No Edawrd Norton in the Avengers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

http://splashpage.mtv.com

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

NightStalkerBX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NightStalkerBX
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

Wow, that's idiotic. He was even willing to reprise the role and they shut him out? I hate when they recast roles and I thought Norton did a good job as Banner.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
WTF... I am filled with disappoint atm. It seems like they did not want to pay him and are pissed off (so they make up some crap about him not being a 'team' player) They sound like the Cavs owner...a scorned lover
KidCudi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KidCudi37
Member since 2010 • 3535 Posts

I wanted him to be in it.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

First the wrong choice for cap and now this mess. Edward Norton was one of the few things keeping me exited for this.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

God him not being a team player and not fitting in the group would work in their favor, seeing as that is the Hulk. An outcast

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

I really liked Edward Norton as Bruce Banner. Heck, he was the only person that made me excited about this film.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It was monetary. They are covering their tracks. They already have Robert Downy Jr., and he's probably not cheap.

xromad01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xromad01
Member since 2010 • 522 Posts

edward norton is arguably the best actor from any marvel movie.replacing him is a bad move.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

The real reason: Edward Norton would of made everybody else look bad...

Actually it's probably because the Hulk film is the only Marvel film that wasn't a critical success.

theycallmeRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 theycallmeRP
Member since 2009 • 1656 Posts

The real reason: Edward Norton would of made everybody else look bad...

Actually it's probably because the Hulk film is the only Marvel film that wasn't a critical success.

jrhawk42

And he complained about not getting enough screen time if my memory serves me. I'm sure that didn't help. I read that he was so adamant about it that he stopped promoting his own movie. Shame, he's a great actor.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

This is stupid

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

Being that Norton's performance was very easily the best thing about that movie, this is disappointing. He may not be a "team player" but since when has Banner/the Hulk been a team player? That said, I was excited to see how he and Downey, Jr. would contrast to each other. And now that Norton's out of the movie, I have virtually no interest in it.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

It was monetary. They are covering their tracks. They already have Robert Downy Jr., and he's probably not cheap.

Wasdie

From what I heard, Norton was also pretty soured about what happened during the making of Incredible Hulk.

I don't know exactly what pissed him off so much. But if he was soured about working on that movie, then it's not really surprising that he wouldn't particularly want to be in The Avengers.

Wet_Sand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Wet_Sand
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts
I wanted to see more of Downey/Norton. :(
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
I loved Norton as Bruce... I am furious right now! :(
Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

Edward Norton is just gold, the only thing that killed the movie The Incredible Hulk apart from the so so CGI, was that horrible actor whats his face, from Lie to Me OH YEAH Tim Roth, hes just a loser.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
Ugh. Egotistical Hollywood types. I'm talking about both Norton and the producers. Get over yourselves long enough to put together a kick ass movie, that's all we're really asking. Is that too much too ask for?
Avatar image for deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe
deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe
Member since 2004 • 4706 Posts

Meh, interest level for Avengers just plummeted.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#20 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Lord have mercy Father help us all...
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Ugh. Egotistical Hollywood types. I'm talking about both Norton and the producers. Get over yourselves long enough to put together a kick ass movie, that's all we're really asking. Is that too much too ask for? hamstergeddon

Norton probably doesn't want to be in the movie. If he was even seriously considering it, it was probably mostly if not entirely about doing it solely for the money.And having said that, why should Norton work in a movie that he doesn't want to be in, for less money than he finds acceptable, just so that fans get to see him playing Dr Banner in the same movie with Downey-as-Iron Man?

Entitlement issues?

He should "get over himself?" REALLY? It's a job, and he opted not to take it. Since when did the man OWE it to us to reprise his role as the Incredible Hulk? If you turn down a job at Arby's because you don't want to work there and they aren't willing to pay you enough to change your mind, how does that reflect badly on either you or Arby's?

TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheShadowLord07

atleast theres a possible chance for nathan fillon to be in it and play as the ant man. everyone loves nathan fillon,right? RIGHT????

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Edward Norton is one of the biggest A-list actors and they shut him down.. That's pretty sad. If they dont bring Norton back, bring Eric Bana back.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

MrGeezer

From what I heard, Norton was also pretty soured about what happened during the making of Incredible Hulk.

I don't know exactly what pissed him off so much. But if he was soured about working on that movie, then it's not really surprising that he wouldn't particularly want to be in The Avengers.

The studio cut a bunch of footage from the final version. Most of which, helped flesh out the characters and story. I believe that Norton also helped write a lot of the material that was cut.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Meh, interest level for Avengers just plummeted.

xerxes5678

That's what I was going to say.

djvj_y2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 djvj_y2k
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts

I wanted him to be in it.

KidCudi37

:(same here! mmm... i had a quick slight thought also how about bring back eric bana? just joking, ofcorse it would be an insult to ed norton... but damn, it could've been better and cool if norton was part of it so that it will truly be the original casts from their individual movies. wait, isn't spider-man part of the avengers??? replace spidey for hulk and bring back tobey maguire:P

Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

▲ Good job Joss, making another blockbuster flop I see? Here I was hoping that Edward Norton would return. ▲

stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

I'm dissapointed, Norton did great on American History X, why they cut him :cry:

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

This SUCKS he's a terrific actor and was great as the Bruce Banner. He was also really excited about being in The Avengers movie.

Ever since I heard about the upcoming Avengers movie I thought about how awesome it was going to be to see Robert Downey Jr. and Edward Norton together in the same film....and as if Chris Evans being chosen for the role of Captain America wasn't bad enough...

I really hope this decision turns around somehow, like I did when I heard that Don Cheadle was replacing Terrance Howard as Rhodey in Iron Man 2. I didn't get my wish then, so maybe I can use it on this.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
What a load of crap. I am sick of how they fail to stick with actors for these superhero roles.
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheShadowLord07

Edward Norton is one of the biggest A-list actors and they shut him down.. That's pretty sad. If they dont bring Norton back, bring Eric Bana back. Elian2530

I rather see Sharto Copley played as burce. but thats just me. other then droping the f-bomb(writers decision most likely) I thought he was awesome in district 9

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Edward Norton is a great actor and needs to be Bruce Banner/The Hulk in The Avengers.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Being that Norton's performance was very easily the best thing about that movie, this is disappointing. He may not be a "team player" but since when has Banner/the Hulk been a team player? That said, I was excited to see how he and Downey, Jr. would contrast to each other. And now that Norton's out of the movie, I have virtually no interest in it.Dark_Knight6
My interest is dependent on how the other movies turn out at this point.