I hate it when people compare christianity and greek mythology.

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

3DSOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 3DSOG
Member since 2010 • 107 Posts
And I hate it when they call christian history "christian mythology" It isn't mythology people. Do we call the revolutionary war "american mythology" no we don't. There is nothing SIMILAR about christianity and greek mythology. Maybe 1 or 2 things but that really doesn't explain anything. J.k rowling's book is similar to Lord of the rings. Does that mean it directly copies it? The point im making is. People find "supposebly" similarities between a dead religion and an active one. Then wanna automatically claim that that religion is false just because it has similarities off a false religion. And yes, I'm calling greek mythology a false religion. Sorry to all you "PERCY JACKSON" fans.
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
I hate it when people compare the Revolutionary War to Christianity.
JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JinjonatorX
Member since 2010 • 639 Posts
There's historical evidence that the Revolutionary War happened. There's no historical evidence that Jesus Christ performed magic tricks.
3DSOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 3DSOG
There's historical evidence that the Revolutionary War happened. There's no historical evidence that Jesus Christ performed magic tricks. JinjonatorX
Oh really? http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fscitech%2F2010%2F04%2F27%2Fnoahs-ark-found-turkey-ararat%2F&ei=I_oDTdLvI4K78ga504zYAw&usg=AFQjCNGwvkaDTatCJR3nPt2adW4iFEvgMw&sig2=dTFpeUjjaI1nmCnwxCt4QQ
entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

Zeus is not pleased.

3DSOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 3DSOG
[QUOTE="JinjonatorX"]There's historical evidence that the Revolutionary War happened. There's no historical evidence that Jesus Christ performed magic tricks. 3DSOG
Oh really? http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fscitech%2F2010%2F04%2F27%2Fnoahs-ark-found-turkey-ararat%2F&ei=I_oDTdLvI4K78ga504zYAw&usg=AFQjCNGwvkaDTatCJR3nPt2adW4iFEvgMw&sig2=dTFpeUjjaI1nmCnwxCt4QQ

Theres also no proof that George washington existed. There are only paintings of him: Like jesus There are stories of him: Like jesus People recognize his existance as truth: Like jesus There are no photographs of him "Like jesus"
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dark__Link
[QUOTE="Dark__Link"]I hate it when people compare the Revolutionary War to Christianity.3DSOG
You're just being a troll and reversing what I said to make yourself look clever. Thus continue the "LUL" factor of "It's the internet, who cares" Im trying to have a serious conversation here and you don't wanna use your brain to come up with a reasonable response. You instead went for the "LULZ"

Uh, no. You said you hate the comparison between Greek mythology and Christianity because supposedly it doesn't exist. But then you strike up a comparison between the Revolutionary War and Christianity that certainly doesn't exist. I don't even understand what you're trying to prove since your arguments make no sense..
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
There's nothing to compare...I'm not understand what you're talking about.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

what do you expect from an atheist infested board?

JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JinjonatorX
[QUOTE="JinjonatorX"]There's historical evidence that the Revolutionary War happened. There's no historical evidence that Jesus Christ performed magic tricks. 3DSOG

Yeah, that's been debunked so many times it isn't even funny. It's not Noah Ark, and everyone but you has known that for a LOOOONG time. Next.
3DSOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 3DSOG
[QUOTE="3DSOG"][QUOTE="Dark__Link"]I hate it when people compare the Revolutionary War to Christianity.Dark__Link
You're just being a troll and reversing what I said to make yourself look clever. Thus continue the "LUL" factor of "It's the internet, who cares" Im trying to have a serious conversation here and you don't wanna use your brain to come up with a reasonable response. You instead went for the "LULZ"

Uh, no. You said you hate the comparison between Greek mythology and Christianity because supposedly it doesn't exist. But then you strike up a comparison between the Revolutionary War and Christianity that certainly doesn't exist. I don't even understand what you're trying to prove since your arguments make no sense..

My argument makes sense. YOU just dont understand it. Im comparing something that is universally accepted to something that is universally accepted, but often mocked.
MrBlazing_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrBlazing_S
Member since 2010 • 46 Posts

What has the discovery of a bit of wood on a mountain got to do with Jesus?

JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JinjonatorX
[QUOTE="3DSOG"][QUOTE="JinjonatorX"]There's historical evidence that the Revolutionary War happened. There's no historical evidence that Jesus Christ performed magic tricks. 3DSOG

Theres also no proof that George washington existed. There are only paintings of him: Like jesus There are stories of him: Like jesus People recognize his existance as truth: Like jesus There are no photographs of him "Like jesus"

No, there's actual historical evidence to prove he exists, it's not just word of mouth. Go back to school. Be educated.
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dark__Link
[QUOTE="3DSOG"][QUOTE="Dark__Link"][QUOTE="3DSOG"] You're just being a troll and reversing what I said to make yourself look clever. Thus continue the "LUL" factor of "It's the internet, who cares" Im trying to have a serious conversation here and you don't wanna use your brain to come up with a reasonable response. You instead went for the "LULZ"

My argument makes sense. YOU just dont understand it. Im comparing something that is universally accepted to something that is universally accepted, but often mocked.

Just because your argument makes sense to you doesn't mean it makes sense to anyone else.. If it did, you'd probably find a little more acceptance in this thread...
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts

[QUOTE="3DSOG"][QUOTE="JinjonatorX"]There's historical evidence that the Revolutionary War happened. There's no historical evidence that Jesus Christ performed magic tricks. 3DSOG
Oh really?

There are so many things wrong with this I may have to cry myself to sleep tonight... :| Also: How is Harry Potter at all similar to Lord of the Rings?

*removed link*

3DSOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 3DSOG
[QUOTE="JinjonatorX"][QUOTE="3DSOG"][QUOTE="3DSOG"] Oh really? http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fscitech%2F2010%2F04%2F27%2Fnoahs-ark-found-turkey-ararat%2F&ei=I_oDTdLvI4K78ga504zYAw&usg=AFQjCNGwvkaDTatCJR3nPt2adW4iFEvgMw&sig2=dTFpeUjjaI1nmCnwxCt4QQ

No, there's actual historical evidence to prove he exists, it's not just word of mouth. Go back to school. Be educated.

What actual historical evidence? His toothbrush? Once again. There is no proof at all.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 frostybanana
[QUOTE="JinjonatorX"][QUOTE="3DSOG"][QUOTE="3DSOG"] Oh really? http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fscitech%2F2010%2F04%2F27%2Fnoahs-ark-found-turkey-ararat%2F&ei=I_oDTdLvI4K78ga504zYAw&usg=AFQjCNGwvkaDTatCJR3nPt2adW4iFEvgMw&sig2=dTFpeUjjaI1nmCnwxCt4QQ

His body is buried at Mt. Vernon.
3DSOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 3DSOG
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="JinjonatorX"][QUOTE="3DSOG"] Theres also no proof that George washington existed. There are only paintings of him: Like jesus There are stories of him: Like jesus People recognize his existance as truth: Like jesus There are no photographs of him "Like jesus"

How do you know thats his body? It could have been anybody's.
JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JinjonatorX

[QUOTE="JinjonatorX"][QUOTE="3DSOG"] Theres also no proof that George washington existed. There are only paintings of him: Like jesus There are stories of him: Like jesus People recognize his existance as truth: Like jesus There are no photographs of him "Like jesus"3DSOG

What actual historical evidence? His toothbrush? Once again. There is no proof at all.

Many historical documents from various sources. Plus his grave. Go visit it.

Seriously, how old are you? I can't imagine how anyone over the age of 12 could be this misguided

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frostybanana
[QUOTE="3DSOG"][QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="JinjonatorX"] No, there's actual historical evidence to prove he exists, it's not just word of mouth. Go back to school. Be educated.

That sort of logic is why no one will take your arguments seriously.
3DSOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 3DSOG
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="3DSOG"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] His body is buried at Mt. Vernon.

How is it NOT logical? They DONT have dna testing they DONT have blood samples of Washington's relatives NO PHOTOS NO DNA JUST A CORPSE AND SOME PAINTINGS. those all could easily be faked. Grab a random guy's body. Draw a picture of the supposably "George washington" Fake some stories and you got yourself a war hero
JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JinjonatorX
Also, check out this nifty little thingy called the Declaration of Independence. You might have heard about it. It has his signature on it. Y'know, from when him and some other blokes BLOODY FOUNDED AMERICA?!
3DSOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 3DSOG
And FYI It's been done before. Faking somebody and coming up with a history for them is NOTHING NEW
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#25 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
There's historical evidence that the Revolutionary War happened. There's no historical evidence that Jesus Christ performed magic tricks. JinjonatorX
You're right. If what he's famous for did amount to magic tricks, he probably wouldn't be all that special, anyway. Anyway, the reason why people don't take Christianity as real is probably because they don't have someone like Moses unleashing another seven plagues/ bombing their asses with the ten commandments and opening the earth or Jesus healing the sick in front of everyone. I've noticed a lot of people saying they need proof to believe. Which is understandable, to a certain degree.
Pat-Bateman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pat-Bateman23
Member since 2010 • 210 Posts

And I hate it when they call christian history "christian mythology" It isn't mythology people. Do we call the revolutionary war "american mythology" no we don't. There is nothing SIMILAR about christianity and greek mythology. Maybe 1 or 2 things but that really doesn't explain anything. J.k rowling's book is similar to Lord of the rings. Does that mean it directly copies it? The point im making is. People find "supposebly" similarities between a dead religion and an active one. Then wanna automatically claim that that religion is false just because it has similarities off a false religion. And yes, I'm calling greek mythology a false religion. Sorry to all you "PERCY JACKSON" fans.3DSOG

Are you saying a religion being active makes their claims true or their beliefs "real"? Conversely, if the religion isn't practiced there's no possibility of such claims on their part being authentic? Sorry if I misinterpreted here.

3DSOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 3DSOG
Also, check out this nifty little thingy called the Declaration of Independence. You might have heard about it. It has his signature on it. Y'know, from when him and some other blokes BLOODY FOUNDED AMERICA?!JinjonatorX
Sigh........ So just cause it has his signature on it...it automatically means he existed. If i make up a signature with a name of "Mr. Peabody" who was a great man that cured whatever disease at that time. He automatically exists because the paper SAYS so.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
Greek mythology heavily influenced Christianity. Hell, Voltaire once said that Christianity is a religion founded by Jesus and Plato.
JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JinjonatorX
[QUOTE="3DSOG"][QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="3DSOG"] How do you know thats his body? It could have been anybody's.

How is it NOT logical? They DONT have dna testing they DONT have blood samples of Washington's relatives NO PHOTOS NO DNA JUST A CORPSE AND SOME PAINTINGS. those all could easily be faked. Grab a random guy's body. Draw a picture of the supposably "George washington" Fake some stories and you got yourself a war hero

You realize that would involve a conspiracy the likes of which would make even National Treasure wet itself. And a pointless conspiracy at that. So do you also believe all the other presidents didn't exist too? Abraham Lincoln? JFK? Maybe Obama is a robot, I mean, has anyone hear ever met him? Hell, YOU might not exist. I've seen no evidence that you do. Stop posting.
3DSOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 3DSOG
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="JinjonatorX"] You're right. If what he's famous for did amount to magic tricks, he probably wouldn't be all that special, anyway. Anyway, the reason why people don't take Christianity as real is probably because they don't have someone like Moses unleashing another seven plagues/ bombing their asses with the ten commandments and opening the earth or Jesus healing the sick in front of everyone. I've noticed a lot of people saying they need proof to believe. Which is understandable, to a certain degree.

[QUOTE="JinjonatorX"]There's historical evidence that the Revolutionary War happened. There's no historical evidence that Jesus Christ performed magic tricks. BranKetra
You're right. If what he's famous for did amount to magic tricks, he probably wouldn't be all that special, anyway. Anyway, the reason why people don't take Christianity as real is probably because they don't have someone like Moses unleashing another seven plagues/ bombing their asses with the ten commandments and opening the earth or Jesus healing the sick in front of everyone. I've noticed a lot of people saying they need proof to believe. Which is understandable, to a certain degree.

There is a theory that, Once enough people believe. miracles were no longer needed there is around 1.4 billion christians on planet earth. More than enough to convert people. Now if it were around 40,000 christians. Yeah, moses would need to do something again
Proobie44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Proobie44
Member since 2006 • 5663 Posts

TC your arguing style is just...............................hilarious :lol:.

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dark__Link
Greek mythology heavily influenced Christianity. Hell, Voltaire once said that Christianity is a religion founded by Jesus and Plato.Theokhoth
You're too late. He's on about George Washington having never existed.
3DSOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 3DSOG
[QUOTE="JinjonatorX"][QUOTE="3DSOG"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] That sort of logic is why no one will take your arguments seriously.

You realize that would involve a conspiracy the likes of which would make even National Treasure wet itself. And a pointless conspiracy at that. So do you also believe all the other presidents didn't exist too? Abraham Lincoln? JFK? Maybe Obama is a robot, I mean, has anyone hear ever met him? Hell, YOU might not exist. I've seen no evidence that you do. Stop posting.

Abraham lincoln has a photograph JFK has video of himself and tv broadcasts Also, it makes no sense if i dont exist. I havent done anything significant nor have given you my name. To you right now im just a person. If im just a person how can i be fake if by making up a person you are substituting an average joe's life for something more extravagant. And since I am typing right now. I am a person. A.I this advanced doesn't exist . In laymans terms I am typing thus I am a human You don't know me thus I can't not be real. If i posed as someone famous then yeah. It's like thois If you don't know who I am, yet i am blanketing my life with that of somebody famous "Someone who cured cancer or something" Then thats my only persona For you to see through that persona and judge it as false. Would destroy my only persona you know. thus i would not exist because my only persona was the one that you knew. But you found out it was false. Thus you have no more personas to go by me.
Pat-Bateman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pat-Bateman23
Member since 2010 • 210 Posts

He automatically exists because the paper SAYS so.

You mean like Jesus?

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]Greek mythology heavily influenced Christianity. Hell, Voltaire once said that Christianity is a religion founded by Jesus and Plato.Dark__Link
You're too late. He's on about George Washington having never existed.

He existed, but he was a Templar hellbent on conquering the world with the Apple. I thought everybody knew this.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts
[QUOTE="JinjonatorX"]Also, check out this nifty little thingy called the Declaration of Independence. You might have heard about it. It has his signature on it. Y'know, from when him and some other blokes BLOODY FOUNDED AMERICA?!3DSOG
Sigh........ So just cause it has his signature on it...it automatically means he existed. If i make up a signature with a name of "Mr. Peabody" who was a great man that cured whatever disease at that time. He automatically exists because the paper SAYS so.

Then what of the first 4 years of the US? Was an impostor Washington running the country?
cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cobrax55
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

[QUOTE="JinjonatorX"]Also, check out this nifty little thingy called the Declaration of Independence. You might have heard about it. It has his signature on it. Y'know, from when him and some other blokes BLOODY FOUNDED AMERICA?!3DSOG

no, he is exists because there is a ton of documentation to support it from an abbundance of sources, including both those associated with him, and agaist him.

Its for the same reason that we know jesus existed. The Romans kept very good records of everything, and do infact mention his name. That doesnt of course mean he performed any miracles (he didnt).

JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JinjonatorX

I'm curious how you believe America was founded. And again, do you just reject ALL of history, saying it's an elaborate conspiracy on the largest scale humanity has ever seen? AND WHAT WOULD BE THE BLOODY POINT? DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE TO BACK UP ANY OF THESE EXTRAORDINARY CLAIMS YOU'RE MAKING? DIDN'T THINK SO.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 frostybanana
[QUOTE="3DSOG"][QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="3DSOG"] How do you know thats his body? It could have been anybody's.

First of all, your logic is contradicting the initial argument of Christianity being compared to Greek Mythology. By your logic, the existence of Christ could not be taken at it's word because it could've been "faked." Which is illogical reasoning. Historical figures are well documented within history by multiple sources, including George Washington. If your convinced that somehow all of those sources could be "faked" then you have no basis for reasoning as well and your own argument is invalidated by your own reasoning.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
[QUOTE="3DSOG"]And FYI It's been done before. Faking somebody and coming up with a history for them is NOTHING NEW

Congrats, you just insulted everything I know and hold dear and is the very foundation for the major that I currently study at University. Get a hint, just because you weren't there does not mean that there is no evidence for it. There are plenty of documents from Washington and about Washington, including birth and death records, marriage records, war records, public records, diaries, letters to and from Washington, his signature, records from his GODDAMN PRESIDENCY! What do we have for Jesus? The Bible.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="3DSOG"][QUOTE="JinjonatorX"]Also, check out this nifty little thingy called the Declaration of Independence. You might have heard about it. It has his signature on it. Y'know, from when him and some other blokes BLOODY FOUNDED AMERICA?!Ring_of_fire

Then what of the first 4 years of the US? Was an impostor Washington running the country?

Yes; but the REAL Washington made the colonial Americans believe it was him by brainwashing them with the Apple. God, people need to learn some history.
3DSOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 3DSOG

He automatically exists because the paper SAYS so.Pat-Bateman23

You mean like Jesus?

Thats different. Many christians feel jesus's touch. If YOU weren't an athiest you would be blessed by his touch too.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 frostybanana
[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="3DSOG"]And FYI It's been done before. Faking somebody and coming up with a history for them is NOTHING NEW

Congrats, you just insulted everything I know and hold dear and is the very foundation for the major that I currently study at University. Get a hint, just because you weren't there does not mean that there is no evidence for it. There are plenty of documents from Washington and about Washington, including birth and death records, marriage records, war records, public records, diaries, letters to and from Washington, his signature, records from his GODDAMN PRESIDENCY! What do we have for Jesus? The Bible.

There are historical documents other than The Bible that include the existence of Jesus Christ. In fact, the actual existence of Jesus Christ isn't what's usually being debated as most people understand that he did, in fact, exist. The argument is about the legitimacy of his holiness.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Wait does TC say he believe a global flood actually happened and the ark landed in the mountains with a pair of every animal on it.. aaahhhahahaha! I don't think that story is entirely historically accurate. It teaches a good message of hope and what not but I'm pretty sure to take it completely literally is a little bit of a stretch.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"][QUOTE="3DSOG"] Sigh........ So just cause it has his signature on it...it automatically means he existed. If i make up a signature with a name of "Mr. Peabody" who was a great man that cured whatever disease at that time. He automatically exists because the paper SAYS so.

Yes; but the REAL Washington made the colonial Americans believe it was him by brainwashing them with the Apple. God, people need to learn some history.

How do we know Washington isn't immortal, and he's been controlling the presidency throughout the history of the US? If anything this thread has taught me, someone else is buried in his grave! Only logical meaning is that he never died!
JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JinjonatorX
ITT: The OP inadvertently "proves" that Jesus never existed via the logic he's using to refute the people who don't believe in Jesus
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="Pat-Bateman23"]

He automatically exists because the paper SAYS so.3DSOG

You mean like Jesus?

Thats different. Many christians feel jesus's touch. If YOU weren't an athiest you would be blessed by his touch too.

That wasn't Jesus. . . Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to call my priest in preparation for Advent tomorrow.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 frostybanana
Let's not turn this into some sort of Jesus-hate thread just because of the flawed logic of one individual now.
ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts

Just because people call it Christian Mythology, doesn't mean they are comparing it to Greek Mythology.

There's more than one kind of mythology.

Edit: To make myself clear, I'm not saying that there isn't any Greek influence in Christianity. I'm just saying by your logic, people who call Christianity a type of mythology, is just comparing it to Greek. That's not true, since there's more mythologies than that. But of course, that's what I'm getting out of your post and your post makes no sense.

And I just realized you went on to George Washington. What?