Marvel has better heroes, DC has better villains. Why can't that be established in brand VS debates?

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

...And I'm not even talking about the Avengers / Justice League founding members. I have a great love for both companies' plethora of blind-sighted characters. But Marvel has better fictional folk on the side of good.

Heh, a few years back I said this vice versa. This was only 'cause the Marvel Encyclopedia I had at the time lacked obscure members of the Defenders and such. I became a True Believer about a year or a few months ago, as I found out how Marvel isn't that pointless and dark for nothing...basically I turned from DC lol.

DC still has better villains. I'm going to see the Suicide Squad movie for myself sometime soon, and chances are I will join the It Sucks Train.But that doesn't even remotely mean the Squad in general is shit. They're more renown than the Thunderbolts.

Let's see...there's El Diablo, mystic ancient fiery powered badass with redeemable qualities....Psycho Horny Clown Lady Who Craves That Puddin'.....Killer Croc, who eats indiscriminately anything and one....Bolt, Killer Frost, Nightshade, Bronze Tiger, etc. Hardened AF criminals who are ordered to do some good. Marvel's lesser known gangs would be cool to see fighting or working with them.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@sanghelle56 said:

DC still has better villains. I'm going to see the Suicide Squad movie for myself sometime soon, and chances are I will join the It Sucks Train.But that doesn't even remotely mean the Squad in general is shit.

The animated version is 1000 times better. I think it's called Assault on Arkham though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts
@crimsonbrute said:
@sanghelle56 said:

DC still has better villains. I'm going to see the Suicide Squad movie for myself sometime soon, and chances are I will join the It Sucks Train.But that doesn't even remotely mean the Squad in general is shit.

The animated version is 1000 times better. I think it's called Assault on Arkham though.

Same with Batman Vs Superman, which is basically The Dark Knight Rises merged with The Death Of Superman.

Dark Knight Rises 1/2 miles better.

Edit - Rises? WTF, Returns

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

@crimsonbrute: What about Hell To Pay? Assault on Arkham is about Batman.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Batman is the best hero so Marvel doesn't have the best.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I think Marvel has both better heroes and better villains myself.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I like both. Some characters are better than others in both Marvel and DC, so I go by series

DC animated
MCU
Marvel animated
(some where far off in the distance) most of the DCU.

@sanghelle56 said:

@crimsonbrute: What about Hell To Pay? Assault on Arkham is about Batman.

It wasn't as good as other entries in DC animated but still a lot better than the live action suicide squad.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

DC's heroes would be more interesting if they were less overpowered, same for their villains.