Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumblebee_(film)#Critical_response

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2018/12/09/bumblebee-reaction-great-transformers-movie-we-always-wanted/2260089002/

Will definately watch it now lol

Well?

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Honestly, there's no place for the franchise to go butup. It does look interesting, so I'll watch it at some point.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

A quote from a review

"Fans of the classic 'Transformers' will be thrilled by many of the touches here,” says IndieWire’s Liz Shannon Miller. “But there is also now an entire generation of kids who are going to get to watch a girl drive, with a smile on her face.”

So it looks like its pandering to girl power. Sad but as soon as I saw it getting good reviews I was thinking it had to do with some progressive narrative.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

Looking to see it one day.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

The trailers made it look like the Iron Gaint.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Honestly, there's no place for the franchise to go butup. It does look interesting, so I'll watch it at some point.

Be careful now. Rock bottom is very, very far down.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#7 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Amazing what a little less Michael Bay can do.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@horgen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

Be careful now. Rock bottom is very, very far down.

"Best Transformers movie ever" is a really, really low bar. However, to misquote Qui-Gon Jinn: "There's always a crappier fish."

What's worse than Michael Bay Transformers? The Asylum Mockbuster knockoff of Michael Bay's Transformers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmorphers

Loading Video...

It says something when your entire business model is tricking your grandma into accidentally renting this for you thinking they were getting the movie it's an obvious ripoff of.

-Byshop

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Byshop: I almost, almost want to see it.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Byshop  Moderator

@horgen said:

@Byshop: I almost, almost want to see it.

Honestly, as much as I like a good awful movie, Asylum movies manage to suck the fun out of bad on top of their terrible business model.

As for Bumblebee, I'm down to see it. I fell out of the last few Transformers films because even as "bad" movies they were running out of redeeming qualities. Too much of the same, and the same was crap.

-Byshop

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Byshop said:

"Best Transformers movie ever" is a really, really low bar. However, to misquote Qui-Gon Jinn: "There's always a crappier fish."

Nothing released in the theaters AFTER the 1986 animated motion picture (which was THE best) could even wipe the dirty arse of that masterpiece. The credit scroll of the Nimoy led film is better than any of the live action crap.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Byshop  Moderator

@Solaryellow said:
@Byshop said:

Nothing released in the theaters AFTER the 1986 animated motion picture (which was THE best) could even wipe the dirty arse of that masterpiece. The credit scroll of the Nimoy led film is better than any of the live action crap.

I thought the first Bay movie was alright. Not great, but a decent revival even if it came nowhere near the nostalgia of the original film. However, after seeing the rest of the films and seeing what a one trick pony he is, you start to realize that his one trick isn't even that great. It just felt fresh at the time.

-Byshop

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

To be fair it only has 15 reviews. I expect to be in the 80ish in percentage.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

I'm hype for both Bumblebee & Aquaman and what a great way to end it all in December of 2018.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@blackhairedhero said:

So it looks like its pandering to girl power. but as soon as I saw it getting good reviews I was thinking it had to do with some progressive narrative.

The writer of that particular review appears to be happy that it's starring a woman, and you can use generic buzz-words on her all you want, but that doesn't mean there is some insane conspiracy going on with the film itself. There is no insane left wing deep state conspiracy going on with this movie. Or most movies.

And even IF they are pandering to anything, it's the relatively untapped female market (for these kind of films) for pure revenue sake. Marketing. Capitalism. Free Market, etc. C'mon I thought conservatives supported that stuff. Just like how they add Chinese actors & actresses; it's not for progressive racial bs, it's for that Chinese $$$.

But I'm glad the movie is apparently good, I grew up being a fan of the BumbleBee from the older cartoon series. Probably because the awful Micheal Bay didn't direct this time.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: your obsession with incels is odd. My point is people are gloating about the female lead and could possibly be overlooking the other flaws in the movie. This happens often in critic reviews who will rate movies extremely high as long as some progressive narrative is being pushed.

Black Panther is a perfect example. It is an average at best superhero movie but yet its getting nominated for a golden globe for best picture.

As for untapped female market that's hillarious. Girl with the dragon tattoo sequel, Star Wars, Ghost Busters, Salt, Wonder women , Captain Marvel. I'd say nearly half of upcoming big budget action movies star female leads. It's far from untapped.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zaryia
@blackhairedhero said:

As for untapped female market that's hillarious. Girl with the dragon tattoo sequel, Star Wars, Ghost Busters, Salt, Wonder women , Captain Marvel. I'd say nearly half of upcoming big budget action movies star female leads. It's far from untapped.

Relatively untapped.

That's a very small list of movies compared to total blockbusters made. But a list which keeps growing because of the potential revenue which is clearly being sought after (as I suggested). In other words $$$ > SJW nonsense. Money is one of the main driving forces, not a bunch of twitter freaks.

The suits didn't clear this massive production for the feminists.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: Its SJW pandering though that gets them made in the first place. Sorry but most women don't give a **** about Starwars. Not even now no matter how bad you want them to. And of every movie I've mentioned most have flopped commercialy with the exception of Star Wars and Wonder Women( Captain Marvel isn't out yet). And Star Wars may be headed for a decline.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BlackBalls

@blackhairedhero said:

A quote from a review

"Fans of the classic 'Transformers' will be thrilled by many of the touches here,” says IndieWire’s Liz Shannon Miller. “But there is also now an entire generation of kids who are going to get to watch a girl drive, with a smile on her face.”

So it looks like its pandering to girl power. Sad but as soon as I saw it getting good reviews I was thinking it had to do with some progressive narrative.

I wonder why conservatives have an issue with women playing the lead role in games and movies. But then again, they also have issues when blacks get represented and lord forbid the LGBT community.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zaryia
@blackhairedhero said:

@zaryia: Its SJW pandering though that gets them made in the first place.

In your opinion.

I see it as trying to make a buck. No suit will clear a huge production like this for SJW nonsense, not on this planet we currently live in.

A film simply starring a woman does not make it automatically SJW pandering. That's Incel logic.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: No a women staring in it does not automatically make it SJW pandering and maybe the new transformers isn't bad not sure yet haven't seen it.

Star Wars however was cringeworthy though as was Ghostbusters.

https://youtu.be/w8kmks42DtQ

Joe Rogan couldn't have said it better. I guess he's an Incel now? Lol

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@blackballs: i don't have an an issue with representation unless it involves relentless pandering. The kind the left so easily eats up and pat's themselves on the back for.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BlackBalls

@blackhairedhero said:

@blackballs: i don't have an an issue with representation unless it involves relentless pandering. The kind the left so easily eats up and pat's themselves on the back for.

Have you seen the movie? No. So why are you talking about the female lead? To me it's obvious you're just mad that a woman is leading the Transformers movie.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blackhairedhero

@blackballs: I have not seen it and I'm not angry a female is leading it. I'm just saying ( ITS POSSIBLE( it could be getting no criticism because it pushes an agenda the way other movies have.

The last Star Wars had great critic reviews despite being a very average movie. I got to hear how awesome Rey was but they kinda overlooked the terrible pacing and worthless characters.

This may not be the case for the new Transformers but its possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Lol, so true

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

I do not like films of this nature, but I am willing to see this one.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BlackBalls

@blackhairedhero said:

@blackballs: I have not seen it and I'm not angry a female is leading it. I'm just saying ( ITS POSSIBLE( it could be getting no criticism because it pushes an agenda the way other movies have.

The last Star Wars had great critic reviews despite being a very average movie. I got to hear how awesome Rey was but they kinda overlooked the terrible pacing and worthless characters.

This may not be the case for the new Transformers but its possible.

And you honestly think that they gave Star Wars a good score because of its female lead, like critis looked at Rey and said "OMG we must score it 92% because its a woman."

I agree that Rey is a mediocre character, but I still give the film a solid 8/10. It's called opinions. I really don't understand your sexism, or how the U.S has become such a hateful country, tbh.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@blackballs: The last Jedi was absolute garbage. From Unstoppable Rey to Purple haired Laura Dern telling all the big dumb men to shut up and fall in line. The movie was cringeworthy. And yes I think the pandering appealed to critics. The sad thing is people knew how to do cool female heroes better in the 80s. Go watch the Alien trilogy.

How did America become so hateful... Gee I don't know. Can it be because just about anything involving White European culture must be diversified? Hell they can't even do a show based off a book created by a bunch of Polacks without making half the cast brown. Yet an average super hero movie like Black Panther is treated like the movie of the century and praised for celebrating African culture. The only places that crave diversity and inclusion are places that are majority white yet nobody else gives a **** about it.

Do you see Japan, China and Korea worried about diversity? What about nations in Africa are they trying to push for more diversity? How about India and all the Bollywood movies? Do you see them worried about diversity and inclusion? The answer Is no. And some people see the trend and are tired of it.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BlackBalls

@blackhairedhero said:

@blackballs: The last Jedi was absolute garbage. From Unstoppable Rey to Purple haired Laura Dern telling all the big dumb men to shut up and fall in line. The movie was cringeworthy. And yes I think the pandering appealed to critics. The sad thing is people knew how to do cool female heroes better in the 80s. Go watch the Alien trilogy.

How did America become so hateful... Gee I don't know. Can it be because just about anything involving White European culture must be diversified? Hell they can't even do a show based off a book created by a bunch of Polacks without making half the cast brown. Yet an average super hero movie like Black Panther is treated like the movie of the century and praised for celebrating African culture. The only places that crave diversity and inclusion are places that are majority white yet nobody else gives a **** about it.

Do you see Japan, China and Korea worried about diversity? What about nations in Africa are they trying to push for more diversity? How about India and all the Bollywood movies? Do you see them worried about diversity and inclusion? The answer Is no. And some people see the trend and are tired of it.

Okay, this post is just full of hate. At first I thought you had an issue just being sexist, but it goes much further. I'm not even going to keep wasting my time with you.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Damedius
Member since 2010 • 737 Posts

Can't you take your discussions about that aborted fetus "The Last Jedi" to another thread.

This looks better than that pile of dung.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@Byshop: "What's worse than Michael Bay Transformers? The Asylum Mockbuster knockoff of Michael Bay's Transformers:"

Is Michael Bay the same guy who made the current Turtles movies?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Byshop  Moderator

@blackhairedhero: Reminder: This thread is about the Bumblebee/Transformers movies. Let's try to stay on topic.

@PSP107 said:

@Byshop: "What's worse than Michael Bay Transformers? The Asylum Mockbuster knockoff of Michael Bay's Transformers:"

Is Michael Bay the same guy who made the current Turtles movies?

Yes, same director. Once you recognize his "style" he's easy to spot.

-Byshop

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

i like that they're going for more of the 80's style. good for them

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@blackballs: Because like most liberals you have no arguments. I don't hate anyone I'm just asking you a simple question. Why do none of the other groups care about diversity, inclusion or representation? It's a topic you brought up.

It seems to be a burden put on the US and Europe .

Regardless Bumblebee may be a good movie I don't know yet. Not sure if it's a pander fest I'll have to go see it.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BlackBalls

@blackhairedhero said:

@blackballs: Because like most liberals you have no arguments. I don't hate anyone I'm just asking you a simple question. Why do none of the other groups care about diversity, inclusion or representation? It's a topic you brought up.

It seems to be a burden put on the US and Europe .

Regardless Bumblebee may be a good movie I don't know yet. Not sure if it's a pander fest I'll have to go see it.

Nah, I just like to ignore people with prejudice. I mean, what's the point of debating someone with so much hate - racism, sexism and homophobia? Also, I'm neither in the US or Europe. Try again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

@blackballs said:

Are your balls really black? :D

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Blackhairedhero

@blackballs: Diversity is only pushed in those places. .. oh and Australia.

And you gave me the classic NPC response. Wow it really is scary how accurate a meme is.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BlackBalls

@blackhairedhero said:

@blackballs:

And you gave me the classic NPC response. Wow it really is scary how accurate a meme is.

Only people who are racist/xenophobes/homophobes and sexists would say that. Not saying you are. It's just a meme that is sometimes accurate, you know that most Trump supporters are like that. Again, not saying you are. But the meme does seem to be right this time.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BlackBalls

@carljohnsoncj said:
@blackballs said:

Are your balls really black? :D

Yes, they are big too.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Byshop  Moderator

Please stop with the name calling.

-Byshop

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@zaryia said:
@blackhairedhero said:

@zaryia: Its SJW pandering though that gets them made in the first place.

In your opinion.

I see it as trying to make a buck. No suit will clear a huge production like this for SJW nonsense, not on this planet we currently live in.

A film simply starring a woman does not make it automatically SJW pandering. That's Incel logic.

To be fair, one can try and make a buck by pandering to a certain demographic. If I was planning on spending good coin to view this film, I'd be concerned with a block head wrestler being in a significant role rather than a chick.

My interest does not exist for anything Transformers not following the path of the original movie. The previews have always looked over-the-top asinine and a complete mockery of what I find to be interesting. I'd be content with Spike and Daniel.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#44 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Ah, so much entertainment over a single sentence. Welp, I suppose it's time for a moderator to, you know, moderate. We do have the Politics Forum (my baby!) for a reason.

And a friendly reminder: check your Gellar Field integrity when surfing the InterWarp, brothers.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Byshop  Moderator

@blackballs said:

To be fair it only has 15 reviews. I expect to be in the 80ish in percentage.

It's up to 26 reviews with one negative, and the negative appears to be a Bay fan.

-Byshop

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

@blackballs said:
@carljohnsoncj said: