Official SuperBowl XLIII Thread Pittsburgh 27, Arizona 23 FINAL

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nbtrap1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#501 nbtrap1212
Member since 2005 • 1525 Posts
[QUOTE="dodgerblue13"]The game was incredible, but the Steelers shouldn't have won. And I have lost all respect for James Harrison as a player. His punch to the back was bad enough, but just throwing him on the ground was ridiculous. I just remembered the roughing the passer call. That was bush league, too.

1. It wasn't to the back. 2. It wasn't a punch. He pushed him with both hands just below his shoulder pads. 3. It was clearly NOT done out of frustration. He was blocking him. He got up and he pushed him back down. I believe he pushed him after the play, which is why he was penalized.
p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#502 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts
[QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="dodgerblue13"]The game was incredible, but the Steelers shouldn't have won. And I have lost all respect for James Harrison as a player. His punch to the back was bad enough, but just throwing him on the ground was ridiculous. I just remembered the roughing the passer call. That was bush league, too.

1. It wasn't to the back. 2. It wasn't a punch. He pushed him with both hands just below his shoulder pads. 3. It was clearly NOT done out of frustration. He was blocking him. He got up and he pushed him back down. I believe he pushed him after the play, which is why he was penalized.

1 it was to the back 2 it wasnt a punch you were right but it was still intimidation (he stands over him, then grabs him again and throws him to the ground) 3 it wasnt out of frustration... there was nothing to be frusterated about. however it was something else. it was not a clean block...
Avistann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#503 Avistann
Member since 2008 • 7102 Posts
[QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="dodgerblue13"]The game was incredible, but the Steelers shouldn't have won. And I have lost all respect for James Harrison as a player. His punch to the back was bad enough, but just throwing him on the ground was ridiculous. I just remembered the roughing the passer call. That was bush league, too.

It was out of frustration clearly. He held the guy to the ground then pushed him around when he tried to get up.
nbtrap1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#504 nbtrap1212
[QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="dodgerblue13"]The game was incredible, but the Steelers shouldn't have won. And I have lost all respect for James Harrison as a player. His punch to the back was bad enough, but just throwing him on the ground was ridiculous. I just remembered the roughing the passer call. That was bush league, too.

1 it was to the back 2 it wasnt a punch you were right but it was still intimidation (he stands over him, then grabs him again and throws him to the ground) 3 it wasnt out of frustration... there was nothing to be frusterated about. however it was something else. it was not a clean block...

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing. Harrison stood over him pressing him to the ground so he couldn't get up. He got up anyway, and Harrison pushed him back on the ground. What the hell?
nbtrap1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#505 nbtrap1212
[QUOTE="Avistann"][QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="dodgerblue13"]The game was incredible, but the Steelers shouldn't have won. And I have lost all respect for James Harrison as a player. His punch to the back was bad enough, but just throwing him on the ground was ridiculous. I just remembered the roughing the passer call. That was bush league, too.

It was out of frustration clearly. He held the guy to the ground then pushed him around when he tried to get up.

All of which, except for the very last push, happened during play. It's called blocking. He was called for a late hit.
p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 p2rus
[QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="Avistann"][QUOTE="nbtrap1212"] 1. It wasn't to the back. 2. It wasn't a punch. He pushed him with both hands just below his shoulder pads. 3. It was clearly NOT done out of frustration. He was blocking him. He got up and he pushed him back down. I believe he pushed him after the play, which is why he was penalized.

All of which, except for the very last push, happened during play. It's called blocking. He was called for a late hit.

No watch the play again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGrAZvQTt8I sorry for the bad quality He pushes him down. then throws him to the ground (fransisco is actually thrown onto his back, gets up). Flags fly. Harrison stands looking tough. Then pushes Fransisco twice more.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]Sorry you're a Steelers fan I can't take your opinion on whether they are dirty or not serious, because of course you're going to be biased.Sins-of-Mosin
Please, you come off as complete anti-Steeler bias so I can't take your opinion. Have you seen the Ravens play? I don't think so. The Super Bowl always brings out the 10 minute fan.

It's funny cause I think the Ravens are dirty too, go figure. Also, I've thought the Steelers played dirty for a while now, I didn't all of a sudden decide that during the Superbowl.

Avistann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508 Avistann
Member since 2008 • 7102 Posts
[QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="Avistann"] It was out of frustration clearly. He held the guy to the ground then pushed him around when he tried to get up.

No watch the play again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGrAZvQTt8I sorry for the bad quality He pushes him down. then throws him to the ground (fransisco is actually thrown onto his back, gets up). Flags fly. Harrison stands looking tough. Then pushes Fransisco twice more.

Yeah, there is no way that is part of the game. Deffiently personal.
nbtrap1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509 nbtrap1212
[QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="Avistann"] It was out of frustration clearly. He held the guy to the ground then pushed him around when he tried to get up.

I was wrong. Looking at this again, Harrison did NOT hit Fransisco after the whistle. Bad, bad call. Honestly. How can you call a guy for pushing another guy during play?
p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510 p2rus
[QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="nbtrap1212"] All of which, except for the very last push, happened during play. It's called blocking. He was called for a late hit.

I was wrong. Looking at this again, Harrison did NOT hit Fransisco after the whistle. Bad, bad call. Honestly. How can you call a guy for pushing another guy during play?

Haha wow he threw a man who was in the fetal position onto his back... thats a personal foul. then he throws him down again.
nbtrap1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 nbtrap1212
[QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="p2rus"]No watch the play again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGrAZvQTt8I sorry for the bad quality He pushes him down. then throws him to the ground (fransisco is actually thrown onto his back, gets up). Flags fly. Harrison stands looking tough. Then pushes Fransisco twice more.

Haha wow he threw a man who was in the fetal position onto his back... thats a personal foul. then he throws him down again.

1. The Cardinals player was trying to get up. 2. Harrison pushed him back down. 3. No, it's not a penalty.
p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512 p2rus
[QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="nbtrap1212"] I was wrong. Looking at this again, Harrison did NOT hit Fransisco after the whistle. Bad, bad call. Honestly. How can you call a guy for pushing another guy during play?

1. The Cardinals player was trying to get up. 2. Harrison pushed him back down. 3. No, it's not a penalty.

And then Fransisco tried to get back up. Was thrown down again. Harrison loomed over him, threatening him. Then once Fransisco got back up Harrison was seeing red, he even pushed Fransisco again. Look. Thats not a no call, when you have a guy lying on his knees and getting pushed in the back... the THROWN. The hand is on his chest and actually throws Fransisco with tremendous force onto his backside. how is that legal?
hell_blazer899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513 hell_blazer899
Member since 2006 • 1907 Posts
Arizona find a way to piss a title away. what a ripoff. But kudos to steelers for the notorious win.
nbtrap1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 nbtrap1212
[QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="p2rus"]Haha wow he threw a man who was in the fetal position onto his back... thats a personal foul. then he throws him down again. p2rus

And then Fransisco tried to get back up. Was thrown down again. Harrison loomed over him, threatening him. Then once Fransisco got back up Harrison was seeing red, he even pushed Fransisco again. Look. Thats not a no call, when you have a guy lying on his knees and getting pushed in the back... the THROWN. The hand is on his chest and actually throws Fransisco with tremendous force onto his backside. how is that legal?

You must not know anything about football. There is nothing illegal about shoving a guy onto his back. Over and over again. Yeah. It's called blocking. And it's also legal to keep a guy on the ground like he did, as long as he wasn't bear hugging him or grabbing him with clenched fists.
viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts
[QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="nbtrap1212"] 1. The Cardinals player was trying to get up. 2. Harrison pushed him back down. 3. No, it's not a penalty.

You must not know anything about football. There is nothing illegal about shoving a guy onto his back. Over and over again. Yeah. It's called blocking. And it's also legal to keep a guy on the ground like he did, as long as he wasn't bear hugging him or grabbing him with clenched fists.

If that's true, Madden's comments about it were a little misleading....I'm not a football fan BTW.
p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 p2rus
[QUOTE="nbtrap1212"][QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="nbtrap1212"] 1. The Cardinals player was trying to get up. 2. Harrison pushed him back down. 3. No, it's not a penalty.

I know about football... :| are you arguing that harrison wasnt unneccessary roughness but adrian wilson, who was trying to avoid the kicker at all costs, was unneccessary roughness? sure. its called taking off the steeler cap and realizing you cant assault a man on the field. (also... kurt warner was held on the int return for a touchdown + block in the back...)
cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#517 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts
Well, seeing that the Superbowl is over, we can do the unstickying now. Also...James Harrison should have been kicked out for punching a dude in the head. That is all.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
Well, seeing that the Superbowl is over, we can do the unstickying now. Also...James Harrison should have been kicked out for punching a dude in the head. That is all.cell_dweller
He should have, but oh well. Time to start the Pro Bowl Thread?
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#519 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

Well, seeing that the Superbowl is over, we can do the unstickying now. Also...James Harrison should have been kicked out for punching a dude in the head. That is all.cell_dweller

I agree. Too bad he didnt punch anyone in the head ...:roll:

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#520 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts

taj7575
Well, it looked like it was in the head. I guess it was right in the back.
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#521 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
[QUOTE="taj7575"]

cell_dweller

Doesn't really matter where it was, it shouldn't have happened.
viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#522 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts
[QUOTE="cell_dweller"][QUOTE="taj7575"]

Maniacc1

Doesn't really matter where it was, it shouldn't have happened.

lol...some of the youtube comments keep saying it was legal and was not a punch.