Marijuana: legal or no?

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

All drugs should be legal

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#152 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

At this point, marijuana becoming legal in more states is a matter of time (as the saying goes).

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

@PiscesAnimeGirl said:

@trugs26: I dislike the bad effects it can have on the body. i have many smokers and drinkers in my family and most of them are either dead or sick due to that. And yes some of them were cannibis users. I can tolerate cigarettes and cigars but any other drug I just hate. You try having that stuff around you for most of your life and see how you'll feel about it.

Marijuana can either be vaporized which negates most of negative side-effects compared to smoking, or it can be eaten to avoid any negative respiratory side-effects. Marijuana has numerous positive health effects, and some very minor negative health effects if used in excess. Furthermore the substance is non-addictive. Certain types of alcohol, especially Wine also have positive health effects when used responsibly.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@DarkGamer007:

Not so sure I trust vaping marijuana since I believe it is extracted using butane. I think your best bet is a good ole fashioned batch of brownies.

And yes. Alcoholic beverages can be very good for you as long as you don't act like a frat boy, constantly getting white girl wasted. And beer is actually more healthy than wine. A lot of people don't know this though because of the popularity of Bud, Miller and PBR.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#155 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts

Legal

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@PiscesAnimeGirl said:

@coolbeans90: You do realize you don't have to read this topic right? You can just click the back button and go on about your business instead of flaming people who choose to live a different lifestyle than you. I didn't put a gun to your head and make you read this. You did it of your own free will. You VOLUNTARILY chose to click on this. Go away you stupid troll

You do realize, this is the internet and if you don't want people criticizing what you say, you shouldn't post it on the internet.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 AmazonTreeBoa

@PiscesAnimeGirl said:

@thegerg: Well that's your opinion. Besides we're ALL self-righteous and hypocritical. If you saw/knew someone who was drinking and driving, what would you do? That's no different than this topic

You can't really be this thick. There is a huge difference. Smoking weed doesn't affect anybody but the user. drinking and driving affects everybody on the road. GOd I really hope you are trolling and don't actually believe they crap you are spewing.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@PiscesAnimeGirl said:

@thegerg: Well that's your opinion. Besides we're ALL self-righteous and hypocritical. If you saw/knew someone who was drinking and driving, what would you do? That's no different than this topic

You can't really be this thick. There is a huge difference. Smoking weed doesn't affect anybody but the user. drinking and driving affects everybody on the road. GOd I really hope you are trolling and don't actually believe they crap you are spewing.

When I was a teen me & friends used to drive around and smoke. The guy that drove mostly was a moron when high and almost got into multiple wrecks. Weed does affect not all but some folks when driving.

If you don't need it for medical it's fucking stupid to smoke bud imo. It's expected with teens. They're idiots anyway though with the peer pressure bs.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@PiscesAnimeGirl said:

When I was a teen me & friends used to drive around and smoke. The guy that drove mostly was a moron when high and almost got into multiple wrecks. Weed does affect not all but some folks when driving.

If you don't need it for medical it's fucking stupid to smoke bud imo. It's expected with teens. They're idiots anyway though with the peer pressure bs.

He never said anything about smoking and driving. And for the record, I am against smoking weed and driving too. But smoking weed is irrelevant to smoking and driving. that is a different topic altogether. We are simply talking smoking weed. Smoking weed hurts nobody but the smoker (assuming the smoker doesn't do something stupid like drive). I would love to say drinking affects nobody but the drinker, but that would be a lie. A lot of drunks get violent. Some like to beat their wife/girlfriend. And surely you must think it is stupid to drink if not used for medical purposes then seeing that's how you feel about marijuana. Drinking harms your body a lot more than smoking weed.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@PiscesAnimeGirl said:

He never said anything about smoking and driving. And for the record, I am against smoking weed and driving too. But smoking weed is irrelevant to smoking and driving. that is a different topic altogether. We are simply talking smoking weed. Smoking weed hurts nobody but the smoker (assuming the smoker doesn't do something stupid like drive). I would love to say drinking affects nobody but the drinker, but that would be a lie. A lot of drunks get violent. Some like to beat their wife/girlfriend. And surely you must think it is stupid to drink if not used for medical purposes then seeing that's how you feel about marijuana. Drinking harms your body a lot more than smoking weed.

I got ya. It's just my opinion about weed. Whenever I smoked that good shit I felt retarted, but hey some like that I guess. I've also seen a good bit of people start with bud then move onto harder drugs. Drinking is fine if you're responsible about it obviously. What's a party without booz man? Drinking and being an alcoholic are completely different though as far as harming your body.

jcknapier711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162  Edited By jcknapier711
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

Legalization is just enabling a bunch of worthless junkies. Yes, the "war on drugs" isn't working well, but that's by design. The HSBC scandal highlights just how hypocritically corrupt our system is. But that does not change the fact that drugs ruin lives, tear apart families and destroy neighborhoods. None of those things has any bearing on the legal status of marijuana. Legalization would only further exacerbate those problems.

Further, all the arguments for legalization are lies. It will not reduce crime, it will not reduce usage, it will not be a financial well spring for the gov't, and it certainly will not bring about world peace. Remember, there were criminal gangs before drugs were made illegal. And quite frankly, prohibition was probably one of the best things that ever happened to this country. Alcoholism was out of control before the 1920s. This was a completely different era where women couldn't hold jobs or at least most jobs were unavailable to them. Anyway, there were men who would spend their entire paycheck on alcohol and let their families starve to death. Could you imagine going to your kitchen and not finding any food? You're literally starving to death and your Dads out there getting drunk and your Mother is helpless to do anything. Situations like that ended after prohibition. Prohibition greatly reduced the amount of alcohol consumption and addiction problems. The same good has come about with the criminalization of marijuana.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

@jcknapier711 said:

Legalization is just enabling a bunch of worthless junkies. Yes, the "war on drugs" isn't working well, but that's by design. The HSBC scandal highlights just how hypocritically corrupt our system is. But that does not change the fact that drugs ruin lives, tear apart families and destroy neighborhoods. None of those things has any bearing on the legal status of marijuana. Legalization would only further exacerbate those problems.

Further, all the arguments for legalization are lies. It will not reduce crime, it will not reduce usage, it will not be a financial well spring for the gov't, and it certainly will not bring about world peace. Remember, there were criminal gangs before drugs were made illegal. And quite frankly, prohibition was probably one of the best things that ever happened to this country. Alcoholism was out of control before the 1920s. This was a completely different era where women couldn't hold jobs or at least most jobs were unavailable to them. Anyway, there were men who would spend their entire paycheck on alcohol and let their families starve to death. Could you imagine going to your kitchen and not finding any food? You're literally starving to death and your Dads out there getting drunk and your Mother is helpless to do anything. Situations like that ended after prohibition. Prohibition greatly reduced the amount of alcohol consumption and addiction problems. The same good has come about with the criminalization of marijuana.

LOL HAHAHA!!!! That is all

jcknapier711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 jcknapier711

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@jcknapier711 said:

The funniest things in life are true.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 AmazonTreeBoa

@jcknapier711 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@jcknapier711 said:

The funniest things in life are true.

Sadly truth has nothing to do with this.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#166 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@jcknapier711 said:

do you ever post anything even close to factual?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#167  Edited By chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@jcknapier711 said:

*Raises a glass to organised crime*

jcknapier711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By jcknapier711

@chaoscougar1 said:

@jcknapier711 said:

*Raises a glass to organised crime*

Organized crime existed before drugs were made illegal.

@lostrib said:

do you ever post anything even close to factual?

Just because I poke big gaping holes in the propaganda myths the mainstream media presents does not mean that what I post isn't true. If something isn't true then take me to task or stfu.

While we're on the subject, armed Mexican citizens have won a victory in the war on drugs.

Perhaps this can teach the rest of the world how self-defense can be executed to safeguard communities and homes from violence and corruption, without the coercion of the State.

It seems this is a perfect example of Agorism at work, as we see history being written before us.

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/01/mexican-citizen-militia-movement-takes.html?m=1

The lesson to be taken from this, is that if the state wanted to end these drug gangs they could do so. States have successfully stopped the production of drugs when they went about it honestly. The current regime in the US is not enforcing the drug laws in earnest. A whole list of facts can be cited from the HSBC scandal to the fact that in NYC only black users are arrested for marijuana. The state is certainly not enforcing the laws honestly when they only arrest certain groups for violating that particular law. But that does not mean the law is bad, it means the people who are enforcing the law are bad.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Yes, it should be legal. Other drugs should also be legal.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@PiscesAnimeGirl said:

@thegerg: Never used aspirin cause I don't get headaches/migraines often. I only drink decaf coffee. As for soda, I drink it sometimes but I drink mostly water. Why do you care anyways? It seems like you may be a junkie trying to pull the wool over your eyes and make others seem like the bad guy right? I hate cigarettes and cigars but you don't see saying they should be outlawed now do you? Not everyone uses drugs. There are some major health freaks out there.

Can you walk on water aswell?....

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

No, It wouldn't be cool then.

Messin, I don't give a sh*t, I toke ganja no matter what.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#174 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Yes it should be legal. Just about everything I do I do better when I'm high. Stupid stereotype where people smoke weed and they are useless and can't open their eyes is what sets it back.

I wake up and smoke then go to school, study, work, play bass and guitar, workout, cook, clean, etc. Weed is my "get shit done medicine."

I hate how it's categorized with hard drugs when the only side effects are hungry happy and sleepy. Plenty of legal drugs have worse side effects and don't get me started with booze.

I love it when people who never even smoked have a strong opinion against it. That's no different than bashing a game you've never even played.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

I definitely think it should be legal. It's been shown time and again to be less harmful and less addictive than alcohol or tobacco.

I used to smoke almost daily for 12 or 13 years. All of the sudden I started getting anxiety attacks when I would smoke and stopped smoking without any problem. I used to smoke cigarettes and I could only wish they were as easy a habit to kick.

Frankly, the cost to society in maintaining its prohibition is much higher than the social cost in legalizing and regulating its recreational use.

Avatar image for PiscesAnimeGirl
PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#176 PiscesAnimeGirl
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts

@jcknapier711: Finally someone with sense.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I think it should be legalised here (UK). I've not had any for about 12 years now and have no desire to do so any more but I still think people should have the right to smoke/eat it if they wish. It's their body at the end of the day. It's already consumed on a massive scale in our country so the government may as well tax it and make some money. I think the majority of people who want to try it do so anyway regardless of legality.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Your ability to reason and debate are lacking, PicesAnimeGirl.

ExtremeBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 ExtremeBanana
Member since 2013 • 159 Posts

I think it should be legal. Cool kids don't do legal things. Make apple juice illegal and we should see some real change.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#181 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I smoke weed occasionally. Ooooo, I'm so destructive and in debt, my life is never going to get together if I continue to drink and smoke weed socially and moderately. /sarcasm.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I think it should be legal. So do the other folks where I live (here in Washington). The only people who seem to be really against it are uber conservative, sheltered, and ignorant.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By KHAndAnime
@Murderstyle75 said:

@DarkGamer007:

Not so sure I trust vaping marijuana since I believe it is extracted using butane. I think your best bet is a good ole fashioned batch of brownies.

And yes. Alcoholic beverages can be very good for you as long as you don't act like a frat boy, constantly getting white girl wasted. And beer is actually more healthy than wine. A lot of people don't know this though because of the popularity of Bud, Miller and PBR.

Butane? lol. no. Vaporization is typically done with a clean heat source (electricity). Absolutely zero harmful side-effects. It's pretty much better than smoking in every way.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#184 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

It absolutely should be legal. The fact that it's not is just a ridiculous hunk of bullshit corporate funded garbage. There's no real reason that holds up for why alcohol can be legal and marijuana can't.

Legalize it.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#185 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:
@Murderstyle75 said:

@DarkGamer007:

Butane? lol. no. Vaporization is typically done with a clean heat source (electricity). Absolutely zero harmful side-effects. It's pretty much better than smoking in every way.

Vaporizing is the way to go for the cleanest and best high. Also smooth as hell.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By KHAndAnime

I'm glad this place is 'lax now. A year or two ago and we'd all be banned for having these discussions and promoting drug use.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8966fb59f5
deactivated-60f8966fb59f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By deactivated-60f8966fb59f5
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts

@PiscesAnimeGirl said:

Do you guys think weed should be legal or not? I say no. I don't like drugs and alcohol and will never use them. Personally I don't see why people use drugs anyways. They should stay illegal. If you're gonna spend money, spend on something worthwhile like a hobby or something. I don't even believe in medical marijuana. That's just an excuse to use it to me. But weed is gonna become legal anyways. Ugh I can see the destruction now

Bro do you even smoke?

Something they don't teach you about drugs, OP. Something that is mind-altering does so permanently. You realise that you can change your experience of reality at will and you will want to do that more if it is a pleasant experience. Unless you have been there yourself there really is no way to explain that in terms you can understand.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

It's a few steps from being legal as it is. It's basically legal here in California -- you can light up in a park, and people don't say anything. Honestly, it's a big waste of time. I partake on occasion, but it's really just a way to kill an afternoon without getting anything done. And that's pretty much where the argument starts and ends for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 deactivated-60f8966fb59f5
@PiscesAnimeGirl said:

@jcknapier711: Finally someone with sense.

why did you have to bump a thread that's been dead for twelve days?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-60f8966fb59f5

@realjaysonguy said:

@Welkabonz: His user name is the name of a porn star, what would you expect?

Oh. Never heard of her.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 KHAndAnime

@realjaysonguy said:

It's a few steps from being legal as it is. It's basically legal here in California -- you can light up in a park, and people don't say anything. Honestly, it's a big waste of time. I partake on occasion, but it's really just a way to kill an afternoon without getting anything done. And that's pretty much where the argument starts and ends for me.

I can get plenty done on it :p

Pretty much work on it all the time - takes the edge off and puts me in a good mood.