i wish dragon ball gt was a much better series

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dennysinny
Member since 2013 • 296 Posts

im looking at the series i know im late... but im not really feeling it.... sigh........

pan is so annoying

trunks act weird now.....

goku is a kid !!!!!

vegeta: seems much weaker

gohan and goten : just not what i thought they was going to be..........

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

...okay

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dennysinny

@lostrib said:

...okay

ok what?

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

I didn't love GT, but I did enjoy it. And yea, Goku being a kid again was stupid.

It has almost zero memorable or legendary moments unlike in DBZ.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dennysinny

@4myAmuzumament said:

I didn't love GT, but I did enjoy it. And yea, Goku being a kid again was stupid.

It has almost zero memorable or legendary moments unlike in DBZ.

im enjoying it sometimes... but i think it got a bit too silly.....and it seem like everyone is much weaker.....

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

have you seen all of GT, it gets dam good later on when Goku becomes SS4, and the epic fight he has omega shenron

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Theme song is pretty awesome... they got that going for them.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dennysinny

@thehig1 said:

have you seen all of GT, it gets dam good later on when Goku becomes SS4, and the epic fight he has omega shenron

lmao aww naw not yet ....i didnt see it all but i will soon.... lmao

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

but it's not.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@dennysinny said:

@thehig1 said:

lmao aww naw not yet ....i didnt see it all but i will soon.... lmao

what was so funny?

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

GT doesn't exist in my mind. Z is where it truly finished, GT is not canon.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

I wish I got paid to write.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#13 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@one_plum said:

I wish I got paid to write.

Me too.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

Dragon Ball > DBZ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GT.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

My biggest problem with GT, apart from it sucking Godzilla's balls, is that it effectively kills off the story. Its just like Xmen 3 or Iron Man 3. They are shit movies that ended in a way that pretty much made it impossible (or very hard) for anyone to continue the series and have it still be good. That's why we don't have Xmen 4 and are now on the First Class saga. Same thing happened with GT. Dragonball was a fantastic series and ended open to a sequel, that sequel was Dragonball Z which I also think was a fantastic series that changed the overall tone of the original series from comedy to a more serious tone. Then came the abomination that was GT. The moment Goku became a little kid I knew this shit was over. They tried to mix the comedic style of Dragonball with the serious tone of Dragonball Z, and they failed at both. Then to make it ever worse, once they failed they made sure that no one else could pick up where they left off and try to redeem the series.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Wanted to kill Pan, absolute pest

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59078 Posts

It's basically shit after Freezypop and namek. Part of what made it great was that both a super sayin and Freeza are in the background for such as long time that the payoff is immense.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20  Edited By shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

I always wanted to know why the animation looked considerably more dated and cheap compared to Z.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dennysinny

@II_Seraphim_II said:

My biggest problem with GT, apart from it sucking Godzilla's balls, is that it effectively kills off the story. Its just like Xmen 3 or Iron Man 3. They are shit movies that ended in a way that pretty much made it impossible (or very hard) for anyone to continue the series and have it still be good. That's why we don't have Xmen 4 and are now on the First Class saga. Same thing happened with GT. Dragonball was a fantastic series and ended open to a sequel, that sequel was Dragonball Z which I also think was a fantastic series that changed the overall tone of the original series from comedy to a more serious tone. Then came the abomination that was GT. The moment Goku became a little kid I knew this shit was over. They tried to mix the comedic style of Dragonball with the serious tone of Dragonball Z, and they failed at both. Then to make it ever worse, once they failed they made sure that no one else could pick up where they left off and try to redeem the series.

how about they pretend it never existed? lol..... i was very piss the way the made krillin look superrrrrr old........ i mean i know 13 years has pass but they didnt have to make him look like master roshi age ... smh ... im pissed that pan was a good potential character at the end up dbz and they became annoying .... and they had a lot of throw away episodes if you know what i mean,

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dennysinny

@Chatch09 said:

@dennysinny: "i wish dragonball gt was a much better series" - We all do man, you're definitely not alone. I guess they just ran out of ideas...

@dennysinny said:

@lostrib said:

...okay

ok what?

I noticed he just always has to be the first one to throw in his cheap, unwanted 2 cents....pay no mind.

@bobaban said:

Thats pretty much how I have to look at it too lol. It wasnt completely terrible though.....well.....sort of.

well since im new at watch this series you shouldve seen how happy i got when goten and trunks was thinking about fusion.. and then goku said NO, its use-less i was pisssed offfffffffffffffff

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

@dennysinny said:

@II_Seraphim_II said:

how about they pretend it never existed? lol..... i was very piss the way the made krillin look superrrrrr old........ i mean i know 13 years has pass but they didnt have to make him look like master roshi age ... smh ... im pissed that pan was a good potential character at the end up dbz and they became annoying .... and they had a lot of throw away episodes if you know what i mean,

Sometimes (usually when im rewatching DB or DBZ...which is all the time...) I think about how would I bring back the Dragonball franchise in a manner that would please all the fans? First of all I cant just retcon/disavow GT because technically it is canon. I would need to find a way to come back to Dragonball while still dealing with the mess that was left behind by GT. Worse yet, everyone loves Dragonball because of the interactions between the characters...so you couldnt just make a new Dragonball franchise with a completely new cast of characters...With that in mind, the only character you could realistically bring back in a semi decent way is Goku. Maybe some new evil comes which forces the guardian of earth (Dende or someone in his long line of successors) to bring back the dragon, and with the dragon, bring back Goku. So you have him back.

You could technically have Goku wish all his friends back, but I feel that would just feel way too forced, unless you could think of a good story reason for him doing so. Either way you'd have to bring back Goku's friends, or have him interact with the descendants of his friends. Another problem would be making new SSJ levels. since SSJ4 has black hair, it could be like tier 2 of a normal Saiyan. then when he goes above SSJ4, his hair turns gold again but with the fur til he looks more and more like the Golden Oozaru. I dunno...Pretty much the way GT ended its damn near impossible to bring back the franchise in any meaningful way. I think we just need to accept that the only thing we can expect from the DB universe is more games, and more movies....series are out of the question now.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

All the people complaining about GT

IT IS NOT CANON.

Akira Toriyama stopped writing the dragonball story at Z. GT was made by a TV station wanting to capitalise on dragonball. It does not exist in the manga.

Dragonball and Dragonball Z were amazing!!! Super saiyan 4 does not exist.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dennysinny

@Motokid6 said:

Okay stop... GT is NOT cannon in any way shape or form. So forget GT ever happened. Why? Because Dragon Ball IS coming back. Watch Battle of the Gods. That movie was made by Akira Toriyama and he himself stated that Battle of the Gods is cannon and that the NEW series will continue from there.

So there you go. Forget GT ever happened. Forget omega shenron, forget SS4.. it never happened. The next step up after SS3 is Super Saiyan God.

Now.. I'm skeptical. Battle of the Gods.. Uhm.. kinda sucked. So.. well see. Like.. Vegeta singing sucked... Yea..

lol i actually got mad at gt when they was about to fuse (goten and trunks) and goku said no ! i was like daaaaaaaaaang !!!!! i wanted to see that !

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I watched it, but it is not canon thus I do not have any issue with it. Everyone who likes Dragonball and Z, but dislikes GT would probably feel better about the franchise if we all simply consider it to be ultimately irrelevant to the official storyline.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Bikouchu35 said:

Theme song is pretty awesome... they got that going for them.

The ending was quite nice as well imo. Flying away on the dragon, apparently returning immortal, or something. **** knows.

Nice though.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dennysinny

@BranKetra said:

I watched it, but it is not canon thus I do not have any issue with it. Everyone who likes Dragonball and Z, but dislikes GT would probably feel better about the franchise if we all simply consider it to be ultimately irrelevant to the official storyline.

its not that i dont like it... it could just be better.... its too many unfunny momments which it always have been unfunny momments in dragonball but it got worse....

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@dennysinny: Gohan and Goten were never what you expected since the Buu Saga... Trunks too... He went from the only living Saiyan from the future to a total geek. They did to Trunks what they did to Gohan.

@bobaban said:

You mean, Cell saga is where it truly finished. Saiyaman never existed... EVER!

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#31  Edited By BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

@BranKetra said:

I don't have an issue with "Dragonball GT" for the most part. I just can't stand the comedy scenes during the series. Speaking of which, why do everybody detest DBGT so much?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By branketra

@BigCat2K20 said:

@BranKetra said:

I don't have an issue with "Dragonball GT" for the most part. I just can't stand the comedy scenes during the series. Speaking of which, why do everybody detest DBGT so much?

The plot of Dragonball Grand Tour is not nearly as good as Dragonball and Dragonball Z. Also, many do like that the series continued beyond Z after its creator, Toriyama-san, refused to make any new media for it despite pressure from family, fans, and Toei Animation.

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BigCat2K20

@BranKetra said:

@BigCat2K20 said:

@BranKetra said:

The plot of Dragonball Grand Tour is not nearly as good as Dragonball and Dragonball Z. Also, many do like that the series continued beyond Z after its creator, Toriyama-san, refused to make any new media for it despite pressure from family, fans, and Toei Animation.

I understand that Grand Tour isn't nowhere near as good as DBZ. As for Dragonball, I only watched some of them. Therefore, I can't comment on the series. Fans in the Dragonball community really need to get over this ridiculous amount of hatred of DBGT realize that it's part of the family (I'm not saying you at all) & stop acting like the series doesn't exist.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By branketra

@BigCat2K20 said:

@BranKetra said:

@BigCat2K20 said:

@BranKetra said:

I understand that Grand Tour isn't nowhere near as good as DBZ. As for Dragonball, I only watched some of them. Therefore, I can't comment on the series. Fans in the Dragonball community really need to get over this ridiculous amount of hatred of DBGT realize that it's part of the family (I'm not saying you at all) & stop acting like the series doesn't exist.

Hatred for it is excessive and even ironically so in the case of some people.

In short, Dragonball and Dragonball Z are epic tails that have natural progression even until the end of the Buu saga. Contrastingly, Dragonball GT feels forced.

Besides that, I feel that I should explain myself. For me, Dragonball Z with original audio along with the Ocean and Funimation dubs holds a special place in my heart as something astonishing, exciting, and thought-provoking as well as being very motivational as a martial artist. After watching Dragonball Z, I eventually felt the same way about Dragonball once I had the opportunity to watch it (With original audio as well). There were times when I have been training and I felt like I could not move another inch, but the idea of someone like a member of the Z Warriors even being thought of and their training regimens being exponentially more difficult has inspired me to continue pushing myself. My studies are an intellectual pursuit as much as a physical one if not more.

Within Dragon Ball GT is the lacking of intense training that Dragonball is known and admired for and the result of replacing that with greater exploration and adventure, but such is a fundamental part of the franchise thus it should not have been considered optional. The very beginning with Son vs Uub is amazing because that is their training, but after that increases of abilities come from fusion as well as staring at the earth and turning into an Oozaru, Bebi Vegeta doing the same without a tail, and using a machine to turn into SSJ4. The training segments were replaced by convenient plot devices either used before or in the form of complementary when they would have been better suited as supplementary. Worse yet was how every protagonist except Son Goku became unable to win major battles and eventually the most everyone other than Vegeta did was power up Goku.

I obviously have much to say about this franchise, but I will not act as if it is without flaws or redundancies before GT.

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BigCat2K20

@BranKetra said:

@BigCat2K20 said:

@BranKetra said:

@BigCat2K20 said:

@BranKetra said:

In short, Dragonball and Dragonball Z are epic tails that have natural progression even until the end of the Buu saga. Contrastingly, Dragonball GT feels forced.

Besides that, I feel that I should explain myself. For me, Dragonball Z with original audio along with the Ocean and Funimation dubs holds a special place in my heart as something astonishing, exciting, and thought-provoking as well as being very motivational as a martial artist. After watching Dragonball Z, I eventually felt the same way about Dragonball once I had the opportunity to watch it (With original audio as well). There were times when I have been training and I felt like I could not move another inch, but the idea of someone like a member of the Z Warriors even being thought of and their training regimens being exponentially more difficult has inspired me to continue pushing myself. My studies are an intellectual pursuit as much as a physical one if not more.

Within Dragon Ball GT is the lacking of intense training that Dragonball is known and admired for and attempted to replace it with greater exploration and adventure, but such is a fundamental part of the franchise thus it should not have been considered optional. The very beginning with Son vs Uub is amazing because that is their training, but after that increases of abilities come from fusion as well as staring at the earth and turning into an Oozaru, Bebi Vegeta doing the same without a tail, and using a machine to turn into SSJ4. The training segments were replaced by convenient plot devices either used before or in the form of complementary when they would have been better suited as supplementary. Worse yet was how every protagonist except Son Goku became unable to win major battles and eventually the most everyone other than Vegeta did was power up Goku.

I obviously have much to say about this franchise, but I will not act as if it is without flaws or redundancies before GT.

Man, you're an straight up hardcore Dragonball Z fan (including me)! There are few things I detest about DBZ such as series would go on for way too long, don't get started on DBZ movies & Majin Buu Saga (I still don't know the full history of that monster) was an roller-coaster. As for flaws for DBGT, I'll respect that. There are couple of things I detest such as Goku being an kid (again), series was more comedy than ever before & Vegeta had Bulma made an stupid machine to turn into SSJ4 (really, Vegeta). Does Dragonball GT series has flaws? Uh, yeah. But, so does DBZ (it wasn't perfect, not by an long shot.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dennysinny

@BigCat2K20 said:

@BranKetra said:

@BigCat2K20 said:

@BranKetra said:

@BigCat2K20 said:

@BranKetra said:

Within Dragon Ball GT is the lacking of intense training that Dragonball is known and admired for and attempted to replace it with greater exploration and adventure, but such is a fundamental part of the franchise thus it should not have been considered optional. The very beginning with Son vs Uub is amazing because that is their training, but after that increases of abilities come from fusion as well as staring at the earth and turning into an Oozaru, Bebi Vegeta doing the same without a tail, and using a machine to turn into SSJ4. The training segments were replaced by convenient plot devices either used before or in the form of complementary when they would have been better suited as supplementary. Worse yet was how every protagonist except Son Goku became unable to win major battles and eventually the most everyone other than Vegeta did was power up Goku.

Man, you're an straight up hardcore Dragonball Z fan (including me)! There are few things I detest about DBZ such as series would go on for way too long, don't get started on DBZ movies & Majin Buu Saga (I still don't know the full history of that monster) was an roller-coaster. As for flaws for DBGT, I'll respect that. There are couple of things I detest such as Goku being an kid (again), series was more comedy than ever before & Vegeta had Bulma made an stupid machine to turn into SSJ4 (really, Vegeta). Does Dragonball GT series has flaws? Uh, yeah. But, so does DBZ (it wasn't perfect, not by an long shot.

well DBZ was great.. no cartoon is going to be perfect... it will always be some flaws... but ill say dbz was great

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By branketra

@dennysinny: I agree that DBZ is amazing. In fact, it is a phenomenon going for nearly thirty years.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

GT is not even canon.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

GT let down millions. Yea, I said it.... millions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

it was aight but my favorite saga is buu

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#43 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Dragon Ball was supposed to end with the Frieza Saga, but the fans wanted more.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dennysinny

@BranKetra said:

@dennysinny: I agree that DBZ is amazing. In fact, it is a phenomenon going for nearly thirty years.

yea but the guy who made it, is always trying something new but the fans want dragon ball z lol

@bowchicka07 said:

GT let down millions. Yea, I said it.... millions.

lol it did

@thegerg said:

ok

dude what do you want?

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dennysinny

@93BlackHawk93 said:

who wouldn't want more?? lol they need to keep going until they run out of idea's i know they can come with another good plot,i mean i was satisfy after buu, but i see cartoons aren't the same anymore

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#47 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I actually heard that Akira Toriyama was considering doing another series. I guess he didn't write GT or something so it's not considered canon.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 uninspiredcup  Online
@dennysinny said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

who wouldn't want more?? lol they need to keep going until they run out of idea's i know they can come with another good plot,i mean i was satisfy after buu, but i see cartoons aren't the same anymore

Me. Too much of a good thing cheapens it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Agreed man, the worst part for me was that the story no longer tried to hold together. You can do all the stupid stuff you want in the fight scenes (well sorta with a show like dbz), but if the scenes that tie the fights together make no sense people won't ready care about the outcome. Nor will they will feel any tension during the fight for that matter.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dennysinny

@uninspiredcup said:
@dennysinny said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Me. Too much of a good thing cheapens it.

its people like you who ruin stuff lol

@Serraph105 said:

Agreed man, the worst part for me was that the story no longer tried to hold together. You can do all the stupid stuff you want in the fight scenes (well sorta with a show like dbz), but if the scenes that tie the fights together make no sense people won't ready care about the outcome. Nor will they will feel any tension during the fight for that matter.

what didnt make any sense????? the fight scenes were good to me, everything went well to me, of course there are going to be some stupid stuff, but even in the beginning some plots were stupid to me, even in regular " dragon ball" every show has they high's and low's