Latest Snowden Poll Results: 55% Say Whistleblower; 34% Say Traitor

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="ScottMescudi"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"] Of course, but doesn't that break the 4th Amendment?

You don't know that they looked at your specific data. It's just pure speculation.

So the patriotic act is pure speculation huh? I hope you don't watch Faux news or the other mainstream garbage.

What are you even talking about?
SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 SwagSurf
Member since 2009 • 3022 Posts
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] And do you have proof that they've read all YOUR data?

Yes let me just break into the NSA along with the Utah Data center and find my files ;) NSA Will Be Collecting Verizon Customers Phone Records Daily Until July 19 http://www.webpronews.com/nsa-will-be-collecting-verizon-customers-phone-records-daily-until-july-19-2013-06

neato, with no proof you have no standing.

What makes you think that there's no proof that the NSA is spying on you? How can I find Government files for you. How did Edward Snowden/Bradley Manning get brought up in the first place? Keep telling yourself that the Government isn't watching you. Verizon even admitted to complying with the NSA over phone calls, data, messages, and emails. If you don't want to hear facts, then keep surrounding yourself in that bubble.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"] Yes let me just break into the NSA along with the Utah Data center and find my files ;) NSA Will Be Collecting Verizon Customers Phone Records Daily Until July 19 http://www.webpronews.com/nsa-will-be-collecting-verizon-customers-phone-records-daily-until-july-19-2013-06

neato, with no proof you have no standing.

What makes you think that there's no proof that the NSA is spying on you? How can I find Government files for you. How did Edward Snowden/Bradley Manning get brought up in the first place? Keep telling yourself that the Government isn't watching you. Verizon even admitted to complying with the NSA over phone calls, data, messages, and emails. If you don't want to hear facts, then keep surrounding yourself in that bubble.

When did I keep telling myself that the government isn't watching me?
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 DroidPhysX
This is as bad as the times OT spam posts "both parties are the same".
SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 SwagSurf
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] neato, with no proof you have no standing.

You kept telling yourself that with the previous comments.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]i don't trust people that play with the lives of others for ideals.Laihendi
Your entire political philosophy is based on controlling the lives of others for the sake of your ideals.

no there is a difference between the state and the individual.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"] What makes you think that there's no proof that the NSA is spying on you? How can I find Government files for you. How did Edward Snowden/Bradley Manning get brought up in the first place? Keep telling yourself that the Government isn't watching you. Verizon even admitted to complying with the NSA over phone calls, data, messages, and emails. If you don't want to hear facts, then keep surrounding yourself in that bubble.

Show me where I used the exact wording.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

the only person in danger is hismelf

mrbojangles25

Uh, no. Say what you will about the government in general, but the people working with them are still people. Just like anyone else.

who did he put in danger?

Not like he leaked CIA secrets about specific agents in critical areas *coughScooterLibbycoughcough*

yet, he could anytime he wants.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Not like he leaked CIA secrets about specific agents in critical areas *coughScooterLibbycoughcough*

BossPerson

With the amount of information he has, likely a lot of people. I especially don't trust him after he said he joined the NSA ONLY for that reason.

List some specific dangers that some people could be in because of his leaks.

federal agents and their families.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Uh, no. Say what you will about the government in general, but the people working with them are still people. Just like anyone else.frannkzappa

well call me if he does
SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SwagSurf

[QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] When did I keep telling myself that the government isn't watching me?DroidPhysX

"You don't know that they looked at your specific data. It's just pure speculation."

"neato, with no proof you have no standing."

This is not speculation too 

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]With the amount of information he has, likely a lot of people. I especially don't trust him after he said he joined the NSA ONLY for that reason.

frannkzappa

List some specific dangers that some people could be in because of his leaks.

proof?
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

BossPerson

well call me if he does

nice to see you don't care about the safety of others as long as you get a little "freedom".

if this man really cared about the whole prism thing why did he steal laptops of unrelated government data.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]List some specific dangers that some people could be in because of his leaks. BossPerson

proof?

i've linked it several times.

snowden himself has said he has knowledge of the location of federal agents, their missions, their families and their safe houses.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"] You kept telling yourself that with the previous comments. SwagSurf

"You don't know that they looked at your specific data. It's just pure speculation."

I don't see anything that says "I keep telling myself that the government isn't watching".
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

frannkzappa

proof?

snowden himself has said he has knowledge of the location of federal agents, their missions, their families and their safe houses.

did he leak that info? I'm not sure why he would take laptops of allegedly "unrelated info" but he hasnt leaked any of that info
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]proof? BossPerson

did he leak that info? I'm not sure why he would take laptops of allegedly "unrelated info" but he hasnt leaked any of that info

who says he hasn't?

by your logic he could be carrying around nukes, but nobody should be worried because he hasn't blown anything up yet. keep living in your "it will never happen to me" universe.

SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 SwagSurf

[QUOTE="SwagSurf"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Show me where I used the exact wording.DroidPhysX

I don't see anything that says "I keep telling myself that the government isn't watching".

I'll bold it for you.

can-you-hear-me-NSA.jpg

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"]

SwagSurf

I'll bold it for you.

can-you-hear-me-NSA.jpg

your reading comprehension is terrible.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="SwagSurf"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] I don't see anything that says "I keep telling myself that the government isn't watching".frannkzappa

I'll bold it for you.

can-you-hear-me-NSA.jpg

your reading comprehension is terrible.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 BossPerson

frannkzappa

who says he hasn't?

by your logic he could be carrying around nukes, but nobody should be worried because he hasn't blown anything up yet. keep living in your "it will never happen to me" universe.

well he either has or hasnt leaked them. you cant seem to link anything saying he has

I remember your initial objection to this guy was simply the fact that he outed the NSA (then again, most already knew what they were doing). But now, it seems your objection has shifted to his imaginary and hypothetical leaking of the locations of federal agents.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"] He gave up everything in order to inform you of what your government is doing. His job. His 200k salary. His girlfriend. His family. His life. All for getting on the news? You're right there's ideals at play here, though. He believes the people should know about this, and he's willing to destroy his entire life for it. I've great admiration for such a man.

To be fair, plenty of people give up everything for absolutely stupid reasons. I once knew a dude who gave up everything for a cocaine orgy with some $20 hookers.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]did he leak that info? I'm not sure why he would take laptops of allegedly "unrelated info" but he hasnt leaked any of that info BossPerson

who says he hasn't?

well he either has or hasnt leaked them. you cant seem to link anything saying he has

I remember your initial objection to this guy was simply the fact that he outed the NSA (then again, most already knew what they were doing). But now, it seems your objection has shifted to his imaginary and hypothetical leaking of the locations of federal agents.

no, i simply view it as illegal. i did not support the actions of the NSA as of now, as their program doesn't seem to have even been successfull in any meaningful way.

my problem with snowden is the other information he stole, which points to the fact that he did this for his own gain. if all he did was reveal the NSA program and then let himself face charges after doing goo, i would view the man much differently.

Do you really not see the risk of him holding this sensitive data? why would he steal it if he wasn't going to blackmail the government or sell it?

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

who says he hasn't?

frannkzappa

no, i simply view it as illegal. i did not support the actions of the NSA as of now, as their program doesn't seem to have even been successfull in any meaningful way.

my problem with snowden is the other information he stole, which points to the fact that he did this for his own gain. if all he did was reveal the NSA program and then let himself face charges after doing goo, i would view the man much differently.

Do you really not see the risk of him holding this sensitive data? why would he steal it if he wasn't going to blackmail the government or sell it?

It's a possibility, but I'll change my opinion of him when he actually causes harm to US citizens (or any civilians, including the family of the federal agents he allegedly knows the location of) As for having him face charges? Are you going to blame someone for not wanting to go to prison for how ever many years, probably decades.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]well he either has or hasnt leaked them. you cant seem to link anything saying he has

BossPerson

It's a possibility, but I'll change my opinion of him when he actually causes harm to US citizens (or any civilians, including the family of the federal agents he allegedly knows the location of) As for having him face charges? Are you going to blame someone for not wanting to go to prison for how ever many years, probably decades.

Yes, if he doen't have the courage to do the right thing than i can not call him a hero. what he did was illegal he should face charges. either way he already got the information out. what happened to him should have been irrelevant.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

who says he hasn't?

frannkzappa

Then why didn't he do that from the beginning? Why appear on news shows and explain his rationale? Why not sell the info he has from jump?
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]well he either has or hasnt leaked them. you cant seem to link anything saying he has

thebest31406

Then why didn't he do that from the beginning? Why appear on news shows and explain his rationale? Why not sell the info he has from jump?

Why steal several laptops of unrelated sensitive data?

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 thebest31406

[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

frannkzappa

hmm...why did he do that?
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="thebest31406"] Then why didn't he do that from the beginning? Why appear on news shows and explain his rationale? Why not sell the info he has from jump?thebest31406

probably because he isn't the hero everyone wants him to be, just an average selfish idiot.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
http://apps.opendatacity.de/stasi-vs-nsa/english.html lulz
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 thebest31406

frannkzappa

probably because he isn't the hero everyone wants him to be, just an average selfish idiot.

Well whatever his intentions were, the people know how they're being monitored and that's a good thing. I don't imagine a greedy, selfish person would show his face on Guardian and Democracy Now knowing the kind of trouble he would be in. But if the info he has doesn't pertain to the privacy violation of Americans, then he should submit back to the US
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

it will be a good movie, i think ill go see it

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="thebest31406"] hmm...why did he do that?thebest31406

Well whatever his intentions were, the people know how they're being monitored and that's a good thing. I don't imagine a greedy, selfish person would show his face on Guardian and Democracy Now knowing the kind of trouble he would be in. But if the info he has doesn't pertain to the privacy violation of Americans, then he should submit back to the US

For all we know the NSA leak was just a PR boost to get him public support so he can do what he wants with the other info he stole.

but that is speculation.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 BossPerson

frannkzappa

For all we know the NSA leak was just a PR boost to get him public support so he can do what he wants with the other info he stole.

but that is speculation.

logic would dictate that if he was out to get rich or wanting to "better himself" then he would sell the information discreetly, not give it to the guardian
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="thebest31406"] Well whatever his intentions were, the people know how they're being monitored and that's a good thing. I don't imagine a greedy, selfish person would show his face on Guardian and Democracy Now knowing the kind of trouble he would be in. But if the info he has doesn't pertain to the privacy violation of Americans, then he should submit back to the USBossPerson

but that is speculation.

logic would dictate that if he was out to get rich or wanting to "better himself" then he would sell the information discreetly, not give it to the guardian

he hasn't given anything to the guardian besides the NSA stuff...

he has multiple laptops of information he could be selling right now.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 thebest31406
[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="thebest31406"] Well whatever his intentions were, the people know how they're being monitored and that's a good thing. I don't imagine a greedy, selfish person would show his face on Guardian and Democracy Now knowing the kind of trouble he would be in. But if the info he has doesn't pertain to the privacy violation of Americans, then he should submit back to the USBossPerson

but that is speculation.

Exactly. That makes no sense; what man who wants to 'get rich quick' would donate the info to the guardian.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 frannkzappa

but that is speculation.

thebest31406

Exactly. That makes no sense; what man who wants to 'get rich quick' would donate the info to the guardian.

he didn't give all his information to the guardian just the NSA stuff.

Again he has several laptops of unrelated data.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Hope he ends up dead after this. He f*cked us over in our relations with China. China has been hacking us for a while, and they were starting to back off, but now after snowden they're just right back at it, and won't back off. If anything this means our intelligence agencies now have to have more resources. 

On top of that, he doesn't give a shit about human rights. He seeks asylum in countries with the worst human rights records in the world. What a f*cking hypocrite.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

but that is speculation.

thebest31406

In a way it makes sense. Due to the NSA leaks Snowden is so popular he could probably run for president and win at this point (assuming a warrant for his arrest wasn't active).

If it later came out that he sold the names and locations of undercover agents to al Qaeda most people would dismiss it as a smear campaign to discredit him, just like every other negative piece of news that has came out about him in the past month. All people will concentrate on is that he outed the NSA's surveillance programs.

But then again, maybe he underestimated how popular he would become from the leaks. If he came on the net today and asked for all of his supporters to donate ten bucks for his defense and incidental expenses most would comply and he would be rich without selling a single piece of information.

Regardless of Mr. Snowden's overall intentions just possessing the information is bad. Even if his only intention is to use it as insurance against the government that doesn't mean he can't be kidnapped and forced to hand it over. It's not like he is an anonymous courier like most government officials transporting Top Secret information; his face is all over the planet.

Even if he doesn't have any other classified information on his person his knowledge of classified government networks could possibly be exploited with hackers trying to find a way to break into them. At that point, if they are successful in breaking into a government network it's not just about embarrassing US policies, it's about vital intelligence or military information being put at risk.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 thebest31406

[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]logic would dictate that if he was out to get rich or wanting to "better himself" then he would sell the information discreetly, not give it to the guardian ad1x2

In a way it makes sense. Due to the NSA leaks Snowden is so popular he could probably run for president and win at this point (assuming a warrant for his arrest wasn't active).

If it later came out that he sold the names and locations of undercover agents to al Qaeda most people would dismiss it as a smear campaign to discredit him, just like every other negative piece of news that has came out about him in the past month. All people will concentrate on is that he outed the NSA's surveillance programs.

But then again, maybe he underestimated how popular he would become from the leaks. If he came on the net today and asked for all of his supporters to donate ten bucks for his defense and incidental expenses most would comply and he would be rich without selling a single piece of information.

Regardless of Mr. Snowden's overall intentions just possessing the information is bad. Even if his only intention is to use it as insurance against the government that doesn't mean he can't be kidnapped and forced to hand it over. It's not like he is an anonymous courier like most government officials transporting Top Secret information; his face is all over the planet.

Even if he doesn't have any other classified information on his person his knowledge of classified government networks could possibly be exploited with hackers trying to find a way to break into them. At that point, if they are successful in breaking into a government network it's not just about embarrassing US policies, it's about vital intelligence or military information being put at risk.

Well, anything's possible but regardless of the dozens of possibilities, we shouldn't jump to conclusions out of fear of what could happen. That said, if he has info which isn't related to violations from governments then he should hand it over. Although, we don't know what he has; he could have evidence regarding certain crimes. But if so, why hasn't he revealed them? *sigh* so many questions...
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 BossPerson

Hope he ends up dead after this. He f*cked us over in our relations with China. China has been hacking us for a while, and they were starting to back off, but now after snowden they're just right back at it, and won't back off. If anything this means our intelligence agencies now have to have more resources. 

On top of that, he doesn't give a shit about human rights. He seeks asylum in countries with the worst human rights records in the world. What a f*cking hypocrite.

MakeMeaSammitch
all the countries with "good human rights records" are western countries and wouldnt do anything to go against america.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Well, anything's possible but regardless of the dozens of possibilities, we shouldn't jump to conclusions out of fear of what could happen. That said, if he has info which isn't related to violations from governments then he should hand it over. Although, we don't know what he has; he could have evidence regarding certain crimes. But if so, why hasn't he revealed them? *sigh* so many questions...thebest31406

It still isn't safe for him and that isn't something that can be dismissed. Most of Mr. Snowden's supporters are scared the government will find him so they can make an "accident" happen. I'll give them more credit than that, Snowden is so popular people may riot if they even suspect the US government assassinated him. The terrorists on the other hand are only concerned with the information they can extract from him if captured. Taking asylum in a country hostile to the US is more risky than if he came back here.

If he worked for the CIA for a few years he probably knows other Top Secret information he could give up under torture; it isn't like they can give you the Men in Black treatment before you leave so you can't talk. The last time I was read off of a sensitive assignment I signed a piece of paper stating I wouldn't talk about unauthorized subjects and was sent on my merry way. It wasn't anything that big of a deal but the point was pretty much made that the first rule of Fight Club applies in that situation.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 thebest31406

[QUOTE="thebest31406"]Well, anything's possible but regardless of the dozens of possibilities, we shouldn't jump to conclusions out of fear of what could happen. That said, if he has info which isn't related to violations from governments then he should hand it over. Although, we don't know what he has; he could have evidence regarding certain crimes. But if so, why hasn't he revealed them? *sigh* so many questions...ad1x2

It still isn't safe for him and that isn't something that can be dismissed. Most of Mr. Snowden's supporters are scared the government will find him so they can make an "accident" happen. I'll give them more credit than that, Snowden is so popular people may riot if they even suspect the US government assassinated him. The terrorists on the other hand are only concerned with the information they can extract from him if captured. Taking asylum in a country hostile to the US is more risky than if he came back here.

If he worked for the CIA for a few years he probably knows other Top Secret information he could give up under torture; it isn't like they can give you the Men in Black treatment before you leave so you can't talk. The last time I was read off of a sensitive assignment I signed a piece of paper stating I wouldn't talk about unauthorized subjects and was sent on my merry way. It wasn't anything that big of a deal but the point was pretty much made that the first rule of Fight Club applies in that situation.

So far there have been talks of Russia and Venezuela offering asylum. These countries don't have a US/UK relationship but they're far from hostile.
Avatar image for AbstractRadical
AbstractRadical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 AbstractRadical
Member since 2013 • 632 Posts
Snowden is a traitor and he deserves to be brought to justice.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

MakeMeaSammitch
Yeah go to those countries with good human rights records that would hand him off to the U.S instantly
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

Person0

Yeah go to those countries with good human rights records that would hand him off to the U.S instantly

well he should be handed over to the US.

he already released the appropriate information. now he should face the consequences before someone innocent is hurt.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="Person0"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

frannkzappa

he already released the appropriate information. now he should face the consequences before someone innocent is hurt.

He sure as hell ain't gonna get a fair trial here so, no he shouldn't

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="Person0"] Yeah go to those countries with good human rights records that would hand him off to the U.S instantlyPerson0

He sure as hell ain't gonna get a fair trial here so, no he shouldn't

say's who.

he does not deserve to do what he wants with sensitive information that can endanger innocents.