How much do game stores earn per game sale?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingdomarbiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 0

#1 kingdomarbiter
Member since 2005 • 5239 Posts
Just curious, how much do they earn per disk sold anyway? New releases are roughly 49-59 now.
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts

Depends on the game really, I would say a average of around $8 or so. New releases hardly anything and sometimes a net lose if they mark it down. I work at a electronics store and we get items for 10% above cost. A typical game($60) will get 2-3 bucks off its $60 tag.

They make profit on accessories mainly. The actual consoles worse than the games in terms of Gross Profit percentage.

Zathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#3 Zathic
Member since 2007 • 1946 Posts
Depends on which game store I guess.
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts
If it's used, they get full profit.
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts

Depends on the game really, I would say a average of around $8 or so. New releases hardly anything and sometimes a net lose if they mark it down. I work at a electronics store and we get items for 10% above cost. A typical game($60) will get 2-3 bucks off its $60 tag.

They make profit on accessories mainly. The actual consoles worse than the games in terms of Gross Profit percentage.

Mafiree
I'm not doubting you, but where are you getting those facts?
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
[QUOTE="Mafiree"]

blackngold29

Experiance mainly....

Can check any game in our system and see what the price would be with an associate purchase. Typically this is 2-3 off games(so can get a rough estimate of hwat the general profit is). Granted sometimes we do get special deals which would mean higher profits. But, those games are typically not high in demand. Still have like 100 NBA streets for PS2 at the place I work at haha.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
[QUOTE="Mafiree"]

blackngold29

he said it.
kingdomarbiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#8 kingdomarbiter
Member since 2005 • 5239 Posts
I guess the bigger the store the cheaper the games they are able to stock? Maybe EBgames are able to get their games in at a cheaper price? Someone who worked at a store previously said they only earn 20-30 per Wii sold which is why they force buyers to buy a game with it.