How do you guys feel about Fast-casual restraurants?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Obviously this can depend on the place itself, but in general I love them. You tend to get a range of higher quality foods that have more veggies and a lot less grease for only a slightly higher price than what fast food joints tend to offer. They even have gotten me to think about food in a different way. Before I didn't care if I had a deep fried chicken sandwhich and a side of fries because that was generally all that was available outside of going home to cook (not impossible, but at the time it meant a 30 minute drive) where as now I see that as a splurge meal from a calorie perspective.

What about you guys? Do you like fast casual, or are they not so great? If so what do you dislike about them?

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

what classifies as fast casual? something like applebee's or friendlys?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@TheShadowLord07 said:

what classifies as fast casual? something like applebee's or friendlys?

I've never been to Friendlys, but something like Panera, Chipoltle, Zoup, etc. Table service isn't really included in my view beyond maybe having people bring you the food in the first place, but you get your own drinks, order at a counter, pick your own table, etc. The food is better as is the variety, the prices are a little higher, but full on table service isn't really included.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

What about you guys? Do you like fast casual, or are they not so great? If so what do you dislike about them?

Ive always liked holes in the wall. Local places owned by actual human beings and not corporations.

Fast food i try to avoid like the plague. I have McDonalds or Burger King or DQ maybe once every five years.

Its not really about the time it takes, but how good is the food? Is it a homemade recipe passed down generation after generation or made by someone creative and/or knowing how to cook properly, or is it bullshit?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I like fast food, but i prefer ordering them from affordable places as takeway joints than eating at resturants as it can be costly :)

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

oh yea these types of places are awesome, perfect balance of quality, price and not wasting time

VRex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VRex7
Member since 2017 • 49 Posts

I'm about this life, although I still order to pick up and take home but I do appreciate that calories are on display now, I've become super aware of how much I'm taking in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Most of these restaurants are fast because it's pre.made frozen reheated bullshit.

I spend my money elsewhere

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#11 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

I like how fast food tastes but they are not that healthy for you.