KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Jeremy Hambly (from YouTube channel TheQuartering) has been physically assaulted during his visit to GenCon 2018. Jeremy is admittedly a white male but I hope that it can still be considered of importance by the rising radical left.

https://youtu.be/3Yst30wdSzQ

The assault took place at the Tin Roof Bar, near GenCon, where allegedly someone known as Matt Loter (owner of Elm City Games), a vendor at GenCon and a feminist frequency supporter (Sarkeesian), ran into Jeremy and asked his name for confirmation, after which he starting punching him repeatedly on the back of his head.

Eye witness from last night confirming this man is the man who assaulted me. @prettiest_matt is his twitter profile. I need his name and I will call the police and have him arrested. pic.twitter.com/Qka43tfwT0

— TheQuartering (@TheQuartering) August 2, 2018

Surprisingly the bar has been unwilling to co-operate in filing the police report even though one of their windows got smashed in the attack. On top of that, GenCon has been unwilling to acknowledge what happened. This is curious since it's in their policy to deny access to GenCon without refund for doing something like this... (And according to Jeremy, as a cherry on top of the cake, the police officer who was going to file the initial report, just didn't. So he had to go back to make sure they did their job...)

Matt is ready to fight.
Matt is ready to fight.

Will the law and GenCon's own policy prevail over the power of the political cult? Or do you believe that this should be a new standard: Punching each other for having different opinions? Preferably, on the back. IMO it would be better if he was barred entry from GenCon and other conventions until he gets behavioral therapy, because who knows when else he is next going to lose control.

Matt Loter
Matt Loter
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

This thread.....

Pure popcorn

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KungfuKitten

Sorry I wanted to edit some gramatical errors and type errors but GS says 'whoops' when I submit it. I was a little angry while typing it. The Matt dude went way out of line.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I dont understand what you are asking.

you are afraid for your safety because of the violent tendency of the Left?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KungfuKitten

@tryit said:

I'm not mentioning the left. I'm the left. I'm talking about the radical left. And I'm not afraid. I'm curious if that's going to be the norm. Is Anita for instance going to condone violence if it's against other-minded people? Or GenCon? Are they going to pretend nothing happened?

Also I'm interested how Kotaku and Polygon are going to try and twist this. That has to be a difficult thing to do, which is probably why it's taking them so long. They have to blame gamers somehow. I guess they could perhaps twist this into a 'logical response to the GG movement's online harassment.' I mean of course it makes them very angry because they are so empathetic, so it stands to reason that sometimes one of their members can't control themselves and has to punch someone repeatedly.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Lol dude filming shit and playing the victim is pointless. People on the left have proven they will preach about equality and peace and assault you the second you disagree with them. It's best to learn to defend yourself. I'm sorry but if that pansie in the wife beater and shitty tats tried to assault me I'd just beat him senseless and move on.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TryIt

@KungfuKitten said:
@tryit said:

I'm not mentioning the left. I'm the left. I'm talking about the radical left. And I'm not afraid. I'm curious if that's going to be the norm. Is Anita for instance going to condone violence if it's against other-minded people? Or GenCon? Are they going to pretend nothing happened?

Also I'm interested how Kotaku and Polygon are going to try and twist this. That has to be a difficult thing to do, which is probably why it's taking them so long. They have to blame gamers somehow.

ah

1. is that going to be the norm? Most likely

2. Is Anita for instance going to condone violence? most likely not because its not related to her

3. Are they going to pretend nothing happened? like not if the story prooves to be true I have no doubt legal action will be taken.

speaking personally I couldnt care less what Polygon has to say about it. hell they barely even talk about games, just movies, culture. I would just ignore them completely bro

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

So some random dude punched another random dude at some con?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TryIt

@heathen75 said:

basically

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Left is new right

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KungfuKitten

@tryit said:
@KungfuKitten said:
@tryit said:

Also I'm interested how Kotaku and Polygon are going to try and twist this. That has to be a difficult thing to do, which is probably why it's taking them so long. They have to blame gamers somehow.

ah

2. Is Anita for instance going to condone violence? most likely not because its not related to her

3. Are they going to pretend nothing happened? like not if the story prooves to be true I have no doubt legal action will be taken.

speaking personally I couldnt care less what Polygon has to say about it. hell they barely even talk about games, just movies, culture. I would just ignore them completely bro

Well at least we can agree on Polygon, right? :D

It's only loosely related to Anita IMO but like the radical left kept reminding people: You can't pick and choose. You're either part of a movement or not. Grey does not exist to them. If someone does something bad who is in your movement that is just as much everyone else's fault in that movement. Or group even. That's how they judge people and I disagree with it, but if we're going to play by their own rules Anita could be very much involved... And I do believe he was part of the FF movement but I'm not 100% positive on that. And Anita is a big figure in the FF movement.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TryIt

@KungfuKitten said:
@tryit said:
@KungfuKitten said:
@tryit said:

ah

Well at least we can agree on Polygon, right? :D

It's only loosely related to Anita but like the radical left says: You can't pick and choose. You're either part of a movement or not. And I do believe he was part of the FF movement but I'm not 100% positive on that. And Anita is a big figure in the FF movement.

I am not aware of those sayings you are claiming the radical left is saying.

I am also not aware that the 'radical left' is a unified movement.

we agree that Polygon is not someone worth paying attention to but do not agree with the REASON and I actually do ignore them, you however it appears do not.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#13  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Would need to hear the other side of the story, to get the full context behind what happened.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KungfuKitten
@Jag85 said:

Would need to hear the other side of the story, to get the full context behind what happened.

I would be very interested in that. However one part of the event seems to be pretty much confirmed. There were eyewitnesses who confirmed that the assailant asked Jeremy's name and then immediately proceeded to hit him repeatedly. Matt also was tipped off about Jeremy's presence in the area. This was a couple days before Matt send the tweet that he would fight people:

https://twitter.com/CheshirePlays/status/1002248363742392321/photo/1

This, plus him confirming the identity of Jeremy before hitting him, would probably stand in court as premeditated class B Criminal Recklessness ( Indiana Code 35-42-2-2 ) but I'm not a lawyer.

I wonder what his reasoning was for this. If you look at the tweet it reads as if he looked for him to make an example of him. So that others wouldn't dare to speak up against FF. I cannot find anything about something bad that Jeremy could have said in person to trigger Matt, but who knows.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TryIt

@KungfuKitten said:
@Jag85 said:

I would be very interested in that. However one part of the event seems to be pretty much confirmed. There were eyewitnesses who confirmed that the assailant asked Jeremy's name and then immediately proceeded to hit him repeatedly. Matt also was tipped off about Jeremy's presence in the area. This was a couple days before Matt send the tweet that he would fight people:

https://twitter.com/CheshirePlays/status/1002248363742392321/photo/1

This, plus him confirming the identity of Jeremy before hitting him, would probably stand in court as premeditated class B Criminal Recklessness ( Indiana Code 35-42-2-2 ) but I'm not a lawyer.

I wonder what his reasoning was for this. If you look at the tweet it reads as if he looked for him to make an example of him. So that others wouldn't dare to speak up against FF. I cannot find anything about something bad that Jeremy could have said in person to trigger Matt, but who knows.

your speculating on the reasons.

and to be clear I am not suggesting he wasnt nor am I even suggesting its a bad thing if he did, I am just suggesting you are speculating

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KungfuKitten

@tryit: That's true. Hey that's at least 2 things we agree upon today.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KungfuKitten

GenCon is now banning everyone online who asks about the event or asks for Matt Loter to get banned from GenCon. I guess that's their solution when it's 'one of theirs'. They're going to try and silence this? It's all over their Twitter feed and Twitch streams so... I wonder how that's going to work for them...

I find that's kinda disgusting and again, if we are not going to talk about this, if the police are not going to make work of this, it sets a very dangerous precedent.

If there are no consequences there are likely going to be other victims. And not necessarily just the people you don't agree with.

(There is a rumor floating around that Matt punched other people too while they were trying to stop him but take that with a grain of salt.)

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KungfuKitten

Nerdist producer Ben McShane 'GenCon' https://twitter.com/teeveeben is out there advocating and encouraging violent responses to people with another opinion:

I’m just relieved someone punched the Nazi

— Ben McShane GenCon (@TeeVeeBen) August 3, 2018

We know fascists make “rational” arguments in bad faith. Civic engagement cannot defeat bad fair.

If fascists experience physical harm for publicly holding fascist views, they stop expressing those views in public. It works. That’s why this is so triggering for you.

Again, I don't think that's how discussions should work. I have since watched some of TheQuarterings video's and even though I don't like the way he words things he is definitely not coming across as some fascist or nazi. And by silencing people I believe we are creating a volatile situation in which a lot of folk are very at the way this gets twisted and are obstructed from talking about it.

I believe that ties in to a larger concern I have mentioned prior to all this, about echo chambers being bad for mental health and social media moderation getting out of control.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#19 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

Nerdist producer Ben McShane 'GenCon' https://twitter.com/teeveeben is out there advocating and encouraging violent responses to people with another opinion:

I’m just relieved someone punched the Nazi

We know fascists make “rational” arguments in bad faith. Civic engagement cannot defeat bad fair.

If fascists experience physical harm for publicly holding fascist views, they stop expressing those views in public. It works. That’s why this is so triggering for you.

Again, I don't think that's how discussions should work. I have since watched some of TheQuarterings video's and even though I don't like the way he words things he is definitely not coming across as some fascist or nazi. And by silencing people I believe we are creating a volatile situation in which a lot of folk are very at the way this gets twisted and are obstructed from talking about it.

I believe that ties in to a larger concern I have mentioned prior to all this, about echo chambers being bad for mental health and social media moderation getting out of control.

Can't say I agree with McShane. If anything, punching a "Nazi" is only going to gather more support for said "Nazi." I read that someone started a GoFundMe for legal fees so they could sue Matt in civil court and it garnered 8.600 dollars in 16 hours. So what really did Matt accomplish? It's certainly not going to stop Jeremy from making public appearances.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

The left are violent radical extremists. Do your best to stay away!

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@KungfuKitten: Yeah, this is a giant mess. If anything, the Bar will be in trouble for not complying with the Police, GenCon banning people for mentioning this will grant them a PR mess because they're not even following their own rules.

GenCon will die a slow painful death for the coming years, knowing that participants now know that they don't follow their own guidelines.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@tryit said:
@heathen75 said:

basically

HOLY SHIT you guys this is like the most important thing EVER TO HAPPEN! let's talk about it! I'm, ummm....outraged! Yeah!

Something something feminism something alt right blah blah...

bah, who am I kidding, this stuff doesn't matter. Honestly what concerns me most is that this matters to people.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Can someone explain to me how Jeremy Hambly is a Nazi or Fascist even by the most lose definition of the term?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KungfuKitten

@mrbojangles25 said:
@tryit said:
@heathen75 said:

basically

HOLY SHIT you guys this is like the most important thing EVER TO HAPPEN! let's talk about it! I'm, ummm....outraged! Yeah!

Something something feminism something alt right blah blah...

bah, who am I kidding, this stuff doesn't matter. Honestly what concerns me most is that this matters to people.

I mean there are lots of people in gaming who are making a fuss about online harassment and I believe this goes one step further. So I thought that people would care. It also reveals how corrupt GenCon has become. GenCon used to be a pretty big deal to (board)gamers.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@KungfuKitten: fair enough, sorry for being a smartass.

It's just...there are jerks everywhere. Most of the time when someone is assaulted, it's not for a good reason (usually the opposite).

I'm not a big fan of perpetuating stereotypes about anything, but especially about "gamer" culture, something I am part of :) I don't like it when people say that gaming is/gamers are toxic, when really it's just humanity that is toxic. Not all the time or even most of the time...but some of the time. People can just be bastards and it doesn't take much to trigger them at times.

It's like amateur psychoanalyzing. If I tell my friend I like women with blue eyes, and then he goes "Oh well that's because your sister has blue eyes and so does your mom, that's very Freudian, you must want to sleep with your female relatives. I think you might have an Oedipus complex blah blah blah" and it's like "No, dude, I just think blue eyes are pretty. My mom and sister might have influenced that but it doesn't mean I want to **** them". See? Not everything has a deeper meaning, not everything needs to have secondary things attached to it like Feminist Frequency, or Social Justice ummm Warfare or Left or Right and so on.

If we're not punching each other in the back of the head over a board game, we are punching each other in the back of the head because the other guy likes the Giants and you like the Dodgers, or because you looked at his girlfriend wrong, or...

There are some bad apples out there, and historically you never would have heard about them. But unfortunately, thanks to the internet (and our general proficiency with it, as "gamers" and nerd culture aficionados), you hear about these things in a disproportionate, unbalanced way. What should have been a low-profile case of assault solved within hours has now been turned into "a big deal".

Anyway, I hope the truth is found out about what happened and justice takes its course. I just don't want to hear about it.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KungfuKitten

@mrbojangles25: That's fair. You don't need to hear about it. No hard feelings. I rarely ever make threads and usually they are not about something that warrants a lot of discussion anyway. And it'll stay that way. I'm not planning to annoy people when I don't feel it's absolutely necessary. I just wrote this because I think it's a tipping point.

And I agree with you. I don't believe that gamers are particularly bad people, and yes it's clear that the media does continuously look for connections there. (Like what Polygon did a couple days ago.) And that is sad because they will lose their jobs because of this, eventually. (Below is not a reply to you but I combine it into one post.)

---

I'm happy that there are people on YT talking about it. Just like with previous happenings in the gaming industry it seems like YT is becoming the place for talks and discussions about these events and are slowly replacing forums and games media. These are not necessarily good video's just letting you know up front you don't have to click them but it shows that not everyone thinks that Jeremy is some kind of nazi. And I share their concerns and advise, but I have already named Matt.

https://youtu.be/EMo8sG9h8Bk

https://youtu.be/ccv6xTleizQ

And yes I agree with the lady that we should remain civil if we can. And not let Matt become some kind of martyr. There is no way to defend what he allegedly did. Let's watch him get jailed first, if that's still a possibility in modern US culture. And apparently it may take until next GenCon for Matt to get permabanned from the convention. So that sucks. But the positive note is that he hasn't shown his face at GenCon 2018, so effectively he is already gone and therefore unable to punch people at the event.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Wow, the 'radical' left has gotten somebody punched in the face!

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

Can someone nuke youtube please? Thanks

maryalex12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 maryalex12
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Wow, the fundamental absent has gotten an important person punch in the countenance!

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#30 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@zappat said:

Can someone nuke youtube please? Thanks

Give it a couple more years. They'll nuke themselves.

AMaskedMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AMaskedMan
Member since 2015 • 11 Posts

@KungfuKitten:

This is another incident in a string of incidents, not about cult-like lefties, but concerning the police. I used to be an ardent supporter of the police. They have a difficult job to do. Lately, almost exclusively due to big blue city cops, I have lost faith in the police. If Matt Loter is not arrested, it dramatically changes my world. Seriously, it shifts me far more towards a "civil war is inevitable" mindset. This is a cut and dry case, multiple witnesses, im sure there is video footage, and his hand is undoubtedly damaged.

If Matt Loter is not arrested, then blue cities are not a war zone. Pure and simple. SJWs can throw bricks, rocks, M80s, anything they want. They can assault, scream and harass with impunity. This is a test. A test of whether or not there is ANY SECTOR of blue city America that has not become ideologically driven and abandoned professionalism.

Earlier this week you have a mayor telling his police to ignore 911 calls. WTF!!!!! Time for a concealed carry permit. I live in rural America, none of these far left radicals come here. They hide in their protected zones (blue cities).