I just want to vent

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

User Lists: 0

#1 stupid4
Member since 2008 • 3695 Posts

I know people are going to say blog it, but I don't care.

My wrestling team and I got hammered this past weekend at our state wrestling tournament (this is a school sponsered trip). One of the kids had a seizure, almost died, and we called the hospital. So of course the coaches and the school fonud out. Now there is a good chance we are all going to get kicked out of our private high school, and I'm a senior! All of the coaches are going to get fired, the team might get cut from the school. I'm sure the college I'm going to is going to tell me not to enroll this fall. I don't know what to do.

Zeromus1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Zeromus1337
Member since 2008 • 15955 Posts

Not much you can do. Maybe apologize to those high in the schools leadership structure.

sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts

Blog it!

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#5 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts
so you're angry that your screen name pretty much describes your actions ?
Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
life can be a lot worse, that aint nothin.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
You school is gonna get canned because a kid had a seizure? Whoever decided to can your school is a moron.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Were you drinking underage? If so, they have all the reason to boot you out of their institution.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
who runs your school? monkeys?
Tauruslink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tauruslink
Member since 2005 • 6586 Posts
Wait what? A kid had a seizure at a tournament and that will get you in trouble?
stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stupid4
No he got a seizure from the underage drinking we were doing.
im_really_rich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 im_really_rich
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts
fight it.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BumFluff122
No he got a seizure from the underage drinking we were doing. stupid4
lol. And why are you mad at the school? It's your own fault.
stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stupid4

When did I ever say I was mad at the school?

Zackariel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zackariel
Member since 2009 • 403 Posts
Perhaps you shouldn't have gotten hammered. I reserve no sympathy for irresponsibility.
stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 stupid4

Perhaps you shouldn't have gotten hammered. I reserve no sympathy for irresponsibility.Zackariel

Normally I would agree with you, but now I'm not going to college and I don't get to wrestle anymore. Sound good?

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#18 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts
The moral of this story is DON'T BE AN IDIOT!!
Zackariel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zackariel

[QUOTE="Zackariel"]Perhaps you shouldn't have gotten hammered. I reserve no sympathy for irresponsibility.stupid4

Normally I would agree with you, but now I'm not going to college and I don't get to wrestle anymore. Sound good?

You presumably knew what you were doing and the way it could impact your life for the worse. Why should I feel bad? It would be like me feeling good if you were never caught.

Act like the adult you'll soon be and this **** won't happen. It's that simple. That goes for your entire wrestling team and every other human on Earth.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Do this. Go to your headmaster or principal, whatever you wanna call it, and say you only went out with the other kids because you don't have any friends and you thought that if you did what they wanted to do you might finally get some friends. Just make yourself seem like this loner loser who has never had a friend and was so desperate to finally have a friend that you did something as stupid as underage drinking. But then when you finish say that you feel your education is more important than having friends at this moment in time so know never to do it again and than get down on your knees and really lick boot.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Are you a good wrestler? or are you the type that wraps himself in garbage bags to lose weight?
stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stupid4

Are you a good wrestler? or are you the type that wraps himself in garbage bags to lose weight?AAllxxjjnn

What do you mean? Everybody does that. That is how you lose weight. And I have won state twice and I was going to wrestle for Brown University, but now that isn't going to happen probably.

Avatar image for UnrighteousFury
UnrighteousFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 UnrighteousFury
Member since 2008 • 2764 Posts

[QUOTE="Zackariel"]Perhaps you shouldn't have gotten hammered. I reserve no sympathy for irresponsibility.stupid4

The only way you won't go to college is if you don't want to. You might not get into a particularly good one, but someone is bound to take you.

Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

Sounds to me like you screwed yourself over.

I'm sorry...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 foxhound_fox
Normally I would agree with you, but now I'm not going to college and I don't get to wrestle anymore. Sound good? stupid4

You did something illegal. You are going to have to grow up and accept the mistakes you made and learn from them in the future. Life isn't fair and now you know to be more responsible and not drink on a school trip while underage.
vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts
[QUOTE="stupid4"]

[QUOTE="Zackariel"]Perhaps you shouldn't have gotten hammered. I reserve no sympathy for irresponsibility.Zackariel

You presumably knew what you were doing and the way it could impact your life for the worse. Why should I feel bad? It would be like me feeling good if you were never caught.

Act like the adult you'll soon be and this **** won't happen. It's that simple. That goes for your entire wrestling team and every other human on Earth.

chill maybe....

Yes it was stupid, and your only hope is to go to the principal and just explain everything and be straight up about anything. Show how bad you feel, do something for the school, do something for your friend who had a seizure.

But most likely you are screwed as I'm sure they have a no tolerance rule.

im_really_rich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 im_really_rich

anyone saying that "it was his fault he got trashed" ...

... i don't think the punishment fits the crime.

if anything, you should be suspended and kicked off the team, NOT kicked out of school, especially since it's your last year and you are so close to graduating and going to college, this severe of a punishment would only serve to shaft you.

i say a 10-week inschool suspension, expulsion from all extra-curricular activites, no punishment for the coaches as they didn't know about it and no one can be expected to prevent every type of poor conduct, that's ridiculous and oppresive.

your school is overreacting and is taking the wrong approach. they should not expel you, they are obviously acting on emotion and passion rather than reason, and the college you want to go to should not decline your admittance.

people need to get real and grow the **** up.

any involved get punished. those not involved do not. and you should still get to graduate and go to college.

this reminds me of a movie, "Scent of a Woman" with Al Pacino and Chris O' Donnell. Very good movie, you should rent it. i highly reccomend it.

im_really_rich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 im_really_rich

[QUOTE="stupid4"]Normally I would agree with you, but now I'm not going to college and I don't get to wrestle anymore. Sound good? foxhound_fox

You did something illegal. You are going to have to grow up and accept the mistakes you made and learn from them in the future. Life isn't fair and now you know to be more responsible and not drink on a school trip while underage.

The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 JERMINITIS
Member since 2007 • 1517 Posts

As for the team members getting kicked off, I understand that.

As for the coaches being fired, I don't understand that. Unless they knew about it, provided the alcohol, or were required to be with the students at all times (and weren't).

As for your scholarship offer being revoked, I'd figure that they would check your record before doing that. I'd advise you plead with them and make your case that its your only offense, if the underage drinking is your only offense. Or, go to an underage alcohol counseling, because that could help you look better in the college administration's eyes.

Whatever the results are, this is a perfect example of actions being carried out before weighing the reactions (or consequences).

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts
Tsk tsk. You oughta be ashamed. Knowingly breaking the law, making the coaches lose their jobs, almost killing someone, embarassing your school, and disappointing your parents. I would be surprised if you weren't kicked out from your school and I would not blame colleges for rejecting your appication. Repent.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 foxhound_fox
The punishment doesn't fit the crime. im_really_rich

It doesn't have to. Not only did he do something illegal, but on a school sponsored trip. They have every right to toss him out. Most schools have zero-tolerance policies when it comes to drugs and alcohol and expulsion is a fitting punishment.
Zackariel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zackariel

anyone saying that "it was his fault he got trashed" ...

... i don't think the punishment fits the crime.

if anything, you should be suspended and kicked off the team, NOT kicked out of school, especially since it's your last year and you are so close to graduating and going to college, this severe of a punishment would only serve to shaft you.

i say a 10-week inschool suspension, expulsion from all extra-curricular activites, no punishment for the coaches as they didn't know about it and no one can be expected to prevent every type of poor conduct, that's ridiculous and oppresive.

your school is overreacting and is taking the wrong approach. they should not expel you, they are obviously acting on emotion and passion rather than reason, and the college you want to go to should not decline your admittance.

people need to get real and grow the **** up.

any involved get punished. those not involved do not. and you should still get to graduate and go to college.

this reminds me of a movie, "Scent of a Woman" with Al Pacino and Chris O' Donnell. Very good movie, you should rent it. i highly reccomend it.

im_really_rich

The school can kick out whoever they want, especially students that break the law and end up in the hospital. It isn't the school that needs to grow up. The coaches are personally responsible for the kids (they are like guardians since the parents aren't there) and are just as responsible for letting them wander off into a bar or wherever they got drunk.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BumFluff122
Then go to the principal and tell him that he is destroying lives. It is his job to make sure those students under him recieve and complete their education and doing this isn;t fullfilling his duty and he is the one that should be fired.
Zackariel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zackariel

As for the coaches being fired, I don't understand that. Unless they knew about it, provided the alcohol, or were required to be with the students at all times (and weren't).

JERMINITIS

A coach is taking the place of the parent. He becomes the students' guardian during the trip. If the students screw up, the parents can blame the coach and, by extension, the school he represents. It leaves the door open for lawsuits. Depending on the state, the coach could go to jail for his irresponsibility. If he was watching them like he should have been (they are technically minors, remember), this wouldn't have happened.

xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xXBuffJeffXx
Member since 2006 • 5913 Posts
There's really not much you can do except man up, apologize, and accept responsibility. I got a disorderly conduct this summer for throwing waterballoons at cars, and my friend's "friend" ratted us out. The police hassled us a bit but I made sure I accepted responsibility and didn't whine and complain.
stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 stupid4

There's really not much you can do except man up, apologize, and accept responsibility. I got a disorderly conduct this summer for throwing waterballoons at cars, and my friend's "friend" ratted us out. The police hassled us a bit but I made sure I accepted responsibility and didn't whine and complain.xXBuffJeffXx

For sure. Earlier this week when we had our "trial" I acted very remorseful.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts
You school is gonna get canned because a kid had a seizure? Whoever decided to can your school is a moron.BumFluff122
No, a kid had a seizure from alcohol on a school sponsored trip. Obviously, the chaperones or teachers in charge have no clue what the hell they are doing, or about how to handle real responsibility. BTW, this can have a major academic effect on the students that were involved.
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xXBuffJeffXx
Member since 2006 • 5913 Posts

[QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]There's really not much you can do except man up, apologize, and accept responsibility. I got a disorderly conduct this summer for throwing waterballoons at cars, and my friend's "friend" ratted us out. The police hassled us a bit but I made sure I accepted responsibility and didn't whine and complain.stupid4

Yeah, I know it sucks. The cops were basically dirtbags to us, but I had to pretend that I was really remorseful for something that wasn't a big deal.

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

[QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]There's really not much you can do except man up, apologize, and accept responsibility. I got a disorderly conduct this summer for throwing waterballoons at cars, and my friend's "friend" ratted us out. The police hassled us a bit but I made sure I accepted responsibility and didn't whine and complain.stupid4

don't act, be.

just some advice.

In my opinion, I think you should really be given a second chance based on yours past history.

stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 stupid4
I just feel so bad for my teammate who had the seizure. He could have died.
Zackariel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zackariel

I just feel so bad for my teammate who had the seizure. He could have died. stupid4

Imagine if he had and you'll feel better.

The important thing at this point isn't going to school or your friend or your coach: the important thing is that you learn. If you don't, everything else that happened is meaningless; if you do, everything else that happened is meaningless by comparison.

JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JERMINITIS
[QUOTE="JERMINITIS"]

Zackariel

A coach is taking the place of the parent. He becomes the students' guardian during the trip. If the students screw up, the parents can blame the coach and, by extension, the school he represents. It leaves the door open for lawsuits. Depending on the state, the coach could go to jail for his irresponsibility. If he was watching them like he should have been (they are technically minors, remember), this wouldn't have happened.

Well duh,

My old man is a teacher. Numerous times we'd take school trips, either one-day or overnight trips. On one of those trips, a kid got arrested for theft. By your judgement, he could have been arrested as well. :?

im_really_rich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 im_really_rich

[QUOTE="im_really_rich"]The punishment doesn't fit the crime. foxhound_fox

It doesn't have to. Not only did he do something illegal, but on a school sponsored trip. They have every right to toss him out. Most schools have zero-tolerance policies when it comes to drugs and alcohol and expulsion is a fitting punishment.

Yes, punishment should fit the crime, otherwise we just all might as well abandon logic and reason.

Things HAVE to make sense and should be tough, but fair. Things need to be just and reasonable, otherwise it's totalitarian and fascist and nazi and all that other stuff.

I went to a private Catholic school for 11 years and they are nazis there. The rules are stupid, you have to follow the damn dress code and you get in trouble if your shirt is not tucked it and they suck. They just plain suck and deserve all the resentment and contempt they get. You have to go to a school mass every damn week and "Glory and praise to our God" and blah blah blah cliquey elitist sick degerate pieces of ****.

im_really_rich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 im_really_rich

[QUOTE="im_really_rich"]The punishment doesn't fit the crime. foxhound_fox

Oh, and talk to me when you learn to 'use your head' and 'think for yourself' instead of just blindly following orders.

Zackariel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zackariel
[QUOTE="Zackariel"][QUOTE="JERMINITIS"]

JERMINITIS

Well duh,

My old man is a teacher. Numerous times we'd take school trips, either one-day or overnight trips. On one of those trips, a kid got arrested for theft. By your judgement, he could have been arrested as well. :?

He could have been. He's in charge of minors. He probably didn't, though, since none of them were hurt in this theft.

If it's a "well duh" moment, then why are you confused? It's a simple thing: Coach doesn't watch kids under his care, kids get in trouble, coach gets in trouble.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
I'm sure I'm not the first one to point this out, but your username is VERY appropriate.
Zackariel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zackariel

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="im_really_rich"]The punishment doesn't fit the crime. im_really_rich

Yes, punishment should fit the crime, otherwise we just all might as well abandon logic and reason.

Things HAVE to make sense and should be tough, but fair. Things need to be just and reasonable, otherwise it's totalitarian and fascist and nazi and all that other stuff.

I went to a private Catholic school for 11 years and they are nazis there. The rules are stupid, you have to follow the damn dress code and you get in trouble if your shirt is not tucked it and they suck. They just plain suck and deserve all the resentment and contempt they get. You have to go to a school mass every damn week and "Glory and praise to our God" and blah blah blah cliquey elitist sick degerate pieces of ****.

What were you saying earlier about arguing from emotion? Policies and laws exist for a reason, and getting kicked out of school for breaking drug laws on a school-sponsored trip is not excessive or even uncommon punishment.

JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JERMINITIS
[QUOTE="JERMINITIS"][QUOTE="Zackariel"]

Zackariel

Well duh,

He could have been. He's in charge of minors. He probably didn't, though, since none of them were hurt in this theft.

If it's a "well duh" moment, then why are you confused? It's a simple thing: Coach doesn't watch kids under his care, kids get in trouble, coach gets in trouble.

Its a 'well duh' to your mentioning that the coach/teacher is a guardian representative. I'm clear on that.

Where you and I fail to meet, is that I say its unclear whether or not the coach(s) was/were supposed to be with each student 24/7. If so, then yes, punishment should be dealt out accordingly. If not, and the students had their own room, then the students could have went to go get alcohol in the middle of the night. And, whoever contributed to them should be dealt with.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 foxhound_fox
Oh, and talk to me when you learn to 'use your head' and 'think for yourself' instead of just blindly following orders. im_really_rich

You need to start looking at the whole picture. Zackariel brought up a good point. It isn't just the students that are at fault for this, but the teachers... and the school is completely liable for the behaviour of the teachers.

Rules are rules. If you don't like them, leave the school. They are there for a reason, to keep order and provide an equal opportunity for all students. Zero-tolerance policies on illegal activities are just and fair. They make it so there can't be exceptions or any sort of subjective reasoning. They have to be like laws so they remain objective and fair. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't fair. Expulsion for an illegal activity is just. Setting the school on fire is also an illegal activity, it is arson, and most likely would receive expulsion as well.

I've been through high school and have experienced the bull**** of the system. But unless you yourself run the school, you have to follow the rules... that's the way life is. No offense but you seem to be speaking like most high school students would, out of immaturity and self-centred attitude. You don't realize the whole picture of what goes on to make education possible and why there are rules for things like this.

If you don't follow the rules, you face the punishments. If you don't like them, you should have thought twice before getting hammered on a school trip.