This topic is locked from further discussion.

IrAda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IrAda
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts
So i bought an iphone 4 last year and i guess its great for what i use it for , but with this new iphone 4s ,do i have to pay like $900 for it or can i trade my iphone 4 in for it ? If i have to buy it full price just for a better camera im going to smash my head against a brick wall and never buy an apple product again.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

So i bought an iphone 4 last year and i guess its great for what i use it for , but with this new iphone 4s ,do i have to pay like $900 for it or can i trade my iphone 4 in for it ? If i have to buy it full price just for a better camera im going to smash my head against a brick wall and never buy an apple product again.IrAda
you dont have to get it at all........

Shocker I know.

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
If the only change that's important to you is the better camera, don't get it. :|
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
You bought an iPhone 4 last year yet you seem shocked that it's getting replaced so soon.
IrAda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IrAda
well im not a techno-geek so yes i am shocked.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
It just has a faster processor and a better camera - and it's not as if the 4's camera is bad. It's very much an incremental upgrade, like the 3G to the 3GS, and almost meaningless if you already own a 4. Wait until next year when the changes will be more significant.
IrAda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IrAda
well im not a techno-geek so yes i am shocked.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
I have the iPhone 4 but this is probably the last iPhone I'll get it.
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
I'm not really surprised that Apple are releasing a new upgrade, but I think they could have added more to it than just a better camera.
Ikouze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Ikouze
Member since 2009 • 2027 Posts
I'm really mad at Apple for doing this for some reason. They seem to think they can get away with releasing a new iPhone every year with almost little to no changes and make money off it. I don't see why people would be reluctant to upgrade from their iPhone 4 when this new iPhone has hardly no upgrades at all. Apple comes up with the most scheming ways to take your money.
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dark__Link
I'm not really surprised that Apple are releasing a new upgrade, but I think they could have added more to it than just a better camera.Just-Breathe
....They did.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I'm really mad at Apple for doing this for some reason. They seem to think they can get away with releasing a new iPhone every year with almost little to no changes and make money off it. I don't see why people would be reluctant to upgrade from their iPhone 4 when this new iPhone has hardly no upgrades at all. Apple comes up with the most scheming ways to take your money.Ikouze
I've thought about this and I think Apple just gets hated on. We see HTC, Samsung, Motorola, etc releasing new phones all the time. The difference is that they aren't iPhones. But yea, screw Apple.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
After watching the main video on apple.com It looks like Amazon's cloud Mp3 service must of took some marketshare from itunes, they're doing the whole cloud storage like amazon's been doin' for a while now.
chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2095 Posts

Well I will definitely be getting this one as I've been hanging on to the same iPhone 3G for three years and the battery is starting to go. My only gripe is that it still has the same screen size but I'm quite pleased with the improved battery life which is what I was really hoping for. So to me this will be a major upgrade.

BTW I hate Androids. :P

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
I'm really mad at Apple for doing this for some reason. They seem to think they can get away with releasing a new iPhone every year with almost little to no changes and make money off it. I don't see why people would be reluctant to upgrade from their iPhone 4 when this new iPhone has hardly no upgrades at all. Apple comes up with the most scheming ways to take your money.Ikouze
Some people with 3G's and 3GS's want to upgrade like me....
chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chisoxrule

Provided that this A5 dual processor chip is as good as Apple says it is, I could say that this would be a viable alternative to buying a PSP Vita and be my default phone at the same time. :P

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DJ_Lae
Every manufacturer releases updated versions of their hardware every year, though - Apple just gets more press because they only have one real flagship phone and they're more popular. Having said that, this 4S seems like a bit of kindness from them - like the 3GS, it's not such a huge improvement that it makes owners of the previous models feel completely inadequate.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Super iPone 4 HD remix is coming out in 3 months too.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Nobody should buy this phone, simple consumer advice. I got the 3GS, six months later the iPhone 4 comes out, a completely overhauled, brand new piece of hardware. Meanwhile ive shelled out hundreds for an updated version of a two year old phone. This will be exactly the same: Apple have fallen into a pattern. Why buy this final milkage of the iPhone 4 model when we KNOW there'll be a completely new iPhone 5 released in less than a years time which will make your new, very expensive device look like a last gen left behind? Stick with what you have and wait it out :)
Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts
I don't really think that iPhone 4s is worth the upgrade if you already got the 4, since most of the new features will be in iOS5, which iPhone 4 users will get anyway. Personally gonna go with WP7 for my next phone, but will probably get the next generation of iPhone.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DJ_Lae
I got the 3GS, six months later the iPhone 4 comes out, a completely overhauled, brand new piece of hardware.Ninja-Hippo
Welcome to every single piece of consumer technology on the planet. :P Even the automotive industry uses the same model.
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dark__Link
Nobody should buy this phone, simple consumer advice. I got the 3GS, six months later the iPhone 4 comes out, a completely overhauled, brand new piece of hardware. Meanwhile ive shelled out hundreds for an updated version of a two year old phone. This will be exactly the same: Apple have fallen into a pattern. Why buy this final milkage of the iPhone 4 model when we KNOW there'll be a completely new iPhone 5 released in less than a years time which will make your new, very expensive device look like a last gen left behind? Stick with what you have and wait it out :) Ninja-Hippo
That was only because you bought the 3GS six months after it released. That's not Apple's fault. It was a year between the 3G and the 3GS, the 3GS and the 4, and the 4 and the 4S.
The_Sand_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Sand_Man
Member since 2008 • 6788 Posts

I bought an Iphone 4 three months ago so i'm not getting the 4s. I'll wait for the Iphone 5 if there is one.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MushroomWig

I bought an Iphone 4 three months ago so i'm not getting the 4s. I'll wait for the Iphone 5 if there is one.

The_Sand_Man

If? Oh you.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

I have a two year old iPod Touch. I just don't see why people have to upgrade their Apple products constantly at the drop of a new upgrade, which is like, every few months.

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

Relevant.

OP reminded me of it.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Relevant.

OP reminded me of it.

zeldaluff

I know a guy exactly like this.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

I have a two year old iPod Touch. I just don't see why people have to upgrade their Apple products constantly at the drop of a new upgrade, which is like, every few months.

Big_Pecks
they don't have to, but if Apple can make it an enticing enough offer people will upgrade anyways. This year it's like they didn't even try.
solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

Seriously people need to read into this deeper, Apple never promised a iPhone 5 it was all media hype. This upgrade is very good for people that are ready to get into a new contract. The tech specs really make this a great buy in, great info in this article:

http://thisismynext.com/2011/10/04/iphone-4s-hands-on-impressions/

Vodka_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vodka_FTW
Member since 2011 • 74 Posts
Rofl, I bet if they name it the Iphone 5 people would be all over it.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Seriously people need to read into this deeper, Apple never promised a iPhone 5 it was all media hype. This upgrade is very good for people that are ready to get into a new contract. The tech specs really make this a great buy in, great info in this article:http://thisismynext.com/2011/10/04/iphone-4s-hands-on-impressions/solidruss
The real question is: Has the iPhone finally managed to actually be better than it's competitors or is it still running on the hype wagon.
solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 solidruss

[QUOTE="solidruss"]Seriously people need to read into this deeper, Apple never promised a iPhone 5 it was all media hype. This upgrade is very good for people that are ready to get into a new contract. The tech specs really make this a great buy in, great info in this article:http://thisismynext.com/2011/10/04/iphone-4s-hands-on-impressions/Ace6301
The real question is: Has the iPhone finally managed to actually be better than it's competitors or is it still running on the hype wagon.

Depends on your needs, Apple has never said they want to be number one in sales. I can say that I've seen many android devices that are laggy and slow to respond, never once have I seen that in an IOS device

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DJ_Lae

Depends on your needs, Apple has never said they want to be number one in sales. I can say that I've seen many android devices that are laggy and slow to respond, never once have I seen that in an IOS device

solidruss
3G running OS 4. It's one of Apple's few big blunders with the iPhone. That hardware just was not capable of running that OS smoothly - at all.
solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 solidruss

[QUOTE="solidruss"]

DJ_Lae

3G running OS 4. It's one of Apple's few big blunders with the iPhone. That hardware just was not capable of running that OS smoothly - at all.

What device are you talking about?

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

I don't see what the fail is. It met all of the Hype of the iPhone 5 except the name and screen size. Its an iPhone 5 in an iPhone 4's body.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DJ_Lae

solidruss
The iPhone 3G, after they released OS 4.0. It just bogged to hell after that update. They should have just tagged it ineligible for the software, just like the original iPhone, as it completely ruined the user experience.
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"][QUOTE="solidruss"]

solidruss

The iPhone 3G running iOS4. It had the same specs as the Original iPhone and was not capable of running iOS4 at all.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 solidruss

[QUOTE="solidruss"]

DJ_Lae

The iPhone 3G, after they released OS 4.0. It just bogged to hell after that update. They should have just tagged it ineligible for the software, just like the original iPhone, as it completely ruined the user experience.

But are you talking about an older device trying to support the newer IOS updates? If so Apple has always been stright forward in saying they will drop support for older devices

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DJ_Lae

But are you talking about an older device trying to support the newer IOS updates? If so Apple has always been stright forward in saying they will drop support for older devices

solidruss
Yeah, and I think the 3G running OS4 is what prompted them to really crack down on that - the iOS upgrade was officially supported by Apple when it really shouldn't have been. They should have just prohibited those devices from installing the upgrade at all.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#40 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
If the only change that's important to you is the better camera, don't get it. :|Dark__Link
and speed. Twice as fast as iPhone 4 and 7 times faster graphics.
chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chisoxrule

[QUOTE="solidruss"]

DJ_Lae

I disagree. I still have the same iPhone 3G since it came out in August 08. At first it used to freeze up & crash all the time. The newer OS's have been more stable and it never freezes up. However my battery is finally going so the 4S will be a very worthy upgrade for me! :D

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

You dont have to get it. If you iphone 4 does just fine with w/e you use it for then just dont get this new one.

taylor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 taylor888
Member since 2005 • 2232 Posts
[QUOTE="Ikouze"]I'm really mad at Apple for doing this for some reason. They seem to think they can get away with releasing a new iPhone every year with almost little to no changes and make money off it. I don't see why people would be reluctant to upgrade from their iPhone 4 when this new iPhone has hardly no upgrades at all. Apple comes up with the most scheming ways to take your money.ZumaJones07
I've thought about this and I think Apple just gets hated on. We see HTC, Samsung, Motorola, etc releasing new phones all the time. The difference is that they aren't iPhones. But yea, screw Apple.

Yeah, I just made that point yesterday. No one seems to care that HTC and Samsung release a new phone literally every 3 months, but if it's Apple, only then are they trying to screw us out of our money. Btw, iphone 4s has a 2x faster processor and ios5 is being released with it as well. It seems like a decent upgrade to me.
groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 groovdafied
Member since 2005 • 5012 Posts
Did you seriously buy an iPhone thinking that it wont be replaced in 1 year? I would say hold off from buying the new iPhone...get a new phone when the contract is up...by then there will be a new iPhone - Guaranteed!
FearMe801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FearMe801
Member since 2011 • 399 Posts

How much does an iphone 4s cost?

People with no iphone like me would want to upgrade (or buy)

chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 chisoxrule

It's $200 with a 2 year contract (16GB model). Same as it was for my 3G three years ago (8 GB). Not a bad deal.

pitchblack3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 pitchblack3
Member since 2008 • 346 Posts

Pls. spend your $900 somewhere else.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MushroomWig

You dont have to get it. If you iphone 4 does just fine with w/e you use it for then just dont get this new one.

Gamingclone
b..b..but it's the latest model! Obviously anyone that doesn't have it isn't cool!
Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
I would say keep your iPhone 4, a better camera shouldn't be the driving force behind you getting the 4Gs.
xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts

Anyone on the 3G's should look into upgrading to the 4s if they are eligible as you will notice the difference. Anyone on the 4 like myself I would wait until a total SKU update happens instead of their usual refreshes.

I've owned them all since day 1 of the original iPhone and I'm passing on the 4s since it isn't that big of a jump for me.