Muslim Woman poses for Playboy, Receives Death Threats

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for YellowOneKinobi
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 YellowOneKinobi
Member since 2011 • 4128 Posts

From the Article:

But Islamic internet sites are being monitored by the BND - the German intelligence agency - after threats were posted about her "shaming Muslim womanhood" and "prostituting herself for money".

One poster on the Jihad Watch website wrote: "She needs to be very careful..." Another simply said: "She must pay."

A kebab shop owner, asked on German TV what he would do if Sila were his daughter, replied: "I would kill her. I really mean that. That doesn't fit with my culture."

Link

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

Good for her.

Zyrokin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zyrokin
Member since 2010 • 1756 Posts

Why on Earth would you want to kill her. I mean look at her! Drool... I'm offended, highly offended by these ridiculous threats!

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
only muslim (extreme....not so extreme or whatever).. guys would see a gorgeous half naked female and the first thing they would think is that the need to kill her....
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
If she knew anything about her religion, she would have known this would be a terrible idea
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 YellowOneKinobi
If she knew anything about her religion, she would have known this would be a terrible ideachaoscougar1
I thought it's the religion of peace?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

It's not like they have ownership over her. She can do what she pleases. If they don't like what she does, then they don't have to like her or accept her. Just let her go her own way. But why feel the need to kill her?

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]If she knew anything about her religion, she would have known this would be a terrible ideaYellowOneKinobi

Islam means submission, not peace. I don't know who thought it meant that. It's a peaceful religion yes, the Quran tells men and women to dress modestly. This is more inline with middle eastern culture (Turkey is part of the middle east too).

I sincerely doubt she's a muslim, no muslim woman would ever do such a thing.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]If she knew anything about her religion, she would have known this would be a terrible ideaYellowOneKinobi

Yeah the true muslims don't send death threats.
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 m25105

It's not like they have ownership over her. She can do what she pleases. If they don't like what she does, then they don't have to like her or accept her. Just let her go her own way. But why feel the need to kill her?

sonicare

Because she brings shame over her culture and nation (No that doesn't mean I condone it, I'm just explaining the reasons why). And if she calls herself a muslim that makes it even worse.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
why kill her, when you can clean her as a cat would.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Omni-Slash

Because she brings shame over her culture and nation (No that doesn't mean I condone it, I'm just explaining the reasons why). And if she calls herself a muslim that makes it even worse.

m25105
but there's no shame in killing her?...that makes sense....
Zyrokin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zyrokin

If she knew anything about her religion, she would have known this would be a terrible ideachaoscougar1

So she has to not do this because there are some freak idiots out there? Pffft.... Stupid extremists apparently already have won....

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#14 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

A kebab shop owner, asked on German TV what he would do if Sila were his daughter, replied: "I would kill her. I really mean that. That doesn't fit with my culture."

YellowOneKinobi
What a fool.
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 YellowOneKinobi

[QUOTE="YellowOneKinobi"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]If she knew anything about her religion, she would have known this would be a terrible ideam25105

Islam means submission, not peace. I don't know who thought it meant that. It's a peaceful religion yes, the Quran tells men and women to dress modestly. This is more inline with middle eastern culture (Turkey is part of the middle east too).

I sincerely doubt she's a muslim, no muslim woman would ever do such a thing.

The only person that knows her faith and what she believes is herself. Anything else is nothing more than speculation.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
The things I'd do to that woman...and kill would certainly not be one of them.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

m25105

Why not just cast her out then?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Sexay.

only muslim (extreme....not so extreme or whatever).. guys would see a gorgeous half naked female and the first thing they would think is that the need to kill her....Omni-Slash

Actually, there are plenty of Christians throughout history that felt the same way. Hell, the Amish are just as conservative in the type of clothing htey allow women to wear, I don't see anyone criticizing them the same way people are criticizing the burka.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]If she knew anything about her religion, she would have known this would be a terrible ideaZyrokin

So she has to not do this because there are some freak idiots out there? Pffft.... Stupid extremists apparently already have won....

She can do whatever she pleases, just realise that if you pose nude for Playboy and then call yourself Muslim, expect a backlash. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that Muslims would not look to kindly on this
Zyrokin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zyrokin

The things I'd do to that woman...and kill would certainly not be one of them.SaintLeonidas

Perhaps give her a heart attack from a vigerous round of, ummmmm, battleship?

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 m25105

That woman is a fool, her parents have cut off contact with her apperently according to the article, I'm sure people consider her brave, but instead revealing herself naked, she could have taken another path. Like writing a book or something. She should have known the consquences.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="m25105"]

Omni-Slash

I think the death threats alone are bringing more harm to the cultures and nations reputation than the woman ever did. I think the people who send death threats should repent.
Maybe, send a sorry note.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Omni-Slash

Actually, there are plenty of Christians throughout history that felt the same way. Hell, the Amish are just as conservative in the type of clothing htey allow women to wear, I don't see anyone criticizing them the same way people are criticizing the burka.

theone86
when was the last time an Extremist Amish tried to take out a skyscraper with a horse and buggy?...
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

sonicare

Why not just cast her out then?

Seems her family has already done that. That's a blessing for her, conservative Turkish parents would have definately killed her.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 m25105

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="m25105"]

KungfuKitten

I think the death threats alone are bringing more harm to the cultures and nations reputation than the woman ever did. I think the people who send death threats should repent.

That will never happen.

Zyrokin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zyrokin

[QUOTE="Zyrokin"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]If she knew anything about her religion, she would have known this would be a terrible ideachaoscougar1

She can do whatever she pleases, just realise that if you pose nude for Playboy and then call yourself Muslim, expect a backlash. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that Muslims would not look to kindly on this

Thanks Sherlock. But thats exactly the problem. The mere fact that its now considered common sense is idiotic. If you don't find it repulsive, I just don't..... If they want to exile her or whatever, great, awesome, next subject. But any death threat over this is just another reason that the current world society is ridiculously idiotic.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Omni-Slash

when was the last time and Extremist Amish tried to take out a skyscraper with a horse and buggy?...

What, so that justifies using the actions of extremists to slander an entire religion? Okay fine, then because of the witch hunts all Christians are barbarians with no sense of justice, and Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps speak for all Christians. Religion of peace my ass, it's a religion of bigotry.

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

how hypocritical, I mean the rich sheiks in saudi arabia always gets away with more sinful things.

I find this topic awkward, btw does she have a killer body?

Avatar image for XiaolinPrincess
XiaolinPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XiaolinPrincess
Member since 2006 • 7907 Posts
I wonder why she did it if indecency is not allowed in her culture.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="Zyrokin"]

Zyrokin

Thanks Sherlock. But thats exactly the problem. The mere fact that its now considered common sense is idiotic. If you don't find it repulsive, I just don't..... If they want to exile her or whatever, great, awesome, next subject. But any death threat over this is just another reason that the current world society is ridiculously idiotic.

McDonalds crimes over the recent weeks/months have shown that society is more idiotic than this. There are morons all over the world, shame they have to affect the rest of us
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Omni-Slash

What, so that justifies using the actions of extremists to slander an entire religion? Okay fine, then because of the witch hunts all Christians are barbarians with no sense of justice, and Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps speak for all Christians. Religion of peace my ass, it's a religion of bigotry.

theone86
and you didn't already think this?....:lol:...Im no more defending Christianity for it's **** ups than I am Islam.....
killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 killzonexbox
Member since 2010 • 3019 Posts
she is certainly entitled to do what she pleases. She is a beautiful woman and if she chooses to display herself this way, more power to her. I do believe she will likely die now because of some radical. Sad in that regard.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"] but there's no shame in killing her?...that makes sense....m25105

That will never happen.

Because they are irrational. I know only one use for irrational people, which is the way regular people are being used.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts
those extremist muslim needs to leave the women alone
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 theone86

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="Zyrokin"]

Zyrokin

Sherlock, less than a century ago wife beating was legal in the west and the common view was that women belonged in the house doing womanly work. It's easy for you to just sit there and say, "common sense, hurr hurrr," but that common sense has evolved over centuries to what it is now. What we're seeing now is Muslim society coping with radical social change the way that Christian society also coped with radical social change, and it took us well over a century to fully adjust as well, so decrying Muslim society because their common sense is different than ours is what I find ridiculously idiotic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts
what the religious community should do is take her title as a muslim away from her :)
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] I think the death threats alone are bringing more harm to the cultures and nations reputation than the woman ever did. I think the people who send death threats should repent.

KungfuKitten

That will never happen.

Because they are irrational. I know only one use for irrational people, which is the way regular people are being used.

Family honour is very important for a lot of cultures, the fact that her parents seems to have to cut off all contact with her means she got off easy. But if she proclaims herself to be a muslim, then she doesn't only have to worry about what her family thinks, but what the islamic community thinks too. It's no secret that while sex is condoned and seen as pleasurable in Islam, it's still something that should only happen inside.

YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 YellowOneKinobi

[QUOTE="Zyrokin"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] She can do whatever she pleases, just realise that if you pose nude for Playboy and then call yourself Muslim, expect a backlash. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that Muslims would not look to kindly on thistheone86

Sherlock, less than a century ago wife beating was legal in the west and the common view was that women belonged in the house doing womanly work. It's easy for you to just sit there and say, "common sense, hurr hurrr," but that common sense has evolved over centuries to what it is now. What we're seeing now is Muslim society coping with radical social change the way that Christian society also coped with radical social change, and it took us well over a century to fully adjust as well, so decrying Muslim society because their common sense is different than ours is what I find ridiculously idiotic.

Why are they so far behind the curve, do you think? (I'm asking sincerely, not as a wise-guy).

Zyrokin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zyrokin

[QUOTE="Zyrokin"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] She can do whatever she pleases, just realise that if you pose nude for Playboy and then call yourself Muslim, expect a backlash. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that Muslims would not look to kindly on thischaoscougar1

McDonalds crimes over the recent weeks/months have shown that society is more idiotic than this. There are morons all over the world, shame they have to affect the rest of us

Yup, totally agree, and that is why I was witching about it.

Evolution sure has a sick sense of humor.

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

I do believe she will likely die now because of some radical.killzonexbox

impossible, nobody have the guts to kill one person whos thousands of miles away.

just look at some previous death threats by radicals, they didnt do anything since.

Zyrokin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zyrokin

[QUOTE="Zyrokin"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] She can do whatever she pleases, just realise that if you pose nude for Playboy and then call yourself Muslim, expect a backlash. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that Muslims would not look to kindly on thistheone86

Where did I decry Muslim society? I said extremists! E.x.t.r.e.m.i.s.t.s....... That goes for any "religion" or non religion. Sheesh.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Omni-Slash

and you didn't already think this?....:lol:...Im no more defending Christianity for it's **** ups than I am Islam.....

No I don't think that, Fred Phelps doesn't speak for the Christians who go to Church down the block for me (whom I find almost as idiotic) than this ignorant Muslim talking about killing this woman speaks for the rest of Islam. If you really think that all organized religion is just a bunch of idiots and bigots then why don't you come out and say it. My problem is less that you hold that opinion and more that your rhetoric empowers religious bigots who only want to establish Christianity as superior. Just come out and talk down about religion in general instead of Islam or Christianity seperately, I guarantee you have fewer simple-minded supporters praising you because your opinion supports their prejudice.

YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 YellowOneKinobi

[QUOTE="killzonexbox"] I do believe she will likely die now because of some radical.punkpunker

impossible, nobody have the guts to kill one person whos thousands of miles away.

just look at some previous death threats by radicals, they didnt do anything since.

Um, dude, they killed van Gogh

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Serraph105  Online
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

:lol: just :lol:

I know death threats aren't funny, but it's like they just realized there are slutty women in this world.

YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 YellowOneKinobi

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

No I don't think that, Fred Phelps doesn't speak for the Christians who go to Church down the block for me (whom I find almost as idiotic) than this ignorant Muslim talking about killing this woman speaks for the rest of Islam. If you really think that all organized religion is just a bunch of idiots and bigots then why don't you come out and say it. My problem is less that you hold that opinion and more that your rhetoric empowers religious bigots who only want to establish Christianity as superior. Just come out and talk down about religion in general instead of Islam or Christianity seperately, I guarantee you have fewer simple-minded supporters praising you because your opinion supports their prejudice.

What does Christianity or any religion other than Islam have to do with the article in question?

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 m25105

I know death threats aren't funny, but it's like they just realized there are slutty women in this world.

Serraph105

I don't think you understand how common honour killing is. The fact that she's the first Turkish woman to pose nude on a public magazine like Playboy is a pretty big deal.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="Zyrokin"]

Zyrokin

Where did I decry Muslim society? I said extremists! E.x.t.r.e.m.i.s.t.s....... That goes for any "religion" or non religion. Sheesh.

The person we're talking about isn't an extremist, he's a prejudiced individual whose prejudices are supported by religion. I agree with the poster you're arguing with, she should have expected that kind of reaction, that is just common sense given the views still held by some Muslims. The issue isn't whether or not she should expect it, the issue is that she's trying to change that expectation by doing what she did anyways.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"] and you didn't already think this?....:lol:...Im no more defending Christianity for it's **** ups than I am Islam.....YellowOneKinobi

What does Christianity or any religion other than Islam have to do with the article in question?

People are saying that Islam is a violent religion because of the prejudiced views held by some of its adherents, that can be said of any religion is you abstract the views of a select group to the entire religion.

YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 YellowOneKinobi

[QUOTE="Serraph105"]

m25105

I don't think you understand how common honour killing is. The fact that she's the first Turkish woman to pose nude on a public magazine like Playboy is a pretty big deal.

I get perplexed at times. I understand that honor killings are relatively common (we've even had a few cases here in the United States over the past few years). However, it becomes difficult at times to reconcile "honor killings are common" and "it's only a FEW bad apples in the Muslim community."