Is it possible to get a print out of text messages?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for narutoisapirate
narutoisapirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 narutoisapirate
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

is it possible to get a print out of the text messages you have sent/recieved? I'm pretty sure there isnt, but can you?

Omega_Zero69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Omega_Zero69
Member since 2006 • 13668 Posts
if you save them on a memory stick and transfer them to your computer and print them out
narutoisapirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 narutoisapirate

I cant contact my provider? My parents say they will, but can they actually do that?hahA

narutoisapirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 narutoisapirate

Help OT!

0Tyler0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 0Tyler0
Member since 2008 • 2602 Posts
Not sure, you could type into microsoft word I guess :P
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
What did you do that your parents want a print out of your txt? Sexting???
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

Type it in Word or notepad, and print it out.

Problem solved.

narutoisapirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 narutoisapirate

im talking about from the past, long deleted?

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

If they have been deleted off of your phone, then it's possible, but it can be a lengthy and expensive process. In short, you have to get a court order to get a copy of those messages. The 2006 Consumer Telephone Records Protection Act keeps them private unless you have that court order. Phone companies can only tell you how many messages you have sent, and who they went to, or came from, but not tell you what the messages stated. They do keep records of text messages, but again, it is a very lengthy process. If your parents were to call the service provider, they'd tell them they can't give them those messages and to start the process, would have to contact the local authorities, etc.

narutoisapirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 narutoisapirate

If they have been deleted off of your phone, then it's possible, but it can be a lengthy and expensive process. In short, you have to get a court order to get a copy of those messages. The 2006 Consumer Telephone Records Protection Act keeps them private unless you have that court order. Phone companies can only tell you how many messages you have sent, and who they went to, or came from, but not tell you what the messages stated.

joseph_mach

ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 joseph_mach

No prob. Another way is to buy software to pull the information off of your phone, much like software used to pull info off of hard drives, but it's expensive as well, and I wouldn't mention that to your parents either. =D

Keep out of trouble.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I don't know wtf joseph_mach is talking about. That's completely untrue if you're a minor and/or your parents are the one paying the bill on the phone. I've seen many people's parents get that information for various reasons. If the phone is in their name or they're paying the bill, you're **** out of luck.
joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 joseph_mach

I don't know wtf joseph_mach is talking about. That's completely untrue if you're a minor and/or your parents are the one paying the bill on the phone. I've seen many people's parents get that information for various reasons. If the phone is in their name or they're paying the bill, you're **** out of luck.XilePrincess

Doesn't matter if his parents are paying the bill or not. Just as I pay for my sons phone, I cannot get a copy of the messages. By law, they can't do it. Just look up the act and it'll explain it there for you. Like a husband trying to prove his wife was cheating and tried to get the messages, a lawyer would have to get an order to get those texts, even if he pays for the bill.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AutoPilotOn
http://www.ehow.com/how_4894843_cell-phone-text-message-records.html you will need a court order.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]I don't know wtf joseph_mach is talking about. That's completely untrue if you're a minor and/or your parents are the one paying the bill on the phone. I've seen many people's parents get that information for various reasons. If the phone is in their name or they're paying the bill, you're **** out of luck.joseph_mach

Doesn't matter if his parents are paying the bill or not. Just as I pay for my sons phone, I cannot get a copy of the messages. By law, they can't do it. Just look up the act and it'll explain it there for you. Like a husband trying to prove his wife was cheating and tried to get the messages, a lawyer would have to get an order to get those texts, even if he pays for the bill.

I don't know where you are, but we can do it here as long as it's the person paying the bill for a minor. I must reiterate that this is in the case of the adult being the account holder, which is commonplace when teens and kids have cellphones. My cellphone is under my mother's name, and has been since I was 13.

Like I said, I've seen it happen, and I don't think that these cellphone companies just happened to ignore the rule all of those times. Wife =/= minor.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 joseph_mach

http://www.ehow.com/how_4894843_cell-phone-text-message-records.html you will need a court order.AutoPilotOn

Thanks Auto. That's pretty much the way it is, or at least the way it should be. There might very well be exceptions, but I'll say it's "usually" the only way you're going to get those records. I'm not going to doubt what you say though Princess. Who am I to say what those parents did to get the records and you never know what some carriers policies are.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AutoPilotOn
I personally have never needed to find records myself. I have no first hand experience I only know what I have googles lol but it seems to all say court order from what I have found.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
just type it out