McCain says he knows how to capture bin Laden... (but he's not telling).

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

I laughed a little at this. Enjoy.

Reuters.

So the question that obviously needs to be asked is if he knows why is he withholding the information from his friend and commander-in-chief Bush? Why is he still jeapadizing US interests and putting innocent people and soldiers in the firing line by not divulging this information? At the very least the people should, or at least those in charge should know right now? And if he doesn't then why blatantly lie on a promise that he can't fulfill, he's gonna have a task playing this promise down.

"I've got a secret but I'll only tell if you elect me."

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
Clever devil! :x
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Wow. When I saw the title for the thread, I figured you were just taking something out of context....but that's pretty straightforward. Ridiculous.
-Sluggo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Sluggo-
Member since 2008 • 1345 Posts
What a mook. That guy sounds so full of ****.
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
ugh, what a gross guy that is.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
OMG! I guess I better vote for him now!
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

Reuters.

So the question that obviously needs to be asked is if he knows why is he withholding the information from his friend and commander-in-chief Bush? Why is he still jeapadizing US interests and putting innocent people and soldiers in the firing line by not divulging this information? At the very least the people should, or at least those in charge should know right now? And if he doesn't then why blatantly lie on a promise that he can't fulfill, he's gonna have a task playing this promise down.

Hoobinator

bin laden is already dead.... but there not telling us until they need too

vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
He's playing hard to get. :oops:
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Whoa.

What the hell was he thinking?

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Thats like saying he would only care about the US if he's president..

Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

Let me guess his solution is to bomb the middle east back to the stone age?

I'm going to laugh my butt off if this guy starts a war as well when/if he gets into office.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
wow, thats just great, if the idea is so god damn brilliant why dont you just tell us now.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

I'll tell you the secret right now:

[spoiler] nuke the middle-east to the the stone age! [/spoiler]

It's perfect.

x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts
I know to but i'm not telling....Nha nha nha nhaaaa!
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
Bin Laden is already dead.
shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
This is hillarious. The most funny part is that he is one of the two people who are running for the president's chair. The States have a population over 300 000 000 people and this is the best that Republican Party can offer.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
You'd think after hearing how much McCain loves this country and has served it he might drop a dime on on Bin Laden and get him taken out ASAP rather than waiting ...
Garforth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Garforth
Member since 2006 • 330 Posts
oh good almighty heavenly god if this gives people a reason to vote for mccain they don't deserve the right. That may be the worst move i've ever heard a political campaigner make.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

well he is the expert on getting captured. ;)

seriously though he's rediculous sometimes.

johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
i don't understand people's flaming of this...He didn't say he knew where Osama was, just that if he's president he'll have the know-how to find him. I think everyone here is reading a little too much into this. It's pretty much just rhetoric to stir up support form the right wing conservatives that are still in questioning. Obama is no different in the way he tries to inspire the liberals that are beginning to buy into him. There's nothing all that special in this report, other than spinning someone's words. Just another reason why, mainstream media isn't the place to get information if you're serious about politics
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xscrapzx

i don't understand people's flaming of this...He didn't say he knew where Osama was, just that if he's president he'll have the know-how to find him. I think everyone here is reading a little too much into this. It's pretty much just rhetoric to stir up support form the right wing conservatives that are still in questioning. Obama is no different in the way he tries to inspire the liberals that are beginning to buy into him. There's nothing all that special in this report, other than spinning someone's words. Just another reason why, mainstream media isn't the place to get information if you're serious about politicsjohnnyv2003

Just out of curiosty where would be a good resource for politics?

hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hokies1313
Member since 2005 • 13919 Posts

Reuters.

Hoobinator

Show me where it says he says "I've got a secret blah blah blah"

Seriously, THIS ENTIRE THING is out of context. It isn't like McCain has a super plan to combat Osama Bin Laden, he has a strategy. And he is saying that he is more qualified than Obama to hunt down Osama. He isn't keeping anything from the American public.He isn't withholding any information besides HIS OWN strategy, which may be a better executed strategy that found Saddam.

Seriously people, did you even READ the article?

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

Reuters.

hokies1313

Seriously, THIS ENTIRE THING is out of context. It isn't like McCain has a super plan to combat Osama Bin Laden, he has a strategy. And he is saying that he is more qualified than Obama to hunt down Osama. He isn't keeping anything from the American public.He isn't withholding any information besides HIS OWN strategy, which may be a better executed strategy that found Saddam.

The little secret bit was my own added punch to proceedings.:D

And it doesn't matter whether he's withholding a strategy, a location or even a piece of cloth from Osama's jacket, if he knows something now, as in right now, that the US administration does not or the military does not, then he is withholding information and seeking to gain from it by saying he'll reveal it if he's in office.

It's a promise that has no grounding, because if he is speaking the truth then his information should not be just for his own benefit and if he's lying, then it's one he's going to find hard to live down. That's what most people are angry on, no one believes he knows Osama's location, it's the fact he wants to profit from something that he shouldn't be profiting on.

johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 johnnyv2003

[QUOTE="johnnyv2003"]i don't understand people's flaming of this...He didn't say he knew where Osama was, just that if he's president he'll have the know-how to find him. I think everyone here is reading a little too much into this. It's pretty much just rhetoric to stir up support form the right wing conservatives that are still in questioning. Obama is no different in the way he tries to inspire the liberals that are beginning to buy into him. There's nothing all that special in this report, other than spinning someone's words. Just another reason why, mainstream media isn't the place to get information if you're serious about politicsxscrapzx

plenty of non-biased places, although it's not infotainment so most aren't interested.

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/a_three_sections_with_teasers/votes.htm

that's my favorite site to scroll through. Yea, it's boring to the eyes but if you want to see what's truly happening in government, particularly the senate, you can find most of it there.

Obama voting record -http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=9490

McCain voting record -http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=53270

this is the only kind of news i care about. what have you been voting for. It's within information sites such as these that you truly see what a candidate is all about. There's no talking your way out of what bills, reforms that you've backed and which one's you've voted against.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

Reuters.

hokies1313

President Clinton had opportunities to get Osama bin Laden. President Bush had opportunities to get Osama bin Laden. I know how to do it and I'll do it,"

there yeah go, McCains own words, he knows how to get him, as if he was president right now we could catch Bin Laden, his plan will work, but he will wait, I mean no one needs to know how to get him right now right? Lets keep this terrorists have his last few months of freedom, then McCain can step in and catch him.If he is so damn confident that his plan is so great and will be able to do what we havent for years, then why not tell us now so we can get Bin Laden?

Garforth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Garforth
Member since 2006 • 330 Posts

[It's a promise that has no grounding, because if he is speaking the truth then his information should not be just for his own benefit and if he's lying, then it's one he's going to find hard to live down. That's what most people are angry on, no one believes he knows Osama's location, it's the fact he wants to profit from something that he shouldn't be profiting on. Hoobinator

affirmative

hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hokies1313
[QUOTE="hokies1313"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

Reuters.

SaintLeonidas

President Clinton had opportunities to get Osama bin Laden. President Bush had opportunities to get Osama bin Laden. I know how to do it and I'll do it,"

there yeah go, McCains own words, he knows how to get him, as if he was president right now we could catch Bin Laden, his plan will work, but he will wait, I mean no one needs to know how to get him right now right? Lets keep this terrorists have his last few months of freedom, then McCain can step in and catch him.If he is so damn confident that his plan is so great and will be able to do what we havent for years, then why not tell us now so we can get Bin Laden?

Where in that sentence does he say, clearly and absolutely, that he knows EXACTLY how to get Osama or EXACTLY where he is. He is saying he has the experience in military matters to know what to do and how to get Osama.

My god people, are you really that blind?

Reuters.

Hoobinator

And it doesn't matter whether he's withholding a strategy, a location or even a piece of cloth from Osama's jacket, if he knows something now, as in right now, that the US administration does not or the military does not, then he is withholding information and seeking to gain from it by saying he'll reveal it if he's in office.

It's a promise that has no grounding, because if he is speaking the truth then his information should not be just for his own benefit and if he's lying, then it's one he's going to find hard to live down. That's what most people are angry on, no one believes he knows Osama's location, it's the fact he wants to profit from something that he shouldn't be profiting on.

He is saying he has the knowledge and knowhow to conduct a SUCCESSFUL War on Terror, not that he is withholding information in order to get elected.

Seriously are you that biased?

guyguyguy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#28 guyguyguy1234
Member since 2004 • 968 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

Reuters.

bsman00

bin laden is already dead.... but there not telling us until they need too

someone gets it!

Bin Laden has so many body problems and they said even with medical help he would die. It is possible that he lived. But what doctor would take in a world known terrorist?

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="hokies1313"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

Reuters.

hokies1313

Where in that sentence does he say, clearly and absolutely, that he knows EXACTLY how to get Osama or EXACTLY where he is. He is saying he has the experience in military matters to know what to do and how to get Osama.

My god people, are you really that blind?

Reuters.

Hoobinator

He is saying he has the knowledge and knowhow to conduct a SUCCESSFUL War on Terror, not that he is withholding information in order to get elected.

Seriously are you that biased?

lol, did you read the article? or what I wrote? He says not only does he havev a plan to catch him, but he will do it. The man is so confident in this plan that he think she can do what we havent for years, and he says he will catch Bin laden with this his plan, but I guess this plan is so great that he cant tell us until he is elected. Liek I said did you read it? He says clearly I know how to do it and I'll do it...again I know how to do it and I'll do it. So he knows how to get Bin Laden, he knows how to do it useing something CLinton or Bush didnt, and he says he WILL do it when it comes to getting Bin Laden. I mean are you going to defend McCain so far to even change his own words to defend him. Its right there, he has the plan, he says he can get Bin Laden...but he says he wont tell or do it until president,....now thats a great man.

hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hokies1313

I never changed his words. I just fail to see how that IMMEDIATELY translates to "I know a secret, vote for me to know it"

Nixon campaign on a ticket of knowing how to end the Vietnam war, he wasn't withholding anything from the American public. (about the war atleast :/)

So until you show me, exactly where it says he knows the exact position of Osama he isn't holding anything back.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SaintLeonidas

I never changed his words. I just fail to see how that IMMEDIATELY translates to "I know a secret, vote for me to know it"

Nixon campaign on a ticket of knowing how to end the Vietnam war, he wasn't withholding anything from the American public. (about the war atleast :/)

So until you show me, exactly where it says he knows the exact position of Osama he isn't holding anything back.

hokies1313

It doesn't matter if he knows the exact position, he must know something if he is so confident in his plan that he is willing to say "he will get Bin Laden." Something Bush and others have said, yet failed at doing. Apparently McCain has a great plan, awesome, good for him, he knows he can get Bin Laden, a confident man, i like that, he is going to wait to catch the terrorists until he is elected, great but Im not voting for him...wait wtf, he will only tell us his uber plan if elected....damn I better vote for him so I can be part of his awesome strategy....i wonder, if not elected, will he continue to keep this confident plan of his to himself?Hell hopefully he doesnt die before telling anyone...

hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hokies1313

He has the knowledge and expertise to get Osama Bin Laden, unlike Bush, and A LOT unlike Obama. He's nearly a military expert so I'm sure he knows a thing or two about trying to catch Osama.

No where does it say that he has an exact strategy, just that he has the knowledge and knowhow to capture Osama.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

[QUOTE="johnnyv2003"]i don't understand people's flaming of this...He didn't say he knew where Osama was, just that if he's president he'll have the know-how to find him. I think everyone here is reading a little too much into this. It's pretty much just rhetoric to stir up support form the right wing conservatives that are still in questioning. Obama is no different in the way he tries to inspire the liberals that are beginning to buy into him. There's nothing all that special in this report, other than spinning someone's words. Just another reason why, mainstream media isn't the place to get information if you're serious about politicsjohnnyv2003

plenty of non-biased places, although it's not infotainment so most aren't interested.

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/a_three_sections_with_teasers/votes.htm

that's my favorite site to scroll through. Yea, it's boring to the eyes but if you want to see what's truly happening in government, particularly the senate, you can find most of it there.

this is the only kind of news i care about. what have you been voting for. It's within information sites such as these that you truly see what a candidate is all about. There's no talking your way out of what bills, reforms that you've backed and which one's you've voted against.

Thanks!

johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 johnnyv2003
[QUOTE="johnnyv2003"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

[QUOTE="johnnyv2003"]i don't understand people's flaming of this...He didn't say he knew where Osama was, just that if he's president he'll have the know-how to find him. I think everyone here is reading a little too much into this. It's pretty much just rhetoric to stir up support form the right wing conservatives that are still in questioning. Obama is no different in the way he tries to inspire the liberals that are beginning to buy into him. There's nothing all that special in this report, other than spinning someone's words. Just another reason why, mainstream media isn't the place to get information if you're serious about politicsxscrapzx

Thanks!

no problem...always glad to show people where to find actual political news

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SaintLeonidas

He has the knowledge and expertise to get Osama Bin Laden, unlike Bush, and A LOT unlike Obama. He's nearly a military expert so I'm sure he knows a thing or two about trying to catch Osama.

No where does it say that he has an exact strategy, just that he has the knowledge and knowhow to capture Osama.

hokies1313

yes the knowledge and knowhow, so much so that he himself states he will get Bin Laden, something that appears he knew how to do, a plan better then Bush's or Clinton's, a plan he will only tell/do, if elected. Awesome guy. I mean I liked McCain back in the primaries, he was the guy I wanted for president if it ended up a republican, but now its like, does he even care about his campaign, I mean Palin? This? Mans got to learn to think.

hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hokies1313

Show me where it says he has a plan, and also show me where it says he isn't telling Bush.

You can't, stop making stuff up.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
He sounds like a kid on the school playground
hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hokies1313

He sounds like a kid on the school playgroundBig_Bad_Sad

Did you even read the article? He sounds like someone who is an expert in military/foreign policy matters.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 duxup

[QUOTE="Big_Bad_Sad"]He sounds like a kid on the school playgroundhokies1313

Did you even read the article? He sounds like someone who is an expert in military/foreign policy matters.

I didn't get any sense of expertise from those short comments. I could make the same claim and it wouldn't make me an expert.

hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hokies1313
[QUOTE="hokies1313"]

[QUOTE="Big_Bad_Sad"]He sounds like a kid on the school playgroundduxup

I didn't get any sense of expertise from those short comments. I could make the same claim and it wouldn't make me an expert.

Alright, you can't just take the words on their own. You have to factor in his experience. And those words also don't make him sound childish, because no one has yet to prove that he is withholding information from the government.

Xxgood-timesXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xxgood-timesXx
Member since 2008 • 726 Posts

I dont understand, all he keeps going on about is he has the experience to do that and obama does not.

This is getting rediculous, all mccain got's on obama is the experience issue in which he consistently keeps saying. Bringing on man down wont stop al quada, bin laden has many replacements. Rediculous.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SaintLeonidas

Show me where it says he has a plan, and also show me where it says he isn't telling Bush.

You can't, stop making stuff up.

hokies1313

hahah, wow you really are that bias towards him arent you...so now he is a "military expert" stateing in his own words he knows how to get Bin Laden, and he will...but he doesnt have a plan, so now he is lying, now he only thinks he will get him, he doesnt have a sure fire plan, yet he himself states he WILL get Bin Laden, learn to read his words, not what you think he is saying.

Like I said read his words, he said Bush didnt do it, but he will if elected, why would he be telling Bush if he said that. If he is, great, but that also means he just lied directly to the American people by saying he is going to do it and not that he is working with the government right now to do it.

Im not making stuff up, Im sorry to tell you, Im going off directly from what he said.

Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Decko5
Member since 2004 • 9428 Posts

he IS osama!

man your battle stations boys!

hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hokies1313

First off, what is this whole "not telling" anybody thing? What is he suppose to tell Bush? How to conduct the War on Terror?

Can you, or can you not, prove that McCain has not tried to help Bush in the War on Terror and the War in Iraq?

He says he knows how to do it, I believe him. He's had experience in military matters and is more equipped for the job of hunting down Osama than Obama is. Obama doesn't even know how to handle the clear cut Georgian Conflict, let alone an international hunt for a wanted terrorist.

McCain has never stated that he has a secret that he is keeping from everyone. However, how can he hunt down Osama if he isn't given a chance?

-PaCMaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -PaCMaN-
Member since 2006 • 506 Posts

McCain is so full of crap, it amazes me to see how many voters are falling for his act. The desperate act of bring in a woman for obvious reasons is an insult to intelligence. If you don't see what's going on here then i can see why the GOP thinks they can pull what ever they want.... the public is too dumb to notice. Again he is showing the public how out of touch he is, He's constantly putting his foot in is mouth. He is also a Bush guy and no one likes Bush. He offers Phalin the VP, but she managed to put a small populated place like Alaska in debt, how the hell do you put Alaska in debt? Now lets put the country in more debt is what they are telling me. Phalin's husband says he's an Alaskan and hates America... now all of a sudden he has a change of heart, lol. Her daughter's boyfriend is proud to be a "freakin redneck" ( wonder why they made him take down his MYspace page? ) Too much controversy surrounding her kids, her family.....probably wouldn't be if her preached policies work in her home first before trying them on a country. this is not the time for republicans.

McCain is too old and is still going through cancer treatments ( at his age). If he dies the country will truly be failing / phalin and it will be no body to blame but the ones who voted for the wrong reasons. Yes, I voted for Bush and the country and I have paid for it. I will not make that mistake again, I will not be a part of the embarrassment. I'm tired of hearing about all this experience but the experience I've seen or heard of isn't anything impressive. And Rudy Guili needs to sit down and shut up, He did nothing good for NY but put it in more debt and run to the 9/11 scenes for publicity. He wasn't the only one there...he did nothing and still tries to get credit and look like a hero....for what? I can't wait to November so i can stop seeing these Republicans embarrass themselves. I rather not vote at all then vote for Republican again.

--

hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hokies1313
I'd respond, but after seeing you claim Rudy did nothing for NYC, I realize you are beyond hope.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
So, he's covering him? Omg, waterboarding should do it.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 duxup
[QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="hokies1313"]

[QUOTE="Big_Bad_Sad"]He sounds like a kid on the school playgroundhokies1313

Alright, you can't just take the words on their own. You have to factor in his experience. And those words also don't make him sound childish, because no one has yet to prove that he is withholding information from the government.

Yeah I think the issue here is that it is more of a weird direct comment. Sounds like some misspoken rhetoric. The downside being the Republicans have waved the "omg terrorism" flag a bit too much and folks are a bit tired of it and it comes off as something more than just a mistake.

gameroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 gameroz
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
McCain suck we cannot have another republican in the White House oh else America will become under attack like 9/11
deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 deshields538
Member since 2005 • 8699 Posts
I would never vote based on their military experiance anyway sooo...