How do creationists explain Neanderthals and the other species of man?[NEW POLL]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 H8sMikeMoore
Member since 2008 • 5427 Posts

Just curious. "other species of man" means the others that are also extinct.

Ive never seen an atheist bring this up, and coincidently i never see creationists bring it up.

I usually hate religion threads but I want to see this.

so go.

orazinac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 orazinac
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
I don't think there's enough information about all the past forms of humans to regard them as a different species, or to simply even know they existed.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
I don't think there's enough information about all the past forms of humans to regard them as a different species, or to simply even know they existed.orazinac

Really? I think based on fossil and genetic evidence there's more than enough proof to show that Neanderthals did in fact exist and ARE related to homo sapien sapiens
H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 H8sMikeMoore

I don't think there's enough information about all the past forms of humans to regard them as a different species, or to simply even know they existed.orazinac

we have dna proof. We have reconstructed models of them. Its a fact they exist and a fact they were a different species.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

I don't believe the bible mentions Neanderthals or other early humans.

Maybe they could be explained away as animals?

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 H8sMikeMoore

limpbizkit818

the beauty of neanderthals is that the dna evidence proves theyre related to us, yet different. Suggesting that evolution is infact factual

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
How about utsi (or whatever the guy who froze to death in the alps very long ago was named)? Maybe he's not old enough though. I think DNA samples can give a pretty good idea about past human forms being different species though.
SIapshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SIapshot
Member since 2002 • 8044 Posts

"Unlike some Christian communities, the Catholic Church considers the theory that the human body evolved from pre-existing living matter, proposed originally by Charles Darwin (1809-1882), to be compatible with the religious truth revealed in the creation narratives in the Book of Genesis - provided the theory does not pass beyond the realm of science to a denial of humanity's spiritual dimension, the creation of each human soul by God and God's creative providence itself."

As a Catholic, I would explain Neanderthals and other species of man no differently than Richard Dawkins would.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

H8sMikeMoore

the beauty of neanderthals is that the dna evidence proves theyre related to us, yet different. Suggesting that evolution is infact factual

But could a creationist not say that Neanderthals are animals and therfore fall under the "God created animals" part of the story?

Scarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Scarker
Member since 2008 • 1433 Posts

Hell, how do you explain a superior being living in a heavenly afterworld.

mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mysterylobster
Member since 2004 • 1932 Posts

Have you ever met a Neanderthal? No, of course not. You're simply going by what scientists have told you based on fossils dug up from the ground. But how do you know those fossils aren't just as old as us? I believe that God created the Earth around 6,000 years give or take a few hundred years and these fossils that get dug up were created at the same time as man and everything else. In other words, God created an Earth with the illusion of being millions of years old by inserting fossils of creatures that never existed and shaping geographic features. In His magnificance, he made a world for us that appears to be timeless.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hamstergeddon

Hell, how do you explain a superior being living in a heavenly afterworld.

Scarker

Keep the debate in tangible context, dude.

Once you start arguing the intangible the debate automatically becomes pointless.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
I honestly don't know why. It's solid evidence for human evolution, but Young Earth creationists want to mention that there are a lack of intermediate fossils for other species.
H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 H8sMikeMoore
[QUOTE="H8sMikeMoore"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

limpbizkit818

But could a creationist not say that Neanderthals are animals and therfore fall under the "God created animals" part of the story?

the fact that theyer so closely related to us suggests in evolution.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hamstergeddon

Have you ever met a Neanderthal? No, of course not. You're simply going by what scientists have told you based on fossils dug up from the ground. But how do you know those fossils aren't just as old as us? I believe that God created the Earth around 6,000 years give or take a few hundred years and these fossils that get dug up were created at the same time as man and everything else. In other words, God created an Earth with the illusion of being millions of years old by inserting fossils of creatures that never existed and shaping geographic features. In His magnificance, he made a world for us that appears to be timeless.

mysterylobster

Oh gawd...
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts

mysterylobster
I've never met Einstein, but I knew he existed. :|
Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts

mysterylobster

Have you ever met Henry VIII, then how do you know he existed?

Junkie_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Junkie_man
Member since 2008 • 1219 Posts
[QUOTE="H8sMikeMoore"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

limpbizkit818

It would be hard. Homo Neandertalis (lots of debate over whether we stick a sapiens in there) is different to, say, Homo Habilis, in that the former was a contemporary of Homo Sapiens (Sapiens, again debate over latin name) that was unable to compete successfully,for reasons currently unknown, rather than an ancestor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5a79221380856

mysterylobster

I can buy that, even if it is unfalsifiable, so as long as religion doesn't impede science progress simply because it's an "illusion".

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 H8sMikeMoore

mysterylobster

if the earth is 6,000 years old then why is there light from stars billions of years away. unless he created the universe and didnt know what to do with it for billions of years.

i have seen bones of neanderthals and scientists have proof of what they are. neanderthals have lived alongside man.

but i suppose its easy for you to say sabretooth tigers existed, but you know... you never met one.

orazinac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 orazinac
Heh, never really knew that, I must say. I'd like to learn more about that stuff some day.
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mysterylobster
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

MetalGear_Ninty

Have you ever met Henry VIII, then how do you know he exists?

Historical accounts, etc. We have no such resources to judge whether Neanderthal's existed. All we have are fossils, which as I said, were created by God when he created everything else.

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zakkro
[QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

mysterylobster

Historical accounts, etc. We have no such resources to judge whether Neanderthal's existed. All we have are fossils, which as I said, were created by God when he created everything else.

Where's your proof?
orazinac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 orazinac
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

H8sMikeMoore

if the earth is 6,000 years old then why is there light from stars billions of years away. unless he created the universe and didnt know what to do with it for billions of years.

i have seen bones of neanderthals and scientists have proof of what they are. neanderthals have lived alongside man.

but i suppose its easy for you to say sabretooth tigers existed, but you know... you never met one.

Speaking of living beside man, do you think Neanderthals would be able to mate with humans and produce offspring? Sort of like lions and tigers, donkeys and horses?
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts
Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
Yeah, I was watching something about Neanderthals the other day and was wondering the same thing. Of course, there are tons of other things that make me wonder what creationists are thinking.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5a79221380856

zakkro

MetalGear_Ninty

Both of you stop. Remember that the topic creator is dealing with a powerful god that can do so whatever he pleases, which includes the manipulation of history. Yes, it's illogical, but so as long as chooses not to be ignorant to the facts as they present themselves (when there could be a god engineering it to appear that way), then I see no other problem with it.
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
I think the reason it isn't brought up is because creationists don't believe Neanderthals were a different species. That's the only reason I can think of. It's absurd, it's a fact that they did exist, they are related to humans, they are a different species which I read is in part why they went extinct. They were similar, but not enough to procreate and make hybrid Neanderthal/Homospaien offspring.
H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 H8sMikeMoore
[QUOTE="H8sMikeMoore"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

orazinac

Speaking of living beside man, do you think Neanderthals would be able to mate with humans and produce offspring? Sort of like lions and tigers, donkeys and horses?

its possible. leading science says that didnt happen largely. we actualyl found fossils of mixtures and they (the babies, none were found as adult) didnt live very long for whatever reason

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 H8sMikeMoore

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.br0kenrabbit

neanderthals were like 4-5 feet tall. definitely not giants

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zakkro

Both of you stop. Remember that the topic creator is dealing with a powerful god that can do so whatever he pleases, which includes the manipulation of history. Yes, it's illogical, but so as long as chooses not to be ignorant to the facts as they present themselves (when there could be a god engineering it to appear that way), then I see no other problem with it.Genetic_Code
If there's no proof, then I have to call bs, sorry. :|
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Ive never seen an atheist bring this up, and coincidently i never see creationists bring it up.

so go.

H8sMikeMoore

Simple. God made it look like the existed, in order to test our faith.

Alternatively, the devil put the fossils there to turn people away from God.

mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mysterylobster
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"][QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

zakkro

Where's your proof?

The proof is all there in the Bible, since that is how it is written. I believe that the Bible is the right way to understand the universe.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

zakkro

[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

MetalGear_Ninty

Great minds think alike, I suppose. :P

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

lol Creationism...o jeez.

No good reasoning to explain evolution. Because if God created "humans" He created neanderthals to become what they are today. So its kinda stupid to say that they are other species. So if there is so called God. God created evolution.

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 H8sMikeMoore
[QUOTE="H8sMikeMoore"]

so go.

MrGeezer

AAAND he made the other galaxies appear to be billions of years away to make us think the universe is older than 6,000 years

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 zakkro

The proof is all there in the Bible, since that is how it is written. I believe that the Bible is the right way to understand the universe.

mysterylobster
If you can show me real evidence, then I'll consider it. Otherwise, I'll look at the fossils.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

mysterylobster

Ah I see, he just wanted to make it seem like the Earth was six billion years old, he left all this evidence he just to trick us into questioning his divine work that he wrote himself (honest!), the bible, because he's such a swell guy.

Ken Miller (a christian biologist) said it best on that subject, during a talk on evolution, where he showed a perfect transition of ape into human chromosome, for which the only explanation of creationists wsa that "god only made it seem like it was fused, it's not really", he said "I believe in a God, but I do not believe in a deceptive one". Your explanation of the evidence that the Earth is not 6000 years old, andof humanity's ancestors, is to say "god wanted to make it look like we had ancestors and stuff for some reason". Right :roll:

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
[QUOTE="zakkro"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"][QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

mysterylobster

Where's your proof?

Where in the Bible does it say that God created fossils? :?

Junkie_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Junkie_man
Member since 2008 • 1219 Posts

mysterylobster

But if we accept a trickster God, who will manipulate facts to fool us, then we cannot trust any empirical observation ever made. A simple application of Occam's razor suggests that the best course of action is to assume that such observations are reliable, otherwise all of science is out the window.

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 H8sMikeMoore
[QUOTE="zakkro"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"][QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

mysterylobster

Where's your proof?

but we have proof of neanderthals and the bible dosent mention them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5a79221380856

[QUOTE="Genetic_Code"]

Both of you stop. Remember that the topic creator is dealing with a powerful god that can do so whatever he pleases, which includes the manipulation of history. Yes, it's illogical, but so as long as chooses not to be ignorant to the facts as they present themselves (when there could be a god engineering it to appear that way), then I see no other problem with it.zakkro

I know, but he can believe in whatever he wants to. At least he's not denying the existence of Neanderthals or at least from a human understanding. Regardless of how fanatical his approach may be, for all we could know, it could be correct.

mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mysterylobster
[QUOTE="zakkro"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

Funky_Llama

[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

MetalGear_Ninty

Great minds think alike, I suppose. :P

More like some people can't read past the first sentence. Am I right?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.H8sMikeMoore

neanderthals were like 4-5 feet tall. definitely not giants

The giants aren't referring to the men that the end of the passage is. It doesn't even suggest the giants are human-like, it simply says there were giant creatures in those days, 'AND ALSO'...
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
[QUOTE="H8sMikeMoore"]

so go.

MrGeezer

I forgot about that, yeah. The trickster god theory. lol, I love that Bill Hicks skit.

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 zakkro

[QUOTE="zakkro"][QUOTE="Genetic_Code"]

Both of you stop. Remember that the topic creator is dealing with a powerful god that can do so whatever he pleases, which includes the manipulation of history. Yes, it's illogical, but so as long as chooses not to be ignorant to the facts as they present themselves (when there could be a god engineering it to appear that way), then I see no other problem with it.Genetic_Code

I know, but he can believe in whatever he wants to. At least he's not denying the existence of Neanderthals or at least from a human understanding. Regardless of how fanatical his approach may be, for all we could know, it could be correct.

I respect other people's opinions, but in a forum we, you know, discuss things. :P
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mysterylobster
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"][QUOTE="zakkro"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"][QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

H8sMikeMoore

Where's your proof?

but we have proof of neanderthals and the bible dosent mention them.

Your proof has been dug up from the Earth, which the Bible says God created.

SIapshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SIapshot
Member since 2002 • 8044 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="H8sMikeMoore"]

so go.

H8sMikeMoore

AAAND he made the other galaxies appear to be billions of years away to make us think the universe is older than 6,000 years

:lol:
PATH0G3N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PATH0G3N
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts

mysterylobster

Where's your proof?

Really? I use Dr. Seuss.