly why you meet those people who always go through those phases of dieting on and off.

Fact is as I mentioned, your body tends to go towards to a specific shape. It is obviously a bigger problem for some than it is for others. The only way to truely beat it with time is to lose weight slowly overtime and instead of crazy dieting schemes, you just gradually make adjustments that you can live with and follow without torturing yourself with some strict diet you won't be able to keep up over time.

Genetics is not bull and you are a sad individual if you truely believe that. Genetics are EXACTLY WHY weight loss/gain is so damn hard to begin with. Your body fights the changes you try and make and depending on how you go about losing the weight, your body will balloon right back if you aren't careful.

Hell, I have been working on losing weight for a while now (had dropped 25 pounds over time WITHOUT strict dieting) and my body continues to fight me. I platued at 145 and have since gained back what I loss as I haven't been able to make it to the gym for a couple months now and my eating habits did get worse since I have been inactive like that. I made gradual "healthy" changes only to be seriously hindered by the realization I am hypoglycemic.

I had been doing good by limiting my pop comsumption and switching to diet pop (I had been known to down a TON of pop) only to start having blood sugar crashes at work. Now I have to snack often and I simply can't do diet pop because it makes my sugar crash. I believe my body got so used to my ridiculous pop intake that I am semi-dependant on that bit of sugar I get through drinking some pop.

I still have it pretty good compared to some. I mean I lost 25 pounds WITHOUT dieting which is something. Hell, some people aren't even physically capable of real exercise...

LostProphetFLCL

Since when is eating whole foods that aren't processed strict dieting? Of course if people eat healthy then go back to eating crap they'll gain it back. It's called a healthy lifestyle not doing trend diets, which I never recommended. Trust me it's calories in versus calories out that includes stuff like exercise too. Anything else is an excuse, Whoever posted the picture of the "genetics" ice cream put it right, we do have bad genes it's called "processed foods" and "gluttony".

Read journals/blogs/sites of some strength coaches you'll see that weight management isn't so complicated, fact of the matter is some people

A) Do not want to control what goes into their mouth.

B) Don't want to exercise in some way

Exercise is hard for any beginner fat or skinny. Making excuses is easy which is what you're doing. You keep saying I have little knowledge or that I'm a sad individual which is kinda funny coming from someone trying to diet while drinking soda pop. I've made meal plans for men (never women) both young and old and seen them lose weight. It's funny how the extra weight comes off with long term healthy eating, I'm talking a year here at least which how long it takes to see drastic changes.

People need to get back to the basics of a healthy life, there's a reason they got fat and it ain't genetics (in most cases). Maybe if they'd learn to lift the barbell instead of the ice cream and tv remote they wouldn't be so fat.

IDK just my uneducated guess, I'm just a simpleton who clearly doesn't understand that diet and exercise mysteriously have no effect on certain populations.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#43 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Seems kind of silly. But whatever, he got his picture on the internet I guess.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

achilles614

Since when is eating whole foods that aren't processed strict dieting? Of course if people eat healthy then go back to eating crap they'll gain it back. It's called a healthy lifestyle not doing trend diets, which I never recommended. Trust me it's calories in versus calories out that includes stuff like exercise too. Anything else is an excuse, Whoever posted the picture of the "genetics" ice cream put it right, we do have bad genes it's called "processed foods" and "gluttony".

Read journals/blogs/sites of some strength coaches you'll see that weight management isn't so complicated, fact of the matter is some people

A) Do not want to control what goes into their mouth.

B) Don't want to exercise in some way

Exercise is hard for any beginner fat or skinny. Making excuses is easy which is what you're doing. You keep saying I have little knowledge or that I'm a sad individual which is kinda funny coming from someone trying to diet while drinking soda pop. I've made meal plans for men (never women) both young and old and seen them lose weight. It's funny how the extra weight comes off with long term healthy eating, I'm talking a year here at least which how long it takes to see drastic changes.

People need to get back to the basics of a healthy life, there's a reason they got fat and it ain't genetics (in most cases). Maybe if they'd learn to lift the barbell instead of the ice cream and tv remote they wouldn't be so fat.

IDK just my uneducated guess, I'm just a simpleton who clearly doesn't understand that diet and exercise mysteriously have no effect on certain populations.

Lol how am I making excuses here? I never once was making excuses for my own personal situation. I already lost the weight before and am going to lose it right back. Now that I have an inhaler again and am not stuck at home sick I will be able to get back to the gym again and work my crazy hours at work.

When did I ever say I was trying to diet BTW? My whole point was that WITHOUT dieting I still dropped 25 pounds and was very close to what weight I should be at when I platued (sp?). The way I am handling my eating habits is through making little changes here and there over time that I KNOW I will be able to keep. One of them was severely cutting my pop intake and attempting to make what little pop I drank diet pop so the damage wouldn't be as bad, but after having blood sugar crashes while drinking diet I switched back and haven't had any sugar issues since.

I know WHY I am a bit chubby and I have fixed it once and will fix it here again.

No, my posts are defending those I know who DO have actual issues beyond their control that effect their weight.

I have a good friend who was annorexic and yet now she can't lose weight even when she prctically starves herself because of a mediction she is on.

To sit there and act like genetics don't mean anything is assinine, and I find it funny how this ONLY applies to weight problems.

Why don't all those shorties go get taller? Why are people born with diabetes? Why are people just plain ugly no matter what they do to their bodies? Oh yeah, it's GENETICS!

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

Dark_Knight6

I feel like somewhere in the middle of the two extremes would be great.

Agreed, though I think he is just a really good looking guy so gaining weight doesn't take that much away from it

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 achilles614

Lol how am I making excuses here? I never once was making excuses for my own personal situation. I already lost the weight before and am going to lose it right back. Now that I have an inhaler again and am not stuck at home sick I will be able to get back to the gym again and work my crazy hours at work.

When did I ever say I was trying to diet BTW? My whole point was that WITHOUT dieting I still dropped 25 pounds and was very close to what weight I should be at when I platued (sp?). The way I am handling my eating habits is through making little changes here and there over time that I KNOW I will be able to keep. One of them was severely cutting my pop intake and attempting to make what little pop I drank diet pop so the damage wouldn't be as bad, but after having blood sugar crashes while drinking diet I switched back and haven't had any sugar issues since.

I know WHY I am a bit chubby and I have fixed it once and will fix it here again.

No, my posts are defending those I know who DO have actual issues beyond their control that effect their weight.

I have a good friend who was annorexic and yet now she can't lose weight even when she prctically starves herself because of a mediction she is on.

To sit there and act like genetics don't mean anything is assinine, and I find it funny how this ONLY applies to weight problems.

Why don't all those shorties go get taller? Why are people born with diabetes? Why are people just plain ugly no matter what they do to their bodies? Oh yeah, it's GENETICS!

LostProphetFLCL

The excuse was calling what I suggested a strict diet. We're talking about maintaining body weight which means body fat and lean muscle. Of course genetics matter in the human body, but for the most part fat loss and muscle gain can be done with calorie management and it doesn't have to be extreme and unsustainable.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was a fat person's physique, it takes time to get fat and a long time to lose it. If I ate like crap everyday for 8 months and kept the calories high I would find myself carrying a lot of fat. Kinda like the personal trainer in the story. If you are overweight and eat the right amount of calories from unprocessed foods and exercise you'll lose the weight. No one wants to put in the time though. I think we agree on that part that it takes time though.

IDK though all I'm saying is if exhibit A: fat man eats less and exercises overtime he will lose weight even with bad genetics. Same goes for skinny folk, eat a lot and exercise and you'll gain weight.

I gained 28lbs in the span of year and it was from just eating more and lifting weights.

My Dad (58yo) lost 75lbs going from 260lbs to 185lbs mostly with making the right choices when he ate.

You said yourself you lost 25lbs (which is great btw) from eating better.

I just don't get how it's not merely a matter of calories.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

achilles614

to suggest that ones genetics don't play a part in their ability to lose weight is absurd. I've been eating properly and working out twice daily for 4 months and have lost very minimal weight for that timeline whereas a friend of mine has lost considerably more than me in half the time eating worse.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Idiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 194197844077667059316682358889
IdiotGazaAli
How so?
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Good sales tactic. Wouldn't do that to my body though. I respect it.bobaban

This is nothing new. All those weight lost promos are a bunch of trainers, atheletes etc etc who went out of shape due to a injury or other such thing, finally recovering to do it over again. Its a scam.