New declassified report: Putin 'ordered' effort to influence U.S. presidential election.

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

You can read the report here: https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

Which should give anyone pause about Trump being president. If the Russians want him.....something's up.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Which should give anyone pause about Trump being president. If the Russians want him.....something's up.

I heard that they were even celebrating when he won the election on November 8th.

I also found this from that pdf.

Public Disclosures of Russian-Collected Data. We assess with high confidence that the GRU used the Guccifer 2.0 persona, DCLeaks.com, and WikiLeaks to release US victim data obtained in cyber operations publicly and in exclusives to media outlets.

We assess with high confidence that the GRU relayed material it acquired from the DNC and senior Democratic officials to WikiLeaks. Moscow most likely chose WikiLeaks because of its selfproclaimed reputation for authenticity. Disclosures through WikiLeaks did not contain any evident forgeries.

In early September, Putin said publicly it was important the DNC data was exposed to WikiLeaks, calling the search for the source of the leaks a distraction and denying Russian “state-level” involvement.

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By luckylucious
Member since 2015 • 1198 Posts

All I needed. Everything released about HRC, the DNC and Obama's crew were facts. Russia releasing information on the corrupt political system and establishment of the US Govt doesn't seem to change that much for me considering we influence other countries elections in the same way (81 countries influenced from 1946-2000 in fact, 59% of that influence being successful in determining results).

If anything I view Russia as a hero for doing everything it could to stop a corrupt POS like HRC (without the use of manipulation of voting data systems) from taking over the world.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-us-intervention-foreign-elections-20161213-story.html

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59286 Posts

Rocky 4 was right.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic

@super600: And avoided releasing the Republican communications they had.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

Just saw it on cnn lol. Puppet president

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Putin Puppet confirmed.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

Had the democrats not acted the way they did, the hacking would not have been a problem in the first place.

--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts

"We Access" what amusing words....again!

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By super600  Moderator

@Maroxad said:

Had the democrats not acted the way they did, the hacking would not have been a problem in the first place.

Whoever participated in the hacking would have found another reason to target hilary clinton or whoever probably ended up as the democratic nominee if hilary was not the nominee even the DNC did not play favorites.Russia despises the current administration in the US.

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By luckylucious
Member since 2015 • 1198 Posts
@super600 said:

Whoever participated in the hacking would have found another reason to target hilary clinton or whoever probably ended up as the democratic nominee if hilary was not the nominee even the DNC did not play favorites.Russia despises the current administration in the US.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this. Hilary is a sociopath. Russia, much like many other countries despise the current administration because it is corrupt and filthy. (And Russia is more corrupt than us, it says a lot).

They've exposed what was already there. Doesn't that concern you at all? This hack would've done nothing had she behaved.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

The evil dictator Putin feared Hillary and fears Obama, they cant wait for Puppet Trump to follow commands.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

It's been clear since day 1 that Putin and Russia have been pulling for Trump. Will be largely irrelevant to Trump and his supporters though. Interesting to see a guy become president in several days while ignoring the findings of the US intelligence apparatus on inauguration.

Cabinet full of conspiracy theorists, white nationalists, oil tycoons, bank executives, racists judges. Lets go full throttle crazy.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

And the entire media was trying to influence and fix the election for Hillary.

Media lost, and now they're being sour grapes because corruption was exposed. PDF still lacks facts; same crap said last month.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By super600  Moderator

@luckylucious said:
@super600 said:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this. Hilary is a sociopath. Russia, much like many other countries despise the current administration because it is corrupt and filthy. (And Russia is more corrupt than us, it says a lot).

They've exposed what was already there. Doesn't that concern you at all? This hack would've done nothing had she behaved.

Nah. Russia hates the current administration because they decided to be a lot harsher to them when they started to do stuff in other countries like Ukraine. It has nothing to do with how corrupt and filthy the current administration is because the current administration is pretty clean compared to past US administrations. Russia hates the sanctions they still have to deal with and they want to get rid of them.Russia also is trying to build themselves to be some global superpower to under Putin and the western world does not help her them with that goal. Russia thought hilary clinton would be a continuation of the US's increasingly harsh stance on Russia and they wanted nothing to do with her. The US was a bit more open with Russia when Dimitri was the president of Russia.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#20 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

So are we still going with the - there's no proooooof and fake news - claim, or are we moving on to another talking point in defense of our Russian plant president elect. Have Trump ask his boss Putin what we should do and get back to me so I can update my talking points book. Thanks!

Well, technically there is still no proof. As has already been said, this is just repeating what has already been said in pdf form. If you trust the government intelligence bodies, then you are confident that Russia was involved. If you don't, you aren't.

Although for me, in the end it doesn't matter. They aren't saying it's false, they are just saying Russia is the one who reveal them, and at... worst? yeah, I guess it is worst, the RNC is just as bad but Russia didn't reveal that. Meh, don't care. I wouldn't cry any tears if the USA revealed Putin to be a corrupt SOB, so I'm not really worried about the reverse.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By super600  Moderator

@DerekLoffin said:
@joebones5000 said:

So are we still going with the - there's no proooooof and fake news - claim, or are we moving on to another talking point in defense of our Russian plant president elect. Have Trump ask his boss Putin what we should do and get back to me so I can update my talking points book. Thanks!

Well, technically there is still no proof. As has already been said, this is just repeating what has already been said in pdf form. If you trust the government intelligence bodies, then you are confident that Russia was involved. If you don't, you aren't.

Although for me, in the end it doesn't matter. They aren't saying it's false, they are just saying Russia is the one who reveal them, and at... worst? yeah, I guess it is worst, the RNC is just as bad but Russia didn't reveal that. Meh, don't care. I wouldn't cry any tears if the USA revealed Putin to be a corrupt SOB, so I'm not really worried about the reverse.

From what I heard they can't reveal a lot of stuff that will definitely prove Russia played a role in the US election last year because Russia will be able to figure out how the US intelligence was able to gather the info that implicates them in interfering in the US election campaign. A lot of the evidence US intelligence will never release is highly sensitive.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@joebones5000 said:

Notice how there's never any proof for those who are emotionally invested and don't care about the truth? Political ideology becomes a religion to these people, one that they must defend from evidence at all costs. We are seeing this hear with the Republicans who are denying this and claiming no evidence, still. They're given names, methods, and motive, but still deny it because they don't care about what's true, they only care about their "team". These people aren't even worth engaging.

There is no proof, because simply, there is no proof.

We've gone through this before with the bush administration saying Saddam had WMD's, Assad using Sarin Gas, and operation mockingbird giving the public propaganda through the MSM. DNC leak has shown that the media cannot be trusted.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14822 Posts

Oh no!

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jakejack
Member since 2003 • 181 Posts

@LJS9502_basic:

Have you been living under a rock? Hussein Obama and Shillary Clinton have been attempting to start WW3 with Russia for a while now. I am sure the irony of the fact this all started with the USA influencing foreign elections in Ukraine via a US plant is lost on you. The left cannot grasp hyporcicy.

HOW DARE THE RUSSIANS INFLUENCE THE ELECTION BY EXPOSING HOW THE DNC IMMORALLY INFLUENCED THE ELECTION! I WANT TO BE AN UNINFORMED VOTER! HOW DARE THEY RELEASE EMAILS SO WE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON! ITS ONLY OK FOR THE USA TO MEDDLE IN OTHER COUNTRY'S AFFAIRS!

Admit it, you are pissed your "foot ball team" (D) lost.

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jakejack

@joebones5000 said:

Notice how there's never any proof for those who are emotionally invested and don't care about the truth? Political ideology becomes a religion to these people, one that they must defend from evidence at all costs. We are seeing this hear with the Republicans who are denying this and claiming no evidence, still. They're given names, methods, and motive, but still deny it because they don't care about what's true, they only care about their "team". These people aren't even worth engaging.

You couldn't make it two sentences without making yourself look like a hypocrite.

You are seriously attempting to state only Republicans are fanatic about their political ideology. Question, do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jakejack

@HoolaHoopMan said:

It's been clear since day 1 that Putin and Russia have been pulling for Trump. Will be largely irrelevant to Trump and his supporters though. Interesting to see a guy become president in several days while ignoring the findings of the US intelligence apparatus on inauguration.

Cabinet full of conspiracy theorists, white nationalists, oil tycoons, bank executives, racists judges. Lets go full throttle crazy.

Do you lefties have a daily quota you must fill regarding how many times you say the word "racist?" Everything is racist. Gamespot is racist. Keyboards are racist. The sun is racist.

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jakejack

@joebones5000 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@joebones5000 said:

We've gone through this before with the bush administration saying Saddam had WMD's, Assad using Sarin Gas, and operation mockingbird giving the public propaganda through the MSM. DNC leak has shown that the media cannot be trusted.

Thank you for confirming my point. You could have a signed confession from Putin and you would still argue that the signature is not his... LOL. ahuh.

The fact the US intelligence led us into a war on false pretenses proves your point? Point on what? I like how you act all smug, patting yourself on your back, like you just owned him in this debate.

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jakejack

@joebones5000 said:
@Jakejack said:
@joebones5000 said:

You couldn't make it two sentences without making yourself look like a hypocrite.

You are seriously attempting to state only Republicans are fanatic about their political ideology. Question, do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

Ah, the "You do it too" response. LOL.

We're talking about one issue here, an important one, so I won't let your red herring distract. In fact, your reply reminds me of something...

Loading Video...

How is pointing out your hypocrisy a bad response? Oh, because the super liberal Anderson Cooper said it was. Do you even know what a hypocrite is?

Regardless of how you rate my response, care to explain why you don't practice what you preach? Why complain about something if you are part of the problem? Do you not understand how intrinsically stupid that is?

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jakejack

@joebones5000 said:
@Jakejack said:
@joebones5000 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@joebones5000 said:

Thank you for confirming my point. You could have a signed confession from Putin and you would still argue that the signature is not his... LOL. ahuh.

The fact the US intelligence led us into a war on false pretenses proves your point? Point on what? I like how you act all smug, patting yourself on your back, like you just owned him in this debate.

Nice false equivalency. You're using the actions of intelligence agencies from a different administration like 14 years ago to justify the actions of intelligence agencies under a different administration. Please. Everyone knows that the Bush admin doctored as much of that nonsense as possible.

Your rationale is weak and easily dismissed.

You are very narcissistic. I can tell how you claim victory on every debate you get into with literally everyone on here.

Your logic is false and let me explain it to you. Old intelligence agency = false information does not mean new intelligence agency = 100% accurate information guaranteed.

I am guessing you are not old enough to work and would not understand that even though new faces are in an agency, old CULTURES are hard to break.

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jakejack

@eliminatorpaige said:

Like the USA did to others? What goes around comes around.

Lefties are not intelligent to understand that the reason Russia hates democrats so much is because Obama influenced Ukraine elections with a US plant. Instead, they are mad Russia influenced the election by exposing how the DNC attempted to influence the election immorally.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic

@Jakejack said:

@LJS9502_basic:

Have you been living under a rock? Hussein Obama and Shillary Clinton have been attempting to start WW3 with Russia for a while now. I am sure the irony of the fact this all started with the USA influencing foreign elections in Ukraine via a US plant is lost on you. The left cannot grasp hyporcicy.

HOW DARE THE RUSSIANS INFLUENCE THE ELECTION BY EXPOSING HOW THE DNC IMMORALLY INFLUENCED THE ELECTION! I WANT TO BE AN UNINFORMED VOTER! HOW DARE THEY RELEASE EMAILS SO WE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON! ITS ONLY OK FOR THE USA TO MEDDLE IN OTHER COUNTRY'S AFFAIRS!

You lose all credibility when you resort to insults. Yes the US is tough on Russia. Russia doesn't like that. They want a puppet in the White House they can manipulate and fools think that's okay. Seriously some people really need to get their head out their asses.

My football team is in the playoffs. Deal with it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@DerekLoffin said:
@joebones5000 said:

Oh for fucks sake. The intelligence community found it. That IS proof. They aren't going to tell you how because they don't want Russia to know. Of course you keep your fingers in your ears all day because apparently you can't handle the truth. smh

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jakejack

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jakejack said:

@LJS9502_basic:

You lose all credibility when you resort to insults. Yes the US is tough on Russia. Russia doesn't like that. They want a puppet in the White House they can manipulate and fools think that's okay. Seriously some people really need to get their head out their asses.

What exactly is your point? No shit Russians do not like Democrats. Look what Obama did in Ukraine! Why WOULD Russians like Democrats?

I think your point is this:

- It is ok for USA to influence foreign elections if done by a democrat. However, other counties cannot do the same thing.

- I won't get pissed if the DNC attempted to immorally influence the elections. I will only get mad if another country who does not support US (D) does so.

- I do not want to be an informed voter.

Head out of ass you say? Youtube videos of USA government officials bragging how we have been influencing Russian elections for decades.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

@Jakejack said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

What exactly is your point? No shit Russians do not like Democrats. Look what Obama did in Ukraine! Why WOULD Russians like Democrats?

- It is ok for USA to influence foreign elections if done by a democrat. However, other counties cannot do the same thing.

- I won't get pissed if the DNC attempted to immorally influence the elections. I will only get mad if another country who does not support US (D) does so.

Head out of ass you say? Youtube videos of USA government officials bragging how we have been influencing Russian elections for decades.

I can see that you aren't an informed voter. Don't worry. No one will mistake your for one.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@Jakejack: it's as if the information they found on those emails wasn't bad. I wonder why people just don't like talking about that. The pied piper strategy that blew in their faces, the corruption and bias during the primaries etc...

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jakejack

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jakejack said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I can see that you aren't an informed voter. Don't worry. No one will mistake your for one.

Your posts lack substance to the point I don't know how to respond. Ok man, I guess I am an uninformed voter...... (even though I agree with you the Russians most likely did influence the elections, showing I agree with you but disagree with how you apply biased outrage only when it suites your political ideology)?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic

@Jakejack: Disliking what Russia did has nothing to do with my political ideology. Only an ass assumes.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

2 wrongs dont make a right. It is bad when the US does it. If not outright catastrophic at times. But it is also bad when other countries does it to the US.

Just because the democrat's attempts to deflect all blame on Russia is childish. Doesnt make the justification on Russia's supposed hacking any less fallacious.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

They have no proof. Giving proof doesn't give away hack methods. You people are talking out of your ass. This came out right after Assange called them out and made them look like morons.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

While I am not happy with a foreign country inserting themselves in the election process (assuming that it is true), that doesn't change the fact that the voters picked their candidates out of their own free will. Hackers did not physically change any votes according to the report.

Clinton supporters complain about hackers releasing dirt on her and the DNC that is true because it may have possibly convinced some voters to vote for Trump instead of Clinton, but the same people have no problem with the media releasing the Billy Bush recording that may have convinced voters to vote for Clinton instead of Trump.

Both were released by third parties and both were fair game even if they had the potential to change people's minds. In the case of the hacks, if it is proven that Russia did do it, then the government shouldn't allow it even if it did help Trump.

If anything else, it is making Trump look illegitimate in the eyes of his enemies that swear he would have lost if it wasn't for the leaks.

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jakejack

@eliminatorpaige said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jakejack said:

@LJS9502_basic:

You didn't respond to what he said.

I am glad you caught that. The synapses in his brain must have relayed the fact that my point makes him look foolish to his consciousness. So, he keeps repeating his tired old mantra that anyone who likes a politician he doesn't like is a fool, completely avoiding what I said.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic

@eliminatorpaige said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jakejack said:

@LJS9502_basic:

You didn't respond to what he said.

Yes I did. I told him WHY Russia wanted Trump. Though in all honesty all he did was attack me.