How much do you like your friends?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Just like your favorite hit TV show pre 9/11 do you bond with your friends? Most people are so live around their close friends then quiet around others. I fight with my friends all the time but being away from them draws me to think this. Friends make up my personality. What I do with them is reflected in how I deal with strangers.

How close are you with your friends?

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

I do have a lotta friends on the internet, and I'm kinda close with them but it's not the closeness that I would die for, I mean I don't feel like we're this magnificent squad of friends, and IRL I have a couple of friends that I used to be close with but now ... nah, which is kinda sad. Overall, I'm trying to be more on my own and create this inner peace, I'll make more friends in the future.

And, yeah, those who you spend your time with the most, have a significant impact on your own personality, that's why I'm so selective when it comes to friends, I make the circle of close friends as small as possible.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

As said I don't even have one real friend and that's the truth. As said be for too non even came to visit me when I was ill in hospital when I worked. That the couple of weeks when I realized I had no friends. :(

Oggyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Oggyy
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

#NoFriendsSquad

Like really, the only people I hang with bullies me, insult me, fights with me etc..

I only have 1 friend who is a year old under me.

Oh and if you're talking about online friends, I have way wayyy more than a whole city. I don't know but I feel that people on the internet or nicer :)

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@skipper847 said:

As said I don't even have one real friend and that's the truth. As said be for too non even came to visit me when I was ill in hospital when I worked. That the couple of weeks when I realized I had no friends. :(

You are VERY lucky! I would love to not be burdened by friends.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

If I didn't like em enough, I would simply not call them friends. For the people who I do consider 'friends' (very few), I'm always ready to do anything in my power to help if they ever need it.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I only have a small circle of friends, with whom I'm quite close. We pretty much talk and chat daily, play video games together, have common interests. Having spent most of my high-school years as a loner, I appreciate the companionship though I still enjoy spending time by myself.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I don't have any friends,not even through the internet.

The only friend i need is my computer.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#9 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I've lost contact with all of mine. And I realized most were never even good friends, but also that I wasn't that great of a friend either. I think I'd just rather deal with crippling loneliness than the stress of trying to maintain a friendship at this point.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

Since I moved out of NYC over 10 years ago. I've been far from pretty much every friend I have. In the sense that they are not in my immediate neighborhood. And are at least a 20 minute drive away.

I would kinda like to have a place to stay in Manhattan. So I can be closer to the people in my church. But I don't have a good steady income. Maybe as my sister's relationship status will improve. I can take over the small room she stays in now, for when I want to be in Manhattan. And spent the other days in my parents house where I live now.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I only have one really good friend, and sadly he is like 2 hours away and we both work really hard so I don't see him often enough. He is also married, has a new kid...I'm not jealous, but there is a lot in the way of making our friendship tangible. Despite this, we still manage to stay in touch, and even if we don't talk for a while, we can pretty much pick up a conversation right where we left off; that's how you know you have a good friend.

As far as my local situation goes, I've always relied on coworkers to be my friends; my job has always been pretty relaxed, and the "culture" is pretty cool career-wise (it attracts great people) but unfortunately I am finding myself A.) wanting to be more professional, B.) in a management position, and C.) a little bit older and them a little younger and "millenial'y". Those are all my hangup, though, not theirs.

They're really awesome people and I want to hang out with them, but I have really bad social anxiety so it's tough for me to initiate and they all have an easy time of it, so it makes it even harder for me to initiate because they're all already hanging out I feel like I'm intruding lol.

TL;DR: I like my friends, wish I hung out with them more, and I imagine many of them don't know I consider them my friends :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58960 Posts

Yes, otherwise they wouldn't be my friend.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I consider many of my kin as my friends. Same goes for the in-laws. I value them the most because I can depend on them to buoy me up if things went wrong for me. They'll have a bedroom for my family and me and we can stay as long as we want.

In fact, we all keep a spare bedroom (like the den with my gaming PC) ready in case someone comes over and stays a while.

I have regular friends like neighbors and coworkers. But, I know they have their own cares to worry about. So, I don't impose on them too much.

My kin? I can ask anything. If they can spare it, they'll give it. No need to repay if I wished.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Do I bond with my friends? Yes. That's something people do when they have friends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

It's a tough question, I'm not sure I have an answer.

I like my friends, I appreciate them and they have made my life better over the past couple of years. They will drive me around sometimes, or pay to get me a soda or something now and then as a nice gesture. They listen to me and talk to me. We joke around together. We hang out outside of work a bit. My one buddy showed me around a lot of places and taught me a lot of useful things about the area. When I was going through my break-up, it would have been a lot harder without them there to cheer me up.

But my one friend didn't help me when I was without a car. Neither helped me when the lock on my house froze and I had nowhere to go to sleep on a super-cold night. Neither one really invites me to hang out at their place. And my other friend doesn't want to do anything unless he can talk to his girlfriend the entire time now. There's all of these little things, these barriers, that just kind of add up over time with people. People have limits, and those limits may ultimately determine how long your friendship can last for.

My current friendships may be reaching their end. I think with some people in life, you just kind of go as far as you can go with them. And you reach a point where you're unwilling to discover more about each other, or to challenge each other, or to change for one another. And you're not certain that the friendship can survive on the simple norms you have now forever. I just sort of take things one day at a time. If I reach the point where these people become distanced from me, then so be it. Maybe my life is preparing to change course soon anyways.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Friends are all adults and are pretty busy with their lives.

Most of the friends I make online are not adults, so I don't really bother investing too much time into them. I left a friend online that I had known for about 3 years, but I couldn't handle the tantrums any longer. I meet the most unstable people online. I have a big immediate family, though. Never felt alone.

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts

I only really have one best friend....hes ok i guess ;-)

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

I love my friends. I hang out with them often, almost every weekend. We talk, play videodgames, boardgames and just hang out. 3 of my closest friends I've had since we were in first grade, so we'll probably be friends forever.

Makes me sad to see so many of you without friends. Wish I could help!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have I love like family.

leafs_ducks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20  Edited By leafs_ducks
Member since 2005 • 2881 Posts

@and1salttape said:

If I didn't like em enough, I would simply not call them friends. For the people who I do consider 'friends' (very few), I'm always ready to do anything in my power to help if they ever need it.

this

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

I don't want friends... used to gotta hangout with friends years back.. now I don't even wanna see any of them.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

As a 40 year old, I really don't need any. I have my coworkers that I could call friends but distant enough that they aren't going to call me to help them move or anything and I don't really hang out with them after work. I don't game online hardly ever so I don't have any online friends and my rig isn't really setup to have anyone come over to play casually.

Good to have friends when you're young though, people to go out with..etc. Once everyone you know starts having kids and whatnot then everyone typically grows apart. If you're young and want to keep friends to hang with, best thing to do is have your kids about the time they do, get each other's wives/g/f's to get along and you all will have that thing in common and can hang out for the kids to have playdates...those are the more successful long term friendships I have seen anyway.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#23 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Yes, I like the 2 I have, everyone else I deal with are associate besides my family.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

I dont really like them as much as i use to... many of them start becoming too religious and start supporting isis and muslim brotherhood.... and posting religious post in facebook.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I like my internet freinds (OT) more?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#26 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I don't have friends,don't want any.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

They are my sworn enemies and are to be given no mercy from my fury!

...Whenever we play Videogames together.
Outside of that, Yeah I like them.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Not many these days and none are really close either. I used to be the one in a relationship and they be single. Now it is other way around.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

They are my brothers, my family, and I'd do anything for them.

But I'd shank any one of them for a Klondike Bar.

-Byshop