LOST thread is closed. Please use the other one for all finale discussion.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

[QUOTE="rolo107"]So they tease Sayid's death in the premiere, and then kill him soon after? I doubt it, if he dies it's in the finale or not at all. They hinted at him having a lot of importance too, I'm sure all do but maybe him moreso. Regardless, he got shot in Season 5 Finale, it'd be redundant for him to die this season; if he lived that shot, which he did. sammyjenkis898

I think Jacob is in Sayid.

OBVIOUS SPOILERS! I also henceforth say that we don't need to use spoiler tags. Since anyone who doesn't watch the show shouldn't be reading a discussion on the show. If someone gets stuff spoiled, it's their fault for reading a discussion about the first two episodes without having seen the first two episodes.

That's plausible.

Is the smoke monster the other guy who was with Jacob back when the statue was whole? Can someone remember what was going on in that scene? I forget the details, but I vaguely remember Jacob and the other guy sitting on a beach at the foot of the statue, with the other dude saying something like, "you know I'm going to have to kill you" or something like that.

Anyway, that scene is certainly HUGELY important given the recent appearance of Jacob and events directly surrounding him.I just wish I could remember exactly what happened.

Anyway, as repeated many times, "dead is dead". And Sayid died. Either there's something VERY unique going on with Sayid, or it's something more obvious...that's not Sayid.

And if the smoke monster wanted to kill Jacob in order to escape, if the people at the temple were horrified at the news of Jacob's death and went into lockdown mode to prevent "him" from getting in, it seems likely that "him" is the smoke monster. AKA Flocke, who I think may be the dude who was with Jacob at the statue in that distant flashback. Smoke monster (Flocke) killed Jacob and his next stop is the temple because the temple holds the means necessary for Flocke to "go home".

Meanwhile Jacob (after having been killed) sent Sayid to the temple for a reason. Not so that Sayid would be saved, but so that Sayid would DIE. Jacob needs Sayid to die in order to take the place of Sayid, but it HAS to be done in the Temple. Sayid MUST die in the waters of the temple. That's actually something that I'm sort of leaning towards.

But I think that Sayid really IS dead. And IF he really is dead, then I think there's a good chance that revived Sayid is in fact Jacob.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 MrGeezer

So if smoky is in the business of taking on the form of people that arrive on the island in a coffin, is it safe to say that smoky was also Jack's dad?

Also, I'm confused to the "loophole". It seems that all that was needed was smoky to convince a mortal to stab Jacob. And Benhad a point, why didn't Jacob fight back?

DaBrainz

Jacob didn't fight back because he knew that he needed to die. Only a few hours after being killed, Hurley opened up a guitar case containing a message that Sayid must not die. I think that for whatever reason it was Jacob's PLAN to die all along.

And yes, I think it is plausible that Island Christian is also the smoke monster. Just as the smoke monster took on the form of Alex, the smoke monster can apparently take on the form of those who are dead. We know that the smoke monster became Alex, we know that the smoke monster became Locke, it is absolutely plausible that Christian on the island was just the smoke monster. Particularly when we factor in that it was Christian who told Locke how to leave the island. That wasn't Christian, it was the smoke monster. The smoke monster needed Locke to leave (and subsequently die) so that the smoke monster could take advantage of acting as Locke.

Anyway, I'm not saying that that's definitively true, but it is very very plausible.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 MrGeezer

Just a thought about Jacob in sayid's body. Keep in mind that locke's body wasn't actually possessed but it was a totally different physical entity that took the form of locke. Since it Sayid's original body that woke up, I think its actually just sayid.

DaBrainz

I considered that, and that's a big crack in my argument. We've never yet seen anyone get possessed, just multiple cases of Jacob and The Smoke Monster taking the form of those who have died.

But I still think that it's Jacob. As far as the "possession" goes, I suspect that it has something to do with the waters of the temple. And that Jacob specifically needed to inhabit an actual body, which is why it was so important for Sayid to be brought to the Temple.

Jacob or not, there is something extremely important about the waters of the temple. And Jacob or no, I'm pretty sure that the real Sayid is actually DEAD. Whoever that is, it's NOT Sayid. It's been repeated numerous times in the series that the island can heal, but that you don't come back from death. I'm not saying that it's IMPOSSIBLE that this is the real Sayid. I'm just saying that if so, that'll be the first time that's ever happened in the entire series. I don't think it's likely. More likely is that SOMETHING is inhabiting Sayid's body, and that Sayid is dead. And if that's the case, then the most likely choice for WHAT is inhabiting Sayid's body is Jacob. It was Jacob who got Hurley to bring the guitar case. It was Jacob who told Hurley to take Sayid to The Temple (and Jacob knew they'd be captured...Sayid never would have gotten to the temple of they weren't captured). It was Jacob who the Temple Dwellers were scared ****less of disobeying.

And keep in mind that if Jacob knew that taking Sayid to the wall would get the survivors captured, then he also knew that Sayid WOULD die if he was brought to The Temple. That's what Jacob wanted. And if that's all part of Jacob's plan, if Jacob is REALLY there taking the form of a "spirit" that only Hurley can see, then it's plausible that whatever is inhabiting Sayid's body is in fact Jacob.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]The next episode is Kate-centric. :(blackngold29
I always feel that way too. :lol:

I don't think we'll be disappointed with many episodes this season, no matter who they are about.

Yeah, considering that this is the last season, I'm hoping that there won't be any more episodes that are just excuses to fill time. There are a lot of questions remaining, probably too many to even answer. So they ought to be done with the filler episodes.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

More likely is that SOMETHING is inhabiting Sayid's body, and that Sayid is dead. And if that's the case, then the most likely choice for WHAT is inhabiting Sayid's body is Jacob. It was Jacob who got Hurley to bring the guitar case. It was Jacob who told Hurley to take Sayid to The Temple (and Jacob knew they'd be captured...Sayid never would have gotten to the temple of they weren't captured). It was Jacob who the Temple Dwellers were scared ****less of disobeying.

MrGeezer

It has actually already been confirmed by the creators that something is inhabiting Sayid's body.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 MrGeezer

Why would the smoke monster appear to Locke as Christian? why Christian?Mkavanaugh77

Not sure, but I'll bet it has something to do with how Oceanic Airlines lost Christian's body.

I'm sure that losing Jack's dad's body is NOT coincidental, and likely ties in to why Jack's dad was seen walking around so often on the island.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]More likely is that SOMETHING is inhabiting Sayid's body, and that Sayid is dead. And if that's the case, then the most likely choice for WHAT is inhabiting Sayid's body is Jacob. It was Jacob who got Hurley to bring the guitar case. It was Jacob who told Hurley to take Sayid to The Temple (and Jacob knew they'd be captured...Sayid never would have gotten to the temple of they weren't captured). It was Jacob who the Temple Dwellers were scared ****less of disobeying.

sammyjenkis898

It has actually already been confirmed by the creators that something is inhabiting Sayid's body.

Juliet :P
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]More likely is that SOMETHING is inhabiting Sayid's body, and that Sayid is dead. And if that's the case, then the most likely choice for WHAT is inhabiting Sayid's body is Jacob. It was Jacob who got Hurley to bring the guitar case. It was Jacob who told Hurley to take Sayid to The Temple (and Jacob knew they'd be captured...Sayid never would have gotten to the temple of they weren't captured). It was Jacob who the Temple Dwellers were scared ****less of disobeying.

Sayid would like that too much. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 194197844077667059316682358889
[QUOTE="Travo_basic"][QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

Sayid would like that too much. :P

Sawyer would probably be less thrilled ;)
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 MrGeezer

Is the smoke monster the other guy who was with Jacob back when the statue was whole? Can someone remember what was going on in that scene? I forget the details, but I vaguely remember Jacob and the other guy sitting on a beach at the foot of the statue, with the other dude saying something like, "you know I'm going to have to kill you" or something like that.

MrGeezer

Okay, just found that episode and watched it again. Jacob is in the statue weaving, when he leaves and sits on the beach to watch a 1500's era boat approach the island. Another man comes and sits down next to him.

Jacob: I take it you're here because of the ship.

Man in Black: I am.

MIB: How did they find the island?

Jacob: You'll have to ask them when they get here.

MIB: I don't have to ask. You brought them here. You're trying to prove me wrong, aren't you?

Jacob: You ARE wrong.

MIB: Am I? They come, fight, destroy, and then corrupt. It always ends the same.

Jacob: It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

MIB: Do you have any idea how badly I want to kill you?

Jacob: Yes.

MIB: One of these days, sooner or later, I'm going to find a loophole my friend.

Jacob: Well when you do, I'll be right here.

MIB: Always nice talking to you, Jacob.

Jacob: Nice talking to you too.

*Man in Black walks back into the jungle*

This looks to be EXTREMELY important. No hard answers, but this exchange provides a LOT of clues.

Especially when considered after watching the season 6 premiere, we know that Locke IS dead. There is STRONG reason to believe that the mysterious black-clad islander IS the smoke monster IS Locke.

Jacob brought that ship to the island, exactly as how he brought Oceanic flight 815 to the island. And just as how the mysterious smoke man was waiting when Jacob brought the 1500s vessel to the island, the smoke monster was waiting and immediately attacked when Jacob brought the plane to the island. And just as that man DID eventually kill Jacob, Jacob knew that that day was coming. He knew it had to come, he expected and planned for it to come, and I'm sure that that's why Jacob needed Sayid to be brought to the temple.

Locke is OBVIOUSLY the man in black who talks with Jacob in the final season of episode 5. The big question here is what Jacob has up his sleeve. Jacob has brought people to the island before. And it has ALWAYS ended with people "fighting, corrupting, and then destroying". The question is why Oceanic fligt 815 is different. The end of season 5 points to the plane crash being mere routine. Just another thing that's happened many times in the past, and always ends the same way.

But as Jacob says, "It only ends once. Anything that happens before then is just progress."

So if we consider everything that ever happened in Lost to be merely Jacob's idea of "progress", then what is Jacob progressing towards? Why did Jacob decide that THIS was his time to die? What is JACOB'S plan?

It's easy to dismiss the smoke monster/the man in black/Fake Locke as a villain. But him and Jacob are obviously the two big players controlling absolutely everything. Just as Ben went from being a bad guy to a good guy, multiple times, we're dealing with two conflicting interests with deep secrets. And we don't know what Jacob's motives are. At least the smoke monster has provided some (albeit possibly misleading) explanation. Smoke monster wants to go home (wherever "home" may be). But Jacob? We don't know. For what purpose is Jacob keeping the smoke monster from leaving, and for what purpose is Jacob working towards when he clearly chose to decide the time of his own death. We know the smoke monster's (stated) goal, but what is JACOB'S goal?

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 sammyjenkis898
What I'm wondering is what Richard was talking about when he told Sun, "I watched them all die." When did this happen?
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#313 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

xaos

Obviously it's Locke. .... Oh wait, it could :shock:
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]What I'm wondering is what Richard was talking about when he told Sun, "I watched them all die." When did this happen?

Oh yes this has me thinking, if in 1977, the bomb sunk the island, than he would have died also because he was on the island, thus making him not see them die... Interesting.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]What I'm wondering is what Richard was talking about when he told Sun, "I watched them all die." When did this happen? Ultrabeatdown55
Oh yes this has me thinking, if in 1977, the bomb sunk the island, than he would have died also because he was on the island, thus making him not see them die... Interesting.

Exactly. I have no idea how that's going to be played out - or if it will.

Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 Ultrabeatdown55

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]What I'm wondering is what Richard was talking about when he told Sun, "I watched them all die." When did this happen? sammyjenkis898

I hope it does. I won't necessarily be disappointed if it doesn't get answered though.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"]Oh yes this has me thinking, if in 1977, the bomb sunk the island, than he would have died also because he was on the island, thus making him not see them die... Interesting.Ultrabeatdown55

I hope it does. I won't necessarily be disappointed if it doesn't get answered though.

I would. Saying I watched a good portion of the main characters die is a pretty huge claim to make. They can't just pretend that he never said it.

Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Ultrabeatdown55

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

sammyjenkis898

I would. Saying I watched a good portion of the main characters die is a pretty huge claim to make. They can't just pretend that he never said it.

Thats true, but they probably didn't exactly know the island was going to go underwater. I'm sure they had some layout for the alt timeline, but I doubt having the island underwater was one of them.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 MrGeezer

I don't recall Richard saaying that. But I always assumed that we'd see many of the main characters get wiped out, since they initiated themselves into the Dharma initiative and we know that the Dharma folks get wiped out.

I mean you guys remember the mass grave full of Dharma folks, right?

And if I recall, wasn't one of the main characterts wearing the "Workman" uniform? I recall this being the same uniformn that the corpse was wearing when Hurley found the van.

We're dealing with multiple timelines and who knows which timelines are relevant. But at some point, the entire Dharma Initiative sort of DOES have to get wiped out, along with everyone who's with them. The mass graves and the dead worker in the van aren't a red herring, I don't suspect. That **** is gonna happen.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 MrGeezer

Thats true, but they probably didn't exactly know the island was going to go underwater. I'm sure they had some layout for the alt timeline, but I doubt having the island underwater was one of them.Ultrabeatdown55

Who are you referring to when you say "they"?

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 sammyjenkis898

I don't recall Richard saaying that. But I always assumed that we'd see many of the main characters get wiped out, since they initiated themselves into the Dharma initiative and we know that the Dharma folks get wiped out.

MrGeezer

Ben showed up behind Locke, with Sun. Locke told Alpert that Ben helped him get to the island. Ben told Sun Alpert was "like, an advisor" and he'd been at the job "for a very, very long time." Sun ran to Alpert and asked if he remembered Jin, Jack, Kate, Hurley and the rest of the group from 1977. Alpert said he remembered them very clearly, "because I watched them all die."

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"]I hope it does. I won't necessarily be disappointed if it doesn't get answered though.

Thats true, but they probably didn't exactly know the island was going to go underwater. I'm sure they had some layout for the alt timeline, but I doubt having the island underwater was one of them.

Perhaps but what makes you sure that the island sinking has any relevence to what Richard says in this timeline?
joehandel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 joehandel
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

sammyjenkis898

Ben showed up behind Locke, with Sun. Locke told Alpert that Ben helped him get to the island. Ben told Sun Alpert was "like, an advisor" and he'd been at the job "for a very, very long time." Sun ran to Alpert and asked if he remembered Jin, Jack, Kate, Hurley and the rest of the group from 1977. Alpert said he remembered them very clearly, "because I watched them all die."

I was dwelling over this an hour ago. Is there a third alternate reality they're just ignoring?? Or is Alpert able to see into the other timeline (as Juliet seemed to do) and "recall" seeing them all die? Hmm.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 sammyjenkis898

I was dwelling over this an hour ago. Is there a third alternate reality they're just ignoring?? Or is Alpert able to see into the other timeline (as Juliet seemed to do) and "recall" seeing them all die? Hmm.

joehandel

A) Your theory could be correct.

B) They could prove what he was talking about some time this season.

C) It's just really bad writing.

It can be either one of those.

:P

joehandel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 joehandel

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]

Just a thought about Jacob in sayid's body. Keep in mind that locke's body wasn't actually possessed but it was a totally different physical entity that took the form of locke. Since it Sayid's original body that woke up, I think its actually just sayid.

MrGeezer

I considered that, and that's a big crack in my argument. We've never yet seen anyone get possessed, just multiple cases of Jacob and The Smoke Monster taking the form of those who have died.

Regarding this. After last season ended I realized something that didn't make sense. If Mr Black had duplicated Locke's body, what about the rest of the bodies on the island? So I went back and checked old episodes. The episode where Eko see's his dead brother, he gets locke to take him to the drug plane so he can have a look at his brother's body.
The body, however, is gone. We know it was there before though, because we saw the body there in an even earlier episode with boone. So, Yemi's body was just inhabited rather than duplicated? Why? Yet the smoke monster shows up and kills Eko when Eko chases Yemi in the jungle. Either it's a flaw or maybe Locke's case is special, and his body somehow can't be inhabited.
Also note, Christians body wasn't in the coffin in the first season. Why was Locke's body duplicated when previous dead people have just been able to up and walk?!? Has me confuzzled.

joehandel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 joehandel

[QUOTE="joehandel"]

sammyjenkis898

A) Your theory could be correct.

B) They could prove what he was talking about some time this season.

C) It's just really bad writing.

It can be either one of those.

:P

I really hope not bad writing, it'd be a pretty bad flaw :P

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
Anyone notice Sayid's arm positions when they took him out of the fountain. Very akin to Christ, and next thing we know he rises from the dead. He could be Jacob, but I don't think Jacob is like MIB. Who takes on the appearance of the dead. It will probably end up with Sayid needing to die (again) or something to finally destroy Smokey.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 MrGeezer

Anyone notice Sayid's arm positions when they took him out of the fountain. Very akin to Christ, and next thing we know he rises from the dead. He could be Jacob, but I don't think Jacob is like MIB. Who takes on the appearance of the dead. It will probably end up with Sayid needing to die (again) or something to finally destroy Smokey.bobaban

In any case, if Sayid isn't Jacob, then I'm sure that Sayid is inhabited by an AGENT of Jacob.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 bobaban

[QUOTE="bobaban"]Anyone notice Sayid's arm positions when they took him out of the fountain. Very akin to Christ, and next thing we know he rises from the dead. He could be Jacob, but I don't think Jacob is like MIB. Who takes on the appearance of the dead. It will probably end up with Sayid needing to die (again) or something to finally destroy Smokey.MrGeezer

In any case, if Sayid isn't Jacob, then I'm sure that Sayid is inhabited by an AGENT of Jacob.

When he woke, though, he asked "what happened?". So it seems like its still Sayid, but he may get instructions on what his purpose from rising from the dead from Jacob.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

[QUOTE="bobaban"]Anyone notice Sayid's arm positions when they took him out of the fountain. Very akin to Christ, and next thing we know he rises from the dead. He could be Jacob, but I don't think Jacob is like MIB. Who takes on the appearance of the dead. It will probably end up with Sayid needing to die (again) or something to finally destroy Smokey.bobaban

When he woke, though, he asked "what happened?". So it seems like its still Sayid, but he may get instructions on what his purpose from rising from the dead from Jacob.

Or...he's just acting as Sayid would act in such a situation.

Just as Fake Locke had to pass as Locke, it stands to reason that Fake Sayid would sort of need to act as if he's Sayid in order to accomplish what he needs to do. That could very well be a mere case of trying to appear confused in order so that no one realizes that he's a fake.

Or...maybe it really is Sayid.

I'm just saying that Sayid's comment doesn't really mean anything yet.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 sammyjenkis898
It's definitely not Sayid. We know that something is inhabiting his body, which means Sayid is dead.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 MrGeezer

It's definitely not Sayid. We know that something is inhabiting his body, which means Sayid is dead.sammyjenkis898

Okay, so speculation time. If it's not Sayid, then who/what else could it be?

Logically (as if that even has much meaning when talking about a show like this), Jacob is the ONLY entity I can think of. And I'm not even really willing to conceive of any of the "ghosts" who previously appeared in the series, since every single one of them was likely a manifestation of either Jacob or the Smoke Monster. After all, once you're dead, you're dead.

So...who else COULD it be, other than Jacob?

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#333 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

I hope they bring back the 'real' Locke...

...they probably will, I have a hard time believing they'd kill off one of the most interesting characters...even if he is technically dead.

Then again 'dead' on Lost is kind of a loose term...:P

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 sammyjenkis898

Logically (as if that even has much meaning when talking about a show like this), Jacob is the ONLY entity I can think of. And I'm not even really willing to conceive of any of the "ghosts" who previously appeared in the series, since every single one of them was likely a manifestation of either Jacob or the Smoke Monster. After all, once you're dead, you're dead.

MrGeezer

Oh, I definitely agree it's Jacob. I also agree with what you speculated above, that he's just acting like Sayid so he can get to where he wants.

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 martialbullet

MrGeezer

Locke.
which means Sayid is dead.sammyjenkis898
Sayid isn't dead. He's just... gone. :P

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

martialbullet

Locke.

Other than Jacob, that's the only other possibility that I'm even willing to consider. And even that's sketchy, because in hindsight it seems that a lot of the "fate" **** that was going on with Locke was simply the result of him being manipulated by forces such as The Smoke Monster. I sort of doubt that Sayid is now Locke. As Flocke said, Locke was a weak, frail, and pathetic man whose biggest difference from everyone else was in realizing how worthless his former life really was. But Locke does seem to be genuinely "special" in some way. It's not over with Locke, and even if he's truly and utterly dead, he will surely be extremely important in the alternate timeline.

But I don't see it being Locke in Sayid's body. Aside from Jacob, he's the only thing/person I've been willing to see as even being possible. But I don't think it's Locke, because he's just a mortal man. Not unless it's some sort of stuff about how death was what made him more than a man, and that he actually is equivalent to beings such as Jacob and The Smoke Monster. That's possible, but I don't see that as being likely.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Season premiere was great, but as usual cliffhangers make me angry.

Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Ultrabeatdown55

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"]Thats true, but they probably didn't exactly know the island was going to go underwater. I'm sure they had some layout for the alt timeline, but I doubt having the island underwater was one of them.MrGeezer

Who are you referring to when you say "they"?

The producers...
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 Ultrabeatdown55

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

dave123321

Perhaps but what makes you sure that the island sinking has any relevence to what Richard says in this timeline?

Because the Losties that went back to 1977 are in the 2007 timeline with Flocke, Richard, Sun, Frank etc...

Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Ultrabeatdown55
It's definitely not Sayid. We know that something is inhabiting his body, which means Sayid is dead.sammyjenkis898
Just because something is in his body doesn't mean that he can't also be the regular Sayid we know.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 martialbullet

[QUOTE="martialbullet"]

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

MrGeezer

Locke.

Other than Jacob, that's the only other possibility that I'm even willing to consider. And even that's sketchy, because in hindsight it seems that a lot of the "fate" **** that was going on with Locke was simply the result of him being manipulated by forces such as The Smoke Monster. I sort of doubt that Sayid is now Locke. As Flocke said, Locke was a weak, frail, and pathetic man whose biggest difference from everyone else was in realizing how worthless his former life really was. But Locke does seem to be genuinely "special" in some way. It's not over with Locke, and even if he's truly and utterly dead, he will surely be extremely important in the alternate timeline.

But I don't see it being Locke in Sayid's body. Aside from Jacob, he's the only thing/person I've been willing to see as even being possible. But I don't think it's Locke, because he's just a mortal man. Not unless it's some sort of stuff about how death was what made him more than a man, and that he actually is equivalent to beings such as Jacob and The Smoke Monster. That's possible, but I don't see that as being likely.

Well if the theme of spirituality has any kind of use and meaning in the story, Locke is a possibility. He's somewhat of a moving force and maybe where as the nemesis sees him as a pathetic, useless man, Jacob sees him as someone of great use.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 bobaban

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

sammyjenkis898

Oh, I definitely agree it's Jacob. I also agree with what you speculated above, that he's just acting like Sayid so he can get to where he wants.

I'm still banking that it is Sayid, even though I may be wrong. One because Jacob said that Hugo could SAVE Sayid, and Jacob doesn't seem the deceiving type. And two because Sayid actually "died" in the healing pool, which properties are unknown and unpredictable especially after Jacob died. Sayid dieing in the pool itself is very important.
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Ultrabeatdown55
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

bobaban

I'm still banking that it is Sayid, even though I may be wrong. One because Jacob said that Hugo could SAVE Sayid, and Jacob doesn't seem the deceiving type. And two because Sayid actually "died" in the healing pool, which properties are unknown and unpredictable especially after Jacob died. Sayid dieing in the pool itself is very important.

Yay! Somebody else who doesn't think its Jacob! :D
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38689 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="rolo107"]So they tease Sayid's death in the premiere, and then kill him soon after? I doubt it, if he dies it's in the finale or not at all. They hinted at him having a lot of importance too, I'm sure all do but maybe him moreso. Regardless, he got shot in Season 5 Finale, it'd be redundant for him to die this season; if he lived that shot, which he did. MrGeezer

I think Jacob is in Sayid.

OBVIOUS SPOILERS! I also henceforth say that we don't need to use spoiler tags. Since anyone who doesn't watch the show shouldn't be reading a discussion on the show. If someone gets stuff spoiled, it's their fault for reading a discussion about the first two episodes without having seen the first two episodes.

That's plausible.

Anyway, that scene is certainly HUGELY important given the recent appearance of Jacob and events directly surrounding him.I just wish I could remember exactly what happened.

Anyway, as repeated many times, "dead is dead". And Sayid died. Either there's something VERY unique going on with Sayid, or it's something more obvious...that's not Sayid.

And if the smoke monster wanted to kill Jacob in order to escape, if the people at the temple were horrified at the news of Jacob's death and went into lockdown mode to prevent "him" from getting in, it seems likely that "him" is the smoke monster. AKA Flocke, who I think may be the dude who was with Jacob at the statue in that distant flashback. Smoke monster (Flocke) killed Jacob and his next stop is the temple because the temple holds the means necessary for Flocke to "go home".

Meanwhile Jacob (after having been killed) sent Sayid to the temple for a reason. Not so that Sayid would be saved, but so that Sayid would DIE. Jacob needs Sayid to die in order to take the place of Sayid, but it HAS to be done in the Temple. Sayid MUST die in the waters of the temple. That's actually something that I'm sort of leaning towards.

But I think that Sayid really IS dead. And IF he really is dead, then I think there's a good chance that revived Sayid is in fact Jacob.

basically jacob is on the beach seeing the black rock arrive ( i think it's the black rock ) and the buy in black made some comment about how they always come to fight and destroy, i assume he's referring to humans who come to the island and always end up killing each other over it... the guy in black says something like, so this is how it ends and jacob says that it only ends once and that everything in between is just progress. then the guy in black says something like "you have no idea how much i want to kill you" which was alluding to some reason why he can't in his current form hence him needing a loophole in order to do it.

EDIT: whoops. saw your later post about it :P

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 bobaban

[QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] Oh, I definitely agree it's Jacob. I also agree with what you speculated above, that he's just acting like Sayid so he can get to where he wants.

Ultrabeatdown55

Yay! Somebody else who doesn't think its Jacob! :D

Good to know there are others out there :) Also Jacob having similar powers to Smokey seems unlikely. As Jacob is the light and Smokey is the dark. Jacob seems like the type to accept death rather than bypass it somehow.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Travo_basic
Anyone think Juliet wasn't just talking gibberish when she told Sawyer to meet for coffee. Me thinks they will indeed do that later in the season.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 194197844077667059316682358889
Anyone think Juliet wasn't just talking gibberish when she told Sawyer to meet for coffee. Me thinks they will indeed do that later in the season.Travo_basic
In the other frame you mean?
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Travo_basic
[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Anyone think Juliet wasn't just talking gibberish when she told Sawyer to meet for coffee. Me thinks they will indeed do that later in the season.xaos

Yes, the flash sideways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 194197844077667059316682358889
[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Anyone think Juliet wasn't just talking gibberish when she told Sawyer to meet for coffee. Me thinks they will indeed do that later in the season.Travo_basic

Yes, the flash sideways.

Well, really it's a flashback, right? Since for the frame currently focused in the temple, a lot of time has passed since the plane landed/would have landed in LAX; sorry if I'm covering well-trod ground here
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 Travo_basic
[QUOTE="Travo_basic"][QUOTE="xaos"] In the other frame you mean?xaos
Yes, the flash sideways.

Well, really it's a flashback, right? Since for the frame currently focused in the temple, a lot of time has passed since the plane landed/would have landed in LAX; sorry if I'm covering well-trod ground here

Technically it is a flashback but it's like a diverging path rather than an alternate timeline, at least I think it is. Like they are both happening and will merge together somehow.