How exactly does fighting in Iraq/Afghanistan secure our borders at home?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

knowledge-funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 knowledge-funk
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

• I guess I'm a bit confused on this subject.

Pro-war people always claim how we're killing the terrorists 'over there' before they get us here.

How does that make any sense?

The more dirt we stir up, the more freedom fighters (or terrorists as the establishment calls them) are created.

We shoot a person, their family comes after us. It seems we've killed enough people to warrant an actual jihad against the US. And we asked for it too.

• The new 'boogie man' is Osama bin Laden who has been dead for years.

Who exactly are we fighting again, the Taliban or al Qaeda? Bush/Cheney seem to have the two confused and think they're the same. Well they're not.

Al Qaeda was created (and funded) by the CIA and the Taliban was funded by the CIA. In that sense, they're not so far apart, but the Taliban is much older than America.

*The CIA saw him on dialysis in 1999. He's been dead since around December 26th, 2001.

Bin Laden dead

Bin laden dead

Google search bin laden dead

Bhutto says Bin Laden dead

Bin Laden dead

• So why are we fighting there really?

oil? drugs? peace? freedom? democracy? protection?

which really makes sense?

HALO2cookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HALO2cookie
Member since 2004 • 5846 Posts
To help innocent people
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
it creates a magical barrier around the US that terrorists are incapable of crossing but illegal immigrants are.
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts
it doesn't, I wish we would stay the hell out of there and solve real problems.
Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts
According to TIME magazine and Wikipedia, Bin-Laden has NEVER been confirmed dead or captured.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

To help innocent peopleHALO2cookie

If this were at the top of the United States Government lists, then why hasn't Bush or really the government in general spoken about Darfur at all?

nintendorocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 nintendorocks
Member since 2004 • 5996 Posts
OT is being flooded with politics posts today.
knowledge-funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 knowledge-funk

DEBATE: RON PAUL AND JOHN McCAIN GET INTO IT ON THE WAR

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ou0E8a38hgA&feature=related

I know this video is pretty old, but found it similar to this topic. Whos' view to you think is better?

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

"How exactly does fighting in Iraq/Afghanistan secure our borders at home?"

Exactly why i'm against joining the military. For what pupose? To protect other countries? F*** that. My country comes first.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

OT is being flooded with politics posts today. nintendorocks

MUCH better than religion. (I shouldn't not have mentioned that)

Merkaba-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Merkaba-
Member since 2008 • 367 Posts

I have to keep this short because I'm at my girlfriend's apartment but this is how it works.

9/11 was staged by the government/bilderberg group.

9/11 was used to manipulate the general attitude of Americans in order to get them to go to war.

Afghanistan is being used as a massive opium farm for the US right now. The CIA is bringing in tons and tons of heroine from Afghanistan and they've taken the profits away from the Taliban. The last thing they want is an organized group to fight their dominating presence.

Iraq is serving as a permanent launch pad for the future domination of the Middle East in preperation for a war with China. Permanent military bases are being/have been established in Iraq and we have no intention of ever leaving. Iraq is going to drain the budgets of the vast majority of Americans to such a point that they will accept the Amero as the replacement for the dollar and they will welcome RFID implants that come with the newly founded North American Union.

In the end, we all lose. It's never going to get any better and we'll all going to die horrible deaths because of the elected leaders of the world. Be happy we have freedom now and make the most of every single day. When you die you will regret only the times you wasted.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts
First of all, I disagree with your calling groups like Al-Quada and the Taliban freedom fighters. Just because we're doing some crazy #### does not change the fact that they kill they're own people in bombings. How that qualifies them as freedom-fighters I'll never understand. That said, our administration seems to believe that these terrorists are some of the only international groups on the planet that don't know how to multi-task, and that having American troops in the mid-east will somehow make these organizations forget all about America. I don't know how they came to that conclusion, but then again, I don't understand half the b.s. that comes out of the white house these days.
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
i Know some soldiers and they also feel they are fighting a pointless war. they take over a village or something and when they leave the "terrorists" return and it starts all over gain. They are pretty much dying for nothing. It was not worth all the lives lost. its ben going on for 5 years and what do we have to show for it?
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

To help innocent peopleHALO2cookie

I agree, lengthy occupations and bombings of Countrys that had no involvement in a single terrorist act is the best way to help the people of a Country out, the USA should go help out Mars next, I hear the martian have oil....I mean, "terrorists".

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts

[QUOTE="HALO2cookie"]To help innocent peoplesSubZerOo

If this were at the top of the United States Government lists, then why hasn't Bush or really the government in general spoken about Darfur at all?

because they're black

I joke, I joke. It's partly because china are buddies with sudan, and nobody really wants to get on the wrong side of china. and partly because there are no forseeable economic gains from going to darfur.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

[QUOTE="HALO2cookie"]To help innocent peopleAndrew_Xavier

I agree, lengthy occupations and bombings of Countrys that had no involvement in a single terrorist act is the best way to help the people of a Country out, the USA should go help out Mars next, I hear the martian have oil....I mean, "terrorists".

Actually...they do. http://youtube.com/watch?v=oC5O9NFWZCs

Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts

I have to keep this short because I'm at my girlfriend's apartment but this is how it works.

9/11 was used to manipulate the general attitude of Americans in order to get them to go to war.

Afghanistan is being used as a massive opium farm for the US right now. The CIA is bringing in tons and tons of heroine from Afghanistan and they've taken the profits away from the Taliban. The last thing they want is an organized group to fight their dominating presence.

Iraq is serving as a permanent launch pad for the future domination of the Middle East in preperation for a war with China. Permanent military bases are being/have been established in Iraq and we have no intention of ever leaving. Iraq is going to drain the budgets of the vast majority of Americans to such a point that they will accept the Amero as the replacement for the dollar and they will welcome RFID implants that come with the newly founded North American Union.

In the end, we all lose. It's never going to get any better and we'll all going to die horrible deaths because of the elected leaders of the world. Be happy we have freedom now and make the most of every single day. When you die you will regret only the times you wasted.

Merkaba-

We already have 750 foreign military bases all over the world, i dont think any in Iraq will help us with a war with China. There is simply no need. We wont go to war with China.

You really are brainwashed.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

Merkaba-

Um.....I don't think so.:|

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
The idea is that it will prevent terrorist groups that will attack US soil eventually from forming... whether this is a valid goal, and to what extent it's being accomplished, is open for debate.
knowledge-funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 knowledge-funk

Merkaba-

Interesting point with the link between drugs and afghanistan. There is a grave connection between the CIA and drug smuggling. To confirm the pin to made simply look at the statistics. Poppys and more specifically herorin is most widely found in Afghanistan. I however do think (and there is some evidence) that it is not only US in connection with the crime, but aswell britain and canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/drugs/heroin-afghanistan.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/cia-drugs@yahoogroups.com/msg09633.html

http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~pdscott/q3.html

http://www.agonist.org/alex_thurston/20080120/poppies

http://www.jwharrison.com/blog/2006/12/29/heroin-sheikh-us-overthrow-means-more-opiates-for-the-masses/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=3294

http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/1998_cr/980507-l.htm

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/121103_afghan_poppy.html

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/11/28/afghanistan.drugs.reut/index.html

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/12/17/ING08MTPMB1.DTL

Pretty much there is plenty of evidence to support this claim, alot more credible than our "official" duty in these countries.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"][QUOTE="Merkaba-"]

Merkaba-

We already have 750 foreign military bases all over the world, i dont think any in Iraq will help us with a war with China. There is simply no need. We wont go to war with China.

Let me spell it out real simple for the jarhead.

The middle east has oil. China wants oil as badly as we do. If we can dominate the middle east and take control of the oil, China will not be able to fight without developing a new type of fuel.

War with China is inevitable. The Bilderbergers have willed it and it will be.

Hey...don't insult the military. He's doing something not many are willing to do. War is not inevitable and the rest of your post was all unfounded conspiracy.

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts

Al Qaeda was created (and funded) by the CIA and the Taliban was funded by the CIA. In that sense, they're not so far apart, but the Taliban is much older than America.knowledge-funk

Uh...no. The CIA funded the Afghans fighting the Soviets, not the Arabs. Plus niether the Taliban or Al-Qaeda had been created at that time. Yes, bin Laden was in Afghanistan, but his forces were small, disorganized and had no real impact on that war at all.

Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts

Merkaba-

The middle east has oil. China wants oil as badly as we do. If we can dominate the middle east and take control of the oil, China will not be able to fight without developing a new type of fuel.

Do you think you are some sort of intellectual because you can insult the military and try to persuade people with unfounded and ridiculous conspiracy theories. There is no evidence behind any of your claims, people like you have no idea what reality is and you just try to get attention by going against what you are told are what you are shown to be true.

I am not going to argue with you anymore because you will never learn, you can believe what you want i am not stopping you but dont try to force people to believe something because you think the government has lied to you.

knowledge-funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 knowledge-funk

[QUOTE="knowledge-funk"]Al Qaeda was created (and funded) by the CIA and the Taliban was funded by the CIA. In that sense, they're not so far apart, but the Taliban is much older than America.Sajo7

Uh...no. The CIA funded the Afghans fighting the Soviets, not the Arabs. Plus niether the Taliban or Al-Qaeda had been created at that time. Yes, bin Laden was in Afghanistan, but his forces were small, disorganized and had no real impact on that war at all.

http://www.lookingglassnews.org/printerfriendly.php?storyid=2936

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=7718

http://groups.google.com/group/total_truth_sciences/browse_thread/thread/064f75596087ed8d

http://www.worldproutassembly.org/archives/2005/11/al_qaeda_is_a_c.html

http://dailyscare.com/2839/the-cia-created-al-qaeda-and-there-is-probable-cause-to-charge-george-w-bush-with-high-treason

http://www.counterpunch.org/paul2.html

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/51/115.html

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/507/afghanistan_opium_trade_funds_taliban_US_commander_says

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=3556

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]

Do you think you are some sort of intellectual because you can insult the military and try to persuade people with unfounded and ridiculous conspiracy theories. There is no evidence behind any of your claims, people like you have no idea what reality is and you just try to get attention by going against what you are told are what you are shown to be true.

I am not going to argue with you anymore because you will never learn, you can believe what you want i am not stopping you but dont try to force people to believe something because you think the government has lied to you.

Merkaba-

I never mentioned the military,

You used jarhead in an insulting manner....now you were saying?

Merkaba-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Merkaba-
[QUOTE="Merkaba-"][QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]

LJS9502_basic

I never mentioned the military,

You used jarhead in an insulting manner....now you were saying?

Because he's a marine according to his sig. What did I say about the marines? Nothing...

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]

Merkaba-

I never mentioned the military, I was alluding to your child-like view of the world as we know it. I hate political correctness. I don't care if you're in the military, gay straight, black or white. If you hold an opinion based on lies or incorrect information I'm going to assume you're not too bright or you're just too lazy to read.

"Oh gee this is exactly what I'm told so it must be true. Especially if the government says so." You're only hurting yourself.

Or you could read some books by some of the people I linked. But guessing from your job description, I'd say you want take the time to ever examine your own beliefs. It could someday prevent you from killing someone.

There are so many things I want to say to you, but I'd rather not get banned.

9/11 wasn't some stupid government conspiracy.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

Because he's a marine according to his sig. What did I say about the marines? Nothing...

Merkaba-

You used the word jarhead as an insult. That means you insulted marines. Glad to clear that up for you.:)

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Colonel_Cool
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts

Merkaba-

Umm, do you have any proof at all to support this outrageous claim?
willtsherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 willtsherman
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
why? because it stops all the retarded persians who hijack 4 plane and kill innocent live at the twin towers, pentagon, and united 93, i hate terrorists and if anyone lost someone in 9/11 people would say the same thing.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

why? because it stops all the retarded persians who hijack 4 plane and kill innocent live at the twin towers, pentagon, and united 93, i hate terrorists and if anyone lost someone in 9/11 people would say the same thing.willtsherman

hmm, Persians. still bigotry, but original. good job.

knowledge-funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 knowledge-funk

why? because it stops all the retarded persians who hijack 4 plane and kill innocent live at the twin towers, pentagon, and united 93, i hate terrorists and if anyone lost someone in 9/11 people would say the same thing.willtsherman

you seem really confused

videogamer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 videogamer456
Member since 2005 • 13282 Posts
So we don't fight the enemy here, duh. Now stop emboldening the enemy by not being a good citizen and patriot, or the telecoms might have to start listening in on your phone calls. *wink* *wink*
Sangu1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sangu1ne
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts

Pro-war people always claim how we're killing the terrorists 'over there' before they get us here.

The more dirt we stir up, the more freedom fighters (or terrorists as the establishment calls them) are created.

We shoot a person, their family comes after us. It seems we've killed enough people to warrant an actual jihad against the US. And we asked for it too.

Who exactly are we fighting again, the Taliban or al Qaeda? Bush/Cheney seem to have the two confused and think they're the same. Well they're not.

Al Qaeda was created (and funded) by the CIA and the Taliban was funded by the CIA. In that sense, they're not so far apart, but the Taliban is much older than America.

*The CIA saw him on dialysis in 1999. He's been dead since around December 26th, 2001.

Bin Laden dead

Bin laden dead

Bin Laden dead

knowledge-funk

Isnt it obvious?

We must defeat derkaderkaistan at all costs because Bush and Blair want to convert to Islam and have thier wedding int he middle east, and they dont want the arabs messing it up!

Junkie_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Junkie_man
Member since 2008 • 1219 Posts

I don't hold any credence to the conspiracy theories mentioned. Occam's Razor tells us that the simplest solution tends to be the correct one. What do you really think is more likely: that we invaded Iraq for primarily economic reasons that has nothing to do with an inevitable war with China or that a developed well founded democracy killed thousands of its own citizens so that it could acquire military bases?

The logic that the war is making the world safer is ridiculous. A large number of people want the destruction of the western world so we will solve this by killing thousands of people of the same religion. Anyone can see how deluded the rationale put forward is. Also, Osama hates America because they refused his support against Iran. Also of note is that Saddam was a former CIA assassin

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts

[QUOTE="HALO2cookie"]To help innocent peoplesSubZerOo

how is new orleans going?

markebici

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 markebici
Member since 2005 • 781 Posts

As a matter of fact its making you less secure because, like it or lump it, anti-americaniusm has been riseing faster then ever thanks to this pointless war(s), order countires have been lossing faith in the US and a much larger number of the US's own have lost faith in their country. Its ripping you're dollar apart, i remeber when the canadain dollar was 85c US, and now its 98c. Your soilders are pointless dieing in a war you will never ever win because the iraqy/afghan population will never acept the US way of life, and they have every right not to. A yes i no other countries are in this war to and yes i dont support them for it ethier, i hate the fact that canadas forces is in afghanistan and i wish we would get out for them same reasons i belive the US should get out. So far, again like it or lump it, theres wars have had nothing but losers and i bet money that 50 some years from now this will be looked at as the biggest waste on live and money in the history of the world.

Merkaba-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Merkaba-
[QUOTE="Merkaba-"][QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"][QUOTE="Merkaba-"]

Colonel_Cool

Umm, do you have any proof at all to support this outrageous claim?

Yes watch the links I provided.

PrimordialMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PrimordialMeme
Member since 2007 • 1279 Posts

I don't hold any credence to the conspiracy theories mentioned. Occam's Razor tells us that the simplest solution tends to be the correct one. What do you really think is more likely: that we invaded Iraq for primarily economic reasons that has nothing to do with an inevitable war with China or that a developed well founded democracy killed thousands of its own citizens so that it could acquire military bases?

The logic that the war is making the world safer is ridiculous. A large number of people want the destruction of the western world so we will solve this by killing thousands of people of the same religion. Anyone can see how deluded the rationale put forward is. Also, Osama hates America because they refused his support against Iran. Also of note is that Saddam was a former CIA assassin

Junkie_man

just a note, occam's razor doesn't normally apply well to incredibly complex issues, and it entirely negates the idea that there are often many reasons for any one decision. Then you realize the more complex the more reasons there will be for a decision. So yes it was idiocy but it was also very much war profiteering.

knowledge-funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 knowledge-funk

Junkie_man

Razor is human--like all of us-- so what he tells us does not have to be true, escially in this topic. Tends is the key word you used, so immediatly i think that his theory shouldn't even be mentioned.

Secondly, you must view the state of events before the war started and how events are in the present.

Check the differences in:

economy

leaders

laws

debts

credit

drugs, etc.

"What do you really think is more likely: that we invaded Iraq for primarily economic reasons that has nothing to do with an inevitable war with China or that a developed well founded democracy killed thousands of its own citizens so that it could acquire military bases? "

The conspiracy the other poster mentioned regarding China and war connections might lack proof and evidence, so it should not be fully accepted. But to think that America, and its leaders, would want to sacrifice money and lives to bring "freedom" and our way of living to others is simply unrealistic. They want money and power. They're plans of war must be something to gain for them.

Maybe they want greater power in the middle east?

Invest money in the war for certain individuals to gain money; oil, drugs, etc.

To bring america's economy down?

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

[QUOTE="HALO2cookie"]To help innocent peopledarkmoney52

Actually...they do. http://youtube.com/watch?v=oC5O9NFWZCs

I knew it! I say the USA puts out a lengthy bombing campaign, sparing no martians...in an effort to free them!

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
Drugs from Afghanistan..
A3trix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 A3trix
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts
Ironic isn't it?
knowledge-funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 knowledge-funk

Drugs from Afghanistan..darkfox101

Seems like a great possibilty if were viewing clear history and the current rise of poppy growth in Afghanistan.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
I personally see our war in Iraq only making us less safe.
knowledge-funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 knowledge-funk

I personally see our war in Iraq only making us less safe. espoac

The grave belief that warrants a change in our military objective, or rather order.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts

Bin Laden dead

Bin laden dead

Bin Laden dead

knowledge-funk

Still bashing Bush I see.

Get over it.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="HALO2cookie"]To help innocent peopleNSR34GTR

how is new orleans going?

How is New Orleans a Federal problem?