Let's talk money... do you consider yourself "financially stable"?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blin220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blin220
Member since 2004 • 603 Posts

have you ever overdrafted? if you have what's the most? are you in any sort of debt?

today I went from on the edge to over the edge. I literally have no money right now. None, and i've never felt this way before. I feel lost and like.. poor actually. I need to work my way back on to the edge and hopefully farther away from the edge.

I'm not asking you to share how much money you have. Only share how you feel if you feel comfortable with people knowing your "situation". Some people do take this information very personal.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

Very stable...for now lol

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
My parent's technically keep me afloat... I'm 22, no job, in school. They bought a house for me to live in, and allow me to use their credit card for food and the occasional luxury. Lucky I got rich parents....
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
As long as I keep my job I am fine. But I also have options if I get fired...I would be all right (even if I had to take a job I quit before) But I am in debt...student loans, car payment, some on a credit card
reikalee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 reikalee
Member since 2009 • 154 Posts

Although I'm now working, I still don't consider myself stable since my dad still sends me money.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
There have been times in the past, but not recently. Although, recently I have spent about 6 or 7 times what I am currently bringing in. But I do not think I have any more major expenditures for the year, so I should be able to keep my relatively high cash balance where it is.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
I have only overdrafted a few times. I don't have any debt, but I'm far from being rich. I live paycheck to paycheck, I just do my best to not live outside my means.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rawsavon
I have only overdrafted a few times. I don't have any debt, but I'm far from being rich. I live paycheck to paycheck, I just do my best to not live outside my means.double_decker
Very smart...you are one of the few...you should be proud
Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

Yeah, I worked and saved up money. I live at home while I am at Registered Nursing school to save money for when I graduate and pass my nclex. I have over drafted but thats out of stupidity. When I have money in savings and just lost track of how much was in my spending account.

carrot-cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 carrot-cake
Member since 2008 • 6880 Posts

I'm still living at home, so I'm still financially stable, and I intend to keep it that way.

Blackbase88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blackbase88
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts
I was $2000 in debt so my dad paid it off so now im debt to my dad but i can still afford $500 worth of games so i would say im stable since i paid off my debt to my dad. Im back on my feet!
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

I lost my job of 4 years because I was incarcerated for 3 months. While I was in jail, my ex drained my bank account so I have absolutely no money or income. I'm fairly upbeat about it because anything is better than being in jail.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 double_decker
Very smart...you are one of the few...you should be proudrawsavon
Thank you 8) But I also learned from my dad, and older brother who liked to live outside of their means. I'm not big on taking out loans unless it's for a house, vehicle or something else along the lines of necessity. I don't have tons of fancy things but what I do have is mine, paid for, and earned by me working for it.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
I live with my parents, so they provide a home, food, car and some money, I also have a job that I make about $500 a paycheck on (Part time) and I go to Uni, I feel stable.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"] Very smart...you are one of the few...you should be prouddouble_decker
Thank you 8) But I also learned from my dad, and older brother who liked to live outside of their means. I'm not big on taking out loans unless it's for a house, vehicle or something else along the lines of necessity. I don't have tons of fancy things but what I do have is mine, paid for, and earned by me working for it.

Same here...been on my own since I was 18 and bought everything. But several times through school = lots of student loans + needed a new (used) car.
sacredtext62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sacredtext62
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts

have you ever overdrafted? if you have what's the most? are you in any sort of debt?

today I went from on the edge to over the edge. I literally have no money right now. None, and i've never felt this way before. I feel lost and like.. poor actually. I need to work my way back on to the edge and hopefully farther away from the edge.

I'm not asking you to share how much money you have. Only share how you feel if you feel comfortable with people knowing your "situation". Some people do take this information very personal.

Blin220
well, my internet is running off a pay phone right now and all i have is 2 quarters left so im not too stable
blank33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 blank33
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

Well I'm 19 and in school, but my parents are definitely secure.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 double_decker
Same here...been on my own since I was 18 and bought everything. But several times through school = lots of student loans + needed a new (used) car.rawsavon
Yeah, I lived on my own for several years myself but right now I am living at home to help my mom out because I have a 9 year old little brother and an 11 year old little sister and her bf doesn't do crap around the house. So I like being close to home to help her out with dishes, laundry and bills. Since I don't date anymore it saves me money as well although I do make more than enough to have my own place if I chose to.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts
I'm currently out of work, so no, i don't consider myself financially stable. However, I saved money through high-school and college so I could graduate with zero school-related debt, which I'm fortunate for. I also have a bit of money set aside for instances like this so i'm not in a flat-out panic. If I had a decent job, then I'd probably veer over to the financially stable state of mind though. I don't spend money on unnecessary things, and I'm so frugal it's sinister.
Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#20 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

Well so far I have a student loan, and my parents, with the help of my aunt, and funding my tuition for college for now.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"] Same here...been on my own since I was 18 and bought everything. But several times through school = lots of student loans + needed a new (used) car.double_decker
Yeah, I lived on my own for several years myself but right now I am living at home to help my mom out because I have a 9 year old little brother and an 11 year old little sister and her bf doesn't do crap around the house. So I like being close to home to help her out with dishes, laundry and bills. Since I don't date anymore it saves me money as well although I do make more than enough to have my own place if I chose to.

I was the man of the house from 9th grade till I left at 18...but my sisters have left home as well (they are both younger than me). That is very kind of you, most people are not that selfless. Why don't you date? -just curious, don't have to share if you don't want to.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 double_decker
Why don't you date? -just curious, don't have to share if you don't want to.rawsavon
I've been through alot of relationships over the years. It took me a long time to get happy with myself and being single so I don't see the need in messing that up by getting hurt again. If I met someone that I felt I was gaining more than I'd be giving up to be with her and she was patient enough to take things slow enough in order to get in I would date again, but I don't see any girl making that kind of effort to be with me, since it's usually the guys that have to jump through a lot of hoops and what not in order to date. I have been through alot with the opposite sex (and I've not been entirely innocent myself, I've hurt a few decent ones trying to date when I wasn't ready myself). But I guess over the years I just got tired of being cheated on or left for better looking guys. So I just take care of myself, do what makes me happy and make the most of what I do have without trying for anything more.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
Well I'm in my first year of college and I'm searching for a job. If I didn't still live at home, I'd be screwed.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"] Why don't you date? -just curious, don't have to share if you don't want to.double_decker
I've been through alot of relationships over the years. It took me a long time to get happy with myself and being single so I don't see the need in messing that up by getting hurt again. If I met someone that I felt I was gaining more than I'd be giving up to be with her and she was patient enough to take things slow enough in order to get in I would date again, but I don't see any girl making that kind of effort to be with me, since it's usually the guys that have to jump through a lot of hoops and what not in order to date. I have been through alot with the opposite sex (and I've not been entirely innocent myself, I've hurt a few decent ones trying to date when I wasn't ready myself). But I guess over the years I just got tired of being cheated on or left for better looking guys. So I just take care of myself, do what makes me happy and make the most of what I do have without trying for anything more.

Hmm. very different answer than I was expecting. Very well thought out, mature, and insightful answer. Hmm As long as you leave yourself open to the possibility of dating and as long as you are happy, that is all that counts. The pastor of my church once brought up the gift if singleness (which was new to me). But the more I thought about what he said, the convinced I have become that I was part of the intended audience of that message.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 double_decker
Hmm. very different answer than I was expecting. Very well thought out, mature, and insightful answer. Hmm As long as you leave yourself open to the possibility of dating and as long as you are happy, that is all that counts. The pastor of my church once brought up the gift if singleness (which was new to me). But the more I thought about what he said, the convinced I have become that I was part of the intended audience of that message.rawsavon
Yeah, I'm not real religious, but it is something I have thought about alot over the years. I wouldn't be the first person to spend a majority of their life single, and probably not the last. But it's also something that only time will tell for sure, so until then I make the most out of what I do have, deal with the bad things the best I can and do what I can do keep myself happy, and those that I care about happy. I enjoy my solitude, I have experienced more and there are alot of things I enjoy about dating and being with someone special, but that's only when it's with someone special, not just with someone in particular. For now I have more than enough to keep me busy and happy.

I've found out trying for more than what is needed can definitly lead to unhappiness and pain. Sure, without risk there is no or minimal reward. But also, trying too hard can be just as bad. I've learned that over the years it's best to not worry about things beyond your control. All I can do is be the best person I possibly can, do what I enjoy and let time take care of the rest. Until then, there is plenty of booze, lots of video games, a plethera of books, work and so many other things to fill my life with. :)
qwertyoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 qwertyoip
Member since 2007 • 1681 Posts

Extremely stable. I have zero dollars today, and will have zero dollars tomorrow, and zero dollars next week.

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

As long as my mommy and step-dad are living--then i'm in great financial shape for now.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"] Hmm. very different answer than I was expecting. Very well thought out, mature, and insightful answer. Hmm As long as you leave yourself open to the possibility of dating and as long as you are happy, that is all that counts. The pastor of my church once brought up the gift if singleness (which was new to me). But the more I thought about what he said, the convinced I have become that I was part of the intended audience of that message.double_decker
Yeah, I'm not real religious, but it is something I have thought about alot over the years. I wouldn't be the first person to spend a majority of their life single, and probably not the last. But it's also something that only time will tell for sure, so until then I make the most out of what I do have, deal with the bad things the best I can and do what I can do keep myself happy, and those that I care about happy. I enjoy my solitude, I have experienced more and there are alot of things I enjoy about dating and being with someone special, but that's only when it's with someone special, not just with someone in particular. For now I have more than enough to keep me busy and happy.

I've found out trying for more than what is needed can definitly lead to unhappiness and pain. Sure, without risk there is no or minimal reward. But also, trying too hard can be just as bad. I've learned that over the years it's best to not worry about things beyond your control. All I can do is be the best person I possibly can, do what I enjoy and let time take care of the rest. Until then, there is plenty of booze, lots of video games, a plethera of books, work and so many other things to fill my life with. :)

We share similar views (especially the alcohol part)...my POV is just a little more jaded.

On one hand, I am very easy to date (not jealous at all, want girls to sepnd time away, want you to do whatever you want to do)
But most girls end up not liking these qualities (especially because I expect them in return)
Also, I am happy spending most of my time alone.

I always tell girls "I am the coolest person you will grow to hate"

hkmp5a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hkmp5a2
Member since 2003 • 1315 Posts

I guess I could call myself finacially stable. 22 in school with student loans. Just put down first months rent for when I move out into my apartment on oct 1st. In another week, ill have enough to make an advancement for Nov and so on with a little knowledge of what I can spend and save.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 double_decker
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

We share similar views (especially the alcohol part)...my POV is just a little more jaded.

On one hand, I am very easy to date (not jealous at all, want girls to sepnd time away, want you to do whatever you want to do)
But most girls end up not liking these qualities (especially because I expect them in return)

Yeah, I get that alot as well. When girls first get to know me they think I'm a great catch. In some ways they are right. I'm not afraid to show I care, I'm easy to get along with. I'm not the jealous type. I was raised to not cheat or use women, etc etc. But I'm far from perfect, I like my alone time, I'm not overly sexual, I've always been more affectionate than sexual. Not that I don't enjoy it, but it's just so much better with someone you actually care alot for and are comfortable with than just random girls and going out and chasing it. But what turns off alot of girls is that I do like to drink alot, and I have a very low tolerance for drama and games. If two people care for each other it shouldn't be difficult and it should be equal. I don't play the kiss ass game, or jump through hoops. I don't like arguing over silly things that don't matter or feel that I have to not be myself in order to keep them around. Sure some sacrifice on both sides are to be expected and consideration and communication of feelings. But I've been how I am my whole life, am happy with the person I am, and if I am going to be with someone then trying to change me is something they will just have to understand isn't going to happen. So I'm sure not holding my breath for "the one" to come along for me. If it happens great, if not, life goes on. :)
KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts

Paycheck to paycheck and broke all the time =]

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
Well, I am in school for no job. When I had a job, I didn't really spend that much money. I don't have any debt. Wait, unless you can count medical bills. My parents paid off my student loans I had when I was attending another college.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

double_decker

Yeah, I get that alot as well. When girls first get to know me they think I'm a great catch. In some ways they are right. I'm not afraid to show I care, I'm easy to get along with. I'm not the jealous type. I was raised to not cheat or use women, etc etc. But I'm far from perfect, I like my alone time, I'm not overly sexual, I've always been more affectionate than sexual. Not that I don't enjoy it, but it's just so much better with someone you actually care alot for and are comfortable and capable with than just random girls and going out and chasing it. But what turns off alot of girls is that I do like to drink alot, and I have a very low tolerance for drama and games. If two people care for each other it shouldn't be difficult and it should be equal. I don't play the kiss ass game, or jump through hoops. I don't like arguing over silly things that don't matter or feel that I have to not be myself in order to keep them around. Sure some sacrifice on both sides are to be expected and consideration and communication of feelings. But I've been how I am my whole life, am happy with the person I am, and if I am going to be with someone then trying to change me is something they will just have to understand isn't going to happen. So I'm sure not holding my breath for "the one" to come along for me. If it happens great, if not, life goes on. :)

Exactly...why is that not a great catch.

Our only difference is that I am very sexual...but monogamously sexual
Other than that all the same.

Girls like it...at first.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
have you ever overdrafted? if you have what's the most? are you in any sort of debt?Blin220
No, n/a, and yes. I'm very financially stable. I'm a frugal bastard.
GreyskullPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 GreyskullPower
Member since 2009 • 529 Posts
since im in high school , i sell agendas from the lost and found half off. so that means if i can make 200 bucks in under a month WITHOUT a job, then yes im financially stable.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 double_decker
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

Yeah, the sexual thing is probably one of the main issues I've had in the past. Alot of guys have a big libido and want it alot. Where I am more of a once every few days kind of guy. I've never cheated, but I've been cheated on alot in the past so I have some trust issues because of that, but nothing that doesn't go away once I get to know someone well. The longer I am with a girl and the more comfortable I become with them the more sexual I tend to be. Kind of the opposite of how alot of people seem to be.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

double_decker

Yeah, the sexual thing is probably one of the main issues I've had in the past. Alot of guys have a big libido and want it alot. Where I am more of a once every few days kind of guy. I've never cheated, but I've been cheated on alot in the past so I have some trust issues because of that, but nothing that doesn't go away once I get to know someone well. The longer I am with a girl and the more comfortable I become with them the more sexual I tend to be. Kind of the opposite of how alot of people seem to be.

Once again, you would think that most girls would like it that way.
Girls can be very...hmm... difficult sometimes.

Sorry to hear about all that though.
I don't know how I would react to being cheated on.
Part of me thinks it would not bother me that much, just because I know how people are...but that is easy to say till it happens

ariz3260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ariz3260
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts

Home and student loans... that's it. Got a bit of savings so if I go jobless I should be able to provide for my wife and I for around a year. Hope it doesn't come down to that though.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 double_decker
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

Part of me thinks it would not bother me that much, just because I know how people are...but that is easy to say till it happens

That they can be :lol: The first few times it happened I was devasted, but after so many times I began to expect it, and just ended the relationship and moved on after it happened. Some guys would try and "fight" for their girl but I've always said "If another guy can sleep with the girl I'm with, he can have her." If she doesn't care enough about me to stay faithful and at least show me the respect of ending the relationship before moving on to another guy then I just move on with my life and leave her behind to be some other guy's problem.
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

i'm poor

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'm not in debt, but I'm unemployed, living with my parents and going to university. As soon as I get a job, I'm out.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

double_decker

That they can be :lol: The first few times it happened I was devasted, but after so many times I began to expect it, and just ended the relationship and moved on after it happened. Some guys would try and "fight" for their girl but I've always said "If another guy can sleep with the girl I'm with, he can have her." If she doesn't care enough about me to stay faithful and at least show me the respect of ending the relationship before moving on to another guy then I just move on with my life and leave her behind to be some other guy's problem.

No, I agree
If the other guy doesn't know about me, why would I be mad at him.
If he does know about me, that is just disrespectful.
But regardless, she is the one that cheated. The guy just took advantage of the situation.

But seriously dude, that sucks...that many times.
I think I would just start...I don't know...can't hit girls, but damn

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

I'm in college right now, and yeah, my parents are doing fairly well. we're stable

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#44 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I have no debt and I have three months' pay stored up in my savings account, so yeah, I suppose you could call me that. :P

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 double_decker
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

No, I agree
But regardless, she is the one that cheated. The guy just took advantage of the situation.

Yeah, it sucks that it's happened several times to me, but I guess I just have bad taste in women :lol: I used to let it get me down alot and think that something was wrong with me because of it, and be really depressed, bitter and hate on women. But that's no way to live life. It's just their loss, and I get the satisfaction of knowing that most of them will be treated poorly by other guys, which wouldn't have happened had they stayed with me. So it's their own fault, and their own loss, someday I may make a girl really, and truly happy and have it returned to me and be happy in a different way than I am now. But if not, either way, I'm going to be happy and enjoy my life, however it goes. :)
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

No, I agree

double_decker

Yeah, it sucks that it's happened several times to me, but I guess I just have bad taste in women :lol: I used to let it get me down alot and think that something was wrong with me because of it, and be really depressed, bitter and hate on women. But that's no way to live life. It's just their loss, and I get the satisfaction of knowing that most of them will be treated poorly by other guys, which wouldn't have happened had they stayed with me. So it's their own fault, and their own loss, someday I may make a girl really, and truly happy and have it returned to me and be happy in a different way than I am now. But if not, either way, I'm going to be happy and enjoy my life, however it goes. :)

Great Attitude to have...can only hope that I would be able to do the same in your shoes.

Great, unexpected conversation tonight BTW.
I just came on to pass time during Monday Night Football.

Catch you around the OT

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 double_decker
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

Great Attitude to have...can only hope that I would be able to do the same in your shoes.

Catch you around the OT

I enjoyed the conversation as well, see you around. :) I'm off to bed for work in the morning myself.
MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

Catch you around the OT

double_decker

I enjoyed the conversation as well, see you around. :) I'm off to bed for work in the morning myself.

I think you two need to be reminded that RC is on top of this board.

Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts
One day you are rich.. one day you are poor.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

I never have to work again if I don't want to, but not doing so means I'm limited to what I can spend. I'm not working right now, but I may change my mind if the economy ever picks back up. But I want to get out of I.T. because I've been there and done that. Just not sure what else I want to do right now.