How do you feel about illegal immigration?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rappid_rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rappid_rabbit
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts

Prepare for a long post.

Dont mistake this for being racist. After all America was built on immigration. But the key was immigration through proper and legal channels.

They say illegal immigrants to all the jobs, regular people dont want to do. Well thats true. But only in the POV your looking at it from. The employers, offer these very low wage "dirty" jobs. Of course regular citizens dont want to do it because its low-wage.

The employers are exploiting these people for profit, and its all politcal. Big corporations like Wal-Mart, the agriculture industry. My solution, is they should pay these illgal immigrants the same ammount they would pay regular citizens. Therefore any incentive to hire these people would be next to zero.

Immigration supporters say, that these illegal aliens contribute to the economy more than their share to the economy.

How is this possible?

By law, we must provide emergency medical care to everybody including illegal immigrants. Total cost to tax payers. Congress sets aside $1 billion dollars of YOUR, and your parents tax payer money to this. But the actual costs dwarf the money set aside for this. Therefore health premiums across the nation go up.

These kids of illegal immigrants go to public schools. Cost to tax payers? The total cost OF YOUR money is 12-29 BILLION DOLLARS. Problem is, that because the children of illegal immigrants, reading and writing scores go down in districts were there is a heavy illgeal population. With the No Child Left Behind act, depending on the circumstances, these public school will lose a portion of their funding, or the district will lose control over the school basically to the Federal Government, but becauase o inefficient government bureaucracy, it often slows down the improvement of these schools.

The population of illegal immigrants in prisons in America is upward of 30%. At a cost of about $65 dollars a day to house these prisoners. At a cost of 3.3 million dollars a day. 365 days a year is a whopping 1.2 TRILLION dollars a year.

A hefty ammount of these illegal immigrants working jobs, get paid under the table, therefore dont pay taxes, so they dont even give back.

Now if you ask me, all that money could be better spent on fixing the welfare system (meaning, giving more assistance to low-income American families). Government sponsered projects in revitalizing neighborhoods - something that actually works. Paying teachers a lot more across the nation, so that we attract more skilled people to the job.

Im not against immigrants of this country, because Im only third generation here. But my grandparents went through the proper channels, got proper certification, and got proper jobs, and paid their taxes, like every other citizen.

I am against illegal immigrantion and the financial burden they put on the rest of us.

Bank of America recently wanted to issue credit cards without social security numbers. This was clearly aimed at the illegal immigrants that have no social security numbers in the first place. I am also against corportaions whos greed allows them to do this.

The immgration group "La Raza" or "The Race" offers help to illegal immigrants, in the form of tips on how to avoid capture. Illegal Immigration is just that. Illegal, and this organization, is condoning illegal activity. Its bull.

Could you imagine a caucasian group called "The Race"? The NAACP would be all over that in a second!

In Hawaii, we have lots of immigrants, mainly from Asia. But a very small percentage if ANY is illegal. There are not even put in the same classes as regular students until they pass a rigorous ESL course, and when I was still in High School and the No Child Left behind act was passed, our school passed with flying colors every year. In fact, our school was the school, they sent kids to from other districts that did not pass.

I hear in the mainland, especially in California, that increasingly, more and more classes are taught in Spanish, I think thats insane. Why should American citizens, and especially American children have to adapt. Why cant illegal immigrants assimilate like the rest of us? It just robs everybody.

What are your thoughts gamespotters?

Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts
It's awesome.
LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LordoverFeind
Member since 2006 • 1041 Posts
They don't bother me and they work cheap so what's wrong with that ??
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
It's illegal so I don't care much for it. I live in Mexico for nine months and to do that I went through the process of getting a Visa and all that great stuff. I don't mind the people at all, I just don't think it's right/fair for them to come here illegaly and mooch off of us.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e
deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e
Member since 2006 • 3052 Posts

They don't bother me and they work cheap so what's wrong with that ??LordoverFeind

I bet you hired them.

Robograndma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Robograndma
Member since 2006 • 2916 Posts
they raised the crime rate in a town near me.  not cool.
Kernnee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Kernnee
Member since 2005 • 3284 Posts

hey, america wouldn't be what it is today if you didn't have immigrants. everyone is fine with the irish in america aren't they? it's the same thing.

just like the irish can't complain about immigrants because it was fine when they needed to up sticks

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
Legalised immigrants are also good for doing low wage dirty work.
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts

hey, america wouldn't be what it is today if you didn't have immigrants. everyone is fine with the irish in america aren't they? it's the same thing.

just like the irish can't complain about immigrants because it was fine when they needed to up sticks

Kernnee

It's is actually not the same thing but point taken.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
They need to be firm yet loving!
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
If they are willing to break the law and not go through the legal process of becoming a citizen then they shouldn't be here, if they want to improve thier life they shouldn't start it by breaking the law...
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
I don't have anything against them.
Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shut_Me_Up
Member since 2006 • 810 Posts
America was built on immigration. But the key was immigration through proper and legal channels. rappid_rabbit
Wrong already. You think during that huge wave of immigration in the late 19th century that all of those Irish Catholics and Germans (there were others too but these were the two biggest groups) got off the boat and then did the paperwork? They didn't. And people were afraid of them, discriminated against them, etc. But they've since settled in and we're all the better for it. Same thing is happening today.
LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LordoverFeind
Member since 2006 • 1041 Posts

[QUOTE="LordoverFeind"]They don't bother me and they work cheap so what's wrong with that ??AnimeKiller

I bet you hired them.

Why not they work hard and cheap with no benifits and are easy to replace that's good for the bottom line no ??? 

brsfan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 brsfan22
Member since 2005 • 953 Posts

Kernnee
The Irish, Italians, Polish, and most other groups came here legally so your point is useless. I don't like illegals because we have to pay for their kids and other stupid stuff like that despite them snealing into our country. All of the Europeans and other groups should shut up about stopping immigration being unlawful because you have no idea.
Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shut_Me_Up
[QUOTE="brsfan22"] The Irish, Italians, Polish, and most other groups came here legally so your point is useless.

Actually a racial slur (which I obviously won't be using, so figure it out yourself) aimed at the Italians stemmed from the fact that very often they didn't have legal citizenship.
Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shut_Me_Up
[QUOTE="AnimeKiller"]

[QUOTE="LordoverFeind"]They don't bother me and they work cheap so what's wrong with that ??LordoverFeind

I bet you hired them.

Why not they work hard and cheap with no benifits and are easy to replace that's good for the bottom line no ??? 

Why not? Because it's immoral to exploit somebody like that. That doesn't stop Americans from doing it though. And yet they won't ever stop complaining about illegal immigration when their own thirst for saving a couple pennies and cutting a couple corners is the only reason why people keep immigrating illegally. Nobody would be here if they expected to be unemployed. They can be unemployed in their home country.
redtiger676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 redtiger676
Member since 2004 • 3266 Posts
They don't bother me, so I don't really care... whatever they want to do.. :)