I'm an a** with girls that have boyfriends...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alan056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alan056
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

I don't know if it's the same for you, but read this:

In everyday life, I'm kind of the fun guy you know, always laughing for nothing, doing crazy stuff etc. I don't really have great difficulties to talk to women, not too shy or anything. I mean, I have my own style you know, as everyone. But I'm cool only with girls who are single!

The thing is, I don't see why I should make any effort in being nice and funny with a girl who has a boyfriend. What's the point really ? You're never gonna end up with her. Of course this is only for girls I didn't know before.

I have girl friends (friends that are girls, not girlfirend) that have boyfriends and I'm still "myself", because they're friends you know.

But with girls I've just met, or at work for example, if I know they're taken, then the hell with it, I'll just shut up and never speak to her..

Weird...

Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts
lol. what is a girl with a boyfriend tells you shes single?!
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

don't worry i'm just an *** too, we are a rare bred that makes life so much more interesting:D

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I wish more people were like you. Too many good relationships get screwed up because somebody tries to date one of the people in it.
Nintendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Nintendevil
Member since 2007 • 6598 Posts

I seem to be the opposite. I'm neck deep in girls, but none of them are single...

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
I wish more people were like you. Too many good relationships get screwed up because somebody tries to date one of the people in it.XilePrincess
*hides* I really hate this girls on-off boyfriend. He looks like a douchebag and behaves like one too.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 th3warr1or

I seem to be the opposite. I'm neck deep in girls, but none of them are single...

Nintendevil
Same.
one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

I wonder if anybody is thinking of Matt Berry when they read the OP :lol:

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts

So you're only nice to girls if there's a chance you might have sex with them?

You sound like a great guy...

GaGa_LOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GaGa_LOO
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts
it sounds like just speaking to girls with the hope that you'll eventually get with them, i think, you just see girls as just a date. and when she's in a relationship, there's no point even trying. i think that's kinda bad :/
Nintendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nintendevil
Member since 2007 • 6598 Posts

I wish more people were like you. Too many good relationships get screwed up because somebody tries to date one of the people in it.XilePrincess

Yes because that's the only reason people talk to girls...

GaGa_LOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GaGa_LOO
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts
[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

my point exactly =o
alan056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alan056

black_cat19

not sex necessarily! It's just nice to think "I COULD try to go further in the friendship" . You can't think that with a taken girl...

Avatar image for voluptuoushrewd
voluptuoushrewd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 voluptuoushrewd
Member since 2010 • 255 Posts
Well, in the end, cheating involves 2 (or more) people who chose to cheat. That, and being nice does not always mean that you're hitting on someone--Though, I'll admit, a stranger being too friendly with your girlfriend or boyfriend is extremely annoying especially if you're like me: A jealous **** Anyway, I am, generally, an **** I can be nice and I can be mean. It depends on you, not your relationship status. Get to know people because you want to know them, not because you want to get into their pants.
alan056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alan056
[QUOTE="GaGa_LOO"]it sounds like just speaking to girls with the hope that you'll eventually get with them, i think, you just see girls as just a date. and when she's in a relationship, there's no point even trying. i think that's kinda bad :/

that's it exactly. why is it bad?
pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

I like talking to girls with the intention of only becoming friends, it takes the pressure off. Plus, having a mix of guy and gal friends is pretty cool

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

In fact, my best friend is a girl

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 black_cat19

[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

alan056

not sex necessarily! It's just nice to think "I COULD try to go further in the friendship" . You can't think that with a taken girl...

Still, there's no reason to be a jerk. You could make a good friend if you were nice to one of these girls, you never know, and it's always good to make new friends, regardless of gender, right?

alan056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 alan056
well personally I don't believe in a good friendshipt between a girl and a boy. I mean come on guys, and pete_merlin especially, didn't you ever want to go "further" ? There will always be one that wants "more". it's unavoidable. you can't have the same friendship that you have with a boy than with a girl.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 th3warr1or
[QUOTE="alan056"]well personally I don't believe in a good friendshipt between a girl and a boy. I mean come on guys, and pete_merlin especially, didn't you ever want to go "further" ? There will always be one that wants "more". it's unavoidable. you can't have the same friendship that you have with a boy than with a girl.

I have to agree with you somewhat. Best friends of opposite genders will definitely eventually have SOME feelings for the other.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 black_cat19

[QUOTE="GaGa_LOO"]it sounds like just speaking to girls with the hope that you'll eventually get with them, i think, you just see girls as just a date. and when she's in a relationship, there's no point even trying. i think that's kinda bad :/alan056

Because girls are people, not walking jackpot machines to try your luck at...

¬_¬'

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts
...Or they can be like me and remain just a friend when they know the girl is taken...
alan056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alan056
yeah sure "just a friend" that doesn't exist. deep down inside of you, you'd want more!
2Late4Tears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 2Late4Tears
Member since 2010 • 36 Posts

lol dude i felt the same way...but then when you talk to them u get a diffrent kinda bond then a single girl...and usually the taken girl helps u out with things almost like how ur guy friends do

Avatar image for deactivated-5855efbca02a1
deactivated-5855efbca02a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#25 deactivated-5855efbca02a1
Member since 2005 • 9341 Posts
I'm kinda the same OP. I realised I'm a douchebag in real life, so I recently just stopped even trying to hide it.
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
[QUOTE="alan056"][QUOTE="GaGa_LOO"]it sounds like just speaking to girls with the hope that you'll eventually get with them, i think, you just see girls as just a date. and when she's in a relationship, there's no point even trying. i think that's kinda bad :/

Because you're basically discounting them as people unless they wish to lay beside your quivering body.. Girls can be as close as your male friends.. ridiculous thinking otherwise..
Mr_Manikin52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Mr_Manikin52
Member since 2004 • 12300 Posts

In everyday life, I'm kind of the fun guy you know, always laughing for nothing, doing crazy stuff etc. I don't really have great difficulties to talk to women, not too shy or anything. I mean, I have my own style you know, as everyone. But I'm cool only with girls who are single!

The thing is, I don't see why I should make any effort in being nice and funny with a girl who has a boyfriend. What's the point really ? You're never gonna end up with her. Of course this is only for girls I didn't know before.

I have girl friends (friends that are girls, not girlfirend) that have boyfriends and I'm still "myself", because they're friends you know.

But with girls I've just met, or at work for example, if I know they're taken, then the hell with it, I'll just shut up and never speak to her..

Weird...

alan056

Kevin Smith should make a movie about your situation.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

Story of my life. Been left heart broken twice now after 2 very long term relationships.

BadAzzOG619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 BadAzzOG619
Member since 2004 • 376 Posts

Here's my philosophy on the situation: I have no problem being friends with girls who are already in an existing relationship. The only thing that I do not tolerate is when they want to start doing things with you that their boyfriend would normally do with them. There's no way that I will step out of the line of duty for someone who is already taken. You want to go see a movie? Take your boyfriend with you; that is what he is there for. Basically, I won't take over relational responsibilities that are otherwise exclusive to the boyfriend. That would basically be me doing all the work while he still gets to be with her.

Whoops, I went on a little rant; I haven't had a good post here in years....

:D

Y2Jfan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Y2Jfan23
Member since 2009 • 898 Posts
That would be the chicks fault...nobody forces someone to cheat.
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

I've had plenty of close friends who are girls, yet never close in a relationship way... I'm just not someone who goes out there thinking that every last girl i befriend therefore must be my girlfriend or else she's useless to me... I already have a girlfriend anyways, so I couldn't care less if another girl already has a boyfriend. If she's friendly to me and I'm friendly to her, then I guess I'd have a new friend. It doesn't mean I can't make other friends without getting close to them in that matter... It's very possible to make friends of the opposite sex without getting in a relationship with them. Shocking, I know.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
some of my best freinds are females that are "taken"....you can be freinds with the opposite sex....it's really not that difficult to do...
Mousetaches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mousetaches
Member since 2009 • 1293 Posts
I'm almost the exact opposite. I'm really comfortable around girls who have boyfriends because I know (well, for the most part) they aren't looking for a potential boyfriend so I don't have to worry about trying to attract them. However, I have caused a relationship or two to break up because I guess I'm kind of cute/funny when I'm relaxed? I'm the type of kid that doesn't really care what other people think about my appearance, but I do get really nervous around single girls, especially ones I like.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
I'm sure there is a difference between flirting with someone and just being friendly.
joao_22990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 joao_22990
Member since 2007 • 2230 Posts
You do have a problem, sir, and that is expecting nothing but a sexual relationship with girls. I'm sure you also think girls are the only thing worth striving for, right? Getting married is the mark of success? I wonder how much time until someone posts the ladder theory. Poor people.
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts
Well that's just sad. I don't think the people you are rude to are missing out on anything - but you are missing out on some great friendships.
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sajedene
yeah sure "just a friend" that doesn't exist. deep down inside of you, you'd want more!alan056
If that is how you feel then that is an issue with you that perhaps you might need to seek help for. This will cause a strain on any potential relationship you will have with a girl as well - if all you see girls as are someone to "go further" with.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
dude... not all of your interaction with women has to be based on the prospect of "getting some". Like, my current girlfriend I met when she was going out with another guy. That was 2 years ago, but the point remains.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

I don't talk to anyone unless they ask me a question first :)

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sajedene

Snipes_2
Oh really? Why?
JonnyEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JonnyEagle
Member since 2009 • 1196 Posts
Dude, it shouldn't matter if they're taken, if they're cool people then they can make great friends, and chances are, they have female friends who are single. It never hurts to expand your social circle.....
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts
[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Sajedene
Oh really? Why?

I don't know, I just don't. Not good at the whole "Initiating Conversation" thing. Just feels awkward to me.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
I find it easier to just be nice to everyone, equally. It's not like you have to make an effort or anything....
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sajedene
[QUOTE="Sajedene"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Snipes_2
Oh really? Why?

I don't know, I just don't. Not good at the whole "Initiating Conversation" thing. Just feels awkward to me.

Practice. It helps.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

I find it really sad that many guys are on the same level of thinking as you are (The OP) , you just need to grow up is all I guess, girls shouldn't just be looked at as sex objects (In fact this should be so obvious I feel stupid even saying it when we live in a todays society where men and women are for the most part equal) girls can make just as good friends as other guys, it's stupid to think they can't. I have many friends that are girls and I sometimes prefer them over my guy friends, they tend to laugh at my jokes and pay attention to me more. :oops:

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
[QUOTE="Sajedene"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Snipes_2
Oh really? Why?

What if someone told you "I love you"? Like now I love you.
DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#48 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

In fact, my best friend is a girl

pete_merlin
Same here :D
jstamm33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 jstamm33
Member since 2008 • 492 Posts

Weird...

alan056
to answer your question about being an ass to taken girls, is because more often then not, they'll have hot friends. If your an ass to her then her friends will ignore you. If your nice to the taken girl then her friends will see you as a good guy. Trust me, I used to do that all the time at partys and such.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#50 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16005 Posts

My guess is that your resentment towards them comes from being bitter. Sounds like you really want a girlfriend, and that you see a girl who's taken as a missed opportunity. You don't have to feel bitter towards them because there's no guarentee that a certain girl would be your type. Not all of them would make for good girlfriends.