I just broke up with my GF...

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

octagonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 octagonman
Member since 2006 • 171 Posts

and I feel extremely depressed about it... I dont know what to do and I feel so hopeless/helpless.

I want to be with her so damn badly, but she doesnt seem to want to be with me. I feel like I have to do something to get her back, I just dont know what or of I even should...

If you guys are curious about the details, just ask and I'll let you know what I know and I feel comfortable telling you. I have to go to school for now.

But I'll be back to fill you in on the details.

I am a broken man, Gamespot...

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
Do some things you enjoy, even if you're not having a great time enjoying it. Also find a girl who wants to be with you. If she doesn't want to be with you she's not worth your time.
Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kamekazi_69
Member since 2006 • 4704 Posts

Thats why you have Gamespot :D Don't be sad

Spicy-McHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spicy-McHaggis
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts
Details will help. Yeah, you grow attached to certain things inevitably. Hell, you probably loved her, and now your bored out of your mind and don't know what to do with yourself. Time for the corniest advice ever. Give it time, and you'll find something to fill the gap.
hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hokies1313
Member since 2005 • 13919 Posts
Kinda need more information if you want help. I mean, what did she or you do to warrant the break up? either A) Let some time pass and it'll get better or B) go talk to her and say you made a mistake.
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts
You broke up with her because she doesn't want to be with you and now you want her back? Give it a little bit more time. Make her miss you at least - just like how you miss her. If she doesn't want to be with you then what's the point of chasing her back? On that note... how did she even take the break up?
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
What duxup said. For the first part,everything might stink but after awhile it will take your mind off her and soon you will be suprised you are not even thinking of her. As for the second part,trust me,life is too short to waste time on girls that do not want you or are just interested in playing games.
kikman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kikman5
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts
the best thing can do is leave her be.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
I know you're down...but why do you want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you....get off the computer and get out with some friends....or get some excercise in......don't let one girl drag you into despair...
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

There are few things more depressing than a guy who feels sorry for himself and tries hard to "win her back". It's done. It's over.

Dark-Sithious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dark-Sithious
Member since 2008 • 3914 Posts

Have you tried touching her shoulder? :|

AustXilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 AustXilo
Member since 2007 • 904 Posts

Prepare yourself, I'm probably going to pour salt in your wound here.

Why would you want to get back with someone who doesn't want to be with you? If you broke up it's pretty clear that it wasn't working out. If you have doubts you should ask her. "Hey, do you want to be with me or is it just not working between us?" If she says no, then let her go. Stop being a child and stop coming here looking for pity. That's not what you need. The last thing you should do right now is wallow in your own self-pity. Man up and go find someone else or enjoy being single for a while.

I've broken up with plenty of girls I thought were "the one" and was heartbroken. I know better than most people what the different levels of pain are when it comes to that. I also know that you WILL find someone better. You WILL find someone that enjoys you as much as you enjoy them. Stop being a kid and be a man. I ended up finding the one and it's been great. You can do the same. Just be patient.

PS: Coming on here and complaining without telling us the story is lame. I got no juicy details in return for my advice.

Avatar image for authorityissues
authorityissues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 authorityissues
Member since 2009 • 387 Posts
I think she dumped him, not he dumped her.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Oleg_Huzwog

I think she dumped him, not he dumped her.authorityissues

Yes, I get the same impression. Looks like he chose to title the topic in a way that seems more mutual.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts
Get out. Be with friends. Or workout. Do something that makes the time go by a bit easier.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#16 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Get really drunk and pass out

Seriously though, just chill with some friends and move on. The best way to get over one girl is to start seeing another.

Avatar image for authorityissues
authorityissues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 authorityissues
Member since 2009 • 387 Posts

[QUOTE="authorityissues"]I think she dumped him, not he dumped her.Oleg_Huzwog

Yes, I get the same impression. Looks like he chose to title the topic in a way that seems more mutual.

lol, 'dumped' is such a harsh term when you think about it.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Oleg_Huzwog

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="authorityissues"]I think she dumped him, not he dumped her.authorityissues

lol, 'dumped' is such a harsh term when you think about it.

Especially when the comparison is "she dumped me" vs "I broke up".

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I just broke up with my GF...

octagonman

It's about time she's available. Imma gonna text her now!

J/K... I wouldn't do that to a brotha.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Why in the Hell would you break up with her if you want to be with her?!
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Oleg_Huzwog

Why in the Hell would you break up with her if you want to be with her?!Morning_Revival

'Cause he didn't... she dumped him.

WestSideAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 WestSideAzn
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts
If you love her that much, then you'll understand that to truly love someone means that you may have to respect their wishes. I personally would just move on. Going on your knees and begging for a woman to come back is degrading to the male ego, and I would not suggest doing that. Just play some video games or something, but don't do anything that may remind you of her and that would ruin your day completely.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts

[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"]Why in the Hell would you break up with her if you want to be with her?!Oleg_Huzwog

'Cause he didn't... she dumped him.

Ohh. Well, in that case, get out there and look for another.
Spicy-McHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Spicy-McHaggis
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

Get really drunk and pass out

Seriously though, just chill with some friends and move on. The best way to get over one girl is to start seeing another.

I'd say this is about the best you'll get from gamespot. Go see another girl. It'll fill that seemlessly infinite void the last one left.
octagonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 octagonman
Hey everyone, sorry it took so long for me to reply. I'm going to read over everyone's replies and reply to them, and I'll answer any questions you guys have, if I can.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
I think just explaining what happened is the best plan if you want people to comment on your situation or give advice.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I thought she needed help with her rib... that tumor? Show her this thread if that helps..

Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts

You have my sympathy sir. I too was dumped earlier this year, it hit me pretty hard also. But hey, I got through it, and am on my way to finding a new girlfriend. :) You'll get through it too I'm sure, and you'll find someone better.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts
Courage Wolf to the rescue!
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

Just get over it man.

Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
Dont let her get you down, there are way more girls out there for you.
Roxas12934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Roxas12934
Member since 2006 • 1854 Posts

Show her your level on gamespot. It is guaranteed to work :D

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

I think she dumped him, not he dumped her.authorityissues
I was thinking the same thing.

kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 kingyotoX
Member since 2007 • 2689 Posts
That sucks man, women are trouble, just remember there are tins of great girls out there, she may seem like the only one for you, but soon enough you'll find a girl who is even better. You shouldn't be with someone who isn't committed to the relationship. You will find a girl who wants you as much as you want her and you won't remember this girl even existed.
zombieman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#35 zombieman666
Member since 2006 • 3514 Posts
Aw I'm sorry :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

You know... youre kinda lucky TC... I am not able to feel like that, Ive had 4 girlfriends in my life, and whenever I broke up with each of them (ofcourse over the span of 10 years) I felt nothing, no emotion at all... I am a bad person in that aspect, I feel very little emotion.

But not you TC, you feel like you really do want her back, you feel desperation, and you feel alive. It really is a gift you know... it is what memories are made of.

Besides... IF she do not want you back, there is very little you can do. lets face it, people jsut grow apart.

octagonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 octagonman
damn... Im really sorry guys, but I had to study for a big test tonite. Its tomorrow. But I swear I'll explain everything tomorrow. I'll reply to everyone. Again, Im very sorry everyone. But I will get to this very soon.
freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 freham2001
Member since 2004 • 2719 Posts
[QUOTE="octagonman"]damn... Im really sorry guys, but I had to study for a big test tonite. Its tomorrow. But I swear I'll explain everything tomorrow. I'll reply to everyone. Again, Im very sorry everyone. But I will get to this very soon.

Pinky swearz? :?
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts
[QUOTE="freham2001"][QUOTE="octagonman"]damn... Im really sorry guys, but I had to study for a big test tonite. Its tomorrow. But I swear I'll explain everything tomorrow. I'll reply to everyone. Again, Im very sorry everyone. But I will get to this very soon.

lol I can't help but find that funny. :lol:
dachase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dachase
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts

If she doesnt want you back then kidnap her so no one else can have her

chicks dig being kidnapped right????

:D

riptoe222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 riptoe222
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

and I feel extremely depressed about it... I dont know what to do and I feel so hopeless/helpless.

I want to be with her so damn badly, but she doesnt seem to want to be with me. I feel like I have to do something to get her back, I just dont know what or of I even should...

If you guys are curious about the details, just ask and I'll let you know what I know and I feel comfortable telling you. I have to go to school for now.

But I'll be back to fill you in on the details.

I am a broken man, Gamespot...

octagonman

im guessing she got bored with you and moved on, hopefully you enjoyed her and its all good, you should move on to the next one.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It's because of that baby that was poking her rib, huh?

freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 freham2001
Member since 2004 • 2719 Posts
[QUOTE="soulless4now"][QUOTE="freham2001"][QUOTE="octagonman"]damn... Im really sorry guys, but I had to study for a big test tonite. Its tomorrow. But I swear I'll explain everything tomorrow. I'll reply to everyone. Again, Im very sorry everyone. But I will get to this very soon.

lol I can't help but find that funny. :lol:

Haha :) I have made more people laugh than usual today, awesome. 8)
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#44 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Sorry to hear that man :( Go out and have fun with friends! They will help you get through this, mine did. They made me laugh and returned me to normal plus a little bit of time to recover. Just relax and chill, have fun, it may seem terrible now but give it time and this will soon blow over ;)

octagonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 octagonman
Alrite. Now I finally have the time to post a reply. This may be a bit of a long winded rant but I'll try to keep it short... To start things off, I havent heard word of the thing thats supposed to be on her back. Actually, I havent even SEEN her since just a while before she told me about it. It really sucks cause it's been almost 4 weeks, and now that we've broken up, it'll probably be even longer... And second, yes, she in fact, 'dumped' me. I didnt mean to mislead in the title, but I guess I understand how what I said couldve been interpreted in the wrong way. Now finally, on to the long winded story... So, like I said about, it had been a while since we had seen eachother. It was mainly because her parents kept saying we couldnt that day because they wanted to go do something, and that happened like 3 times. Her parents pretty much hate me because I dont have a job, I didnt have a car(I didnt, but I do now, and now I can go job searching) and because I dont have a freaking six pack (But Im working on it lol). But, we still managed to be together despite all the weird things against us. So one day, she tells me a friend of hers from middle school has found her on her myspace. I think thats cool for her, you know? Im happy for her. So this kid tells her that he's in love with her and he's love her for the past 4 years since he last saw her (which I find to be complete BS) and that he wanted to kiss her and whatnot, but she, of course, promised me she wouldnt let him try it. But I still wasnt happy about it, so we ended up getting in this small fight where there was a bit of laughing, and it was nothing to serious. But apparently, it upset her a little more than it upset me. But anyway, he met her during her break at work and they hung out and it was fine, I didnt care. Now this next part is gunna sound bad on her behalf, but I dont think anyone should look at it the wrong way. So anyway, pretty much that night, she calls me up in tears telling me she has to tell me something. We talk for a bit and she tells me(trying to keep this short, btw) that she isnt sure she wants to be with me. She loves me and everything, but with all the crap of me barely seeing her and all this other stuff going on with her parents and them giving her crap because of me, she says shes been thinking for a while that maybe we shouldnt be together. Her parents want her to date around before she settles down, and she said she kind of wants to too but she still wants to be with me so she's really confused blah blah blah. I tell her some things, pretty much saying I dont like the idea but we save the talking for a later day. Anyway, a few days later, this kid invites her to the movies, and she assures me that they're just friends, but Im not an idiot, obviously, he wants to get with her, but she doesnt seem to see it. Then, a few days later, she calls me up and she tells me, I think its finally that time that we break up. And she sounded really calm about it, but I was, of course, depressed as hell. She tells me its because of a few reasons, but I didnt really hear all of it because I was too sad at the time. But, eventually, her friend calls me to tell me what her reasons were. So her friend tells me that my ex knew what she was doing, because she was sad, but very calm about it. Her friend tells me that some of the reasons were because of the fact that her parents hated me, that I sometimes wasnt able to get a ride to see her(tho I have a car now, so I could), that she wanted to meet new people and hang out with friends without me being worried and all that, and that she felt as if I was 'tying her down' with my talk of the future. Which is funny considering that it was always her who would talk about it most, but then it turns out that she wasnt ready for it yet, because she was too young (which in truth, I can understand). There were a few other things, but those were basically the main reasons. So, after talking to her friend, I agree to just wait until the day that my ex calls me instead of trying to call her and push her farther away. So, that night, (yes, her and I both have a myspace and a facebook, both of which I hardly use) I see her status on both of them, and shes saying shes single and all that and that shes going to the beach tomorrow with that friend that likes her and shes so excited. Basically, shes acting completely happy, as if what happened earlier that day didnt even happen. It worried me to have thought that she had fallen out of love with me so quickly, but I couldnt help it cause she sounded so happy. So, in the back if my head, I accepted the fact that it was over and there was nothing I could do. One night, she talks to me again on AIM, except now, shes not acting completely happy. She pretty much keeps her replies short and I tried acting happy, as if nothing was wrong. But it doesnt really work, and she tries to go a few times because I say something small, like... So you seem really happy?yepare you?bye Shes in italics and Im in bold in that example. But eventually, I let her go to bed since it was kind of late, and I told her to call me during her break at work, but she said she couldnt cause she was meeting a female friend of hers. So I just let her get on her way and thats it. So the next day, shes at work and she gets on her break and decides to call me. And here I thought she had to meet with her friend, but she spend most of her break talking to me? Sounded fishy to me... BUT!!! Here's the funny part, when she calls me, she acts confused and says the name of the friend that likes her, followed with an "ooops! Wrong number!" and tries to go but I keep her on the phone to tell her a few things that I had been thinking about lately. I tell her that I understood why she had broken up with me, that her parents hated those things about me, but I was well on my way to fixing them. I got a car, Im going job searching soon, and I work out just about every day. I tell her that I get that she doesnt want to think about the future at an age like hers and that I had only really said all those things so much because I thought it was what she wanted to hear. But I told her, I wanted to live in the present. To not focus on the future till the future comes at us. And that I wanted to live and enjoy the present with her. (this conversation eventually moved on to texts cause she had to go back to work). She then tells me that she had to think about this(to me, saying she still wanted to be with me) and that she didnt know yet. Also saying that she promised her parents she wouldnt date me again(but Im not entirely sure about her sticking to that, since shes pretty much getting more and more freedoms as time passes by and she'll decide for herself whether or not she wants to date me), and she also tells me she still needs some time away from me, and I tell her that I get out of college soon for summer and that I'll be able to go see her soon since Im driving, and she pretty much agrees. I tell her that we'll be friends for a while, hang out, flirt or do whatever and then see where that takes us, and if its back with eachother, then we should do it. I obviously still wanted to desperately be with her. Eventually, the conversation dies down and I tell her to call me later. That night, I text her again saying "Im gunna be studying tonite, so feel free to call or text whenever you get the chance" to which she replies "ok =] ttys
octagonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 octagonman
Gamespot is acting funny... Gimme a minute to post the rest of the story...
octagonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 octagonman

It keeps saying my HTML is not well formed, but there arent any problems as far as I can see....

Just gimme a minute everyone...

Mr_Leonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mr_Leonis
Member since 2007 • 4615 Posts
Just think about it like this. Whats harder getting her back or getting over it?