not returning the game to blockbuster

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

does anyone know how much it will cost me if i dont return a game to bb? i went there (b/c i have a gift card )to buy madden 10 . i called b4 i went there and the girl said they had 1 copy left. So i get there and of course she lied to me about having 1 left. Im thinking about renting it, and just not returning it.. i know ill be charged, but im just wondering if anyone here knows how much.

thanks

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts

I don't know but I'd give it back if I were you.

MrEnvelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 MrEnvelope
Member since 2007 • 2424 Posts

Madden.... ewww... :?

cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts
They'll charge you a few late fees and then the whole game. You'll be out more money than if you just went to another store and bought it.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ultraking

i realize you might not like madden... but i do.. thanks for your reply tho

Madden.... ewww... :?

MrEnvelope

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 my_mortal_coil
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts

I dunno if your thread contains illegal info, I'd be careful. You DID say that you would pay for the movie, but obviously it's against policy to keep rentals. If that's what you want to do just Gamefly - they ALLOW you to keep the rental @ cost.

Oh, and I have no idea what they would charge you. I would GUESS it would be the retail price of the game minus a cetain amount for how old it is.

jJaAmMeEsS2184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jJaAmMeEsS2184
Member since 2009 • 894 Posts

It depends on the going rate for the game...if it is new like Madden 10..chances are you'll be paying full price...I had Fable 2 for past the due date, and they charged me about $40.00...I returned it of course..and you only pay like $1.80 restock fee...

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Trust me. They will charge you double for the game. Expect to have to pay at least $100 for the game if you don't give it back.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ultraking

what if i call them 2 days into my rental time, and tell them it got stolen

They'll charge you a few late fees and then the whole game. You'll be out more money than if you just went to another store and bought it.cd_rom

Avatar image for TheBurgerKing96
TheBurgerKing96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheBurgerKing96
Member since 2009 • 191 Posts
They would charge you alot. Its reminds me of my cousin, when he got charged $60+ for a late fee just a day or three late I think on 4 movies..
cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cd_rom

what if i call them 2 days into my rental time, and tell them it got stolen[QUOTE="cd_rom"]They'll charge you a few late fees and then the whole game. You'll be out more money than if you just went to another store and bought it.ultraking

Then they'll either do the same thing or charge you double for it like Pirate said. People try to pull this stuff all the time and Blockbuster isn't going to be the one screwed over here.

And they go crazy with the late fee charges. They tried to make me pay $300 for a movie that I returned on time, but their computer said it was out for two months or whatever.

Sonicfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sonicfever
Member since 2009 • 77 Posts

Just buy it....

jJaAmMeEsS2184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jJaAmMeEsS2184

I dunno if your thread contains illegal info, I'd be careful. You DID say that you would pay for the movie, but obviously it's against policy to keep rentals. If that's what you want to do just Gamefly - they ALLOW you to keep the rental @ cost.

Oh, and I have no idea what they would charge you. I would GUESS it would be the retail price of the game minus a cetain amount for how old it is.

my_mortal_coil

there is nothing illegal about keeping rentals from blockbuster...they just charge your account for what the game costs...they tell you in the 'rules' (if you will), about what happens if you choose to keep the rental...they just assume you liked the game enough to want to buy it...it's not like they contact the police over the matter..:lol:

Apocalypse97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Apocalypse97
Member since 2008 • 1758 Posts
You'll probably get bored of it fast anyways and can you really live comfortably having the fact that you jacked a game from blockbuster on your conscious?
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#16 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Wait, so you want to try to take revenge on BB by not returning a game because you were "lied to", thus incurring more penalties than the game is actually worth? :?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pirate700

what if i call them 2 days into my rental time, and tell them it got stolen[QUOTE="cd_rom"]They'll charge you a few late fees and then the whole game. You'll be out more money than if you just went to another store and bought it.ultraking

You will have to pay anyway. If it get's stolen that's your problem.

Avatar image for TheBurgerKing96
TheBurgerKing96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheBurgerKing96
Member since 2009 • 191 Posts
I have a question, how can they charge you if they might not know your info, or you dont come into the store?
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ultraking

i tried, plz read my op

Just buy it....

Sonicfever

jJaAmMeEsS2184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jJaAmMeEsS2184

wow..I see most of you all don't know much about Blockbuster...They charge you what the game is currently worth..Madden will probably cost you full price..older games, they charge what they are worth...they don't care..basically it is the same as if you bought it from them up front...trust me, I have kept many rentals way past the due date, and all they charge is what the game is worth...and if you return it, they credit it back to your credit/debit card, and only charge the restock fee of like $1.80

So if you like Madden and want it..keep it, you'll pay about the rental fee more than if you bought it outright...

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ultraking

i dont mind paying full price for the game, at all.

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

what if i call them 2 days into my rental time, and tell them it got stolen[QUOTE="cd_rom"]They'll charge you a few late fees and then the whole game. You'll be out more money than if you just went to another store and bought it.Pirate700

cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cd_rom
I have a question, how can they charge you if they might not know your info, or you dont come into the store?TheBurgerKing96
In order to rent something, you need an account. You need to provide you credit card info, home address, and other usual stuff. Though, after a few years, I don't think you have to update your account. I don't know what they could do if you moved and have a new CC.
tester962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 tester962
Member since 2004 • 2881 Posts
You'll probably get bored of it fast anyways and can you really live comfortably having the fact that you jacked a game from blockbuster on your conscious?Apocalypse97
Ive done it in the past and felt pretty fine about it. Though it wasnt planned out. Rent some stuff from Blockbuster and forget about it and than move and realize when your unpacking that some of these movies arent yours =o
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ultraking

thank you! very much

wow..I see most of you all don't know much about Blockbuster...They charge you what the game is currently worth..Madden will probably cost you full price..older games, they charge what they are worth...they don't care..basically it is the same as if you bought it from them up front...trust me, I have kept many rentals way past the due date, and all they charge is what the game is worth...and if you return it, they credit it back to your credit/debit card, and only charge the restock fee of like $1.80

So if you like Madden and want it..keep it, you'll pay about the rental fee more than if you bought it outright...

jJaAmMeEsS2184

Apocalypse97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Apocalypse97
Member since 2008 • 1758 Posts
[QUOTE="Apocalypse97"]You'll probably get bored of it fast anyways and can you really live comfortably having the fact that you jacked a game from blockbuster on your conscious?tester962
Ive done it in the past and felt pretty fine about it. Though it wasnt planned out. Rent some stuff from Blockbuster and forget about it and than move and realize when your unpacking that some of these movies arent yours =o

lol, blockbuster didn't call you a million times or anything?
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ultraking

not so much, i love football.. and madden kicks ass. thanx for your reply tho

You'll probably get bored of it fast anyways and can you really live comfortably having the fact that you jacked a game from blockbuster on your conscious?Apocalypse97

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
They tell you when you rent it, and it's not that bad (what is bad is their fees to rent a game in the first place). They don't charge late fees anymore, but they make you buy the game if you don't return it for a certain amount of time.
Avatar image for Never3ndingLife
Never3ndingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Never3ndingLife
Member since 2009 • 1114 Posts
i would just return it to avoid any source of pain
cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cd_rom

Actually, I say you do what this guy did.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20569249/detail.html

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pirate700

i dont mind paying full price for the game, at all. [QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

ultraking

You won't be paying full though. Not even close.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ultraking

LOL, im not that crazy..... thanks for the replies so far guys

Actually, I say you do what this guy did.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20569249/detail.html

cd_rom

Crypto138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#32 Crypto138
Member since 2005 • 1672 Posts
Is there really no other store with video games anywhere within a few miles of you, to the point where you absolutely HAVE to do this? Seems kinda silly.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Please quote correctly... UNDER the quotes, not in front of them. >_> And just buy the game rather than telling them it got stolen and committing fraud.
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

i dont mind paying full price for the game, at all. [QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

ultraking

Just buy the damn game... You'll waste more money with what you think is a bright idea as opposed to just going over to your Wal-Mart and buying the game...

WarEagle1357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WarEagle1357
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts
Go to Wal-Mart...They will have it.
tester962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 tester962
Member since 2004 • 2881 Posts

[QUOTE="tester962"][QUOTE="Apocalypse97"]You'll probably get bored of it fast anyways and can you really live comfortably having the fact that you jacked a game from blockbuster on your conscious?Apocalypse97

lol, blockbuster didn't call you a million times or anything?

nope never got a single phone call. Dident have to sign up using a credit card and had a different number as I moved to a different state.

it was 2 dvds premonition and hills have eyes 2, I like to think that I saved some people the suffering of sitting through either movie =p

Avatar image for deactivated-5c47d700b56ab
deactivated-5c47d700b56ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5c47d700b56ab
Member since 2003 • 8038 Posts

does anyone know how much it will cost me if i dont return a game to bb? i went there (b/c i have a gift card )to buy madden 10 . i called b4 i went there and the girl said they had 1 copy left. So i get there and of course she lied to me about having 1 left. Im thinking about renting it, and just not returning it.. i know ill be charged, but im just wondering if anyone here knows how much.

thanks

ultraking
i hate it when people dont actually check if the game is there. "oh yeah, its in the inventory so its here." its all BS.
jJaAmMeEsS2184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jJaAmMeEsS2184

I personally woudn't keep it, even if I wanted it REALLY badly. If you do, you get charged a few late fees, and then $60 for the whole game. If you want the very same copy at Blockbuster (I personaly would just buy it new somewhere else), come back the same day it is due to be returned and ask them to buy the copy. They will charge you $60 (without late fees) and you can keep the game. If you look at the Blockbuster recipt, it will state you can buy the copy for $??.?? [it usually says either $50 or $60], just to confirm that you can do that. KingOfTheNers

you don't get charged any late fees...the only extra amount you pay is the initial rental fee..then the price of the game...seriously they don't screw you when it comes time they charge you for the amount of the game...the only draw back is, that you are potentially buying a very used game in worse condition, than if you were to buy it at like gamestop or something..

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ultraking

thats the part that really pissed me off. i drive a wrx sti and i have to use 92 gas. i kinda made a special trip there, bc they said they had a copy

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

thanks

Gunnerman007

i hate it when people dont actually check if the game is there. "oh yeah, its in the inventory so its here." its all BS.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
why not go somewhere else and buy it? why do you have to get it from blockbuster? hell even 7-11 sells games now
k16campbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 k16campbell
Member since 2008 • 660 Posts

Just buy it....

Sonicfever

Good post^^^:P

Avatar image for motorstormhater
motorstormhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 motorstormhater
Member since 2007 • 789 Posts

well i had a late fee at my video store of about 2 dollars and we got a letter saying that if we didn't pay soon that they would take us to court and sue us. When yo sign up to a video store you have to sign a contract saying youll return anything you rent or they can sue you so yeah id return it if i were you

jJaAmMeEsS2184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jJaAmMeEsS2184

well i had a late fee at my video store of about 2 dollars and we got a letter saying that if we didn't pay soon that they would take us to court and sue us. When yo sign up to a video store you have to sign a contract saying youll return anything you rent or they can sue you so yeah id return it if i were you

motorstormhater

that is like every video store..except Blockbuster

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

thanks

ultraking

It will screw up your credit history. A few years ago, I DID return two movies to Hollywood. They were very busy when I walked in, so I just set them on the counter and told one of the cashiers...the clerk said she would take care of it. A couple of months later, I received a letter from Hollywood saying that I never returned the movies. I tried to fight it, but ultimately, it ended up nicking my credit score...and I had to pay the fines on top of that to clear my credit rating, even though I was honest on my end. It took at least a year to get that off of my credit rating.

Jut return the game.

RearNakedChoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RearNakedChoke
Member since 2009 • 1699 Posts

If you wait long enough, they'll probably make your purchase it.

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

They'll charge you a few late fees and then the whole game. You'll be out more money than if you just went to another store and bought it.cd_rom

agreed

jJaAmMeEsS2184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jJaAmMeEsS2184

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

thanks

StrawberryHill

It will screw up your credit history. A few years ago, I DID return two movies to Hollywood. They were very busy when I walked in, so I just set them on the counter and told one of the cashiers...the clerk said she would take care of it. A couple of months later, I received a letter from Hollywood saying that I never returned the movies. I tried to fight it, but ultimately, it ended up nicking my credit score...and I had to pay the fines on top of that to clear my credit rating, even though I was honest on my end. It took at least a year to get that off of my credit rating.

Jut return the game.

read earlier posts...Blockbuster does'nt do that sort of stuff...and he was referring to Blockbuster..not hollywood video...

Avatar image for motorstormhater
motorstormhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 motorstormhater
Member since 2007 • 789 Posts

[QUOTE="motorstormhater"]

jJaAmMeEsS2184

well yeah it was video ezy but i bet bb would have the same policy
jJaAmMeEsS2184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jJaAmMeEsS2184

[QUOTE="jJaAmMeEsS2184"]

[QUOTE="motorstormhater"]

motorstormhater

well yeah it was video ezy but i bet bb would have the same policy

actually they do not..read earlier posts..thanks..