This topic is locked from further discussion.

Smouse84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Smouse84
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Ok guys, this is my first post so sorry in advance if I sound stupid. Here's my dilemma. I am currently setting up my "dream" gaming setup. I have my xbox one, through the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Router (R7000), all CAT6 cables, pre-ordered the Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Seven: Premium Xbox One Surround Sound Gaming Headset, so now all I have left is to decide what to play it on. I'm currently playing on my 55" Sony Bravia LED TV that i have had for about 3 years now, I was looking at buying the BenQ RL2455HM as it is the monitor endorsed by MLG. I know there are a lot of these posts out there but I wanted to know in my specific situation what every would recommend, even if it is something different than what I have stated.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Well you were going good and then made a mistake with the Turtle Beach Headset, which is just a gimmick with medium to good sound. (not awesome sound like a real Audio Tecnica or Senheiser).

As for the TV/Monitor, really depends what is more comfortable for you and how far you are away from the console.

Smouse84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Smouse84

i am setting up a room, so i can really be however far away i need to be, i'm just wondering as far as clarity, and actually playing the best i can for online shooters. does the response time make a big difference? what's your opinion? and thanks for the headset info i will def be checking those out!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FelipeInside

@smouse84 said:

i am setting up a room, so i can really be however far away i need to be, i'm just wondering as far as clarity, and actually playing the best i can for online shooters. does the response time make a big difference? what's your opinion? and thanks for the headset info i will def be checking those out!

I'm a PC Gamer so I would always go for a smaller monitor instead of a big TV, but you're on console so console players tend to go more for bigger TVs.

I play on a 27inch Samsung Gaming Monitor at my desk where I'm half a metre away from it.

That BenQ is a good monitor but I would try to go for a 27 inch.

Smouse84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Smouse84

@FelipeInside i am looking at this monitor after having you suggest 27". any thoughts on the ASUS VS278Q-P?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside

@smouse84 said:

i am looking at this monitor having you suggesting 27". any thoughts on the ASUS VS278Q-P?

I would go with this:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1213&products_id=16025

But do what I do. I grab a few different models and then just read reviews of them. When I choose a new part for my PC I might spend weeks doing research before I buy, that way I'm always happy with my purchase.

Also, make sure to check what inputs the monitor has since you will be using an Xbox.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I like both