I'm Thinking About Setting Up My Girlfriend..

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boogie_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Boogie_J
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

not to sound cheesy, but i'm thinking of setting her up just to make sure she's the 'one'. I hope she is because I don't want to break up with her, but when she gets drunk she gets flirty with other dudes so i dont entirely trust her yet. anyways, my plan goes as follows:

me, my girl, and my friend jake are gonna chill at my house and have a few beers. i'm going to say im going out to get some take-out food and leave them alone for a half hour. I told jake to flirt with her and try and get in her pants, but not actually do anything if she gives in. now this plan has I think three possible outcomes

1) she rejects his advances, and tells me as soon as I get home (best possible outcome)

2) she rejects his advances, but doesn't tell me anything (this one could mean she's either trying to spare me and jakes friendship, or she could be hiding a lot more secrets)

3) she gives in and doesn't tell me anything (worst possible outcome)

what do you think? bad idea?

mymindismadeup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mymindismadeup
Member since 2003 • 3905 Posts
Jake and her are going to hook up
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

not to sound cheesy, but i'm thinking of setting her up just to make sure she's the 'one'. I hope she is because I don't want to break up with her, but when she gets drunk she gets flirty with other dudes so i dont entirely trust her yet. anyways, my plan goes as follows:

me, my girl, and my friend jake are gonna chill at my house and have a few beers. i'm going to say im going out to get some take-out food and leave them alone for a half hour. I told jake to flirt with her and try and get in her pants, but not actually do anything if she gives in. now this plan has I think three possible outcomes

1) she rejects his advances, and tells me as soon as I get home (best possible outcome)

2) she rejects his advances, but doesn't tell me anything (this one could mean she's either trying to spare me and jakes friendship, or she could be hiding a lot more secrets)

Boogie_J

4) she gives in but tells you everything out of guilt and wanting your relationship to go further.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
You're just going to do is demonstrate to her how little you trust her...
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Jake and her are going to hook upmymindismadeup
What he said. Seriously, alcohol can really mess some people up, what happens if Jakey-boi gets drunk and they Do the Dew? :o
-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -FlyLo-
Member since 2009 • 2833 Posts

Pretty stupid idea, why? Because alcohol makes people horny, especially women so its not that she doesn't like you and wants another BF, its because the alcohol influenced her to do so.

BR1NG3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BR1NG3R
Member since 2006 • 1530 Posts

Go for it. It would be funny if she found out you planned this out. It would make her question your trust in her.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
I think if you need to go to such elaborate lengths to know if you can trust your girlfriend or not, then you obviously don't currently trust her.
Dopemonk736

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dopemonk736
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts

5) She gives in, forces Jake into submission, and your plan backfires

Avatar image for deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
deactivated-6016e81e8e30f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
Member since 2009 • 12955 Posts
Bad idea. There's way too many bad possible outcomes for you to risk the couple good ones.
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts
depends if jake is hot or not, for all you know, they're soul mates and were ex lovers, just waiting to rekindle the flame that their love once was. but overall, i think its a bad idea. Unless jakes a pro actor she's gonna catch on kill you
Vundi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vundi
Member since 2003 • 12755 Posts

Boogie_J

HORRIBLE idea. One, what if Jake doesn't wanna stop at flirting. Two, if she tells you about it and wonders why you're still friends with Jake after he hit on her behind your back and you're forced to tell her you set her up because you don't trust her, it's a wrap. She'll drop you like a bad f'n habit. Everyone get flirty when they drink. Best thing to do is to set her down and tell her that it makes you uncomfortable. Maybe she'll agree to only drink when she's with you. Going behind someone's back is always a bad idea.

TRUST ME!

3minty3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 3minty3
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts

if you are questioning youre plan its obviously not a great idea.

enjoy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 enjoy07
Member since 2009 • 120 Posts
Wouldn't going behind her back make her trust for YOU fall? I mean, I can understand why'd you wanna do something like that, but it would be just as unhealthy for you to do something like that to her. It would hurt the relationship in her eyes.
-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -FlyLo-

Wait TC, how hot is your girlfriend (cause if she's hot, Jake might jump her).

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Terrible plan. She's going to break up with you if she finds out (which she will when she tells you about his advances and you don't beat the **** out of him).
Avatar image for JimCarreyForYou
JimCarreyForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JimCarreyForYou
Member since 2009 • 2606 Posts
I thought like setting up as " kill her " but oh well.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
I'm reminded of a line from a Futurama episode. I forget the line exactly, but it's from Bendless Love where Bender says something like, "Maybe I should just trust her about this," and Fry goes, "But you're a man, you ahve to think of some crazy scheme to get her back," then Bender reveals his crazy plan and Fry responds with, "Now you're thinking like a man!"
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Godly_Cure
Member since 2007 • 4293 Posts

If you don't trust her you shouldn't be with her.

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
That's a horrible idea.
-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -FlyLo-

TC hasn't responded, I think his GF saw this and shot him :|

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
I thought like setting up as " kill her " but oh well.JimCarreyForYou
I thought it was like setting her up with someone else in order to swing, which actually would've been less unsettling than this.
Boogie_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Boogie_J

Pretty stupid idea, why? Because alcohol makes people horny, especially women so its not that she doesn't like you and wants another BF, its because the alcohol influenced her to do so.

-FlyLo-

wrong, if she gives in its because she decided to. It wouldnt be the alcohol that amade her do it. I think alchohol shows you the 'real' you anyway, so adding alchohol into the mix (only a few beers btw), will be a more turthful situation.

enjoy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 enjoy07

[QUOTE="-FlyLo-"]

Boogie_J

wrong, if she gives in its because she decided to. It wouldnt be the alcohol that amade her do it. I think alchohol shows you the 'real' you anyway, so adding alchohol into the mix (only a few beers btw), will be a more turthful situation.

Are you reading what you post? You sound like a terrible boyfriend. :[
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I love watching people destroying their lives so just for the fact that I can laugh about it PLEASE do this.

If it doesn't work once though don't give up, keep on doing it over and over and over until it finally does and then you have to promise to come over here and make a thread about how bad you feel.

Avistann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Avistann
Member since 2008 • 7102 Posts
This is a bad idea. It will either turn out like this she gives in or she tells you about jake and tells you not to be friends because he is betraying you, forcing you to tell the truth if you want to continue being friends with this jake and her getting extremely pissed
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 duxup

[QUOTE="-FlyLo-"]

Boogie_J

I hate to break it to you but there is a lot more more than Mr. Jake and some silly implausible situation out there to test your girlfriend.
-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -FlyLo-

[QUOTE="-FlyLo-"]

Boogie_J

Have you ever been drunk? You don't even know what the **** you're doing when you're drunk, and believe me. It does make women hornier.
binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts

Kinda a crummy idea here, not trustful, but if she'll cheat on you in this situation, it's likely she'd do it in another anyway. I hope that doesn't sound so awful, I know what I'm trying to say, just hard to word. No setup or plan or bad idea on your part will FORCE her to be sleazy. That's all up to her. And people who are in a committed relationship can be tested a lot. Offers are made or they're in situations that would allow for infidelity, so it's not like this is the only 'test' or whatnot this girl will ever have to face. Not saying she shouldn't be mad with you if she finds out, but her true colors will show either way, you can't hide those or point the finger at anyone else.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

Boogie_J
AWESOME PLAN!!!!!! just don't tell her u set her up she will just reverse it and say you don't trust her blah blah blah just say "you passed"-thats it
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
Wow. This is a terrible idea. There are so many other outcomes that could happen. For example: ~ She and your friend could actually do something and not tell you. ~ Even if she passes the test, she could be angry at you for testing her and not trusting her. DON'T DO THIS. BAD!
Red-Ravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Red-Ravens
Member since 2009 • 1209 Posts
Outcome nuber 4. She does stuff with him and then tells you.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Jake sounds like a cool dude.

pdizzel87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pdizzel87
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

You have got to be kidding me. This is a terrible idea and will either end in her finding out you planned it and hating you for it or your mate hooking up with your girlfriend. Lots of girls flirt with guys when they are drunk but 90% of the time it doesn't mean anything. To be honest you are probablymisinterpretingfriendliness for flirting and apparently jealousy is a major turn off for girls.

Boogie_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Boogie_J

[QUOTE="Boogie_J"]

[QUOTE="-FlyLo-"]

duxup

I hate to break it to you but there is a lot more more than Mr. Jake and some silly implausible situation out there to test your girlfriend.

then what do you propose i do? i'm just trying to see if this is the girl i'm going to marry. if i didnt care about her i wouldnt be doing this and would have already broken up with her. it sounds decietful, but i cant just blindly trust someone. it would crush me if i ever found out she cheated on me

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
4) her and Jake actually hook up and Jake and her dont tell you about it. instead they pretend to do option 1).
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Oleg_Huzwog

He's one hep cat

That guy gets invited to ALL the parties

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

You're just going to do is demonstrate to her how little you trust her...duxup

Yeah. This.

Either it could go great...or really bad.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

Jaysonguy

He's one hep cat

That guy gets invited to ALL the parties

I don't think it's fair to have Jake do it. No girl can resist Jake.

HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
Wow...this is a bad idea. I kinda feel sorry for your girlfriend for having such an untrusting boyfriend. O_o
enjoy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 enjoy07

[QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="Boogie_J"]

Boogie_J

then what do you propose i do? i'm just trying to see if this is the girl i'm going to marry. if i didnt care about her i wouldnt be doing this and would have already broken up with her. it sounds decietful, but i cant just blindly trust someone. it would crush me if i ever found out she cheated on me

Trust comes with time in a relationship. If you feel you can't trust her know, instead of doing something stupid to hurt her and to ruin her trust for you, get to know her even more. If you dont trust her, then chances are youdont know her as well as you think you do.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 duxup

[QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="Boogie_J"]

Boogie_J

Obviously you don't trust her. Maybe there is a reason? Maybe you're just an untrusting dude. Either way the trust issue is on your end to deal with. No amount of testing is going to fix that. Her lack of interest in Mr. Jake would prove nothing except that you don't trust her and maybe some other unpleasant things about you.
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
Kate Bush would like a word with you
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Perfect plan! Then, once she finds out what an ass you are she can just dump you and you won't have to worry about the relationship anymore.

0Tyler0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 0Tyler0
Member since 2008 • 2602 Posts

Perfect plan! Then, once she finds out what an ass you are she can just dump you and you won't have to worry about the relationship anymore.

metroidfood
back to mr hand
blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#49 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
You're just going to do is demonstrate to her how little you trust her...duxup
I agree with this!
-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -FlyLo-
[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

0Tyler0
back to mr hand

What about his twin brother? :o