If I wanted to review video games on YouTube...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

How would I do it? do people use Windows Media Player?I want to be able to easily edit in pictures and videos of games... and how would I obtain said videos?

pr0hardgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 pr0hardgamer
Member since 2010 • 122 Posts
Just make sure you only review the hardest of games. 8)
CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
Review bad games. You'll be funny in no time!
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Get a youtube downloader, download clips that you like of the game from youtube, put them into Windows Movie Maker and organize them as you wish, record your voice over everything.
MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

Hey, that's my job! :evil:

But seriously, get Sony Vegas. Its worth the money.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ashley_wwe
[QUOTE="MasterBolt360"]

I don't want to pay anything :P. Also, I think I may use Windows Media Player. Just 2 questions though: To upload to YouTube does WMP need to convert to something else or can you just load it up? and what is a safe YouTube video downloader thing? what about KeepVid?
TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 TheTrueMagusX1
Member since 2009 • 2560 Posts

How would I do it? do people use Windows Media Player?I want to be able to easily edit in pictures and videos of games... and how would I obtain said videos?

Ashley_wwe

Despite what people are saying, there is no wrong way of doing vids. You just need to find your own style, and the style I use is taking clips from youtube and editing them to a narration is what I like. Whether they are scripted or not, some people like it scritped, some people like me donot script vids, and ad lib them, but there is no wrong way or right way. Trust me I know the game community pretty damn well on youtube.

One thing too is watch other reviewers and try to find a style that fits you and makes you stand out, The thing is that the video game reviewing community on youtube is huge, and there are alot of reviewers out there. Try to make yourself stand out...Hell donot even limit yourself to game reviews, you can add various things to your vids, such as rants, anime reviews, movie reviews....thats how I run my channel, I have a little bit of everything on there. I can also give you boost on youtube if you need to have, I have plenty of subs that I can promote you too(close to 6600 subs to be honest.) so I hope I can help you out. I am always willing to help people start out that are ready to start out on youtube.

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="MasterBolt360"]

Ashley_wwe

I don't want to pay anything :P. Also, I think I may use Windows Media Player. Just 2 questions though: To upload to YouTube does WMP need to convert to something else or can you just load it up? and what is a safe YouTube video downloader thing? what about KeepVid?

I would say stick with window movie maker, not only do you have to pay for it, but its not easy to learn, its a very complex program, esepcially for some one to start out.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ashley_wwe
[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"][QUOTE="MasterBolt360"]

I would say stick with window movie maker, not only do you have to pay for it, but its not easy to learn, its a very complex program, esepcially for some one to start out.

Bit confused, you have to pay for WMM?
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Play the game and record with fraps. Next take the videos and or pics and edit them in Windows Movie maker.. Be sure that you add voice overs and text to make it more interesting. Finally render to youtube..
TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"] I don't want to pay anything :P. Also, I think I may use Windows Media Player. Just 2 questions though: To upload to YouTube does WMP need to convert to something else or can you just load it up? and what is a safe YouTube video downloader thing? what about KeepVid?Ashley_wwe

Bit confused, you have to pay for WMM?

No, what I meant was for Sony Vegas that was a bit of bad wording on my part to be honest. You donot have to pay for WMM, but Vegas, but vegas has a very steep learning curve.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Disable comments unless you enjoy people hurling racist abuse at you with absolutely no provocation. :(
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Disable comments unless you enjoy people hurling racist abuse at you with absolutely no provocation. :(Ninja-Hippo

Dude, shut up. You hippos never have anything worthy of talking about. :x

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Disable comments unless you enjoy people hurling racist abuse at you with absolutely no provocation. :(DJ-Lafleur

Dude, shut up. You hippos never have anything worthy of talking about. :x

'Decent video man but i could have done it much better. Also, you should lose some weight because you're really fat. I dont like your voice either.' :P
Msteele48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Msteele48
Member since 2009 • 1879 Posts

Im not sure how to do that i just write reviews :)

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheTrueMagusX1

Disable comments unless you enjoy people hurling racist abuse at you with absolutely no provocation. :(Ninja-Hippo

I never really have that problem. Those people that do it are trolls, and the reason I donot get bothered by trolls is, youtube has a very well done and nice block feature. You block them, and thats it....move on with you life and those trolsl are done with. Donot disable comments, just use the block button.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#17 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
If you have Windows Live Movie Maker, that works fine.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

Are you going to be doing console game reviews?..If so, don't you need some sort of recording device to plug into the console?...

Some sort of cable or something..i can't remember the name..

CosmicZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CosmicZombie
Member since 2010 • 1585 Posts

[QUOTE="MasterBolt360"]

Ashley_wwe

Meh, just search up torrents ow w/e.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#20 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
If you have Windows Live Movie Maker, that works fine. Cloud_765
Bull Cloud, my copy doesn't want to work :(.
TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheTrueMagusX1

Are you going to be doing console game reviews?..If so, don't you need some sort of recording device to plug into the console?...

Some sort of cable or something..i can't remember the name..

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Dazzle if you want to record your own gameplay footage. But Dazzle can be a pain to work with at times.

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#22 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Just have a decent camera, a microphone so we can hear you, and some charisma. People who awkwardly review games or who read from some sort of script in a monotone way are the worst

groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 groovdafied
Member since 2005 • 5012 Posts
Windows Movie Maker is actually exceptional for a free application.
TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheTrueMagusX1

1. If you want to record yourself playing the games, use a game recorder like Fraps or Xfire. If you want to record TV footage, buy a capture card, or just a DVD recorder. I know you don't want to buy stuff, but trust me, it's worth it.QWERTYCommander

The problem with capture cards is that they can be unreliable, even Dazzle the best one can be finicky. You can have a good channel with out being fancy, I find that alot of the times there are people who have fantastic editing skills, capture their own gameplay footage, but in the end their reviews are terrible because they are rather boring to say the least. Its your speaking skills, and your own personality that ultimatley steal the show. The most important thing is not what you have, but who you are. The one trap you donot want to fall into is get an ego, because if you, thats what will ultimatley cost you. The best advice to give some one rather then get this and get that....is the way you address yourself and the way you treat your subs, cause thats what ultimatley does it for you.

You donot need all that fancy stuff, why? I have a terrible webcam, I used windows movie maker, and ultimatley rather say what i say then show off my editing skils. you can get far with out all that stuff. Look at a guy named Jedite 1, or myself, we both have similiar styles, we are in the thousands of subs(Jedite has close to ten thousand, I am close to 6600).

gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

laGameplay footage, your voice, you as a character from a game, and some humor like the way inside gaming gives news.

cornholio157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 cornholio157
Member since 2005 • 4603 Posts

[QUOTE="Cloud_765"]If you have Windows Live Movie Maker, that works fine. Daavpuke

yeah windows LIVE movie maker is crap. movie maker 2.6 is a vista/win7 compatible version of thereal windows movie maker from XP, its also less buggy than the one in XP. :P

also TC you dont make videos in WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, it only plays videosyou want WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER.

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"][QUOTE="Cloud_765"]If you have Windows Live Movie Maker, that works fine. cornholio157

yeah windows LIVE movie maker is crap. movie maker 2.6 is a vista/win7 compatible version of thereal windows movie maker from XP, its also less buggy than the one in XP. :P

also TC you dont make videos in WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, it only plays videosyou want WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER.

I just took a look at your channel, good stuff, seems like your focus is on Gameplay vids right?

cornholio157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cornholio157

[QUOTE="cornholio157"]

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"] Bull Cloud, my copy doesn't want to work :(.TheTrueMagusX1

I just took a look at your channel, good stuff, seems like your focus is on Gameplay vids right?

yeah i mainly do gameplay and walkthroughs. my friend who is the othercontributor usually focuses on the hardware aspects of PC gaming.

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

[QUOTE="cornholio157"]

cornholio157

yeah i mainly do gameplay and walkthroughs. my friend who is the othercontributor usually focuses on the hardware aspects of PC gaming.

Nice, mind if I give your channel a plug sometime? I think it might help...I got plenty of subs to share with! :D

cornholio157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cornholio157

[QUOTE="cornholio157"]

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

TheTrueMagusX1

Nice, mind if I give your channel a plug sometime? I think it might help...I got plenty of subs to share with! :D

go right ahead im always trying to promoteit, any help i can get is much appreciated.

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

[QUOTE="cornholio157"]

cornholio157

go right ahead im always trying to promoteit, any help i can get is much appreciated.

No problem I like to help channels that are starting out or donot have a whole lot of subs....you deserve more subs, your captured vids are quite well done, better then alot of other people.

cornholio157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cornholio157

[QUOTE="cornholio157"]

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

TheTrueMagusX1

No problem I like to help channels that are starting out or donot have a whole lot of subs....you deserve more subs, your captured vids are quite well done, better then alot of other people.

well thanks im glad someone enjoys my videos. the tag in my sig is also a link to the union where i "host" my group, were also on steam. my GS profile also houses updates.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ashley_wwe
Okay, I have my idea down I think :). I will just record myself, then hopefully it will be easy to show screenshots of the game in between for a beginner? can you do that? like place the recorded webcam video in to WMM and disable tiny bits of video with the talking still going while showing pictures?. By the way, I can't find WMM but I should have it... I did before and it's supposed to be instantly on Windows XP isn't it?
AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts
For capturing footage: Consoles: Dazzle recorder PC: Fraps or Xfire. Windows Movie Maker will be fine, just try to steer clear of having the generic blue background/white font opening.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
All you need is a mini camcorder/ or a digital camera that can record video.
Hopkins_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hopkins_J
Member since 2007 • 2030 Posts
Review good games and say they suck. You'll get a lot of attention in no time.