I'm being forced to change schools...

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

And I don't know what I'll do. All my best friends AND my girlfriend whom I've been going out with for 11 months are staying at the school. (The school boundaries have changed by the district, that is why I'm changing schools.) How do I cope with this? How do I keep in contact with my friends besides Facebook and a webcam? A nice letter? -sigh- This is all so sudden...

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Seriously? You don't know how to stay in touch with people? :|

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MasterBolt360

Pirate700
You know what I mean. It's not going to be the same, such as seeing them everyday and talking to them frequently. I don't come across good friends like these very often.
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

"The school boundaries have changed by the district, that is why I'm changing schools"

Sucks that you have to change school, but I don't quite understand why. What do you mean by boundaries?

Anyway, you should just hang out with them more often. I'm sure you will meet new freinds regardless.

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MasterBolt360

"The school boundaries have changed by the district, that is why I'm changing schools"

Sucks that you have to change school, but I don't quite understand why. What do you mean by boundaries?

Anyway, you should just hang out with them more often. I'm sure you will meet new freinds regardless.

WasntAvailable
Certain parts of the city go to different schools. I have about 7 high schools in my district.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Uh...Phones?
Nevlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nevlim
Member since 2007 • 5312 Posts
I'm in a different school than all my friends (old firends) and we still hang out every friday, you can do that.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

MasterBolt360

You know what I mean. It's not going to be the same, such as seeing them everyday and talking to them frequently. I don't come across good friends like these very often.

At your age it's going to be tough. In all seriousness, the relationships will probably end as you are no longer in each other's "loop". Just try to hang out every friday or something.

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
you can request to change schools . i lived right next to a high school, but opted to go to the one where all my friends went to, also it was overall better.
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
that suck dude maby you could hang out with them when school is over, or during the weekend or sumtin
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
what did you do to get kicked out of school anyway? :P
MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MasterBolt360
you can request to change schools . i lived right next to a high school, but opted to go to the one where all my friends went to, also it was overall better.nimatoad2000
I would, but I have no transportation to my old school.
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

[QUOTE="WasntAvailable"]

MasterBolt360

Certain parts of the city go to different schools. I have about 7 high schools in my district.

Do you not have any control over which one you go to? I think it's just a bit unfair to pull someone from one high school in to another simply because of a reclassification.They should apply the changesto those who are startinghigh school so they can avoid disturbing peoples educationm, it seemsquite inconsiderate.

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MasterBolt360

[QUOTE="MasterBolt360"][QUOTE="WasntAvailable"]

WasntAvailable

Do you not have any control over which one you go to? I think it's just a bit unfair to pull someone from one high school in to another simply because of a reclassification.They should apply the changesto those who are startinghigh school so they can avoid disturbing peoples educationm, it seemsquite inconsiderate.

I know, the district is pretty messed up. They are just trying to fill up the new school they built (for no damn reason) with students from almost all the schools.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
good lord, you'll live. this type of stuff will happen many times in your life. you'll make new friends. be lucky you live in a time where you have facebook and the internet so that you never actually have to lose touch with childhood friends. instead you're lives will just grow apart and most will just end up as only facebook friends.
Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
I recently changed school (by choice) as well. I understand where you are. Think of the bright side- you will be meeting new people at your new school, you'll make new friends, and you can still keep in touch with your old friends, and still hang out outside of school. Of course everything that happens is dependent on your choices, so best of luck.
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

I don't know.. where I lived we had school of choice so even if you lived outside of that school district you could choose to attend it anyways.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

make new friends... then tell your old friends how much cooler your new friends are...

theharlemshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 theharlemshake
Member since 2009 • 808 Posts
Just keep in touch as best as you already can and pretty soon when you're all driving (if nobody is already) it'll be pretty simple to feel like you never left.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#22 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Try to stay in touch if You want to, like others said. Yeah You could try on a weekly or even a monthly basis. Just don't try to force them. Friendships come from both sides, eh. I see my friends once every month, and we have been friends since we were 8 or something. It works and i love it. We see each other less of course. They are getting relationships, jobs. Live in different cities now. But it's not a kind of friendship that we can forget.

I don't want to be harsh but realistic. Those kind of friendships are very exceptional. Most of my friendships ended slowly, in silence. What are the odds You would stick together forever?
At some point those things just end. But it isn't The end. When something ends it's the oppertunity to start something new. You're going to meet so many new people. I'm sure some of them will be jerks, and some will be really nice. They won't be the same, but they don't have to, right?
It's a bit like a game, figuring out who is who again.
You're going to be fine.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

I've been friends with a guy for a few years now, and only see each other once or so a month, we call each other almost every day.

Anyways you would stop talking them would happen overtime, moving just sped up the process.

Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts
try to get a permit or whatever to go back to your same school. And they wouldn't just change you in the middle of the year so enjoy the rest of it
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Sucks man. Facebook time! =-(

darkIink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darkIink
Member since 2006 • 2705 Posts

make new friends... then tell your old friends how much cooler your new friends are...

jrhawk42
and then we roll them up in a carpet and throw them off a bridge! hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee!!!!
killer978452

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#27 killer978452
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts

I've had to do it to. It's hard. You don't know how to stay in contact and everything. I will tell you from personal experience that it WILL never be the same. It's all over. Unless you really are dedicated. It's your life and YOU are in command. Even if you are 15...16...or however old you are. It doesn't matter. It's your life. Do what you want to do. It worked for me. Trust me. You're in control ;)

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
It's called weekends. If you have a phone or a facebook profile just get together with them. it's not rocket science. When you get older you won't be seeing your best friends everyday. You'll be lucky for at least a few times a week or even a month.
MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MasterBolt360

When you get older you won't be seeing your best friends everyday. HoolaHoopMan
Why do you think I'm trying not to loose them now?

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Friends come and go. That's life. Embrace it.

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts

If you havnt got facebook this is the time to get it :)

cornholio157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 cornholio157
Member since 2005 • 4603 Posts

not like your actually moving. your still at the same house, no reason going to a different school than your freinds should keep them from hanging out with you

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

And I don't know what I'll do. All my best friends AND my girlfriend whom I've been going out with for 11 months are staying at the school. (The school boundaries have changed by the district, that is why I'm changing schools.) How do I cope with this? How do I keep in contact with my friends besides Facebook and a webcam? A nice letter? -sigh- This is all so sudden...

MasterBolt360
Same thing happened at my school. You don't live in Seattle by chance? :P
IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

Wait, so requesting to go to your old school is an option? People do that around where I live.
What do you mean you "have no transport" to your old school? (or did you use take a school bus? I guess they don't have those for the in-city school here)

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
You can still hang out. Once a month me and my friends from my old high school go out and chill. Its not hard especially these days
MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MasterBolt360

Wait, so requesting to go to your old school is an option? People do that around where I live.
What do you mean you "have no transport" to your old school? (or did you use take a school bus? I guess they don't have those for the in-city school here)

IcyToasters

Yeah, I ride a school bus. And yes, requesting to go to your old school is an option, as long as you have transportation.

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MasterBolt360
[QUOTE="MasterBolt360"]

KHAndAnime
Same thing happened at my school. You don't live in Seattle by chance? :P

Nah, Houston, Texas. :P
socked_feet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 socked_feet
Member since 2008 • 2290 Posts
How far away are these schools from each other? There's always weekends, silly! It will be okay. :) At least it's not different cities.
IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

Yeah, I ride a school bus. And yes, requesting to go to your old school is an option, as long as you have transportation.

MasterBolt360

Ah. Well.. get licence when you can, and buy a little truck to drive to school in? :P
This all must suck though. :(

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
maybe try quitting school all together
CF3689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CF3689
Member since 2008 • 833 Posts

That really sucks. :(

sonic__323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#42 sonic__323
Member since 2007 • 23684 Posts

That's a bummer man :(. Well, the only thing I could tell you is to try to keep in touch with them online or phone either one. I'm not the best person to give these kind of advice/help so sorry if it's not much just hang in there.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Talk to your counselor about it and they might just let you stay. They did that to my other High School last year and gave people a chance to stay by signing some paper, though I left because my counselor was kind of dumb and made way too many mistakes, which **** up my school year.

Even people in the office were dumb... jeez what are they breathing?

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
get someone to put you down in an address in the district
goth_bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 goth_bacon
Member since 2007 • 1110 Posts
You could always telegram them. If that doesn't work, you can use the tried and true smoke signals.
htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

Really? Forced?

When I was in high school I had a few friends that came in from way outside the school boundaries.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Make new friends.
cowplayinghalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cowplayinghalo
Member since 2005 • 1642 Posts

Can you get a parent or friend to drive you? Take the city bus? Also how far are these schools frome eachother, and how far do you live from school? As long as you have school of choice you'll be fine. They did the same thing in my city, as well as added 9th grade to high school (we only had 10th, 11th, and 12th before)

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

MasterBolt360

Well, you still live in the same city, right?

Keep in touch on Facebook, talk to them on the phone, hang out with them on the weekends.

Have a sense of perspective here. 100 years ago, if your wife needed to go from New York to Paris for business, she'd be gone for MONTHS, and you'd have little way of getting in contact with her while she was gone. Today, your wife could go to Paris for a business trip and be back three days later. And while she's gone, you can video conference with her over the computer.

Or let's look at it another way. Right now, I'm on Gamespot. I'm talking to people in New York, Seattle, Paris, and Hong Kong. And those people aren't even my friends.

The world has gotten a LOT closer with recent technology. And apparently, it sounds like you still live in the same CITY as your friends. So not only do you have an unprecedented ability to stay in contact with them from a distance, you can also schedule times in which to meet with them PHYSICALLY and have fun together.

Just get their contact info. That's it. Then, if you guys still want to stay in touch, it will be incredibly easy to do so.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

MasterBolt360

Well, that's life. Sorry, but you need to start getting used to it.

When you graduate from elementary school, some of your friends may go to a different middle school. When yopu graduate from middle school, some of your friends might go to a different high school. And when you graduate from high school, I guarantee that most of your friends won't be going to the same university. Then you graduate from university, and your friends move all over the place to either find jobs or continue their schooling.

It happens. It has ALWAYS happened, and now it is easier than ever before to stay in contact with your friends.

If you want to stay in contact with them, then make the required effort to do so. If it's not worth the effort to keep in touch with them, then "so long".