I am tired of religious threads...

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 buxboy
Member since 2004 • 6940 Posts

Honestly, I don't care about evolution, ahtiests, religion, I don't care. Why the hell are you going to argue about something that in the end really does not affect you? Pleas explain why you care so much whether we came from fish or whether someone believes in god or doesn't

Can't you just live your life with your beliefs and not care? Just focus on living your own life?

I make my own damn choices, I do not need stories and rules to keep me in line and I do not need to argue about it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
Religion does affect some people and you don't have to read the thread if you don't like it. Simple...no?
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Honestly, if you don't like them, you do not need to view them or post in them.
dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dlp21
Member since 2003 • 2116 Posts
Because it is these choices in our belief systems that change the way the future pans out. And so religion is one of, if not the most influencial philosophy on our society today.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
don't read them then. It's not like most of the religion threads have cryptic titles.
buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 buxboy

Because it is these choices in our belief systems that change the way the future pans out. And so religion is one of, if not the most influencial philosophy on our society today.dlp21
Yes, but it doesn't need to be. Everywhere we go, there is a war or a fight for freedom of some sort. Can we not just live our own damn life? Make our own choices? Can't we do what we want?

Oh and btw, I am just sick of people arguing about it in general. Seeing the damn thread is just an annoyance.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="dlp21"]Because it is these choices in our belief systems that change the way the future pans out. And so religion is one of, if not the most influencial philosophy on our society today.buxboy

Yes, but it doesn't need to be. Everywhere we go, there is a war or a fight for freedom of some sort. Can we not just live our own damn life? Make our own choices? Can't we do what we want?

Oh and btw, I am just sick of people arguing about it in general. Seeing the damn thread is just an annoyance.

And you think the world should conform to your likes and dislikes?

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#8 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Dont like them, don´t read them. No one is forcing you.
buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 buxboy
[QUOTE="buxboy"]

[QUOTE="dlp21"]Because it is these choices in our belief systems that change the way the future pans out. And so religion is one of, if not the most influencial philosophy on our society today.LJS9502_basic

You are missing the point. I am just thinking that people should think and make choices, instead of being pushed into a belief system that could get them killed. Is earths population really stupid enough to think they have to believe in something? We have been fighting for freedom for a really long time, can we not just let it go when it comes to this stuff?

Do we really need to argue about what you should do? Can't we just do what we want?

LouieV13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#10 LouieV13
Member since 2005 • 7604 Posts
Old news is old.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="buxboy"]

[QUOTE="dlp21"]Because it is these choices in our belief systems that change the way the future pans out. And so religion is one of, if not the most influencial philosophy on our society today.buxboy

You are missing the point. I am just thinking that people should think and make choices, instead of being pushed into a belief system that could get them killed. Is earths population really stupid enough to think they have to believe in something? We have been fighting for freedom for a really long time, can we not just let it go when it comes to this stuff?

Do we really need to argue about what you should do? Can't we just do what we want?

Who are you to say they haven't made their own choice? Bit presumptious. Is it hard for you to let people believe what they choose to believe? Smacks of arrogance.

They are doing what they want.:|

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 buxboy
[QUOTE="buxboy"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="buxboy"]

[QUOTE="dlp21"]Because it is these choices in our belief systems that change the way the future pans out. And so religion is one of, if not the most influencial philosophy on our society today.LJS9502_basic

Who are you to say they haven't made their own choice? Bit presumptious. Is it hard for you to let people believe what they choose to believe? Smacks of arrogance.

They are doing what they want.:|

Not everyone. Not everone does what they please. What about the people in the middle east that get shot because they do not believe in something? We have taken it all too far. Yeah, if religion is for you, then fine, but we do not need to argue about it, we just need to let eachother do what the **** they want, and that means not arguing about something that is not going to change.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
You click on a thread voluntarily. You can easily avoid them if you want. These recycled anti-religion-thread threads are just as annoying as the recycled religion threads themselves.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic

Not everyone. Not everone does what they please. What about the people in the middle east that get shot because they do not believe in something? We have taken it all too far. Yeah, if religion is for you, then fine, but we do not need to argue about it, we just need to let eachother do what the **** they want, and that means not arguing about something that is not going to change.buxboy

We? I have not personally assualted anyone for believing differently...let alone shot them. Arguing is a far cry from shooting someone. Anyway discussion is not a bad thing.

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 krunkmastax
Member since 2004 • 36027 Posts

You click on a thread voluntarily. You can easily avoid them if you want. These recycled anti-religion-thread threads are just as annoying as the recycled religion threads themselves.foxhound_fox

Couldn't have typed it better myself.

Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts

Not everyone. Not everone does what they please. What about the people in the middle east that get shot because they do not believe in something? We have taken it all too far. Yeah, if religion is for you, then fine, but we do not need to argue about it, we just need to let eachother do what the **** they want, and that means not arguing about something that is not going to change.buxboy

You don't get shot here, and you're not forced to believe in something. People are just exhanging ideas. Just like you are doing right now.

Debating something also helps people further understand what they believe in. I would say that discussing religion in OT has taught me more things than talking about movies, my favorite pop, or music. In fact, I would say that 99% of what I've learned here has come from religious debates.

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 krunkmastax

We? I have not personally assualted anyone for believing differently...let alone shot them. Arguing is a far cry from shooting someone. Anyway discussion is not a bad thing.

LJS9502_basic

LJ I can see his point. It all ends in useless flaming and insults.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]You click on a thread voluntarily. You can easily avoid them if you want. These recycled anti-religion-thread threads are just as annoying as the recycled religion threads themselves.KrunkMastaX

Couldn't have typed it better myself.

Make a lot of typos huh....:P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

KrunkMastaX

LJ I can see his point. It all ends in useless flaming and insults.

Pfft...I've never flamed or insulted. I have, however, been flamed and insulted.:D

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 buxboy

[QUOTE="buxboy"]Not everyone. Not everone does what they please. What about the people in the middle east that get shot because they do not believe in something? We have taken it all too far. Yeah, if religion is for you, then fine, but we do not need to argue about it, we just need to let eachother do what the **** they want, and that means not arguing about something that is not going to change.LJS9502_basic

You are inferring into what I write as I see many people do here when they cannot directly confront subject matter at hand.

Anyway, that is besides the point. I am simply sick of people arguing over religious matters, I am sick of seeing wars about this, I am sick of everything concerning it. I do not care if, "In God We Trust" is on my dollar bill, I do not care, I am not going to let it affect me. I am not going to let some person denouncing jesus christ on the side of street affect me either. If we are so free everywhere we go, why do we still need to argue about what people are doing, what people think, or what we should do. Can we not just let it go? Believe what we want and keep it to ourselves? Can we not just live our own life?

wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wrlyy
Member since 2006 • 7632 Posts
So many posters here are in that teenage stage of insecurity regarding life, death and everything in between, so they take it to the internet.

Others just enjoy debating way too much.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="buxboy"]Not everyone. Not everone does what they please. What about the people in the middle east that get shot because they do not believe in something? We have taken it all too far. Yeah, if religion is for you, then fine, but we do not need to argue about it, we just need to let eachother do what the **** they want, and that means not arguing about something that is not going to change.buxboy

You are inferring into what I write as I see many people do here when they cannot directly confront subject matter at hand.

Anyway, that is besides the point. I am simply sick of people arguing over religious matters, I am sick of seeing wars about this, I am sick of everything concerning it. I do not care if, "In God We Trust" is on my dollar bill, I do not care, I am not going to let it affect me. I am not going to let some person denouncing jesus christ on the side of street affect me either. If we are so free everywhere we go, why do we still need to argue about what people are doing, what people think, or what we should do. Can we not just let it go? Believe what we want and keep it to ourselves? Can we not just live our own life?

But dude...the solution IS simple. Don't read the thread.

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 krunkmastax

Pfft...I've never flamed or insulted. I have, however, been flamed and insulted.:D

LJS9502_basic

Case and point silly. The OT doesn't revolve around you. :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

So many posters here are in that teenage stage of insecurity regarding life, death and everything in between, so they take it to the internet.

wrlyy

Or are bored....and make a simple statement only to have users jump on their every word.>__>

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 buxboy

You click on a thread voluntarily. You can easily avoid them if you want. These recycled anti-religion-thread threads are just as annoying as the recycled religion threads themselves.foxhound_fox
I am not against any religion, I don't care about religion period. I think it is stupid to argue about how I should live my life for example. I am just going to live and make my own choices.

What I am attempting to say here is, who the hell cares about whether evolution is real, or religion is real, why do we need to care? That is what I would like to know.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic

KrunkMastaX

I must cry myself to sleep tonight.:(:P

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 buxboy

wrlyy

Wow hit the nail on the head there.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]You click on a thread voluntarily. You can easily avoid them if you want. These recycled anti-religion-thread threads are just as annoying as the recycled religion threads themselves.buxboy

I am not against any religion, I don't care about religion period. I think it is stupid to argue about how I should live my life for example. I am just going to live and make my own choices.

What I am attempting to say here is, who the hell cares about whether evolution is real, or religion is real, why do we need to care? That is what I would like to know.

I would gather those that post in the threads care....

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 buxboy
[QUOTE="buxboy"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]You click on a thread voluntarily. You can easily avoid them if you want. These recycled anti-religion-thread threads are just as annoying as the recycled religion threads themselves.LJS9502_basic

I would gather those that post in the threads care....

Why do they care though? Way to avoid what I was really trying to say by the way.
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts

Why do we need to care though? Way to avoid what I was really trying to say by the way.buxboy

Why should you not care? More importantly, why do you care if they care? I thought you lived youre life not caring what other people thought. :|

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 krunkmastax
[QUOTE="KrunkMastaX"]

LJS9502_basic

I must cry myself to sleep tonight.:(:P

You'll be fine you're a tough one.

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 buxboy

[QUOTE="buxboy"]Why do we need to care though? Way to avoid what I was really trying to say by the way.DeeJayInphinity

Why should you not care? More importantly, why do you care if they care? I thought you lived youre life not caring what other people thought. :|

I said what I am trying convey wrong in that last post, Why do they care so much about something that doesn't affect them?

That is what I want to know.

I do live my own life, I don't care what people think, and I sure as hell do not care about evolution, but why do so many get so angry about it?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"]

[QUOTE="buxboy"]Why do we need to care though? Way to avoid what I was really trying to say by the way.buxboy

I said what I am trying convey wrong in that last post, Why do they care so much about something that doesn't affect them?

I do live my own life, I don't care what people think, and I sure as hell do not care about evolution, but why do so many get so angry about it?

Perhaps it affects them......

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 buxboy
[QUOTE="buxboy"][QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"]

[QUOTE="buxboy"]Why do we need to care though? Way to avoid what I was really trying to say by the way.LJS9502_basic

Perhaps it affects them......

How?
Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Thechaninator
Member since 2005 • 5187 Posts

wrlyy

The debates are a very good thing though. Testing your beliefs against other either helps show you the error of your beliefs, or if you were right then they only strengthen those beliefs.

It is also fun as an agnostic like myself because we get to play against both sides at once!!!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic
How?buxboy

Personal beliefs are very important to people....whatever they may be. In addition, some people seek validation from others.

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 buxboy
[QUOTE="buxboy"]How?LJS9502_basic

Personal beliefs are very important to people....whatever they may be. In addition, some people seek validation from others.

Why? Why do they need that? Why can they not just say **** all that do live there own life?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="buxboy"]How?buxboy

Why? Why do they need that? Why can they not just say **** all that do live there own life?

Why do people worry about being popular?

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 buxboy
[QUOTE="buxboy"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="buxboy"]How?LJS9502_basic

Why do people worry about being popular?

Alright, I am not going to lie I do not know what the hell I said in that last sentence. i think I might have meant why cant people just say to hell with all that and do what they want?

Anyway, well, I do not know why people worry about that. I don't.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic
Alright, I am not going to lie I do not know what the hell I said in that last sentence. i think I might have meant why cant people just say to hell with all that and do what they want?

buxboy

It doesn't necessarily mean they worry....and there are probably lots of reasons why they post in them. I generally don't post unless I'm really bored....and for some reason people seem to like to disagree with me so I get caught in the thread. I do hate to walk away from an argument....those are my reasons....but someone else will have a different reason. Not worry or even caring though.

buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 buxboy
[QUOTE="buxboy"]Alright, I am not going to lie I do not know what the hell I said in that last sentence. i think I might have meant why cant people just say to hell with all that and do what they want?

LJS9502_basic

It doesn't necessarily mean they worry....and there are probably lots of reasons why they post in them. I generally don't post unless I'm really bored....and for some reason people seem to like to disagree with me so I get caught in the thread. I do hate to walk away from an argument....those are my reasons....but someone else will have a different reason. Not worry or even caring though.

Hmmm first thing I have gotten out of you that made perfect sense all night. Hehe just kidding, your points are always quite valid.

Well I understand what you are saying perfectly. To be honest I have never entered a single religious thread. My parents were forced to go to catholic school and as soon as they were out, they never looked back and made there own choices, like me.

I just feel like so much trouble has been caused by something that was thought up to keep people in line and to i guess let them live a good life.

John Locke said it pretty damn good when he said something similar to, "The best education for a blank mind is experience" or something like that. I am sure it sounded a lot better than that. Are people too stupid to learn from experience and not need someone telling them what to do?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic
Hmmm first thing I have gotten out of you that made perfect sense all night. Hehe just kidding, your points are always quite valid.

Well I understand what you are saying perfectly. To be honest I have never entered a single religious thread. My parents were forced to go to catholic school and as soon as they were out, they never looked back and made there own choices, like me.

I just feel like so much trouble has been caused by something that was thought up to keep people in line and to i guess let them live a good life.

John Locke said it pretty damn good when he said something similar to, "The best education for a blank mind is experience" or something like that. I am sure it sounded a lot better than that. Are people too stupid to learn from experience and not need someone telling them what to do?

buxboy

Most people think they make their own decisions. As for religion....some people don't get anything out of it. Some people pervert it...and some people believe in it and do the right thing. Individual results will vary.:P

hobbez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 hobbez
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts
Why are you making such a big deal out of this? If the topics you mentioned are so irrelevant, why are you so affected?
buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 buxboy
[QUOTE="buxboy"]Hmmm first thing I have gotten out of you that made perfect sense all night. Hehe just kidding, your points are always quite valid.

LJS9502_basic

Most people think they make their own decisions. As for religion....some people don't get anything out of it. Some people pervert it...and some people believe in it and do the right thing. Individual results will vary.:P

Alright, it took a while, but there we go, I got my answer. I am very pleased. Now onto solving more of the worlds problems, one OT thread at a time.

You have seen me around these parts before, right?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

Alright, it took a while, but there we go, I got my answer. I am very pleased. Now onto solving more of the worlds problems, one OT thread at a time.

buxboy

Your name is familiar...yes.

Two400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 Two400
Member since 2006 • 2787 Posts
People can't accept God is real :D
buxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 buxboy
[QUOTE="buxboy"]

LJS9502_basic

I have been hanging around here since 2004. However for that length of time, my post count is low. I like to bserve sometimes. Most of my posting is done in unions, specifically. The OCU which I helped start.

Anyway, very interesting talking to you. I look forward to the next endevour I might happen to run into you on.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="buxboy"]

buxboy

I have been hanging around here since 2004. However for that length of time, my post count is low. I like to bserve sometimes. Most of my posting is done in unions, specifically. The OCU which I helped start.

Anyway, very interesting talking to you. I look forward to the next endevour I might happen to run into you on.

Catch ya later.....

FearMeIAmLag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FearMeIAmLag
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

Religion thread=Post count+1

halo9424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 halo9424
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts

Honestly, I don't care about evolution, ahtiests, religion, I don't care. Why the hell are you going to argue about something that in the end really does not affect you? Pleas explain why you care so much whether we came from fish or whether someone believes in god or doesn't

Can't you just live your life with your beliefs and not care? Just focus on living your own life?

I make my own damn choices, I do not need stories and rules to keep me in line and I do not need to argue about it.

then just go to different forum k?

buxboy