Linkin Park - love or hate

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Omni-Wrath
Member since 2008 • 1970 Posts
[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

[QUOTE="Redgarl"]If you get in REAL metal, your hate for them is going to appear. The only reason why you can love that crap is because you don't know anything else.Redgarl

What make you thing they are crap?

I hate people of Gamespot because alot of them think they are correct and right at everthing. There is a reason so many like Linkin Park.

Can you name me more than 50 bands that few peoples actually know? If your answer is no (and I know it is), I would just have proved my point... but I know you are going to try to dodge the result... so I don't care and you are the only caring that I hate them.

Get used to it because everyone hates them... except small emo kids...

Everone hates them:lol: Their album sold 15 million. Except Emo kids yea right. Go to their concerts and you findout there are no small emo kids. Fact is that they are an amazing band. You jus thave a horrible taste in muscia and like crappy music. I can do that too.

Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts
[QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"][QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

Overrated I think not. They are loved for a reason. They had a concert that so many people were jumping the floor went down. It was intense. It was amazing.

Redgarl

They are loved because people don't know any better. Listen to some Evergrey, Nightwish, Kamelot, or Andromeda.

I find your list of band to be, not as bad, but almost...

Nightwish isn't what it used to be since the depart of the singer and the rest utterly... don't build any interess for me.

I will go with Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Agalloch and Alcest... Yeah, I just wanted to stick with the bands starting with A because... well... just to show that... I know many... too many bands... :P

I would go with those bands too, but most people can't stand Death/Black vox teh first time they hear it, best to get into metal slowly.:P
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts

[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"]omg they are liek super hxcore and i love them and noone else loves them as much as i do because there not hxcore liek i am an any1 that disaegres with me is a h8erRedgarl

I know... that's for this reason I have recorded their last concert!!!!

Here it is...!!!

omg what a poser yur a h8er

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 fat_rob
Member since 2003 • 22624 Posts
I've heard good things about Amon Amarth...but I'm not a metal person so I've never bothered to listen...
bitemeslippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#55 bitemeslippy
Member since 2005 • 1626 Posts

[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"]omg they are liek super hxcore and i love them and noone else loves them as much as i do because there not hxcore liek i am an any1 that disaegres with me is a h8erRedgarl

I know... that's for this reason I have recorded their last concert!!!!

Here it is...!!!

Haha that was great.

Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Darth-Caedus
I've heard good things about Amon Amarth...but I'm not a metal person so I've never bothered to listen...fat_rob
They are ******* awesome......however I wouldn't recomend them to anyone who dosn't aready like metal, most people who never listend to it hear the vox and hate it...
KLAX42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 KLAX42
Member since 2008 • 3368 Posts
Just awful. I'm sure most of the reasons have already been stated.
fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 fat_rob
[QUOTE="fat_rob"]I've heard good things about Amon Amarth...but I'm not a metal person so I've never bothered to listen...Darth-Caedus
They are ******* awesome......however I wouldn't recomend them to anyone who dosn't aready like metal, most people who never listend to it hear the vox and hate it...

My problem with metal is mostly the vocal style...I actually really love the music outside of that, but I can't get past the vocals :(. I just youtubed a few songs of Amon Amarth...same result.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"][QUOTE="fat_rob"]I've heard good things about Amon Amarth...but I'm not a metal person so I've never bothered to listen...fat_rob

My problem with metal is mostly the vocal style...I actually really love the music outside of that, but I can't get past the vocals :(. I just youtubed a few songs of Amon Amarth...same result.

It's an acquired taste, but if you give it a chance, it'll probably grow on you.

Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Darth-Caedus
[QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"][QUOTE="fat_rob"]I've heard good things about Amon Amarth...but I'm not a metal person so I've never bothered to listen...fat_rob

You should check out some Progressive, power, and Symphonic metal bands then, most of them have much more acessible vocals:)
fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 fat_rob
[QUOTE="fat_rob"][QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"]They are ******* awesome......however I wouldn't recomend them to anyone who dosn't aready like metal, most people who never listend to it hear the vox and hate it...Darth-Caedus

You should check out some Progressive and Symphonic metal bands then, most of them have much more acessible vocals:)

Mind giving me a couple of names...I'm a total noob when it comes to this genre :(
Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 Redgarl
Member since 2002 • 13252 Posts
[QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"]They are loved because people don't know any better. Listen to some Evergrey, Nightwish, Kamelot, or Andromeda.Darth-Caedus
I find your list of band to be, not as bad, but almost...

Nightwish isn't what it used to be since the depart of the singer and the rest utterly... don't build any interess for me.

I will go with Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Agalloch and Alcest... Yeah, I just wanted to stick with the bands starting with A because... well... just to show that... I know many... too many bands... :P

I would go with those bands too, but most people can't stand Death/Black vox teh first time they hear it, best to get into metal slowly.:P

In that case, Katatonia, Therion, Agalloch and Alcest.

Alcest is a french band, very melodramatic...

Alcest-Souvenirs D'Un Autre Monde

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Redgarl

[QUOTE="fat_rob"]I've heard good things about Amon Amarth...but I'm not a metal person so I've never bothered to listen...Darth-Caedus

Versus the world, With Oden On Our Side and Twilight of the Thunder Godare the 3 best album from them.

Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Darth-Caedus
[QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"][QUOTE="fat_rob"] My problem with metal is mostly the vocal style...I actually really love the music outside of that, but I can't get past the vocals :(. I just youtubed a few songs of Amon Amarth...same result. fat_rob
You should check out some Progressive and Symphonic metal bands then, most of them have much more acessible vocals:)

Mind giving me a couple of names...I'm a total noob when it comes to this genre :(

Sure :) Evergrey Kamelot Nightwish Andromeda Sonata Arctica Adagio Aesma Daeva Delain Derdian Blind Guardian Nevermore Iced Earth
Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Redgarl

[QUOTE="fat_rob"][QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"]They are ******* awesome......however I wouldn't recomend them to anyone who dosn't aready like metal, most people who never listend to it hear the vox and hate it...Darth-Caedus

I know a little band that he would probably actually like very fast and make him get into metal... ;)

Pain... ZOMBIE SLAM!!!!!

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Redgarl

[QUOTE="fat_rob"][QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"]You should check out some Progressive and Symphonic metal bands then, most of them have much more acessible vocals:) Darth-Caedus

Sure :) Evergrey Kamelot Nightwish Andromeda Sonata Arctica Adagio Aesma Daeva Delain Derdian Blind Guardian Nevermore Iced Earth

Nevermore is simply... one of the best metal band from the 90's. Complex but so rewarding when you get into it. Listen to a Godless Endavor.

Look at what I found :P

Pain - Shut your Mouth, feat. Nightwish (Live @ Lisbon)

Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Darth-Caedus

[QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"][QUOTE="fat_rob"]I've heard good things about Amon Amarth...but I'm not a metal person so I've never bothered to listen...Redgarl

Versus the world, With Oden On Our Side and Twilight of the Thunder Godare the 3 best album from them.

Agreed :) Although its not like they make bad albums, there entire discography is pure gold :P
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#68 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts
I'm not a fan of there music.
fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 fat_rob
That Pain video is trippy as hell, the song is cool though. I liked that Alcest song too...I just didn't understand the lyrics (don't know french), but the I liked the style. Thanks for the recommendations...got some research to do now :)
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#70 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

Hmm, I liked their old stuff a lot. A few new stuff, but thats about it.

I really dont lisen to them too much anymore.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
They're Okay
milosbeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#72 milosbeli
Member since 2007 • 1045 Posts
meteora was an awesome album
flipguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 flipguy
Member since 2005 • 910 Posts
i liked there old stuff not new stuff
wilsonbdarnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 wilsonbdarnit
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I don't like and thus I don't listen to them. Much better music to discover. XxSTILL_BORNxX
I Totally agree.

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
I wouldn't mind them much if 90% of every amv ever made was using their songs...
R0cky_Racc00n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 R0cky_Racc00n
Member since 2006 • 5088 Posts

I hate all their stuff except for some songs off Meteora. Breaking The Habit is an excellent song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH2KgGgK0Dc

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#77 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

I hate all their stuff except for some songs off Meteora. Breaking The Habit is an excellent song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH2KgGgK0Dc

R0cky_Racc00n

thats one of my faves by them.

dragon7x2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 dragon7x2k
Member since 2007 • 3695 Posts
I used to like them, now every time I heard them I get bored
ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts
I dislike them.
josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#80 josh494
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts
I used to love them, my old profile name was Linkinpark494 , about a month later I hated them. And I delt with that name for a year until I made this account. Ugh they are emo/rapper wannabes.
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#81 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
honestly, for what they were, i was more or less indifferent to them for the first two cds, but their third cd is godawful and utterly unlistenable.
JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts
What is with all these Linkin Park threads all of a sudden. I hate them so much (the threads and the band)
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
hate. it's absolutely ridiculous fusion music to me. i think you need far more talent to pull that off... just comes off as angry teenage emo funk / punk to me.. not my bag.
Avatar image for Jack-o-Thompson
Jack-o-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Jack-o-Thompson
Member since 2007 • 2166 Posts
Don't really like them at all.
Elimin8er_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Elimin8er_93
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i love their old stuff but the new stuff is OK i still love them =D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#86 64316431
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts

Okay, here's my opinion - Linkin Park rule. Big Time. Period. They mix rap and rock better than any other band. (*cough*) Imo Hybrid Theory was thier best album. Meteora is still brilliant, amazing, and all that, but all the tracks were almost the same. Variety was lacking. Depth was lacking M2M : WOW I was blown away. They have shown so much depth in this album, it far beats Hybrid Theory. And no, im not confused, i used to think HT was their best album till i heard M2M.

EDIT

P.S. LP Is the biggest best smashingly amazing thing on earth!!!!!!

And yes, i created this thread.

ferron321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ferron321
Member since 2004 • 3078 Posts
9 votes for the first option? REALLY?!
NumCha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 NumCha
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts
Absolutely love them, Hands Held High is my favourite song
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
[QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"]Can't listen to them, its either rap or rock....you can't mix both.fat_rob
Not a fan of Rage Against the Machine? :(

I Only liked/loved Killing in the name of:P and thats because of the kickass intro of the song.