I feel like I'm slowly going insane.

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peppersfan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 peppersfan2
Member since 2007 • 1064 Posts

I feel like i'm slowly going crazy. for the past 5 years i have been suffering from the following things. I don't mean to be emo but I watned somebody elses opinion on Gamespot the great source of knowledge and advice. so basicilly iits been like this for me.

1.I always feel like people are laughing at me or talking behind my back. I feel like people are always watching me when I'm in public. I'm afraid to make movements or even talk because of what people could potentially think.

2.I'm constantly fantasizing about scenario's involving power suicide murder or impressing others or having things I want. Literally hours will be spent on this.

3.I have severe Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and intrusive and troubling thoughts that cause me great anxiety.I wash my hands at least 20 times a day. I have to move the furniture in my room because it "doesn't look right"

4.Sometimes I worry that people are reading my mind or can hear my thoughts. I don't really think they are but I still worry just in case. Sometimes I feel like people are following me or are going to hurt me. for example "what if that car tried to run me over or the passenger pulled out a gun!?" i know its not likely or rational but the fear is always there.

5.I get so nervous even when I'm standing in a line and I don't feel comfortable around people. Sometimes I go on bathroom breaks just to get out of crowded rooms.

6.I don't respond to criticism well at all and I'm afraid that people will judge me or say things about me and the way I look. I hate sittting in the front and I always take the back seat of the classroom.

7.I can be happy one minute then talk to my friends and they can say something not bad at all and then I'll get depressed for the rest of the day except its not like sadness but more like a simmering anger and jealousy. I get really pissed off that I don't have the life that they do or the social networks. They can make an entirely benign comment and it can ruin my day but I don't let it show. I know they don't mean anything and its all in my head but the minute I leave my friends house i go from really happy and mellow to depressed.

8.I feel depressed but in a numb way not a sad way.

I don't know its been this way for almost 5 years. I can't take it anymore. What the hell is wrong with me?

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts
No offense dude, but you sound like you shouldn't even be allowed in public. Like you're padded room crazy. :|
Nevlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nevlim
Member since 2007 • 5312 Posts
Whatever it is I kinda feel the same every day except for the washing hands thing.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

You should se someone, haven't you thought about i?

Or maybe develop a more social lifestyle (don't mean to judge you, just thinking this might help)

web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts

What the hell is wrong with me?

peppersfan2

I have no idea

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts
I don't think you're insane, but you definitely sound like you have a mental disorder, like paranoia or something. Go see a psychiatrist, they'll help you.
Masterx1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Masterx1220
Member since 2005 • 2426 Posts
ok hey i sometimes feel the same way you do about the friends and the social status and stuff. but you should really talk to your parents or really close friends. they are there for a reason.
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
1. You are anxious about something you have done, find it and fix it. 2. You are anxious about something you have done, find it and fix it. 3. Chill out you can not control everything, live in the present. 4. Confess your secrets, don't hold them in, be yourself (as they say) 5. You're worried about what people think of you, don't, you shouldn't care what people think because they can only do that, think. 6. Find something you like doing, a hobby or go to the gym (v useful) 7. You are lacking structure in your life, doing something everyday like going to the gym balances out your day. Nobody is sunshine all day long you just have to live for the moment. 8. Most importantly, shut up there's nothing wrong with you it's just a phase.
peppersfan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 peppersfan2

No offense dude, but you sound like you shouldn't even be allowed in public. Like you're padded room crazy. :|Pirate700

Its not like I've ever been arrested or anything. My freinds think I'm happy. People don't see whats going on underneth. I just act cool and collected no matter how I feel.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 clembo1990
I don't think you're insane, but you definitely sound like you have a mental disorder, like paranoia or something. Go see a psychiatrist, they'll help you.Gamer4Iife
I had this it's called "being a teenager" disease, I don't like to say people are definately wrong but I'm sorry to say you are, definately. It's all in his head, it's not a disease like cancer it's just stuff like junk.
blackldragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blackldragon
Member since 2005 • 1540 Posts
Might wanna find out how to cope or see a psychiatrist. But I'm like you on 7) I do get jeolous that I'm not a great social person, I mean I can talk to people but my mind blanks alot.
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts
Yea I'm pretty sure we have lots of psychiatrists in here.
elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts
Sounds like you just might be in a state of Disturbia. Bom bom bee dum bom bom bee dum dum.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

4.Sometimes I worry that people are reading my mind or can hear my thoughts. I don't really think they are but I still worry just in case.

peppersfan2
I know what you mean about this. If I have a certain song stuck in my head or am thinking about something, I try to change thoughts as quickly as possible in fear that someone will know what I'm thinking about.
entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

I don't know its been this way for almost 5 years. I can't take it anymore. What the hell is wrong with me?

peppersfan2

You shouldn't have to suffer like that. You should see a psychiatrist for an evalulation. The symptoms you describe seem to be those of schizoaffective disorder. You owe it to yourself to get some help.

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
dude almost everything you wrote i know exactly how you feel! Yea you should really really consider talking to a professional, thats what i did... Good luck...
peppersfan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 peppersfan2

1. You are anxious about something you have done, find it and fix it. 2. You are anxious about something you have done, find it and fix it. 3. Chill out you can not control everything, live in the present. 4. Confess your secrets, don't hold them in, be yourself (as they say) 5. You're worried about what people think of you, don't, you shouldn't care what people think because they can only do that, think. 6. Find something you like doing, a hobby or go to the gym (v useful) 7. You are lacking structure in your life, doing something everyday like going to the gym balances out your day. Nobody is sunshine all day long you just have to live for the moment. 8. Most importantly, shut up there's nothing wrong with you it's just a phase.clembo1990

No its not just a phase. Its not just a matter of "growing up and being more confident" i feel paralyzed and unable to move Its not just anxiety but fear. I can't just shrug it off.

There is a difference between normal adolecent turmoil and what I'm feeling.

I keep busy and I go to college full time.

Rigga911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rigga911
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
pray and maybe God will help you, its your only hope
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gamer4Iife
[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]I don't think you're insane, but you definitely sound like you have a mental disorder, like paranoia or something. Go see a psychiatrist, they'll help you.clembo1990
I had this it's called "being a teenager" disease, I don't like to say people are definately wrong but I'm sorry to say you are, definately. It's all in his head, it's not a disease like cancer it's just stuff like junk.

Joke post? :? I'm 19 and never had any problems like that. I even studied psychology for a year, some of the things he said definitely qualifies as a mental disorder.
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
sorry can't help i'm already insane
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 clembo1990
[QUOTE="peppersfan2"]

entropyecho

You shouldn't have to suffer like that. You should see a psychiatrist for an evalulation. The symptoms you describe seem to be those of schizoaffective disorder. You owe it to yourself to get some help.

Or this person could try a method that doesn't try to brainwash you with labels and a sense of zero responsibility, ie. button-up and get real. The danger of using psychiatry is the very method it employs, you could easily be led to believe that therapy is medicine, no. Medicine and the body are like two peas in a pod whereas therapy and the mind is like band-aid on a jugular wound.
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clembo1990
[QUOTE="clembo1990"][QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]I don't think you're insane, but you definitely sound like you have a mental disorder, like paranoia or something. Go see a psychiatrist, they'll help you.Gamer4Iife

Joke post? :? I'm 19 and never had any problems like that. I even studied psychology for a year, some of the things he said definitely qualifies as a mental disorder.

Psychiatry is a dogma you have to buy into to believe. I'd rather use things that actually help (yeah I took psych. A level too, it's a young science and completely Osterich-with-its-head-in-the-sand to everything it does in terms of ethics), giving this guy a label won't help if he can just be told to fix his life. Before his control is taken away less drastic measures could be used.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Sounds like you just might be in a state of Disturbia. Bom bom bee dum bom bom bee dum dum.elblanquito_81
Where darkness is the light. Disturbia am I scaring you tonight..
SpootyHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 SpootyHead
Member since 2005 • 2702 Posts
Have you seen a psychiatrist? Most of those things are normal to some very small margin, but those sound more extreme.
peppersfan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 peppersfan2

I am seeing a therapist right now. I haven't really told her any of this stuff. From the little that I have told her about my OCD she wants to put me on anti anxiety medication and in a few weeks I'm going to see a new doctor who is better trained.

When I see her I'm going to be more honest and tell her whats really going on. All of it. I can't keep this stuff up any longer.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I'm going to school for Psychology right now, and just as a forewarning, I am NOT a mental health professional yet. But from all the classes I've taken here is my assessment of you.

You obviously have a lot of paranoid delusions about people scheming or plotting against you, as well as unreasonable thoughts about others following you and possibly wanting to cause harm to you. This, coupled with the reclusiveness and severe discomfort around people, and your highly active fantasy world are all pretty clear signs that you might be suffering from Paranoid Schizophrenia. The emotional numbness you mentioned is also an indicator of this; it's called flat affect.

You didn't mention this, but do you everhallucinate; hear things that aren't there, see things that aren't there, feel things that aren't there? If the answer is yes, then it is even more likely that you have this disorder. Another thing I'm curious about is how old are you? My guess is 17-23.

But if you care about your future, and becoming happy and content again, I'd advise you too seekimmediate psychological help, because whether or not you have Schizophrenia, you have some pretty big problems. If you do have schizophrenia, you need to consider with your doctor the possibility of neuroleptics(anti-psychotic drugs), as well as regular psychologicalassistancefrom a psychologist or social worker.

Again, I'm not a professional yet, and I'd strongly advice you to seek professionalassistance. You are potentially dealing with something extremely serious. If you have any questions for me, just post them here.

Best of luck to you pal

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clembo1990

[QUOTE="clembo1990"]1. You are anxious about something you have done, find it and fix it. 2. You are anxious about something you have done, find it and fix it. 3. Chill out you can not control everything, live in the present. 4. Confess your secrets, don't hold them in, be yourself (as they say) 5. You're worried about what people think of you, don't, you shouldn't care what people think because they can only do that, think. 6. Find something you like doing, a hobby or go to the gym (v useful) 7. You are lacking structure in your life, doing something everyday like going to the gym balances out your day. Nobody is sunshine all day long you just have to live for the moment. 8. Most importantly, shut up there's nothing wrong with you it's just a phase.peppersfan2

No its not just a phase. Its not just a matter of "growing up and being more confident" i feel paralyzed and unable to move Its not just anxiety but fear. I can't just shrug it off.

There is a difference between normal adolecent turmoil and what I'm feeling.

I keep busy and I go to college full time.

I hate to use the term but you are showing signs of depression. You are refusing to accept what your problem is. The solution is there but your mind is complacent to change that arsey little voice in your head that tells you the world is wrong. There's only so much other people can do. This is your battle you fight it, other people can only come in with stuff to confuse you. I've told you what to do, I wish it wasn't the case but that's the only way out. Grow up.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
[QUOTE="clembo1990"][QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"][QUOTE="clembo1990"] I had this it's called "being a teenager" disease, I don't like to say people are definately wrong but I'm sorry to say you are, definately. It's all in his head, it's not a disease like cancer it's just stuff like junk.

Psychiatry is a dogma you have to buy into to believe. I'd rather use things that actually help (yeah I took psych. A level too, it's a young science and completely Osterich-with-its-head-in-the-sand to everything it does in terms of ethics), giving this guy a label won't help if he can just be told to fix his life. Before his control is taken away less drastic measures could be used.

psychiatry is a medical feel and psychiatrists can prescribe medicine. what are you talking about?
entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

I am seeing a therapist right now. I haven't really told her any of this stuff. From the little that I have told her about my OCD she wants to put me on anti anxiety medication and in a few weeks I'm going to see a new doctor who is better trained.

When I see her I'm going to be more honest and tell her whats really going on. All of it. I can't keep this stuff up any longer.

peppersfan2

That's an excellent idea. I hope you feel better soon.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"][QUOTE="clembo1990"] I had this it's called "being a teenager" disease, I don't like to say people are definately wrong but I'm sorry to say you are, definately. It's all in his head, it's not a disease like cancer it's just stuff like junk.clembo1990

You have a gross misunderstanding of what modern-day psychology is about.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gamer4Iife
[QUOTE="clembo1990"] Psychiatry is a dogma you have to buy into to believe. I'd rather use things that actually help (yeah I took psych. A level too, it's a young science and completely Osterich-with-its-head-in-the-sand to everything it does in terms of ethics), giving this guy a label won't help if he can just be told to fix his life. Before his control is taken away less drastic measures could be used

What do you suggest then ? Pretending all is normal because hes a teenager ? Honestly, seeing experts that have actually studied that kind of stuff seems like a much better idea than listening to some random dude on the internets, no offense.
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clembo1990
[QUOTE="clembo1990"][QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"] Joke post? :? I'm 19 and never had any problems like that. I even studied psychology for a year, some of the things he said definitely qualifies as a mental disorder.DivergeUnify

psychiatry is a medical feel and psychiatrists can prescribe medicine. what are you talking about?

There's nothing wrong with what I said there is, however, a massive gap in logic in yours. Have you ever questioned the integrity of psychiatry? No? Well it's conclusions aren't exactly irrefutablely 100% You may as well have a medicine man give oyu a placebo than listen to the pantomime of human understand of mental "health" (funny how we actually consider the concious mind to have a state of physical health).
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clembo1990
[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"][QUOTE="clembo1990"] Psychiatry is a dogma you have to buy into to believe. I'd rather use things that actually help (yeah I took psych. A level too, it's a young science and completely Osterich-with-its-head-in-the-sand to everything it does in terms of ethics), giving this guy a label won't help if he can just be told to fix his life. Before his control is taken away less drastic measures could be used

What do you suggest then ? Pretending all is normal because hes a teenager ? Honestly, seeing experts that have actually studied that kind of stuff seems like a much better idea than listening to some random dude on the internets, no offense.

I may just be a random dude but I did at least say I went through this. Reading books helps, let's you see another perspective, this guy clearly lacks perspective otherwise he wouldn't have posted that stuff. The real experts are people who have experienced said part of life not someone removed from reality with a clipboard and a check-list in hand.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I wash my hands 20 times a day. No worries.
peppersfan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 peppersfan2

I'm going to school for Psychology right now, and just as a forewarning, I am NOT a mental health professional yet. But from all the classes I've taken here is my assessment of you.

You obviously have a lot of paranoid delusions about people scheming or plotting against you, as well as unreasonable thoughts about others following you and possibly wanting to cause harm to you. This, coupled with the reclusiveness and severe discomfort around people, and your highly active fantasy world are all pretty clear signs that you might be suffering from Paranoid Schizophrenia. The emotional numbness you mentioned is also an indicator of this; it's called flat affect.

You didn't mention this, but do you everhallucinate; hear things that aren't there, see things that aren't there, feel things that aren't there? If the answer is yes, then it is even more likely that you have this disorder. Another thing I'm curious about is how old are you? My guess is 17-23.

But if you care about your future, and becoming happy and content again, I'd advise you too seekimmediate psychological help, because whether or not you have Schizophrenia, you have some pretty big problems. If you do have schizophrenia, you need to consider with your doctor the possibility of neuroleptics(anti-psychotic drugs), as well as regular psychologicalassistancefrom a psychologist or social worker.

Again, I'm not a professional yet, and I'd strongly advice you to seek professionalassistance. You are potentially dealing with something extremely serious. If you have any questions for me, just post them here.

Best of luck to you pal

Shenmue_Jehuty

I don't really see things or hear things.

Also I don't belive myself to be rational in my beliefs. I know that their not realistic afterwards or even during but I can get caught up in the moment. Let me give you an example of something that happens In this instance whenever I get my hair cut.

"hmmn those hair stylists don't speak english. What if their talking about me and saying bad things about my hair?"

"what if they heard that? Don't think of something racist! Damn! What if they heard that and want to mess up my hair as revenge?"

"no thats not realistic your just being crazy again. Nobody can read your mind! Stop being stupid." "Listen if you are reading my mind I'm sorry I didn't mean that"

Then I leave and am so releaved to be out of that situation. Other times I get scared my friends are hacking into my computer or can see my Myspace edit history. I know that they would never do that but I just get so worried by the idea of it. Then I feel bad for suspecting them even though I know they would never do that.

Othertimes I wonder what if my laptops microphone is on and somebody is listening to me.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 clembo1990

[QUOTE="clembo1990"][QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"] Joke post? :? I'm 19 and never had any problems like that. I even studied psychology for a year, some of the things he said definitely qualifies as a mental disorder.Shenmue_Jehuty

Believe me, I don't. It draws conclusions on assumptions that can not be proven. It's a dogma. Or as good as one for uncovering the truth. Common sense may not have a wing of every university devoted to it but it has always worked for me. A personal truth, and I don't know anybody with a psychiatrist that is normal. Theres a gap in the logic but hopefully (in some abstract new-age way) you might be able to see what i'm getting at.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="clembo1990"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="clembo1990"] Psychiatry is a dogma you have to buy into to believe. I'd rather use things that actually help (yeah I took psych. A level too, it's a young science and completely Osterich-with-its-head-in-the-sand to everything it does in terms of ethics), giving this guy a label won't help if he can just be told to fix his life. Before his control is taken away less drastic measures could be used.

There's nothing wrong with what I said there is, however, a massive gap in logic in yours. Have you ever questioned the integrity of psychiatry? No? Well it's conclusions aren't exactly irrefutablely 100% You may as well have a medicine man give oyu a placebo than listen to the pantomime of human understand of mental "health" (funny how we actually consider the concious mind to have a state of physical health).

There's a massive flaw in your logic in assuming I assume that psychiatry is 100 percent irrefutable. Before you question my logic and assumptions, perhaps you should question your ability to read analyze and understand a simple sentence
Forumposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#38 Forumposter
Member since 2008 • 847 Posts
wow, i can have numbers 1, 2, 4, 6, 7... =( trouble?
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shenmue_Jehuty

I don't really see things or hear things.

Also I don't belive myself to be rational in my beliefs. I know that their not realistic afterwards or even during but I can get caught up in the moment. Let me give you an example of something that happens In this instance whenever I get my hair cut.

"hmmn those barbers don't speak english. What if their talking about me and saying bad things about my hair?" "what if they heard that? Don't think of something racist! Damn! What if they heard that and want to mess up my hair as revenge?" "no thats not realistic your just being crazy again. Nobody can read your mind! Stop being stupid." "Listen if you are reading my mind I'm sorry I didn't mean that"

Then I leave and am so releaved to be out of that situation. Other times I get scared my friends are hacking into my computer or can see my Myspace edit history. I know that they would never do that but I just get so worried by the idea of it. Then I feel bad for suspecting them even though I know they would never do that.

Othertimes I wonder what if my laptops microphone is on and somebody is listening to me.

The delusions concern me, but what is of some comfort is that you can distinguish between what is real and what isn't; one of the key features in psychotic individuals is a large lack of insight into there madness. But again, please, please tell your psychologist about this and have them evaluate you. At the very least, you have severe social anxiety and severe distortions of peoples intentions. It is interesting that many of your thoughts involve people judging you, or possibly withdrawing their favorable opinion of you; they may e linked. Anyhoo, I hope things look up for you man; I know it is horrible to feel like you are a prisoner of your own mind.

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#40 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
Someone once said that crazy people don't know they're crazy, so I think you're good to go.
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
We're all going insane...one day at a time.
peppersfan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 peppersfan2

Yeah I know. I feel better by posting this and I'm going to talk about it and try to get help.

I just felt really bad today and I felt like I needed to make a topic about how I felt. I didn't really expect any good responses but I did get some good ones.

Thanks.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clembo1990
[QUOTE="clembo1990"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"] psychiatry is a medical feel and psychiatrists can prescribe medicine. what are you talking about?DivergeUnify

There's a massive flaw in your logic in assuming I assume that psychiatry is 100 percent irrefutable. Before you question my logic and assumptions, perhaps you should question your ability to read analyze and understand a simple sentence

I never said you did. Usually when people read a sentence they judge upon the context it is given in then wait to be corrected, I believe i was merely adding to a rhetoical question not assuming you didn't know this. Infact you could presume that I do not presume you are talking **** and know nothing about psychology. After all you did say psychiatrists were involved in medicine. I won't apologise for anything, mostly because you asked me a question and I gave you the answer and then some. The only reason for this reply (which clearly my 3AM logic has defeated your arguement seeing as how you've changed the subject/lost interest so quickly) is to clear up how you should approach a discussion and how your reply was pretty much basless considering how you asked me "what are you talking about?" an open ended question that could elicit "&^%&" and it'd still be relevant, not correct, but relevant.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I have no idea.

By the way, how old are you, kid? If you don't mind me asking.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="clembo1990"] There's nothing wrong with what I said there is, however, a massive gap in logic in yours. Have you ever questioned the integrity of psychiatry? No? Well it's conclusions aren't exactly irrefutablely 100% You may as well have a medicine man give oyu a placebo than listen to the pantomime of human understand of mental "health" (funny how we actually consider the concious mind to have a state of physical health).clembo1990

I never said you did. Usually when people read a sentence they judge upon the context it is given in then wait to be corrected, I believe i was merely adding to a rhetoical question not assuming you didn't know this. Infact you could presume that I do not presume you are talking **** and know nothing about psychology. After all you did say psychiatrists were involved in medicine. I won't apologise for anything, mostly because you asked me a question and I gave you the answer and then some. The only reason for this reply (which clearly my 3AM logic has defeated your arguement seeing as how you've changed the subject/lost interest so quickly) is to clear up how you should approach a discussion and how your reply was pretty much basless considering how you asked me "what are you talking about?" an open ended question that could elicit "&^%&" and it'd still be relevant, not correct, but relevant.

what are you taking about, by nature, can be considered a rhetorical question, so don't act like I was being legit. I didn't ask you to apologize for anything and I was merely correcting a simple flaw in how you seemed to use psychiatry so stop the defensive 'smarter than thou' bs. what logic have you used that caused my to change topics? I didn't have a topic, I was simply pointing out an error
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
Here's a tip: Stop thinking those things! Get a hobby or something to keep your mind off of those thoughts.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shenmue_Jehuty
[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="clembo1990"] Psychiatry is a dogma you have to buy into to believe. I'd rather use things that actually help (yeah I took psych. A level too, it's a young science and completely Osterich-with-its-head-in-the-sand to everything it does in terms of ethics), giving this guy a label won't help if he can just be told to fix his life. Before his control is taken away less drastic measures could be used.clembo1990

Believe me, I don't. It draws conclusions on assumptions that can not be proven. It's a dogma. Or as good as one for uncovering the truth. Common sense may not have a wing of every university devoted to it but it has always worked for me. A personal truth, and I don't know anybody with a psychiatrist that is normal. Theres a gap in the logic but hopefully (in some abstract new-age way) you might be able to see what i'm getting at.

Your assumption that psychiatry and psychology are based on a bunch of unfounded assumptions that are dogmatic is completely inaccurate. Psychology and psychiatry, like physics, biology, chemistry, or astronomy are based on the scientific method and all adhere to the principles of science. In true science there is no such thing as dogma; evidence and theories are always open toscrutinyand alternative theories. The only catch is that you have to prove your alternative idea, over and over again before it replaces the currently held theory. What we have right now in modern day psychology is not perfect, but it is what we have right now, and we do not except it as the complete truth, only part of it. We take these parts and use them in ways that expand our understanding of the human mind. We also use our limited understanding to assist people with mental pathology. Any psychological professional that claims psychology has all the answers is wrong, but what we do have has been proven to help millions of people with a large array of problems. Again, they aren't perfect, but they are what we got, and they are continually improved and revised.

And common sense can be very misleading and filled with error. Scientificinquirysuffer far less from these problems.

And it would make sense that people seeing a psychiatrist would not be "normal." If they were, why would they be seeing a psychiatrist in the first place.

And I do see where you are coming from; like any profession there are individuals whoincompetent. Incompetence in my field can come in the form of know it all, there is no other way doctors who say "well it says this in this book and this is why it is fact. period." This is wrong and misleading, and any professional who thinks this really needs to consider their usefulness to those they serve. But at large, most professionals in psychology don't carry the dogma you mention.

peppersfan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 peppersfan2

Anti Psychiatry is a dogma in and of itself. The idea that all individuals diagnosed with a disorder simply need to "toughen up" is foolish and naive.

Just because psychollogy is a new science (which its not) we should not apply what we know at all in practice? Thats not a good idea.

tbbenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tbbenny
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Same here. I really tthin by age 20 i will have commited a murder. but i hope not.
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
your not crazy, just neurotic. it happens to the best of us eventually.