Never shopping at GameStop again!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

denny33142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#1 denny33142
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts

Yesterday i went to GameStop and bought Kinect, i went home and set it all up and found out that the space requirement is more than i thought, my room is wide enough but not long enough so that kinect can see me correctly.

So i packed up everything neatly in the box and went back to GameStop the next day with the receipt to return it, the employee refused to return itand said that they do not accept returns for opened items, the return policy says: "Opened new accessories may be returned for a refuned within 7 day", isn't kinect considered an accessory for the xbox 360? since it is not requred for the xbox 360 to function and it is only an addon it should be considered an accessory? the only thingtheemployee says is "You should have researched before you bought it" really? how am i suppose to know my room is too small without actually buying it and trying it out? the guy was rude and wasn't even looking at me, he was just on the computer and looked like he was not even paying attention.

Their return policy is the wost i have ever seen! i work at an electronic store and we accept returns for opened items as long as they show proof of purchase and all of the contents are in the original box, sometimes we charge a 15% restocking fee if it is opened and not defective but at least we return it! I have checked the return policy of Best Buy, CompUSA, TigerDirect, Target, Walmart, Sears and Kmart, they all accept opened return items for the first 15 days, GameStop is the only one that doesn't accept returns at all.

If i would have gone to any other store i would have been able to get my money back, now i am stuck with a $150 item that i can't use because i made the mistake of buying it at GameStop.

opened new accessories may be returned for a refund within 7 days

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts
Did you ask to speak to a manager?
Jamalamanabad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jamalamanabad
Member since 2011 • 172 Posts
Did you ask to speak to a manager?LJS9502_basic
Ususually complaining and complaining leads to extra free stuff if the manager is nice guy
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Definitely go to the manager.
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
Go to the manager and or visit another Gamespot in your area. If not, eBay. Problem solved.
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Sell it on ebay for a couple dollars less then you bought it, and offer a crazy shipping fee that covers the rest of the price you spent on it.

Heck, you might make a couple extra bucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

Sell it on ebay for a couple dollars less then you bought it, and offer a crazy shipping fee that covers the rest of the price you spent on it.

Netherscourge

Yeah, that doesn't work.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic  Online

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

racer8dan

Yeah, that doesn't work.

No kidding. Who would pay more for Kinect when the walk in a store and get it new for less than he's proposing.

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

I stopped going there once the guy there told me what I should like. I could care less if a game got game of the year, I thought it was crap. Don't tell me what I should like. Been going to Best Buy ever since, and they have a new Gamers Club, every $150 you spend on anything gaming you get $10 on anything, plus the trade-in values they have for games are much better.

denny33142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 denny33142

He was the only person in the store, for all i know he might be the manager.

I looked on ebay and it looks like these things don't sell for more than $100 when they are opened, there are even some Buy It Now for $115 and they are unopened. between the ebay fees and paypal fees it looks like i am going to loose at least $50, but i guess i have no choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Go back and ask to talk to the manager. Tell him you aren't leaving until he calls one, or you're going to call the cops.

And start standing up for yourself, man.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic  Online
Dude....see the manager before time runs out. Otherwise...it's only your fault.
r4v1rsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 r4v1rsm
Member since 2010 • 185 Posts

Yep, like everyone has stated above, go to the manager, or ask for him. It's in your rights.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

I wouldn't have left the store til I got my refund if it was me.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Was this guy the manager? Because clearly he didn't understand the return policy. I'm surprised you came here to complain... managers exist for a reason (to field complaints).
knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 knightseason
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

Ask for the manager and don't leave until they see you and if s/he says the same thing ask for the head office number/address and for their names.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

the space requirement thing of kinect is something which i do recall about kinect which was discussed before it was announced, it was never really widely publicized though, but truthfully if i were you i would go over the guys head, because obviously the guy didnt really care about you or what your problem was

Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

Also, print off a copy of their policy to show them.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#19 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Then contact corporate and complain to them. Or you could go back to the store and demand he fix the situation or you'll tell him you'll go to corporate. Even the most jerkish of managers cower under their bosses.
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Sue them.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

And that's why you don't buy Kinect ;)

IceAxe18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IceAxe18
Member since 2003 • 622 Posts

I checked the Return Policy for you, and it looks like you can't return your item, but you can exchange it for the same item though, and besides that it looks like they have the right to refuse returns anyways. From what I understand from the Return Policy.

ANNIHILISM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ANNIHILISM
Member since 2010 • 266 Posts
Reminds me of the time I went to Gamestop with my son and a shelf fell on him and the guy didn't even try and help.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 linkin_guy109

I checked the Return Policy for you, and it looks like you can't return your item, but you can exchange it for the same item though, and besides that it looks like they have the right to refuse returns anyways. From what I understand from the Return Policy.

IceAxe18

point 4 on the return policy: Used (pre-owned) merchandise and opened new accessories may be returned for a refund within 7 days of purchase or exchanged for the identical item within 30 days of purchase.

and as for the reserved right to refuse a refund, 99% of retailers will usually give a legitimate reason for why they do not want to give a customer a refund, saying "i didnt like the way the customer looked" is usually a really quick way to get yourself fired

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Reminds me of the time I went to Gamestop with my son and a shelf fell on him and the guy didn't even try and help.ANNIHILISM

What? :lol:

A shelf just randomly fell?

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Reminds me of the time I went to Gamestop with my son and a shelf fell on him and the guy didn't even try and help.ANNIHILISM

... and not a single **** was given that day :lol:

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UltimoIce
Member since 2009 • 3074 Posts

I buy everything game related off Amazon. It's usually cheaper. Often times I can get new releases day offor 35-45 bucks.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 UltimoIce

But did you take a picture for the internet?

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

Like everyone else has said. You need to see the manager before time runs out.

ANNIHILISM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ANNIHILISM
Member since 2010 • 266 Posts

[QUOTE="ANNIHILISM"]Reminds me of the time I went to Gamestop with my son and a shelf fell on him and the guy didn't even try and help.UltimoIce

I made a thread about here when it happened.
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

[QUOTE="ANNIHILISM"]Reminds me of the time I went to Gamestop with my son and a shelf fell on him and the guy didn't even try and help.ANNIHILISM

I made a thread about here when it happened.

BUT WERE THERE PICTURES??? This is important, try to remember.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Ask to speak to a manager. It's listed on Gamestop's website as an accessory, so you should be able to return it.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Ask to speak to the manager, I don't see why you'd stop going to a store because of one bad event. GameStop is a great store, I don't get why people hate it. :?

MrMe1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrMe1000
Member since 2007 • 2215 Posts

maybe murder is the answer and after comes the looting

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#35 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
If visiting the manager does not work, write a letter of complaint, and at the end of it, tell them "I'd hate to report you to the Better Business Bureau"
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
If you can get in touch with the manager at that store try and get in contact with the regional manager instead. Tip on the house--do not purchase anything from GameStop. Use Amazon--they have an awesome return policy as well as shipping you a new item well before you even ship the damaged one back to them.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Yesterday i went to GameStop and bought Kinect, i went home and set it all up and found out that the space requirement is more than i thought, my room is wide enough but not long enough so that kinect can see me correctly.

So i packed up everything neatly in the box and went back to GameStop the next day with the receipt to return it, the employee refused to return itand said that they do not accept returns for opened items, the return policy says: "Opened new accessories may be returned for a refuned within 7 day", isn't kinect considered an accessory for the xbox 360? since it is not requred for the xbox 360 to function and it is only an addon it should be considered an accessory? the only thingtheemployee says is "You should have researched before you bought it" really? how am i suppose to know my room is too small without actually buying it and trying it out? the guy was rude and wasn't even looking at me, he was just on the computer and looked like he was not even paying attention.

Their return policy is the wost i have ever seen! i work at an electronic store and we accept returns for opened items as long as they show proof of purchase and all of the contents are in the original box, sometimes we charge a 15% restocking fee if it is opened and not defective but at least we return it! I have checked the return policy of Best Buy, CompUSA, TigerDirect, Target, Walmart, Sears and Kmart, they all accept opened return items for the first 15 days, GameStop is the only one that doesn't accept returns at all.

If i would have gone to any other store i would have been able to get my money back, now i am stuck with a $150 item that i can't use because i made the mistake of buying it at GameStop.

opened new accessories may be returned for a refund within 7 days

denny33142

Well, if the policy is that you can return it, but the employee just refuses to do the return, then that's on them. Talk to the manager. And if the manager was the one who refused to let you return it, then call corporate headquarters.

It's not like they don't have a return policy, it just sounds like someone is violating their return policy. And in that case, take this issue to their superiors.

Easports48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Easports48
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
That really does suck. I think Wal-mart has the best return policy in the store business.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Just buy a bigger room. :3
denny33142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 denny33142

I just called their Corporate Office and explained everything to the represantative on the phone and told him that it should have been returned because it has been less than 7 days and it is listed on their website as an accessory and their return policy clearly states that they will refund new opened accessories within 7 days, he was able to locate my transaction with my name (he even gave me the exact address of the gamestop) and told me the District Managerwould call me within 2 days, i asked him that what about if the 7 days pass and he says it doesn't matter because the complaint was filed before the 7 days.

So we will see what happends.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 linkin_guy109

I just called their Corporate Office and explained everything to the represantative on the phone and told him that it should have been returned because it has been less than 7 days and it is listed on their website as an accessory and their return policy clearly states that they will refund new opened accessories within 7 days, he was able to locate my transaction with my name (he even gave me the exact address of the gamestop) and told me the District Managerwould call me within 2 days, i asked him that what about if the 7 days pass and he says it doesn't matter because the complaint was filed before the 7 days.

denny33142
sounds like your in the clear now man, and the store you went to might be in some crappola because they wouldnt take your kinect
knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 knightseason
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

denny33142

I can tell you what will happen, someone is going to get fired :P

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#43 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

[QUOTE="denny33142"]

knightseason

I can tell you what will happen, someone is going to get fired :P

Yeah, for some reason, GameStop hires some really horrible people. :x
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

As noted, always talk with a manager if something isn't resolved to your satisfaction. IF the manager fails to solve the problem, contact corporate. Good to see you call corporate even though you should have talked to the manager first. At least with the complaint on file, you no longer have to worry about the 7 day policy. Good for you.

This reminds me of yesterday when I went to Best Buy. I found that they put a printer I bought the week before on sale. I was none to happy that it happened as I could have ordered it from Amazon for this weeks sale price if I wanted to wait a few days. I went to customer service even without the receipt and got a refund for the difference (had my rewards card with me).

Many times companies will give you free stuff for writing them. Mechanix Wear sent me a free pair of gloves when I wrote to them about a change that wasn't working out so well. There are many companies that want to retain you as a customer and will do what it takes to keep you,m even if it costs them a few bills as they know they will make up the difference when you buy more of their products.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Yea, I've made it a passion of mine never and I mean never to approach withing 50 yards of the gates of hell (sometimes called gamestop).
lasseeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lasseeb
Member since 2010 • 1186 Posts

Go back a day later and ask another employe.

Some people working there are just ignorant and think that they're god.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
I stopped going to Gamestop a while ago for many reasons. Mainly their lack of PC games as well as their employees not know anything about video games half of the time.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

your own fault. should have measured your room before you bought it :|

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

Just buy a bigger room. :3KiIIyou

Yes. This is the solution to all your problems.

Omega_Zero69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Omega_Zero69
Member since 2006 • 13668 Posts
You should have went to another gamestop or talked to the manager.