-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Does anyone notice a difference when breathing the outside air around 5am to 7am? I think the air smells a lot cleaner, almost pure and I find it really relaxing. One of the benefits of working graveyard is leaving work at 6 in the morning is breathing the clean air and going to sleep with my window open a crack so that the air comes in my room. Maybe it is because everyone is still sleeping and not too many cars are running ruining the morning scent? I don't know, I'm betting it's because there is less stuff polluting the air from 12am to 7am so the wind gets to blow all the bad crap away.

Does anyone else agree with the air smelling a lot better during the early hours or am I just weird? I live in San Francisco by the way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Definitely. I grew up in Lisbon (Portugal's capital city) and you could really tell the difference early in the morning. Still, when I moved to the Netherlands I couldn't even breathe properly...the air is so much cleaner here it took me a while to get used to all that oxygen XD

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

yes

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Yes. It's the dew/increased moisture in the air. It's also usually cooler.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

I love 4 to 6 am.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

Not only the air is clean, the world looks a lot more beautiful just before dawn.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Absolutely yes. I woke up around 6 today and the air smelt and felt amazing. Quite refreshing and invigorating.

I once read how oxygen in morning air is somehow special with good health benefits and whatnot. Can't remember exactly what it was about though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts
@alim298 said:

I love 4 to 6 am.

Absolutely, feel like you are the only person alive, it's awesome.

JyePhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 JyePhye
Member since 2004 • 6173 Posts

A difference indeed, although that difference may have more to do with temperature changes and the dew point during morning hours than with cars not driving around, albeit I concede that depending on where you live it may have something to do with pollution variations.

JyePhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 JyePhye
Member since 2004 • 6173 Posts

But yeah, 4 to 7 a.m. is one of my favorite times of day. Thinking about it makes me wish I didn't sleep in so much.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Awesome to see you all experiencing the same thing!

@GazaAli said:

Absolutely yes. I woke up around 6 today and the air smelt and felt amazing. Quite refreshing and invigorating.

I once read how oxygen in morning air is somehow special with good health benefits and whatnot. Can't remember exactly what it was about though.

Yeah! I find it extremely relaxing. I used to sit on the stairs of my old house at 5 in the morning when I would wake up for school and breathe the morning air. It helped me clear my head right before I went off to school.

@JyePhye said:

A difference indeed, although that difference may have more to do with temperature changes and the dew point during morning hours than with cars not driving around, albeit I concede that depending on where you live it may have something to do with pollution variations.

That's really neat. San Francisco is a pretty polluted area, that's why I thought it had something to do with the air being filthy.

@JyePhye said:

But yeah, 4 to 7 a.m. is one of my favorite times of day. Thinking about it makes me wish I didn't sleep in so much.

Haha, I know what you mean. I used to love waking up around 4:30 or 5 in the morning when I was going to high school and going out and enjoying the morning air. After high school, that didn't happen too much and I missed it.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Yeah it is. And I find that people are way more friendly in the early morning hours as opposed to midday or in the evenings.

KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts

Indeed. I love waking up in the morning to the krispy damp cool air.

CrimsonTriden7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CrimsonTriden7
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

The morning air does have a different scent to it.