If you knew HOW you were going to die...

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#1 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

...But didn't know when or where, how would you act?

Example: You knew you were going to die in a car accident. Would you try to minimize your driving?

I think I would, but if I was going to die in the shower or something, I wouldn't stop showering, I'd just be more careful, I guess?

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I'd start taking baths.
kingphillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kingphillip
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts

I'm paranoid as it is, so if I was knew I was going to die driving, I'd stay as far away from any motor vehicle as possible.

xxxAdvocatexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxxAdvocatexxx
Member since 2008 • 1797 Posts

Probably listen to that Nickelback song "If your day was your last day" and follow the directions...

Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts

I'd probably just be disappointed because I die in an incredibly lame way.

Neon-Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 Neon-Tiger
Member since 2008 • 7683 Posts
Inevitability makes me poop on those thoughts. Why try to avoid what will happen no matter what?
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AAllxxjjnn
Inevitability makes me poop on those thoughts. Why try to avoid what will happen no matter what? Neon-Tiger
Because i don't want to DIE just yet.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
[QUOTE="Neon-Tiger"]Inevitability makes me poop on those thoughts. Why try to avoid what will happen no matter what? AAllxxjjnn
Because i don't want to DIE just yet.

Yeah, especially if it's like a daily activity like showering. Every time I would do that I would wonder...
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

Example: You knew you were going to die in a car accident. Would you try to minimize your driving?

I think I would, but if I was going to die in the shower or something, I wouldn't stop showering, I'd just be more careful, I guess?

spazzx625
depends on the way. like driving...that's just too common for me to really change (since i have to work and stuff). the Showering thing is something i can change so i would do that. if it was eating a certain food or something else i can avoid i probably would. though i doubt that i would believe in such a prediction anyway.
wii4panta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 wii4panta
Member since 2007 • 2886 Posts
I'd suicide to trick god.
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
If it was going to be by some weird way, like eaten by a dinosaur, Id go the bookies and put a tenner on it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
I'd suicide to trick god.wii4panta
self-fulfilling prophecy Like, say you were going to die in a car accident? You attempt to suicide, fail, a helicopter comes to take you to the hospital and then a la die hard, a car runs into your helicopter killing you and all occupants of said helicopter.
solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

spazzx625

But what if you were on a bike and a car hit you? That would still be a car accident:o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="spazzx625"]

solidruss

But what if you were on a bike and a car hit you? That would still be a car accident:o

haha, i beat you to it with a car accident involving a helicopter :P
solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

[QUOTE="solidruss"]

[QUOTE="spazzx625"]

Jandurin

haha, i beat you to it with a car accident involving a helicopter :P

*shakes fist*

I'll get you next time:P

wii4panta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wii4panta
[QUOTE="wii4panta"]I'd suicide to trick god.Jandurin
self-fulfilling prophecy Like, say you were going to die in a car accident? You attempt to suicide, fail, a helicopter comes to take you to the hospital and then a la die hard, a car runs into your helicopter killing you and all occupants of said helicopter.

I'd grab a submarine, dive 1000 meter under the see and then open the door. BAM! What now? HUH?
monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
meh wouldnt worry, id carry on life as i was. if you knew how you were going to die then there is no avoiding it right, so why should we be cautious if we know how it ends. its like if you were reading a good book and someone told you the ending, do you stop reading it or keep going to the end?
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="wii4panta"]I'd suicide to trick god.wii4panta

I'd grab a submarine, dive 1000 meter under the see and then open the door. BAM! What now? HUH?

The Mermen from Atlantis save you. As they are bring you to the surface a car drives off a cliff into the water...striking you in the head.

Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bloodaxe726

meh wouldnt worry, id carry on life as i was. if you knew how you were going to die then there is no avoiding it right, so why should we be cautious if we know how it ends. its like if you were reading a good book and someone told you the ending, do you stop reading it or keep going to the end?monkeyd_93

If the ending of the good book is terrible I'd probably stop reading it.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
I would have a lot of fun - if I die while driving a car, It'd be safe to steal a boat and sail it to the Indian ocean.
MuddVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MuddVader
Member since 2007 • 6326 Posts

spazzx625

I would just avoid anything that could lead to my death, like you stated though, if its something practical than of course you cant just stop doing it, but just being painstakingly careful and watching your every movement probably wouldnt hurt. Like I would probably shower on my knees since the chance of slipping is always there lol.

wii4panta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wii4panta

[QUOTE="wii4panta"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] self-fulfilling prophecy Like, say you were going to die in a car accident? You attempt to suicide, fail, a helicopter comes to take you to the hospital and then a la die hard, a car runs into your helicopter killing you and all occupants of said helicopter.AAllxxjjnn

The Mermen from Atlantis save you. As they are bring you to the surface a car drives off a cliff into the water...striking you in the head.

That is a sneaky god indeed...damnit..
Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bloodaxe726

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]

[QUOTE="wii4panta"] I'd grab a submarine, dive 1000 meter under the see and then open the door. BAM! What now? HUH?wii4panta

Go stay in a bomb shelter, then dare a car to come kill you.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="spazzx625"]

MuddVader

I would just avoid anything that could lead to my death, like you stated though, if its something practical than of course you cant just stop doing it, but just being painstakingly careful and watching your every movement probably wouldnt hurt. Like I would probably shower on my knees since the chance of slipping is always there lol.

On your knees? Just take a bath lol...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

AAllxxjjnn
hahaha to be fair, where i lived for the previous year only had a shower, no bathtub.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
I'm not so sure it's possible to stop the inevitable. I'm pretty sure, that no matter how I die, I'm still going to die. Sure, there is nothing wrong with trying to delay death, (in fact, I encourage it) but we can't consume our lives with fear if it ending.
marluxia101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 marluxia101
Member since 2009 • 1614 Posts

you guys obviously didnt see final destination

RobStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RobStorm
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts
I don't think it would matter to me. Minimizing any kind of activity would be akin to holding the Reaper's hand.
Cathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cathan
Member since 2009 • 179 Posts
I don't wanna die :(
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
I don't wanna die :(Cathan
Tough.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
That depends on my type of death. If it were driving, I would be relatively content to get a job through the internet, work at home, and have the wall of my house reinforced with titanium. But if it were something like a piano falling on my head, I suppose there wouldn't be much I could do about it. Now for a more interesting scenario: What would you guys do if your death was prophesied to be at the hands of zombies?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
What would you guys do if your death was prophesied to be at the hands of zombies?Head_of_games
I would intend to take as many of them with me as possible.
wii4panta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wii4panta

[QUOTE="wii4panta"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] The Mermen from Atlantis save you. As they are bring you to the surface a car drives off a cliff into the water...striking you in the head.

Bloodaxe726

Go stay in a bomb shelter, then dare a car to come kill you.

Ok the next time I'll find a submarine, dive to 1000metres, the mermen from Atlantis save me and a car drives off a cliff and kills me, I'll just stay in a bomb shelter!! :D
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#36 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

There's no use fighting against the inevitable. I imagine if my cause of death was already written in stone then, I imagine, the time and place would be as well. I'd just continue going about my life as I normally do.

XanderKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 XanderKage
Member since 2006 • 8956 Posts

Well, that would depend on my way to go. If it was something lame, like choking, I'd try to avoid it. But if it was something cool, like being squashed by a giant monster, or in a zombie apocalypce, it wouldn't be so bad. Oh, and I'd definetly would like to go not alone and to be one of the last people to die... As you see, I've given it some thought... Spooky, isn't it?

MuddVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MuddVader
Member since 2007 • 6326 Posts

[QUOTE="MuddVader"]

[QUOTE="spazzx625"]

AAllxxjjnn

Baths take alot longer than showers though. Dont always have the time for baths, and if you are at risk of dying in the shower, that means that drowing in the bath is a danger too.

Ikouze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 Ikouze
Member since 2009 • 2027 Posts

I would try to change the future.

cousin_eddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 cousin_eddy
Member since 2004 • 74681 Posts
if I know hoe i'd die die it'd probably be from drug overdose since I am a musician..so I'll just stay away from drugs :P
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#41 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
I'm having flashbacks to the movie "Minority Report". For me personally, I would make it completely impossible for me to ever die the way in question by strict avoidance. For example, if I knew that I was going to die in a car accident, then I'd have a perfectly valid excuse to always have the wife go pick up groceries, new video games, etc. I, on the other hand, would have no choice but to sit in front of a computer or a TV all day so as to avoid the possibility of dying in an auto accident. You know...how Tom Cruise's character in Minority Report SHOULD have acted. :P
XanderKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 XanderKage
Member since 2006 • 8956 Posts

I, on the other hand, would have no choice but to sit in front of a computer or a TV all day nocoolnamejim

So... How is that different from what you do now? :P

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#43 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] I, on the other hand, would have no choice but to sit in front of a computer or a TV all day XanderKage

So... How is that different from what you do now? :P

Now I'd have a good excuse. :D
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#44 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts
If i know that i am going to die in a car crash, then i am going to die in a car crash, given the hypothetical fact that i am going to die in a car crash. I cannot do anything about it, it is inevitable, so acting upon given data is irrational, since it would be like fighting the rising sun. I would acknowledge my defeat, realize that there is apparently an empirical size that goes by the name of "fate" and then pick up religion and become a highly devout member of the catholic church, preferrably in the role of a modern paladin. Fin
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

If I knew how I was going to die... I'd live my life as normal and not worry about it. Death is a great thing and too many humans look down on it.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
If i know that i am going to die in a car crash, then i am going to die in a car crash, given the hypothetical fact that i am going to die in a car crash. I cannot do anything about it, it is inevitable, so acting upon given data is irrational, since it would be like fighting the rising sun. I would acknowledge my defeat, realize that there is apparently an empirical size that goes by the name of "fate" and then pick up religion and become a highly devout member of the catholic church, preferrably in the role of a modern paladin. FinBiancaDK
lol, I love your response. Paladins ftw!
wii4panta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wii4panta
[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]If i know that i am going to die in a car crash, then i am going to die in a car crash, given the hypothetical fact that i am going to die in a car crash. I cannot do anything about it, it is inevitable, so acting upon given data is irrational, since it would be like fighting the rising sun. I would acknowledge my defeat, realize that there is apparently an empirical size that goes by the name of "fate" and then pick up religion and become a highly devout member of the catholic church, preferrably in the role of a modern paladin. Fin

It is usually inevitable because you don't know that you're gonna die (in normal circumstances.) If know it'll happen though, you might as well commit suicide as I suggested! @_@
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#48 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
If I knew I was going to die in a car accdient, I'd just live my life. For instance, if I avoided driving, I'd die being hit as a pedestrian. Same with riding a bike, or a motorcyle, or even riding the bus (it would be a one in a million shot, but I can see it happening. Hell, even if I stayed home, I'd hear a knock at the door, and when I would go to open it, I would get run over by a car. So... there's no point in avoiding somethign you know is unavoidable.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#49 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts
lol, I love your response. Paladins ftw!mindstorm
With a 250 pound mace and the good book, redemption shall be handed out like it was skittles.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]lol, I love your response. Paladins ftw!BiancaDK
With a 250 pound mace and the good book, redemption shall be handed out like it was skittles.

People hand out skittles where you live? I want to move there.