How do you define your favorite band?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

Is your favorite band the band where your favorite song comes from, the band whose songs you like most, or what?

Whenever people ask me what my favorite band is, I have no idea, since my favorite song isn't from the band whose songs I like the most.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
I like their music a lot. More than anyone else's. spose.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

It always comes down to songs for me. Aside from the fact that I don't listen to bands, if you listen to a band eventually all their stuff starts to sound exactly the same. If there are any bands I like it's usually just one or two songs.

xLFTMx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xLFTMx
Member since 2010 • 987 Posts

Typically its a band that I enjoy, that I don't get tired of.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
It's actually a band that has more than 1 song I like, in fact nearly all of them.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
My favorite band is Burzum. Varg's influence over black metal is huge, and with a good reason. Almost every Burzum album is one of my favorite albums.
Avatar image for HeavyMetalKirby
HeavyMetalKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HeavyMetalKirby
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

My favorite band is SpineShank. I would describe them as inspiring. The jonra of music they are is Nu Metal. I never get tired of hearing there songs and have been listening to them for years.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
I like their music a lot. More than anyone else's. spose.xTheExploited
This. It's pretty vague, but it works. Any band that gives me an intense surge of feeling, atmosphere, or emotion generally qualifies or competes for such a title. It's also a band I can't get tired of and is generally unique to an extent. Ulcerate is my favorite band at the moment.
Avatar image for Thatonedude5432
Thatonedude5432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thatonedude5432
Member since 2010 • 411 Posts
Never get tired of Dokken.
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

I need to listen to their discography. It's like a thing for me, in order to say that it's my favourite, I have to really *know* the band. In part, that's the reason it's harder for me to get into well established bands (I like U2 okay, but they're not my favourite only because I've listened to maybe 3 albums) whereas my own favourites I've listened to all their work, some even into the EPs, demos and bootleg rare and hard to find performances. It's a band that I never get tired of seeing or watching live (even just a video stream) and everything they put out is still golden. It's The National, by the way.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
My favourite band has both my favourite song and very, very few songs I dislike. I would say that is a good way to define a band you truly enjoy.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Gay really really gay.

-Queen.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

They're amazing...? I like how they're not mainstream, but sell out arena's. Amazing live. No one sounds like them, they're really unique.

Avenged Sevenfold

MarineXXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MarineXXII
Member since 2007 • 1583 Posts

Alot of people hate them, but I love them. They inspired rock in so many ways, plus it reminds me of growing up.

DFan17902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DFan17902
Member since 2006 • 5427 Posts

I dunno. I just haven't found anyone else who's music I like more than Blind Guardian's. The closest a band has ever come to being flawless, IMO.

auron_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 auron_16
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

They're amazing...? I like how they're not mainstream, but sell out arena's. Amazing live. No one sounds like them, they're really unique.

Avenged Sevenfold

Papadrach
I'd call them mainstream. Personally, I say my favorite band has twice the balls YOUR favorite band ever will. And that's not directed at the person I'm quoting. Guns N Roses.
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts
[QUOTE="Papadrach"]

Avenged Sevenfold

auron_16
I'd call them mainstream. Personally, I say my favorite band has twice the balls YOUR favorite band ever will. And that's not directed at the person I'm quoting. Guns N Roses.

Lol bout to say... And i dont know, never hear them on radio, nor do i hear people talking about them at school/online/ect.
Coffee_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Coffee_Blade
Member since 2008 • 707 Posts
How would I describe the band? Agressive drumming, clunky bass, eery and heavy guitars, and crazy vocal range. How do I definitely know its my fave. I like damn near everything they've put out
Coffee_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Coffee_Blade
Member since 2008 • 707 Posts
[QUOTE="Papadrach"][QUOTE="auron_16"][QUOTE="Papadrach"]

Avenged Sevenfold

Lol bout to say... And i dont know, never hear them on radio, nor do i hear people talking about them at school/online/ect.

are you kidding me. Nightmare was number 1. I heard it everyday. Welcome to the family is also on the radio a lot.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
My favorite band rocks.
rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

A band that constantly has thier music in my head..and my ipod. Either Disturbed, Metallica or The Beatles.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

gives me hope: 30 Seconds To Mars, Linkin Park

channels my hate: Bring Me The Horizon, The Agonist

provides comfort when sad: Death Cab for Cutie, Skeptics and True Believers

Blu_Falcon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blu_Falcon37
Member since 2006 • 4041 Posts

I dunno. I just haven't found anyone else who's music I like more than Blind Guardian's. The closest a band has ever come to being flawless, IMO.

DFan17902

I feel the same way about Blind Guardian. I can't think of a song that I don't like by them.

Beard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Beard_
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

I usually go with the band that has the greatest number of albums that I really like in comparison to other bands that I like at the time. Rarely do I not have 4-6 bands in my list of favourites and usually all of these bands have made some terrible albums, so I can't use that for comparison. I don't really listen to singles either, so favourite song gets left out of the consideration.

Right now I'd say that my favourite band is Gentle Giant. I consider 4 or their albums to be nearly flawless, and the majority of their other work to range from average to terrible. There are several albums that rate higher from me than any of Gentle Giant's work, but Giant's consistency is enough to call them my favourite band.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
Looks like my favorite band is Bon Jovi then, since I actually like their new stuff too, whereas I hate Guns N Roses now.
MrsSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrsSolidSnake
Member since 2009 • 5003 Posts

Uh they're the band I listen to more than any other who happen to perform my favourite song.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#27 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

Any band that has many of my favorite songs and songs that I can come back to and listen to a lot.