How much would your life change if....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts

You find out today from your GF, last girl you were involved with, whatever, that she's pregnant (guys)

You find out today you're pregnant (girls)

How much would your life change? What would you have to give up or how would you adjust to something like that?

For me I think if I leave a girl pregnant my parents would probably be pissed, I would probably have to get a job at night to be able to go to college in the morning either that or I would be force to study even harder to finish my carreer as soon as possible. I would have to marry that girl and either agree to live in our separate places (if parents agree) or we would be kicked out from our house and would have to look for a sh*tty place to live.

I would probably take a little longer to graduate, I wouldn't be able to spend things on me after I get a job I'd be forced to buy a house a car, start thinking on that kid's educaction, food, clothes pretty much all my life goals would have to be put on standby or cancelled completely. The first few years would probably be though but after a while things economically would look better. All in all I'm not ready for that kind of responsibility.

How about you?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

My hopes and dreams would be ruined, I'd probably get someone to push her down some stairs. Though to be honest I wouldn't get involved with a chick who wouldn't get an abortion.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Id be confused as fvck, as ive never had a GF.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I'd be broker than I am now after paying for the abortion.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

Aww, thought the question would be something outside or reality.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Darthkaiser

theone86
:lol: (I'm going to hell for laughin at this)
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Darthkaiser

:lol: (I'm going to hell for laughin at this)

I'll have some margaritas waiting for you.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 konvikt_17

though if i were in this situation, id definately be able to handle it.

i basically raised my sisters daughter from birth.

my niece has been living with us pretty much her whole life(she is 4 now). id say there was a window of 3 months, where she was with my sister in Florida. other than that, shes been living with us, and ive been taking care of her.

its really not that bad, nor that hard.

sure you have to change diapers and stuff but thats really not hard.

then when they get older, and try to form words and sentences, is just great. the things they say/try to say, are awesome.

my niece is an absolute joy to have around the house.

right now, she is sitting on the floor playing with her new Cinderella toy castle thing she got today. shes talking to herself and such. quite humorous.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fightingfan

konvikt_17

I'm scared, but I want to get a vasectomy; and if any chick tells me she's pregnant I can do a swift beach slap.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

a lot, I suppose.

raising a human is a burden that is too far often trivialized.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 konvikt_17

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

Fightingfan

I'm scared, but I want to get a vasectomy; and if any chick tells me she's pregnant I can do a swift beach slap.

9898849.jpg:P

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

For me I think if I leave a girl pregnant my parents would probably be pissed, I would probably have to get a job at night to be able to go to college in the morning either that or I would be force to study even harder to finish my carreer as soon as possible. I would have to marry that girl and either agree to live in our separate places (if parents agree) or we would be kicked out from our house and would have to look for a sh*tty place to live.

I would probably take a little longer to graduate, I wouldn't be able to spend things on me after I get a job I'd be forced to buy a house a car, start thinking on that kid's educaction, food, clothes pretty much all my life goals would have to be put on standby or cancelled completely. The first few years would probably be though but after a while things economically would look better. All in all I'm not ready for that kind of responsibility.

How about you?

Darthkaiser
This is pretty much what I'd do too.
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Bullet to the brain, I want to have a son but not now my life is just getting started.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I would adjust. It would be earlier than what I'd wanted, but I could figure it out. I'm in a stable, long term relationship, but even then we're not financially ready to be on our own with the responsibility of a child, so that would suck. There would have to be a lot of "get everything done ASAP so we can get on our feet" before the kid showed up, and a lot of working our asses off to get things rolling smoothly. I don't think my parents can be mad at me at this age, I'm an adult, but I'd still end up relying on them for a while for help to some extent. I dunno, I could make it work. Not an ideal situation, but it could work. Better now than when I was sixteen, that's for sure.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XilePrincess

though if i were in this situation, id definately be able to handle it.

i basically raised my sisters daughter from birth.

my niece has been living with us pretty much her whole life(she is 4 now). id say there was a window of 3 months, where she was with my sister in Florida. other than that, shes been living with us, and ive been taking care of her.

its really not that bad, nor that hard.

sure you have to change diapers and stuff but thats really not hard.

then when they get older, and try to form words and sentences, is just great. the things they say/try to say, are awesome.

my niece is an absolute joy to have around the house.

right now, she is sitting on the floor playing with her new Cinderella toy castle thing she got today. shes talking to herself and such. quite humorous.

konvikt_17
Are you not still a teenager living with your parents? You say 'us' so I assume you're either a teen or just not able to provide for yourself financially, which means you're also not providing for the child. I seem to recall you saying you babysit for your parents instead of having a job? Maybe that was somebody else. That's what you're missing here, it's all fine and dandy to not mind changing diapers and feeding her and playing with her, but providing for a kid financially is the strain. We're all able to give love, love is free. But the hard part is being able to make ends meet to give the kid everything they need. You're pretty much playing big brother to her, you're not putting food in her mouth or a roof over her head, you're doing all the 'easy' and 'fun' stuff and that's not what being a parent is about. You're giving it a pop-culture teen pregnancy gloss-over, even if you do spend most of your day with her, you're not really out busting your a** to make sure she has clothes and food if your parents are paying for everything for her.
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darthkaiser

Even if you do spend most of your day with her, you're not really out busting your a** to make sure she has clothes and food if your parents are paying for everything for her.XilePrincess

Gotta agree on this, it's one thing to babysit and another to provide for the kid

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts
Ah yes the little buggers can be expensive....but there's no greater feeling in the world than being a parent.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

This topic just prove that if you aren't ready to have a child, you should either keep it in your pants, or wrap it up before you slap it up.

I'm scared enough about being a dad, and I'm married and my wife is 7 months pregnant.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Gay, so that wouldn't happen.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

I'd be very, very confused, as that would be impossible.

But hypothetically, I'd work on getting a steadier job and give up on going back to school. I wouldn't think of it as giving up my dream, but rather replacing and old dream with a new dream. I'd get a cheaper two bedroom apartment. Luckily I know my parents, and various other family members, would support a hypothetical child of mine, even if they would never speak to me again and would constantly send the baby clothing and diapers and the like, which they do for their other grandchildren and would help me out a lot. And I have so many family members that I could negotiate babysitting agreements with several of them to help. I'd kind of actually be happy. Though it would be a selfish kind of happy, because I'm not prepared at this time to be a parent.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 konvikt_17

Are you not still a teenager living with your parents? You say 'us' so I assume you're either a teen or just not able to provide for yourself financially, which means you're also not providing for the child. I seem to recall you saying you babysit for your parents instead of having a job? Maybe that was somebody else. That's what you're missing here, it's all fine and dandy to not mind changing diapers and feeding her and playing with her, but providing for a kid financially is the strain. We're all able to give love, love is free. But the hard part is being able to make ends meet to give the kid everything they need. You're pretty much playing big brother to her, you're not putting food in her mouth or a roof over her head, you're doing all the 'easy' and 'fun' stuff and that's not what being a parent is about. You're giving it a pop-culture teen pregnancy gloss-over, even if you do spend most of your day with her, you're not really out busting your a** to make sure she has clothes and food if your parents are paying for everything for her.XilePrincess

correct, though im 21.

yea i didnt really think about supporting her on my own. slipped my mind:P

yea, i imagine it would be difficult, and would change my life quite tremendously.

probly need to get a job, maybe two and such.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fightingfan
Supporting a child doesn't require any work; it's called child support. It's sooo easy to simply mail a check.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

That someone would be getting a well placed Falcon Punch from me.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XilePrincess

correct, though im 21.

yea, i imagine it would be difficult, and would change my life quite tremendously.

konvikt_17
Ah right, I figured I was wrong about the teenage thing. But either way, it's a great thing that you give her all the emotional support that you can, being the 'big brother' figure and adding some structure in her life by being a constant (caring and apparently quite attentive) caregiver. That's great by the way, I applaud you for putting heart into being there for that little girl in the way that you are. It sounds like you really care for her and that she really needs all the love that you give her.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#25 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
Suddenly, my dream of losing my virginity before I turn 16 is ruined.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 konvikt_17

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

correct, though im 21.

XilePrincess

Ah right, I figured I was wrong about the teenage thing. But either way, it's a great thing that you give her all the emotional support that you can, being the 'big brother' figure and adding some structure in her life by being a constant (caring and apparently quite attentive) caregiver. That's great by the way, I applaud you for putting heart into being there for that little girl in the way that you are. It sounds like you really care for her and that she really needs all the love that you give her.

thanks.

i do care for her.

my parents are working on getting custody over her, as my sister is not fit to raise her, but thinks she is.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
Honestly I wouldn't know what to do with myself.
Iceozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Iceozo
Member since 2009 • 6441 Posts

Would not give a fvck. The girl I was last with isn't my problem anymore.

EDIT: Actually, her boyfriend may get mad, oh well. A bunch of words will probably get said, that's about it.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
I think I'll run away if I found out I;m somehow pregnant,people here are REALLY strict about that X_X
VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

i'd change my number and address as soon as i could. :)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

If you like to do the grownup stuff then you should be prepared to take on grownup responsibilities as well.

If that happened to me, my folks would've been pissed. But, they'd probably still support me, providing shelter and putting me through college. Knowing them, I'd probably have to marry the girl and and she moving in with me at home. Forget things like video games, spring break, or parties. Every free moment I have will be spent supporting the wife n baby.

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
Not too much, my girlfriend and I already have a 2 month old boy, lol.
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Darthkaiser
Supporting a child doesn't require any work; it's called child support. It's sooo easy to simply mail a check.Fightingfan
yeah but when you have to work in order to meet the monthly amount of that check, it suddenly turns a lot harder
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Persuade them into having an abortion. I am never going to have kids

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#36 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
so I'd be like the Virgin Mary?
danygo1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 danygo1996
Member since 2009 • 377 Posts

Whats a girl?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61488 Posts

"Do I know you?"

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Run away or abandon it. I don't like kids and while I want a family later in life I'm not getting tied down at 18.
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Darthkaiser
so I'd be like the Virgin Mary?Allicrombie
You can always find a Joseph
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#41 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]so I'd be like the Virgin Mary?Darthkaiser

a deadbeat dad?
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

[QUOTE="Darthkaiser"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"]so I'd be like the Virgin Mary?Allicrombie

a deadbeat dad?

he said a Joseph not a God, as Joseph was stuck with raising the messiah.

Nintendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Nintendevil
Member since 2007 • 6598 Posts

I'd kiss uni goodbye and be the ice cream man the rest of my life most likely.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#44 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

konvikt_17

same here. Stupit b1tches best not be tryin' to frame us.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

if it were a past girlfriend i'd need a paternity test, that is... unless it's been years, and if it's that case. did she like save my semen?!!! :lol:

k..ew.

seriously though. :|

it'd be a big change, but i'm done with college, just been looking for work in my field, but if i had to i could do it i think. it's just going to be a big change.

I believe and live by the phrase "the moment your child is born, at that very moment. your life as you knew it is over, it's all about them after that".

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 UltimoIce
Member since 2009 • 3074 Posts

Meh, I don't think it would change my life TOO much. Knowing some of the women I've dated in the past, they would probably try to take me to the bank, but that's life, everyone trying to get theirs.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
Well, I'd firstly be pretty confused and astonished that I was the victim of virginal conception. After getting over that, though, I'd have an abortion.
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
I think it's obvious to say that my life would change a lot. Seeing as I haven't had a GF since 7th grade, with no sexual activities involved. Wait did I say a lot? I meant not at all. I'd hang up the phone on her and laugh.