mexican drug cartels don't mess around

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d91d42c39df
deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-61d91d42c39df
Member since 2002 • 2741 Posts

h ttp://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-14/world/mexico.violence_1_zetas-cartel-social-media-users-nuevo-laredo?_s=PM:WORLD

Social media users who denounce drug cartel activities along the Mexican border received a brutal warning this week: Two mangled bodies hanging like cuts of meat from a pedestrian bridge.

A woman was hogtied and disemboweled, her intestines protruding from three deep cuts on her abdomen. Attackers left her topless, dangling by her feet and hands from a bridge in the border city of Nuevo Laredo. A bloodied man next to her was hanging by his hands, his right shoulder severed so deeply the bone was visible.

damn, i'm never going to mexico.

it's crazy how unpoliced the border is as well.

sorry can't direct link gamespot always gives me errors when I try and make a link

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Those people are worse than animals. I can't imagine how they live with themselves. I'm glad I'm a good 1,000 miles from the border.

Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
That is just sick!
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Loco.

What happened to that young woman sheriff?

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Seems a bit pointless, not sure how social media users are really a threat to them.
Piroshki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Piroshki
Member since 2011 • 242 Posts
Put the military on the border, treat them like terrorists, because terrorism is what stuff like that is. Show those pendejos what real brutality is, take 'em to Cuba for some special happy fun time.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Wow :|
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I am never going anywhere near Mexico.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-61d91d42c39df

ya well, no president has the cojones to put troops on the border.

might as well get used to more of this kind of stuff spilling over in the future

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Eventually the US is going to have to get fully involved and start taking out the cartels the mexican government is too scared to do anything about. When it spills into this country and starts hurting Americans, and it is, it's time for the US to do with Mexico can't.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GazaAli

Eventually the US is going to have to get fully involved and start taking out the cartels the mexican government is too scared to do anything about. When it spills into this country and starts hurting Americans, and it is, it's time for the US to do with Mexico can't.

Pirate700
its one of the few intervention I would be really enthusiastic about.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

end drug prohibition -> cartels lose funding -> problem solved!

colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 colibriosis
Member since 2010 • 598 Posts

Those people are worse than animals. I can't imagine how they live with themselves.

Jackc8
They don't obviously, didn't you read the TC post?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

GazaAli

And one I'm sure the Mexican people would love (even though they'd be afraid to say it). They live in complete and total fear over there. The US could sweep through and put a serious dent in their operations. The cartels are extremely visible and open and have their own controlled territories that the Mexican government is too scared to even get close to (even though it's Mexican land).

Piroshki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Piroshki

Pirate700
I support this. Let's have seal team six knock on the door of the head of this cartel and say "hi, welcome to the big leagues".
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

And one I'm sure the Mexican people would love (even though they'd be afraid to say it). They live in complete and total fear over there. The US could sweep through and put a serious dent in their operations. The cartels are extremely visible and open and have their own controlled territories that the Mexican government is too scared to even get close to (even though it's Mexican land).

I'd be extremely happy about it because I don't think this is happening anywhere else in the world today. They are genuinely and authentically evil and devilish.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Pirate700

mexico would never allow it no matter how bad it gets

it would be an invasion basically.

all that can be done is more or less try and contain in to their side.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

Finishing the concrete wall that has two walls with a road in between for border patrol vehicles -

- would dry up the cartels money supply very quickly. You can't pay thousands of murderers if you don't have a steady supply of cash.

Anyone who is against securing our border, is partially to blame for these horrific crimes.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#19 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Deano

Yeh, all that state sovereignty laws.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Deano

So be it then. When it's a bordering country and their problem spills into the US and terrorizing and kills Americans, if an "invasion" of Mexico is needed, I'd support it. The spillover is so bad here in the US that if a US reporter reports too much on cartel activity, their family's life will be threatened. The cartels will burn your freakin' house down with you and your family in it.

Piroshki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Piroshki
mexico would never allow it no matter how bad it gets. it would be an invasion basically. all that can be done is more or less try and contain in to their side.Deano
Depending on just how completely they have lost control of some of these areas, an invasion could be justified, or at the very least, precision bombing of cartel residences. I think the Mexican government could eventually be talked into a partnership that would basically be us lending them military support to obliterate the cartels from the earth and help them secure their own land. I'm sure they don't want these cartels to get powerful enough to destablize or even overthrow their government.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 surrealnumber5

Finishing the concrete wall that has two walls with a road in between for border patrol vehicles -

- would dry up the cartels money supply very quickly. You can't pay thousands of murderers if you don't have a steady supply of cash.

Anyone who is against securing our border, is partially to blame for these horrific crimes.

Born_Lucky

cartels use subs for large shipments, are we going to wall off the oceans too?

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#23 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

surrealnumber5
I'm glad someone thinks the same stuff I think.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Shouldnt America sort out the criminal organisations in their own country before going to Mexico?

Piroshki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Piroshki
cartels use subs for large shipments, are we going to wall off the oceans too?surrealnumber5
Not necessary if you just kill all the people who would usually fund such a trip.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]cartels use subs for large shipments, are we going to wall off the oceans too?Piroshki
Not necessary if you just kill all the people who would usually fund such a trip.

people who are willing to break the law for a chance to better their lot in life, looking at mexico now and even the US economy i think we might run our of bullets before they run out of people willing and eager for a chance at something better.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Born_Lucky"]

surrealnumber5

The Mexican cartels don't use the Subs. That's the Colombians.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Depending on just how completely they have lost control of some of these areas, an invasion could be justified, or at the very least, precision bombing of cartel residences. I think the Mexican government could eventually be talked into a partnership that would basically be us lending them military support to obliterate the cartels from the earth and help them secure their own land. I'm sure they don't want these cartels to get powerful enough to destablize or even overthrow their government.Piroshki

it wouldn't work.

people have had enough of failed invasions like iraq and afghanistan, mexico would be a political nightmare.

even erecting a border fence has been too controversial, any type of armed response is not going to happen ever.

mexico would not let american troops on it's soil let alone air strikes

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="Born_Lucky"]

Pirate700

The Mexican cartels don't use the Subs. That's the Colombians.

they get their demand from the same place and if cut off from one means of supply do you really think they would just give up and close shop? As long as they can sell a produt that costs a few bucks per pound to make for hundreds or thousands they will find a way.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Pirate700

agree it might even stop illegal immigration. Im still wonderning why the US doesnt do something about it. of course its going to cost tax payer money(I think) but it will so worth it in the long run

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

TheShadowLord07

agree it might even stop illegal immigration. Im still wonderning why the US doesnt do something about it. of course its going to cost tax payer money(I think) but it will so worth it in the long run

It would slow illegal immigration because Mexico would be a little better place to live.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Can't really say I'd be against the US taking the cartels out.

TrueDarksoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TrueDarksoul
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

surrealnumber5
That's like saying "make murder legal". They'd STILL control the drug traffic and production, who could possibly take the control of the legal drug market? a high schooler? a priest? NO the damn drug lords.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Didn't the Mexican Mafia kill a sheriff and his family last year in Arizona,I would just stay out of there way for real
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
You go around walls. You can dig beneath them (and they do). Any obstacle has a way around it. As far as military intervention...considering it's well beyond just breaking the law (distributing drugs) and is now basically terrorizing and murdering innocent civilians...I probably would be supportive of some kind of intervention. Either that or just stop this silly war on drugs that's costing our country so much. It's a pointless war against our own citizens.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

TrueDarksoul

That's like saying "make murder legal"..

a polar bear is not the moon, if you are going to make a comparison make one.

TrueDarksoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TrueDarksoul
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="TrueDarksoul"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

surrealnumber5

That's like saying "make murder legal"..

a polar bear is not the moon, if you are going to make a comparison make one.

Well that was pointless, way to go in reading only what you wanted. The first line was certainly moronic enough to get attention, but failed to get my point across.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts
Imagine if the police was that serious to get the drug problem fixed...
mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

Yea its pretty serious there right now. Very sad.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mexicangordo

Imagine if the police was that serious to get the drug problem fixed... horgen123
Please, if you have no idea whats going on then why make assumptions...

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mexicangordo

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

It would slow illegal immigration because Mexico would be a little better place to live.

*Head explodes* Maybe I should leave this thread alone and I'll let you guys talk about it amongst yourselves. :P

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Danny Trejo denies everything.

M4Ntan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 M4Ntan
Member since 2009 • 1438 Posts

another reason why I saw legalize drugs. It will shut these monsters down for good. Honestly, if meth was legalized right now, would you go, "hey I have always wanted to do meth but it was just to hard to find, I am going to go out and buy some now!"? Stop wasting lives and money on this drug war and just legalize them. I am in no way a crazy stoner, I have never touched a drug by choice.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
Tell me about it, I live in Mexico near the border. The situation is pretty disgusting here. I wish I could leave but I'm currently studying. Regarding drug legalization, its a hard matter. On one hand, it may stop the constant wars between the different cartels. However, cartel's also have more ways to make money at the moment. Besides selling drug, the also kidnap people, charge businesses for money in exchange of being "able to operate safely", steal cars and the resale them, so while it might not stop their funding, it will be a good start. Unfortunately, authorities here don't seem to be interested in doing any changes as some of them even benefit (receive money) from allowing certain cartel to operate within a region.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38686 Posts

[QUOTE="Born_Lucky"]

surrealnumber5

we could freeze the ocean. then the subs will be stuck
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

[QUOTE="horgen123"]Imagine if the police was that serious to get the drug problem fixed... mexicangordo

Please, if you have no idea whats going on then why make assumptions...

Am I making assumptions here? :? Well I do say imagine, and by drug problem, I meant the drug cartels. I could have said that instead.
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

I was using google translate on a couple mexican web sites a few days ago. It's just as bad as ever there. Juarez is really still bad.

ShadowDragon78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ShadowDragon78
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts
They gave us quite a scare last time I took a trip to Mexico. We went fishing at a nearby river in a town called Monclova, and out of nowhere these guys come up in an old rusty truck and just took my uncle..we couldn't do anything since they had quite an arsenal of weapons on them, and about 15mins later they came and dropped him off literally from the truck bed. My uncle said that they were the Zetas and they threatened him saying if he didn't give up everything of value he and the rest of the family would be killed. One major thing about going over there is, just don't show that you actually have money and that you are from the states which is pretty tough not to. We told the cops but they seem to be scared of them too.... It's going to be a while until I go over to Mex again...
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38686 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowDragon78"]They gave us quite a scare last time I took a trip to Mexico. We went fishing at a nearby river in a town called Monclova, and out of nowhere these guys come up in an old rusty truck and just took my uncle..we couldn't do anything since they had quite an arsenal of weapons on them, and about 15mins later they came and dropped him off literally from the truck bed. My uncle said that they were the Zetas and they threatened him saying if he didn't give up everything of value he and the rest of the family would be killed. One major thing about going over there is, just don't show that you actually have money and that you are from the states which is pretty tough not to. We told the cops but they seem to be scared of them too.... It's going to be a while until I go over to Mex again...

your uncle should have said "i'm vacationing in mexico, it's pretty clear i don't have any money" :P
lowdown478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lowdown478
Member since 2003 • 477 Posts

This is a pretty good site that shows you just how bad things are down there www.blogodelnarco.com