Is Stephen Colbert really running for President?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
I'm not sure if this is a joke or if he actually is running for President.
Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Darth_Tyrev
Member since 2005 • 7072 Posts
He is, but as a joke. It's not actually possible for him to win. So, yes and no.
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Funkdaddy13
Member since 2003 • 8930 Posts
What would be the most reasonable answer? :|
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
I wouldnt be surprised if he actually won.....
dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dlp21
Member since 2003 • 2116 Posts
He is, in the state of SC only, which basically means he can't win because he isn't on any other states ballots, but it would be funny as hell if he won in SC. It just shows that we would rather trust a comedian with our country then any DEM/REP politician. Although I do like Obama a lot more then any candidate since Gore. Gosh I wish Gore would run
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zero5000X

He is, in the state of SC only, which basically means he can't win because he isn't on any other states ballots, but it would be funny as hell if he won in SC. It just shows that we would rather trust a comedian with our country then any DEM/REP politician. Although I do like Obama a lot more then any candidate since Gore. Gosh I wish Gore would rundlp21

so couldn't he just get on other state's ballots?

Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Funkdaddy13
Member since 2003 • 8930 Posts
He is, in the state of SC only, which basically means he can't win because he isn't on any other states ballots, but it would be funny as hell if he won in SC. It just shows that we would rather trust a comedian with our country then any DEM/REP politician. Although I do like Obama a lot more then any candidate since Gore. Gosh I wish Gore would rundlp21
Gore FTW
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts

Zero5000X

It wouldn't even matter if he did.

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts

I wouldnt be surprised if he actually won.....RamboSymbiot

If John Stewart was his running mate it would be a guarenteed win.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts

[QUOTE="dlp21"]He is, in the state of SC only, which basically means he can't win because he isn't on any other states ballots, but it would be funny as hell if he won in SC. It just shows that we would rather trust a comedian with our country then any DEM/REP politician. Although I do like Obama a lot more then any candidate since Gore. Gosh I wish Gore would runFunkdaddy13
Gore FTW

YA that would be sweet

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dlp21

[QUOTE="dlp21"]He is, in the state of SC only, which basically means he can't win because he isn't on any other states ballots, but it would be funny as hell if he won in SC. It just shows that we would rather trust a comedian with our country then any DEM/REP politician. Although I do like Obama a lot more then any candidate since Gore. Gosh I wish Gore would runZero5000X

It costs money, it's 70,000 alone to get on the ballot in SC

quick edit,

its 65,000 for the republican party and 5,000 for the democratic, he is running on both tickets

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dlp21
[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]

LukeAF24

Why not?

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zero5000X
[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]

LukeAF24

Why? I think he'd have a good chance. Look at it this way: on Facebook theres a group called 1,000,000 strong for Barrack Obama. Its taken months for Barrack to get 378,000 supporters. Someone made the same group for Colbert and hes gotten 300,000 supporters in a week. Obviously he'd have a very good chance of winning.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Why? I think he'd have a good chance. Look at it this way: on Facebook theres a group called 1,000,000 strong for Barrack Obama. Its taken months for Barrack to get 378,000 supporters. Someone made the same group for Colbert and hes gotten 300,000 supporters in a week. Obviously he'd have a very good chance of winning.

Zero5000X

How is facebook a good gauge on how many votes someone will get? Facebook is open to tons of people under 18, so that's irrelevant. As to answer the "why", there is isn't a shot in hell he'll get 50 million votes to win. Even if everyone who worshiped the ground he walked on voted for him, he would be 47 million shy.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zero5000X
[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]

LukeAF24

How is facebook a good gauge on how many votes someone will get? Facebook is open to tons of people under 18, so that's irrelevant. As to answer the "why", there is isn't a shot in hell he'll get 50 million votes to win. Even if everyone who worshiped the ground he walked on voted for him, he would be 47 million shy.

Personally I think he'd be better than anyone running for President currently.

F-14Bombcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 F-14Bombcat
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
[QUOTE="LukeAF24"][QUOTE="Zero5000X"]

Zero5000X

I would vote for him because if our country is going down the toilet, then I at least want to be entertained.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Zero5000X

Because we all know a comedian, with a great set of writers, is the top credential for running the most powerful country on the planet.

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dlp21

LukeAF24

So you assume that because he has a following of 3 million there is no way he could get more. Consider this. Less then 50 percent of 18-24 year olds vote, so he could easily get some of them to jump on his bandwagon. Also he would be able to get into the debates and maybe, just maybe, his policies are leaps and bounds better then the competition, you really think people would be like, man he makes so much sense but I am going to vote for the other guy because Colbert is just a comedian, this is the nation that elected Ronald Reagan and Bush as president. So if he got on the ballot do to some grassroots efforts in a lot of states, he could have a shot.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zero5000X
[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]

LukeAF24

Because we all know a comedian, with a great set of writers, is the top credential for running the most powerful country on the planet.

and the presidential candidates don't have great writers?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

So you assume that because he has a following of 3 million there is no way he could get more. Consider this. Less then 50 percent of 18-24 year olds vote, so he could easily get some of them to jump on his bandwagon. Also he would be able to get into the debates and maybe, just maybe, his policies are leaps and bounds better then the competition, you really think people would be like, man he makes so much sense but I am going to vote for the other guy because Colbert is just a comedian, this is the nation that elected Ronald Reagan and Bush as president. So if he got on the ballot do to some grassroots efforts in a lot of states, he could have a shot.

dlp21

Bush and Reagan were both governors prior to becoming President. Bottom line is this; he has zero shot, whether you want to admit it or not. He has zero credibility. He can stand in all the debates he wants, but no one is going to know if he is making a truthful statement, or making a mockery out of the whole thing. He values and ideas are near irrelevant.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

No, that's not all that it would show. If Colbert won in SC, it would show that SCians are ****ing idiots.

All he does is make fun of people. Which tends to be funny.

Here's the thing...let's suppose that I hate my boss. I can make fun of him all ****ing day long. I can ***** and whine and complain and laugh about how he sucks. But then if he were to suddenly get his head chopped off, and I had to take over for him, I wouldn't know what the bloody **** to do.

There is a HUUUUUUUGE ****ing difference between making fun of the president and being qualified to be the president. A MASSIVE astro****ingnomical difference. Colbert has clearly demonstrated that he can do the former very well. As for the latter, HELL NO.

If Bush were allowed to run again, I'd honestly vote for Bush before I vote for Colbert. And anyone who would ever vote for Colbert is reallly, quite frankly, an idiot.

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dlp21

Or they are making a statement. I mean seriously, what choice do voters have nowadays. We don't vote, no one cares, we do vote, but it doesn't change anything, we vote for a third-party but they can't get enough votes to make an impact. The government needs an overhaul. While I don't agree completely with Ron Paul he is better then the rest of the candidates, I could vote for Barack over Paul, but no one else, unless of course Gore ran.

tngatorfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tngatorfan
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts

Or they are making a statement. I mean seriously, what choice do voters have nowadays. We don't vote, no one cares, we do vote, but it doesn't change anything, we vote for a third-party but they can't get enough votes to make an impact. The government needs an overhaul. While I don't agree completely with Ron Paul he is better then the rest of the candidates, I could vote for Barack over Paul, but no one else, unless of course Gore ran.

dlp21

yeah thats what we need gore. wow. you fail.

ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

[QUOTE="dlp21"]He is, in the state of SC only, which basically means he can't win because he isn't on any other states ballots, but it would be funny as hell if he won in SC. It just shows that we would rather trust a comedian with our country then any DEM/REP politician. Although I do like Obama a lot more then any candidate since Gore. Gosh I wish Gore would runMrGeezer

No, that's not all that it would show. If Colbert won in SC, it would show that SCians are ****ing idiots.

Here's the thing...let's suppose that I hate my boss. I can make fun of him all ****ing day long. I can ***** and whine and complain and laugh about how he sucks. But then if he were to suddenly get his head chopped off, and I had to take over for him, I wouldn't know what the bloody **** to do.

There is a HUUUUUUUGE ****ing difference between making fun of the president and being qualified to be the president. A MASSIVE astro****ingnomical difference. Colbert has clearly demonstrated that he can do the former very well. As for the latter, HELL NO.

If Bush were allowed to run again, I'd honestly vote for Bush before I vote for Colbert. And anyone who would ever vote for Colbert is reallly, quite frankly, an idiot.

You're voting between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich. Why even vote when both candidates are idiots?

camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
I'm really curious though to see how many votes he's gonna get.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
It's kind of like that movie with Robin Williams, i'd rather have a regular person be president.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

It's kind of like that movie with Robin Williams, i'd rather have a regular person be president. X360PS3AMD05

Except in that movie, he really lost in a landslide.

Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]I wouldnt be surprised if he actually won.....thriteenthmonke

If John Stewart was his running mate it would be a guarenteed win.

Stewert/Colbert FTW!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I'm sure it's just a publicity stunt.
guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 guitboxdude25
Member since 2006 • 2120 Posts
it would be cool if he did and he won,but someone who is oposed to it(prolly another pres. canidate)is going to find something in a 100000 paged book with some weird rule making him not be able to run.I like the idea for colbert for pres its just that most of the stuff he does on his show is sarcastic and we dont really know his actual stances on things.
guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 guitboxdude25

[QUOTE="dlp21"]He is, in the state of SC only, which basically means he can't win because he isn't on any other states ballots, but it would be funny as hell if he won in SC. It just shows that we would rather trust a comedian with our country then any DEM/REP politician. Although I do like Obama a lot more then any candidate since Gore. Gosh I wish Gore would runMrGeezer

youd vote for bush again :lol:
the way i see it,colbert is just a regular person,with knowledge on politics.
but bush is an idiot,with knowledge on politics

id rather vote for colbert :|

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

guitboxdude25

That like asking a mechanic to suddenly be a lawyer in a murder trial because he tells good lawyer jokes. See the problem with that?

Avatar image for Self_indulgence
Self_indulgence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Self_indulgence
Member since 2007 • 1263 Posts
Reminds me of the episode of pecola
lol u guys probly never heard of that show >_>
Avatar image for Self_indulgence
Self_indulgence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Self_indulgence
Member since 2007 • 1263 Posts
[QUOTE="guitboxdude25"]

LukeAF24

That like asking a mechanic to suddenly be a lawyer in a murder trial because he tells good lawyer jokes. See the problem with that?

Its like saying "id sooner vote for a monkey than bush"
its was a joke...
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Barack for now,

Gore if he runs,

Colbert if hes good.

guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 guitboxdude25
[QUOTE="guitboxdude25"]

LukeAF24

but still,bush?
also,im positive colbert has been doing this for long enough,is inteligent enough and has done enough research on this to be able to do it.he has to know alot about it because his profesion calls him too.the mechanic wouldnt be very funny if he didnt know anything about lawyers now,would he :|

if the mechanic tells so many lawyer jokes,he has to know something about being a lawyer.

DarkKar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DarkKar
Member since 2005 • 6025 Posts
[QUOTE="LukeAF24"][QUOTE="Zero5000X"]

Zero5000X

ANd how many actors have we had run for governor? I'll give you a hint. The movie Predator has two Californian governors in it. :)

Avatar image for thefoolagain200
thefoolagain200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 thefoolagain200
Member since 2005 • 1653 Posts

Stephen Colbert for God '08!!!

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts

I could care less, since I'm voting for Lincoln.

Abe in '08!

Avatar image for SuperSaiyanLink
SuperSaiyanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SuperSaiyanLink
Member since 2003 • 19542 Posts
He has my vote.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
yeah although im not sure he is gonna pay the cash he actually needs to get on the ballot after all 35 grand is a lot of doe plus even if he does he is only running in one state so its not gonna end up mattering
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Yes, but he won't win.
squitsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 squitsquat
Member since 2005 • 1990 Posts
i bet he will sometime later. he is testing "the water" because if he wins in SC then he would probably win anywhere else
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

i bet he will sometime later. he is testing "the water" because if he wins in SC then he would probably win anywhere elsesquitsquat

i bet its more about promoting his book I am America and So Can You

Avatar image for reservoir_doggy
reservoir_doggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 reservoir_doggy
Member since 2006 • 4054 Posts
He is but he can't win.
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Godly_Cure
Member since 2007 • 4293 Posts
It's a joke and even he knows if he tried to run for real he'd lose.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

He is, but as a joke. It's not actually possible for him to win. So, yes and no.Darth_Tyrev

Exactly. It's satire that is apparently meant to point out some of the obvious and glaring flaws with our electoral process.

For example, on his show he was having his campaign "sponsored" by Doritos. Then when he was "informed" that it was illegal, they just added the word "coverage" to the end of it and made that sponsored by Doritos. :lol:

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

...He can stand in all the debates he wants, but no one is going to know if he is making a truthful statement, or making a mockery out of the whole thing. He values and ideas are near irrelevant.

LukeAF24

Wait, don't those qualities INCREASE his chances of winning?:roll: