I Hate Road Rage .... :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

Today was an interesting day. I was driving my Dodge Stealth in a residential area at 30mph and the speed limit it 25. A chick is tailgating me in a piece of **** 95 or so Corolla and then passes me (and no passing is allowed). I then start beeping the horn and she waves her finger as if saying no no no. That really got me made so I punched the gas got up to like 50mph and passed her. Man I had a ton of adredaline pumping. People are just so impatient when driving that its driving me nuts. Its not like she saved time by passing me up and its not like her car was faster so what was she trying to prove? Wow once road rage set in on me I lost control and thankfully I didn't get into an accident. Does anyone have any advice on preventing road rage or anything that can make me calmer?

Also does anyone else have a similar story?

Sincerely,

Road Rage.

Thanks.

borgmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 borgmaster
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
take some chill pills :D
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
ya why cant people just chill out
zombieman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#4 zombieman666
Member since 2006 • 3514 Posts
I don't have a story
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
Throw a cat at something.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

Obey the speed limit. If someone does that, just let them by and don't try to challenge them over such issues, because by doing so you put both you and the other person in jeopardy.

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts

Throw a cat at something.aaronmullan

indeed.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts
take some chill pills :Dborgmaster
You mean like Ecstasy?
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

Obey the speed limit. If someone does that, just let them by and don't try to challenge them over such issues, because by doing so you put both you and the other person in jeopardy.

Genetic_Code

I know I tried but its road rage once it sets in the adredaline pumps and makes you lose control.

CStheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CStheGreat
Member since 2008 • 705 Posts

You call THAT road rage? Try this:

I work 5 days a week, 9 hour days as a driver for a dealership. Living in California, especially Southern California, there are tons of idiot drivers here. I have to deal with retards on a daily basis. Some guy cut me off on Monday at work and I was having a bad day to begin with. I sped up on him and cut him off and flipped the bird. He followed me for about 5 miles to my destination (I was working at the time). I stopped the car in the parking lot of our facility and he pulled up next to me and threated to "bash my brains out" with some golf clubs he supposedly had in the back of his trunk. I told him he was on private property. I was more concerned the guy was going to tell my manager that I cut him off. :D

Mr_Korean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mr_Korean
Member since 2008 • 1622 Posts

Find out who she was go to her house break the windows, rob her, then spray paint on her car F YOU!!!

Yeah, that'll teach her not to mess with gamespot

Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nwordjohn
Member since 2008 • 575 Posts

Road rage does not make sense, just ask the fine character from my upcoming story.

It was a dark and rainy afternoon, towards 5PM. That time of day when people are just angry, and dying to go home at any cost. I'm pulling out of the local Blockbuster where I was working, but having difficulty making a left turn due to traffic, much to the dismay of the driver behind me. He decides to vent his anger by honking at me, at a time when turning left would have been impossible. To counter his honk, I raise my right hand over my shoulder and extend my middle finger, the international jesture of love. Just as I do this, an opening occurs and I make my left turn, followed quickly by an angry driver with a grudge. I look to my right as he speeds up beside me, rolling down his window with a look of anger in his eyes. He then tries to spit on my car, but due to his window being down the spit flies down the front of his face and coat. Then to top it all off, while trying to spit on me his attention is not on the road. He then rear ended a car at the intersection. The look on his wife/girlfriend in the passenger seat was priceless. I drove home, watched House of the Dead and wanted to vomit.

True Story

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Today was an interesting day. I was driving my Dodge Stealth in a residential area at 30mph and the speed limit it 25. A chick is tailgating me in a piece of **** 95 or so Corolla and then passes me (and no passing is allowed). I then start beeping the horn and she waves her finger as if saying no no no. That really got me made so I punched the gas got up to like 50mph and passed her. Man I had a ton of adredaline pumping. People are just so impatient when driving that its driving me nuts. Its not like she saved time by passing me up and its not like her car was faster so what was she trying to prove? Wow once road rage set in on me I lost control and thankfully I didn't get into an accident. Does anyone have any advice on preventing road rage or anything that can make me calmer?

Also does anyone else have a similar story?

Sincerely,

Road Rage.

Thanks.

nVidiaGaMer

Several years ago, I read a story about a South African driver who was so fed up with being tailgated that he installed a makeshift anti-tailgating device in his trunk. It was basically a container full of dirty sump oil, a pump and a nozzle. When he felt he was being tailgated, he could flip a switch and spray dirty oil onto the windscreen of the car behind him.

Unfortunately, he got caught when somebody he tried to use it on managed to get his registration number and report him to the cops. (There's no real justice in the world, I tell you!) :(

Still, it was a damn good idea!

-R3Vo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -R3Vo
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts
Don't care, you care too much... Let them tail gate you, they hit you it's their problem.
SpidersRMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SpidersRMe
Member since 2006 • 6201 Posts

Road rage does not make sense, just ask the fine character from my upcoming story.

It was a dark and rainy afternoon, towards 5PM. That time of day when people are just angry, and dying to go home at any cost. I'm pulling out of the local Blockbuster where I was working, but having difficulty making a left turn due to traffic, much to the dismay of the driver behind me. He decides to vent his anger by honking at me, at a time when turning left would have been impossible. To counter his honk, I raise my right hand over my shoulder and extend my middle finger, the international jesture of love. Just as I do this, an opening occurs and I make my left turn, followed quickly by an angry driver with a grudge. I look to my right as he speeds up beside me, rolling down his window with a look of anger in his eyes. He then tries to spit on my car, but due to his window being down the spit flies down the front of his face and coat. Then to top it all off, while trying to spit on me his attention is not on the road. He then rear ended a car at the intersection. The look on his wife/girlfriend in the passenger seat was priceless. I drove home, watched House of the Dead and wanted to vomit.

True Story

Nwordjohn

Who spits on another person's car, honestly. And yet again, stupidity has amazed me. I keep thinking that one of these days I'll be so familiar with it that I'll just get used to it, but then I hear about things like this.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FUBAR24

True Story

Nwordjohn

lol and that is what i like to call poetic justice

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FUBAR24

Don't care, you care too much... Let them tail gate you, they hit you it's their problem.-R3Vo

hell brake-check them a bit, thats what i do when i feel like someone is getting too close and it works every time

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#18 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
I remember about 3 months ago I was driving and This morbidly Obese lady in a Geo metro(Ironic Huh :P) passed me on a double yellow. As she was attempting to pass me I grabbed an empty water bottle and chucked it in her passenger window hitting her in the shoulder. I flipped the Bird sped up as fast as my jeep would let me and pulled on some street so she couldnt get my plates :P
Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
I agree with the chill pill idea
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FUBAR24

I remember about 3 months ago I was driving and This morbidly Obese lady in a Geo metro(Ironic Huh :P) passed me on a double yellow. As she was attempting to pass me I grabbed an empty water bottle and chucked it in her passenger window hitting her in the shoulder. I flipped the Bird sped up as fast as my jeep would let me and pulled on some street so she couldnt get my plates :Phonkyjoe

lol i lane block whenever someone tries to pass me on a double yellow. i just match their speed so they cant pass and they either have to slow down and get behind me or get in a head-on accident. so far the people have been smart enough to just get back in line behind me

WildLIkeChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 WildLIkeChild
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

I got tailgated going 70 on the freeway. Dude was swerving all over the place. I passed him 10 minutes later though, he was on the side of the road with a cop behind him.

I can only imagine the ticket he got.

Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

here in kansas we have our fair share of bad drivers. the city i use to live in was pretty bad. I don't understand the people who feel the need to switch lanes when they pass a car. They pass one, switch lanes, pass another car, switch back to the previous lane, rinse, repeat. I find it hilarious when they switch lanes and then the other lane starts going faster and they can't get over. it always makes my day

whenever someone does something stupid like that, dont get mad. its not going to do anything. just think of it in a funny way. or make a simple comment like, "wow what a **** moron, trying to save a couple seconds of their day by doing something illegal or stupid." Just downplay it while your driving. if you still have some anger when your done driving get out of the car and punch it a couple times.

well ok maybe not that but you get what i mean. i have made mistakes while driving to (never been in a wreck though fortunately) and everybody makes mistakes, so no use getting mad at someone just because they make one by you.

EDIT: I also hate when your on the highway and someone passes you and then slows down. then you pass them and they speed up....once again rinse, repeat. i really dont get people who do that. besides the ones that are on their phones.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
I've just started driving, and I get a bit of sadistic pleasure out of driving the speed limit, and seeing angry people behind me. I live in a very country area, and the roads twist and dip a lot, so we have a lot of temporary speed limits dropping to 30 or 40 km/h on twisty sections. Some people are okay, but most get annoyed because they can't speed. If they do pass me, I just laugh when I come up behind them at the next intersection... they don't really get anywhere sooner.
juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#24 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
smoke reefer! i heard it stops cancer too