is it safe to drink GATORADE everyday?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bawathegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bawathegamer
Member since 2007 • 1498 Posts

i dont drink it as a subsitute for water. i have plenty of water.

i dont usually drink beer/alcohol unless its a social event or party.

lately , whenever i come home from classes tired i pop open a gatorade and half a glass or 2. i usually finish like 2 of those 500ml bottles in a day.i love the taste.

i was just looking up some stuff on google and alot of people say it only for athletes especially track runners etc. problem is i dont really drink it for those reason, nor do i do heavy exercising or sports on a regular basis. i just drink it casually.

my question : is it harmful to drink the amount i have daily( 2- 500ml bottles)? is it better that drinking "health drinks".. like red bull etc?

ever since i read that its fattening without exercise, and too much sodium, and bad for teeth.......ive completly stopped drinking it( 2 days ago).but i think im being too paranoid(dam google) .

any idea ?

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

It is safe, but not healthy.

Look at the sugar in it.

I wish I stopped drinking it earlier.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
it wont hurt you. and i would call red bull a health drink.
Soulkiller225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Soulkiller225
Member since 2008 • 251 Posts
Well it is notthat bad. ALso you tried to copy my thread. :P
Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Psychosisrain
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

i dont drink it as a subsitute for water. i have plenty of water.

i dont usually drink beer/alcohol unless its a social event or party.

lately , whenever i come home from classes tired i pop open a gatorade and half a glass or 2. i usually finish like 2 of those 500ml bottles in a day.i love the taste.

i was just looking up some stuff on google and alot of people say it only for athletes especially track runners etc. problem is i dont really drink it for those reason, nor do i do heavy exercising or sports on a regular basis. i just drink it casually.

my question : is it harmful to drink the amount i have daily( 2- 500ml bottles)? is it better that drinking "health drinks".. like red bull etc?

ever since i read that its fattening without exercise, and too much sodium, and bad for teeth.......ive completly stopped drinking it( 2 days ago).but i think im being too paranoid(dam google) .

any idea ?

bawathegamer

lol, yeah you just a little paranoid, especially if you research it on the internet and see all these crazy health studies on it, gatorade isnt that bad for you at all, it has some suger in it but that's about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc39ee132cf4
deactivated-5fc39ee132cf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-5fc39ee132cf4
Member since 2006 • 2465 Posts

Well its about as bad as drinking or eating anything else that is made up.

It contains high levels of sodium.

Your kidneys regulate the amount of sodium kept in your body. When sodium levels are low, your kidneys conserve sodium. When levels are high, they excrete the excess amount in urine.

If your kidneys can't eliminate enough sodium, the sodium starts to accumulate in your blood. Because sodium attracts and holds water, your blood volume increases. Increased blood volume, in turn, makes your heart work harder to move more blood through your blood vessels, increasing pressure in your arteries. Certain diseases such as congestive heart failure, cirrhosis and chronic kidney disease can lead to an inability to regulate sodium.

Some people are more sensitive to the effects of sodium than are others. People who are sodium sensitive retain sodium more easily, leading to excess fluid retention and increased blood pressure. If you're in that group, extra sodium in your diet increases your chance of developing high blood pressure, a condition that can lead to cardiovascular and kidney diseases.

Stop putting salt in your fries and you should be alright :P

MythofSisyphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MythofSisyphus
Member since 2008 • 541 Posts
You're probably doing a lot more damage to your body due to what you eat than is going to be done by gatorade.
-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

It's not bad if you exercise, but even so, everyday?!

And I heard it can cause this thing which makes it harder to pee