Lets compare our music tastes

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101 codymcclain14
Member since 2010 • 6017 Posts
Metal and rock mostly. Some 80's pop. Little rap In order of favorites per genre, not very accurate Dream Theater Dio/Anything with ronnie james Jethro Tull Opeth Sonata Arctica Iron Maiden Pink Floyd Tool Led Zeppelin The Yardbirds Avenged Sevenfold Metallica Megadeth Disturbed Paramore Hey Monday Depeche Mode Tears for fears Billy Joel A flock of Seagulls Genesis Phil Collins Peter Gabriel Hollywood undead Eminem What do you like or dislike?YoshiYogurt
I like Hollywood undead, Disturbed, Paramore. :P
huytttr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#102 huytttr
Member since 2007 • 816 Posts

I'm into electronic music currently. Trance, house and drum & bass mostly.

Favorite artists

Glitch Mob
Pendulum
Jaytech
Gareth Emery
Approaching Nirvana
Tantrum Desire
Above and Beyond

agpickle
what house music you into? As for me it's basically Le=Electronic. aphex twin: crystal castles, modestep, flinch, Wolfgang Gartner, daft punk, eric prydz, Tim Mason, Netsky, bloody beets, Gemini, Calvin Harris, HC, Michael Cassette etc etc....mostly dub and electro house.
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#103 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

Noah and the Whale

Mumford and Sons

Sufjan Stevens

Florence + the machine

Metric

Arcade Fire

The National

4dr1el

Based on this, I might say this dude and I have similar (awesome) tastes. Though some of his other choices might be a little rock-y for me. I'm pretty laidback, and so is much of my music.I can do electronic, if it's more along the lines of Radiohead or Apparat.

I prefer alt./indie rock, but I'm pretty picky. The song has to sound great, and the singer must have a unique voice. By that, I don't mean hit all the high notes. I'm slowly getting into Johnny Cash, and I don't love country, but his voice (even in his last two American records) is awesome to listen to. The same goes for Mumford... a poor songwriter, but he sounds great behind a guitar. I hate when singers sound too whiny, or, guh, sound the same. I really like The Shins, but their main singer sounds way too much like a ton of other indie artists.

The National is my be-all, end-all of music, and everything is measured by that bar. I'll probably listen to anything mexicangordo recommends, though.

Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

[QUOTE="4dr1el"]

Noah and the Whale

Mumford and Sons

Sufjan Stevens

Florence + the machine

Metric

Arcade Fire

The National

Sharpie125

Based on this, I might say this dude and I have similar (awesome) tastes. Though some of his other choices might be a little rock-y for me. I'm pretty laidback, and so is much of my music.I can do electronic, if it's more along the lines of Radiohead or Apparat.

I prefer alt./indie rock, but I'm pretty picky. The song has to sound great, and the singer must have a unique voice. By that, I don't mean hit all the high notes. I'm slowly getting into Johnny Cash, and I don't love country, but his voice (even in his last two American records) is awesome to listen to. The same goes for Mumford... a poor songwriter, but he sounds great behind a guitar. I hate when singers sound too whiny, or, guh, sound the same. I really like The Shins, but their main singer sounds way too much like a ton of other indie artists.

The National is my be-all, end-all of music, and everything is measured by that bar. I'll probably listen to anything mexicangordo recommends, though.

Shucks I like the song writing in Mumford and Sons.... :cry:

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

you can see my music list here on last.fm

Lu-Kang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 Lu-Kang
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts

wis3boi
i had no idea Hayley Williams liked H20 :o
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 wis3boi
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Lu-Kang

:lol:
Lu-Kang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Lu-Kang
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts

[QUOTE="Lu-Kang"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

song brings back memories :p www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqnnMtPBh98

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="Lu-Kang"] i had no idea Hayley Williams liked H20 :oLu-Kang

song brings back memories :p www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqnnMtPBh98

/hug
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

[QUOTE="4dr1el"]

Noah and the Whale

Mumford and Sons

Sufjan Stevens

Florence + the machine

Metric

Arcade Fire

The National

Sharpie125

You both are my new friends.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 muller39
[QUOTE="Vuurk"]Avenged Sevenfold Five Finger Death Punch Metallica Rise Against Linkin Park Red Three Days Grace Skillet Hollywood Undead Slipknot and anything Corey Taylor Disturbed Shinedown Theory of a Deadman Chevelle Pretty much anything Rock/Heavy Metal

I like Chevelle. Send the Pain Below is my favorite song of theirs.
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts

2pac

Disturbed

rage against the machine

N.W.A

Wu-tang Clan

metallica

godsmack

xzibit

and a few others that im too lazy to type

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Favorites? Iron Maiden Judas Priest Blind Guardian Bathory Death Agalloch Amon Amarth Symphony X Megadeth Immortal Black Sabbath Burzum Suffocation A lot more...
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 wis3boi

Feels like a Motorhead night

Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
No love for Darkest Hour and Sylosis from the metal fans :( Darkest Hour - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_26oN7NhkQ Sylosis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j_V5TGgUtw
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
[QUOTE="Hockey_Slayer"]No love for Darkest Hour and Sylosis from the metal fans :( Darkest Hour - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_26oN7NhkQ Sylosis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j_V5TGgUtw

too hipster for me
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Sharpie125

Wolf-Man2006

Eh. Usually someone saying something like that to me would make me dig up Sigh No More and reconsider my stance, but... still neh. The thing Marcus Mumford has going for him is that I like the way he delivers his mediocre lyrics :P. I mean, there is definitely worse out there, but most times I feel his choice of rhymes are awful. Some songs it's just less noticeable.

That's kind of why I don't really care for their slower pieces, where it's really simplistic with no big melodic hook. They're at their best when they're strumming really loud, stamping their feet and near-yelling imo. Their album captures their energy and I love that. The National has some fantastic live arrangements, but they're a lot more low-key in the studio.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 muller39

[QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]

Sharpie125

Eh. Usually someone saying something like that to me would make me dig up Sigh No More and reconsider my stance, but... still neh. The thing Marcus Mumford has going for him is that I like the way he delivers his mediocre lyrics :P. I mean, there is definitely worse out there, but most times I feel his choice of rhymes are awful. Some songs it's just less noticeable.

That's kind of why I don't really care for their slower pieces, where it's really simplistic with no big melodic hook. They're at their best when they're strumming really loud, stamping their feet and near-yelling imo. Their album captures their energy and I love that. The National has some fantastic live arrangements, but they're a lot more low-key in the studio.

Sharpie do you like the Decemberists?
tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I mostly listen to rock, jazz, or funk.

Some artists:

Arctic Monkeys

The Beatles

The Black Crowes

The Doobie Brothers

Extreme

Focus

Frank Zappa

Funkadelic

Groover Washington Jr.

Jeff Beck

Jimi Hendrix

John Scofield

Miles Davis

Steely Dan

Victor Wooten

Gaming4You1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Gaming4You1990
Member since 2012 • 150 Posts

I love listening to everything, whether it's rap, rock, country, classical, or just anything, I will listen to it, only if it sounds good to me... So I am not picky when it comes to genre's.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

I will listen to whatever takes my fancy. Pop, Alternative, Indie Rock, Progressive Rock and many others. These are some of my favorites.

Porcupine Tree

Pink Floyd

King Crimson

The The

Tom Waits

Frank Zappa

Blur

Super Furry Animals

The Beautiful South

Okkervil River

The Who

The Kinks

Calexico

Belle & Sebastian

The Divine Comedy

The Church

Cocteau Twins

David Bowie

The Dear Hunter

The Feelies

Pulp

Red House Painters

Richard Thompson

Siouxsie and the Banshees

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Sharpie125

Sharpie do you like the Decemberists?muller39

I've heard OF them, but I never sat down and really listened to them. Do you wanna pitch 'em to me, let me know where to start? :P

I've had people try to sell me on Editors and Interpol (even Bloc Party) because they have some similarity or just passing resemblance to The National, and while I like a lot of the stuff from the three artists respectively, imo none are as good as TN.

codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 codymcclain14
Avenged Sevenfold Five Finger Death Punch Metallica Rise Against Linkin Park Red Three Days Grace Skillet Hollywood Undead Slipknot and anything Corey Taylor Disturbed Shinedown Theory of a Deadman Chevelle Pretty much anything Rock/Heavy MetalVuurk
I like nearly every band listed. :D
Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
[QUOTE="freek666"][QUOTE="Hockey_Slayer"]No love for Darkest Hour and Sylosis from the metal fans :( Darkest Hour - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_26oN7NhkQ Sylosis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j_V5TGgUtw

too hipster for me

Please tell me how that is hipster??
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]Metal and rock mostly. Some 80's pop. Little rap In order of favorites per genre, not very accurate Dream Theater Dio/Anything with ronnie james Jethro Tull Opeth Sonata Arctica Iron Maiden Pink Floyd Tool Led Zeppelin The Yardbirds Avenged Sevenfold Metallica Megadeth Disturbed Paramore Hey Monday Depeche Mode Tears for fears Billy Joel A flock of Seagulls Genesis Phil Collins Peter Gabriel Hollywood undead Eminem What do you like or dislike?codymcclain14

You really should expand your musical tastes. Those are among the worst on my list :lol:

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Iron Maiden

Portishead

Megadeth

The sword

Pelican

Animasl as Leaders

If These Trees Could Talk

AC/DC

Tool

Ghost Brigade

Audioslave

Epica

Black Sabbath

Jimi Hendrix

The Offspring

Sun Kil Moon

Rage Against the Machine

Symphony X

Dozer

Im also a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls soundtracks. The music just makes the game soo much better and its about the only classical music I listen to.

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

Metal(core)

Amon Amarth

A Day To Remember.

Devil Wears Prada.

August Burns Red.

Avenged Sevenfold.

As I Lay Dying.

Five Finger Death Punch.

Disturbed.

Linkin Park.

All That Remains.

We Came As Romans.

and I'm in love with Nighwish right now. That's not all, but I copy pasted someone elses list because it was so similar to mine. And country, I like country.

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
yea im not about to list all my favorite artists. The Weeknd, Lupe Fiasco, Black Hippy, A$AP Rocky, old Dance Gavin Dance, Kid Cudi, NIN, Modest Mouse. i could live off those for a long time.
Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

I love John Mayer and Maroon 5, but I listen to other types as well (mostly mainstream?). I guess I kinda like the mellow acoustic, alternative, rock type of music the most.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#132 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

wis3boi
Our compatibility is low. I'm sorry, it'll never work out between us, :(
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

Mainly Modern Hardcore punk

i dont feel like posting all the band names, so heres a decent video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgB1aEln2xI

Lu-Kang
This is what people consider "hardcore punk" ? wow. I think of like minor threat when think of hardcore punk. Not this stuff. Though I do like it. Anyway I personally listen to most types of music. But i'm leaning more towards death metal right now.
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 muller39

[QUOTE="muller39"]Sharpie do you like the Decemberists?Sharpie125

I've heard OF them, but I never sat down and really listened to them. Do you wanna pitch 'em to me, let me know where to start? :P

I've had people try to sell me on Editors and Interpol (even Bloc Party) because they have some similarity or just passing resemblance to The National, and while I like a lot of the stuff from the three artists respectively, imo none are as good as TN.

The Decemberists are indie rock/folk rock. I wouldn't compare them to Mumford and Sons but they are similar to a degree. Picaresque is my favourite album of theirs and the Crane Wife comes a close second. The lyrics in each song are really well done and is a strength of the bands. The Mariners Revenge Song and Engine Driver are my favourite songs of theirs.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#136 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
[QUOTE="Hockey_Slayer"][QUOTE="freek666"][QUOTE="Hockey_Slayer"]No love for Darkest Hour and Sylosis from the metal fans :( Darkest Hour - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_26oN7NhkQ Sylosis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j_V5TGgUtw

too hipster for me

Please tell me how that is hipster??

never heard of them. I tend to listen to a lot of stuff like Pestilential Shadows, Drowning The Light, Ghola, Nazxul, so on and so forth
codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 codymcclain14
[QUOTE="Xeogua"]

Metal(core)

Amon Amarth

A Day To Remember.

Devil Wears Prada.

August Burns Red.

Avenged Sevenfold.

As I Lay Dying.

Five Finger Death Punch.

Disturbed.

Linkin Park.

All That Remains.

We Came As Romans.

and I'm in love with Nighwish right now. That's not all, but I copy pasted someone elses list because it was so similar to mine. And country, I like country.

Good taste, never heard of Amon Amarth though. You like Miss May I?
codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 codymcclain14

[QUOTE="codymcclain14"][QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]Metal and rock mostly. Some 80's pop. Little rap In order of favorites per genre, not very accurate Dream Theater Dio/Anything with ronnie james Jethro Tull Opeth Sonata Arctica Iron Maiden Pink Floyd Tool Led Zeppelin The Yardbirds Avenged Sevenfold Metallica Megadeth Disturbed Paramore Hey Monday Depeche Mode Tears for fears Billy Joel A flock of Seagulls Genesis Phil Collins Peter Gabriel Hollywood undead Eminem What do you like or dislike?YoshiYogurt

You really should expand your musical tastes. Those are among the worst on my list :lol:

Nah, I enjoy my taste. :P And I just noticed I forgot to include Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica from your list. :P
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 VanHelsingBoA64
[QUOTE="Sharpie125"]

[QUOTE="muller39"]Sharpie do you like the Decemberists?muller39

The Decemberists are indie rock/folk rock. I wouldn't compare them to Mumford and Sons but they are similar to a degree. Picaresque is my favourite album of theirs and the Crane Wife comes a close second. The lyrics in each song are really well done and is a strength of the bands. The Mariners Revenge Song and Engine Driver are my favourite songs of theirs.

I used to like their song On the Bus Mall. Until I found it was about two guys who sucked dicks for a living. But they're still probably the best folk bands right now. My favorite track by them is a toss up between July, July and 16 Military Wives.
Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

[QUOTE="Xeogua"]

Metal(core)

Amon Amarth

A Day To Remember.

Devil Wears Prada.

August Burns Red.

Avenged Sevenfold.

As I Lay Dying.

Five Finger Death Punch.

Disturbed.

Linkin Park.

All That Remains.

We Came As Romans.

codymcclain14

I've heard of them, I've never listened to them though. And Amon Amarth is a great death metal band. And it was your list I copied.

codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 codymcclain14
[QUOTE="Xeogua"]

[QUOTE="codymcclain14"][QUOTE="Xeogua"]

Metal(core)

Amon Amarth

A Day To Remember.

Devil Wears Prada.

August Burns Red.

Avenged Sevenfold.

As I Lay Dying.

Five Finger Death Punch.

Disturbed.

Linkin Park.

All That Remains.

We Came As Romans.

I've heard of them, I've never listened to them though. And Amon Amarth is a great death metal band. And it was your list I copied.

Nice, I'll look them up sometime. you should look up the song "Forgive and Forget" by Miss May I, whenever you have the chance.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#142 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I'm a country music listener. My favorites are, Garth Brooks, George Straight, Zac Brown and Dierks Bentley.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]

[QUOTE="codymcclain14"] I like Hollywood undead, Disturbed, Paramore. :P codymcclain14

Nah, I enjoy my taste. :P And I just noticed I forgot to include Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica from your list. :P

Ooh, Hmm, Well if you into metalcore(not for me) or death metal, I'd wholeheartedly recommended Opeth. They are just about the only death metal I can stand to listen too. It's a genre I normally dislike, but they've managed to take something even I didn't like and do it extremely well. As you move towards more recent releases, the death metal sound starts to fade which is great in my opinion, as I much prefer his soft singing voice.
Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#144 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

VanHelsingBoA64

Great list.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 muller39

[QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="Sharpie125"]

VanHelsingBoA64

I used to like their song On the Bus Mall. Until I found it was about two guys who sucked dicks for a living. But they're still probably the best folk bands right now. My favorite track by them is a toss up between July, July and 16 Military Wives.

I didn't know that about that certain song. I agree that they are the best folk band right now.

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Sharpie125

[QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="Sharpie125"]

VanHelsingBoA64

That made me laugh. Thanks, I'll check them out this weekend.

I know I made a big deal about lyrics, but when it comes down to it, I just prefer sound/texture over all. Just as long as the lyrics aren't Bieber-bad (like the last Coldplay album), I'll be cool with it.

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Sharpie125

I didn't know that about that certain song. I agree that they are the best folk band right now.

muller39

Your perception of them has now been damaged irreparably :P.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#148 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

My tastes are comprised mostly of rap/hip hop. Arists I like off the top of my head:

1. Tyler, the Creator
  2. Tribe Called Quest
  3. De La Soul
  4. Busta Rhymes
  5. Wu Tang Clan
  6. Def Squad
  7. Eminem
  8. Jin
  9. Jay Z
  10. Tupac
  11. Notorious B.I.G.
  12. The Clipse
  13. Masta Ace
  14. Camp Lo
  15. Digable Planets
  16. Tech N9ne
  17. KRS-One
  18. Fat Joe (pre-2005)
  19. Big Pun
  20. Nas
  21. Royce Da 5'9"
  22. Canibus
  23. Wyclef Jean
  24. Kanye West
  25. Common
  26. Lupe Fiasco
  27. The Roots
  28. Ice Cube
  29. Redman
  30. DJ Quik

I think that covers a lot of different areas of rap that I listen to.

VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 VanHelsingBoA64

[QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"]

Dystopian-X

Great list.