Is it okay to Spoil a TV Show or Movie?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mesden1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mesden1
Member since 2004 • 637 Posts

Rhetroical question of course, because the answer is obviously No.

I just had a Movie spoiled for me because the Movie is so well-known that you would think the entire population of North America has already seen it. Even if that's the case... Even if 99% of North America has already seen that movie, there's still that 1% of the remainder of the population.

The same goes for popular TV Shows. I don't mind when they start off with something like "Next week on an All-New Lost...", but when they start the Promos with no warning like that whatsoever, giving you a shocking scene from next week's episode first, then saying that bit about "Next week on an all-new Lost".. That pisses me off.

This is what Spoiler tags are for people, this is why Network TV uses Warnings on TV Promos, and discussion threads on GameSpot or IGN keep theircomments tagged... So the rest of the World doesn't have to put up with the **** of having to hear it from someone else before they see it.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
While I agree that I hate spoilers...There's also a statute of limitations on the courtesy. Saying how King Kong dies...Or that Rosebud is really Kane's sled...Yeah, 70 years kind of changes how a spoiler works.
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts

So if this is a rhetorical question, what do I say? I'm thinking a spoiler won't help.

tomxizor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tomxizor
Member since 2004 • 11767 Posts
Like the twist at the end of the Sixth Sense! I thought everybody knew it, until I brought it up one day. :?
sthadji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 sthadji
Member since 2004 • 4682 Posts

Like the twist at the end of the Sixth Sense! I thought everybody knew it, until I brought it up one day. :?tomxizor

I was watching a Scrubs episode and they had exposed the twist. I hadn't seen the movie, so I was pretty pissed. I hate spoilers.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

[QUOTE="tomxizor"]Like the twist at the end of the Sixth Sense! I thought everybody knew it, until I brought it up one day. :?sthadji

I was watching a Scrubs episode and they had exposed the twist. I hadn't seen the movie, so I was pretty pissed. I hate spoilers.

You weren't more pissed that you spent time watching Scrubs?

Zing! *rimshot* I rule!

tevwalker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 tevwalker13
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts

your right, its always that chance someone might not have seen something, its best if people keep endings or any other type of spoiler to themselves

[spoiler] dont you just hate these things:P [/spoiler]

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
While I agree that I hate spoilers...There's also a statute of limitations on the courtesy. Saying how King Kong dies...Or that Rosebud is really Kane's sled...Yeah, 70 years kind of changes how a spoiler works.spazzx625

I havent seen Citizen Kane ;)