Is there any hope left in America?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

Or am I mislead by your media?

It seems that the candidates for President are getting worse, and the country is going down with all these problems, I'll miss America.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts
Nothing to miss...the US isn't going anywhere.:|
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

This is a rather vague thread.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

Nope. We're just all sitting around being miserable.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
You're being mislead by the media, though a lot of people are discouraged by what's going on. Mostly the perceived problem is that everyone in Washington seems out of touch and shouldn't have ended up in this big of a money hole in the first place, the President is acting like a candidate now, and the Republicans don't seem to have anyone that people think would make a legitimately good President. Generally people are just getting on with life though. They're not as defeatist as the sensationalists with cameras would like to make the world think.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

Nope, we're all doomed. Just like when they predicted a second US depression that would be on the same scale as in 1929. Or that we'd be paying $8 a gallon by this time, back in 2006. Yup, the media knows how to tell it like it is, and is totally devoid of fear-mongering that relies on knee-jerk reactions.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Theres a lot of hope for America. There is always hope.
stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stevoqwerty

You're being mislead by the media, though a lot of people are discouraged by what's going on. Mostly the perceived problem is that everyone in Washington seems out of touch and shouldn't have ended up in this big of a money hole in the first place, the President is acting like a candidate now, and the Republicans don't seem to have anyone that people think would make a legitimately good President. Generally people are just getting on with life though. They're not as defeatist as the sensationalists with cameras would like to make the world think.MAILER_DAEMON

Well let's hope it won't because I really want to move to Nashville, TN.

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
yes its gonna get a lot worse. but europe and australia is on a similar path. and america is still the home of homer simpson and mcdonalds
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Stop whining :roll:
xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts

No we'll still be here, but I don't think some "partiots" could handle us being number 2 from now on. We've had our run, now its time for someone else to step up to the plate and become the new self-appointed world leaders.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic

No we'll still be here, but I don't think some "partiots" could handle us being number 2 from now on. We've had our run, now its time for someone else to step up to the plate and become the new self-appointed world leaders.

xXTalismanXx
Not many countries out there I'd want to be that for humane reasons.....
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58484 Posts

lol I was not aware we were going anywhere...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrbojangles25

You're being mislead by the media, though a lot of people are discouraged by what's going on. Mostly the perceived problem is that everyone in Washington seems out of touch and shouldn't have ended up in this big of a money hole in the first place, the President is acting like a candidate now, and the Republicans don't seem to have anyone that people think would make a legitimately good President. Generally people are just getting on with life though. They're not as defeatist as the sensationalists with cameras would like to make the world think.MAILER_DAEMON

pretty much this.

I really do not understand why the media needs to be so cynical, pessimistic, and sensationalist. I guess it sells?

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Like all countries in the world, people remember the good things about the past and focus on the bad things in the present. The U.S. standard of living could be shooting up like a rocket and you would still have people reminiscing about the good old days where people were apparently honest, friendly and moral, like World War 2.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]You're being mislead by the media, though a lot of people are discouraged by what's going on. Mostly the perceived problem is that everyone in Washington seems out of touch and shouldn't have ended up in this big of a money hole in the first place, the President is acting like a candidate now, and the Republicans don't seem to have anyone that people think would make a legitimately good President. Generally people are just getting on with life though. They're not as defeatist as the sensationalists with cameras would like to make the world think.stevoqwerty

Massive stab in the dark, but I am going to assume that is due to the lovely Miss Taylor Swift?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

yes its gonna get a lot worse. but europe and australia is on a similar path. and america is still the home of homer simpson and mcdonaldslloveLamp

That's certainly something we can take pride in.

xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xXTalismanXx

[QUOTE="xXTalismanXx"]

No we'll still be here, but I don't think some "patriots" could handle us being number 2 from now on. We've had our run, now its time for someone else to step up to the plate and become the new self-appointed world leaders.

LJS9502_basic

I agree with you there, but it seems to me about 10 minutes to midnight for America. I really hope we're given second chance.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

I'm sure there was a time when people thought Britian was doomed, it's still chugging along alright though.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I really do not understand why the media needs to be so cynical, pessimistic, and sensationalist. I guess it sells?

mrbojangles25

I don't think they are pessimistic enough actually. Well, from the crap Yahoo has on their front page anyways. Most of the media is obsessed with celebrity and Sarah Palin's every move and bowel movement.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
The US has already entered gravitational field of the Black Hole of Implosion
stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stevoqwerty

[QUOTE="stevoqwerty"]

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]You're being mislead by the media, though a lot of people are discouraged by what's going on. Mostly the perceived problem is that everyone in Washington seems out of touch and shouldn't have ended up in this big of a money hole in the first place, the President is acting like a candidate now, and the Republicans don't seem to have anyone that people think would make a legitimately good President. Generally people are just getting on with life though. They're not as defeatist as the sensationalists with cameras would like to make the world think.chaoscougar1

Massive stab in the dark, but I am going to assume that is due to the lovely Miss Taylor Swift?

How did you... it's the sig, right?

Avatar image for XiaolinPrincess
XiaolinPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 XiaolinPrincess
Member since 2006 • 7907 Posts
I'm an American and I see no hope. After I finish schooling, I am on the next plane out of this country.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
I'm an American and I see no hope. After I finish schooling, I am on the next plane out of this country.XiaolinPrincess
Where exactly?
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="XiaolinPrincess"]I'm an American and I see no hope. After I finish schooling, I am on the next plane out of this country.GazaAli
Where exactly?

Zimbabwe, I have heard their economy is thriving
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

well i live just north of the border.. when it falls off the map ill be sure to let you know which way it circles the drain mmk :P

stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stevoqwerty

[QUOTE="XiaolinPrincess"]I'm an American and I see no hope. After I finish schooling, I am on the next plane out of this country.GazaAli
Where exactly?

Come to the land down under, Christmas in summer time is how we roll. Though I do miss those cold Christmas, that's also one of the main reason why I want to move to Nashville.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Or am I mislead by your media?

It seems that the candidates for President are getting worse, and the country is going down with all these problems, I'll miss America.

stevoqwerty

pretty much the same as every country.

drokmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 drokmore
Member since 2005 • 1863 Posts
Man dont sweat it, if you look at history, the politics of the us were crazy with massive bipartisanship way more intense then now, candidates that were corrupt (even more so then now), theres always a war on in general, so Id say nothing has really changed except we have so many media outlets and up to the second knowledge of this junk where in the past they were more ignorant. I see hope in people anyway everyday, thats were a true countries spirit is.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I don't think the US will dissapear, it will just become less relevant. Although some of the problems are worrying like the increasing gap between rich and poor which basically hints that the standard of living in the US will probably decrease quite a bit and I don't think americans will take that kindly. Although they will probably overcome it and achieve a more stable society eventually. The truth is the capitalist/democratic model the US has promoted is a failure and the world is starting to realize that, sooner or later there are going to be some big changes... for the good hopefully.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

We'll go the way of Great Britain. Still around but less relevant.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#32 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Nothing to miss...the US isn't going anywhere.:|LJS9502_basic
Yes it is...

It's drifting west.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

xXTalismanXx

You'd be comfortable with China being number one? We have our problems, but we don't even compare to how crummy China is.

And the European Union can't even take care of it's own nations, what do you want them to do with the world?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

FFCYAN

I don't think they are pessimistic enough actually. Well, from the crap Yahoo has on their front page anyways. Most of the media is obsessed with celebrity and Sarah Palin's every move and bowel movement.

being told the world is a horrible place and we should be scared of it every 10 minutes is not negative enough for you?

:shock:

damn

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Man, even French trolls are invading OT! THERE IS NO MOAR HOPEEEEE
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
US won't disappear, but rather it will ever recover and get out of debt or not is another story.....
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
This is the 21st century.. There should never be a "self appointed" leader of the world.. We are all interconnected economically in one way or the other for all the developed world.. US foriegn policy is a relic of the 20th century.. Continuing policies that were done during the Cold War and are not needed any more.. The US does not need 9 aircraft carriers when the closest "threat" there is, is a bunch of gurrilla groups.. This was only seen as relevant when the USSR was seen as a threat, and another military super power..
xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xXTalismanXx

[QUOTE="xXTalismanXx"]

airshocker

You'd be comfortable with China being number one? We have our problems, but we don't even compare to how crummy China is.

And the European Union can't even take care of it's own nations, what do you want them to do with the world?

No I would'nt, but It happens to every superpower in the world. Rome, Spain, Great Britain etc. Its sad to say it, but I think its almost time. Because we have 435 angendas' in the house and none them want to work together to remedy the economy, we'll be heading straight down that path with no bumps on the road whatsoever.

HexedPelican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HexedPelican
Member since 2011 • 590 Posts
America is going no where, we are just in a slump.
whet40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 whet40
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="xXTalismanXx"]

No we'll still be here, but I don't think some "patriots" could handle us being number 2 from now on. We've had our run, now its time for someone else to step up to the plate and become the new self-appointed world leaders.

xXTalismanXx

I agree with you there, but it seems to me about 10 minutes to midnight for America. I really hope we're given second chance.

At least its not two minutes to midnight

gijooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gijooo
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

lol theres always something going on with these guys,but as long as it doesn't effect me, im good to go

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

mrbojangles25

being told the world is a horrible place and we should be scared of it every 10 minutes is not negative enough for you?

:shock:

damn

Life isn't a crystal box of roses and sunshine. I don't take the media's every word in the first place. They can't be trusted.

attorihanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 attorihanzo
Member since 2003 • 587 Posts

airshocker

No one said they're going to be the best place to live, just that they will have the larger economy and military. Does not matter how crummy they are.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

There is plenty of hope and contrary to what the fear mongering media would like you to believe, there actually are positive things still happening in the world.

Of course those positive things aren't sensational and don't make for good television commercial lead in material so they just get swept under the rug. I mean if it isn't going to further the "scare people back into their homes" agenda why would they bother talking about it?

The media, regardless of which "wing" you are from are nothing more than negativity cultivating blowhards who would sooner lie to your face than tell the truth in the event that the lie was more news worthy.

Want to inject some positivity and "hope" back into your life? Turn the ****ing TV off.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

attorihanzo

No one said they're going to be the best place to live, just that they will have the larger economy and military. Does not matter how crummy they are.

I'm not sure why everyone says this. For one thing their economy is intertwined with other countries like the US. And bigger military in terms of number of bodies? Not necessarily the most effective....
attorihanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 attorihanzo
Member since 2003 • 587 Posts

[QUOTE="attorihanzo"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

LJS9502_basic

I'm not sure why everyone says this. For one thing their economy is intertwined with other countries like the US. And bigger military in terms of number of bodies? Not necessarily the most effective....

Of course they're connected to the world economy they'll just have the largest share of it and also i didn't say anything about a bigger military being more effective i doubt China will get involved in large scale conflicts anyway.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="attorihanzo"]

attorihanzo

Of course they're connected to the world economy they'll just have the largest share of it and also i didn't say anything about a bigger military being more effective i doubt China will get involved in large scale conflicts anyway.

Yeah but when it's a global economy...it can't be credited to only one country.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

This isn't even close to the worst period of political leadership the United States has ever had.

Even the worst president of the past 20 years, no matter who your political views lead you to think that is, is a better president than the best president of the Gilded Age/Post-Reconstruction era.

This country goes through cycles where political leadership seems completely absent. This is just the ass end of one of those.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
I keep hearing people say they want America back,I still don't know what the hell they mean by that
shemrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 shemrom
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts

Unfortunately I am starting to lose hope.

It's not focus solely on our government but rather America and the world as whole.

Gas is up, Food is up, pricing on pretty much on the standers of living is up...way up from back in the day.

Everything is becoming more costly, and our paychecks income is decreasing with more of our hard work money going to pay for bills that are still increasing their prices.

Remember back in the day, where parents could actually pay out of pocket to get their sons to collage. Milk and break was like 25cents and gas was at like 1 dollar a gallon and such and people could buy their own homes after leaving out on their own for the first time with ease, and actually get good jobs. My bothers would most likely be dishwashers and servers for quite some time because it cost so much money to go to a school to get training for a job they might want to try.

Rent must have been very cheap back then too.

The riots in the Middle East are fuel by many things, but the cost of living there is one of the main focus factors. China going to have a very big meltdown with its housing renting apartment market soon, and North Korea having a major food shorted. Acutely food shortages is rather getting larger, and where their shortages, there's price increases. With all the natural disasters were having here in the states, FEMA starting to run out of money, and if we get another event like Katrina, there will be no way we could pay for costs and repairs for another destroy city.

Ehh, the world outcome isn't looking good, at least for me....yet i still keep optimist that they will eventfully get their crap together and do the right things before something of a global catastrophe happen(ECT: WarWorld 3)