How can you tell if a girl likes you? Signs? Body language?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 frakasattack
Member since 2011 • 142 Posts

I have a friend that I think is very attractive but also too nerdy for me. I think she likes me because she wanted me to help her make her eharmoney account. As we were making it she was telling me some real intimiate stuff and because we were using my laptop at a coffee house she was sitting on the same side of the booth as me. We were sitting side by side and I bet everyone in the place thought we were dating. Is this a good sign? What sorts of signs do you notice to see if a girl likes you?

frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 frakasattack
[QUOTE="bluetadomonk"]wait what the hell? so basically you just want to get your rocks off really bad? all the hentai tentacles just arent cutting it for you anymore? "shes too nerdy for me" yet your the one asking for advice on a gaming forum with help for chicks :/ i think you need to reevaluate that statement. i bet when girls give you hugs you think they're madly in love with you as well huh

Well, actually I think nerdy girls are pretty awesome. She's too nerdy because of other things though.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
Her telling you "I like you" is a pretty big sign.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
[QUOTE="frakasattack"][QUOTE="bluetadomonk"]wait what the hell? so basically you just want to get your rocks off really bad? all the hentai tentacles just arent cutting it for you anymore? "shes too nerdy for me" yet your the one asking for advice on a gaming forum with help for chicks :/ i think you need to reevaluate that statement. i bet when girls give you hugs you think they're madly in love with you as well huh

Well, actually I think nerdy girls are pretty awesome. She's too nerdy because of other things though.

You've got to tell us! What could an attractive girl do to not make her attractive to you? It must be pretty serious.
jackrocks123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 jackrocks123
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

Every girl is different. Some show no signs, yet deeply have a crush on you. Don't mistake a girl for being friendly to having a crush on you.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Well if she is making an eHarmony account with you, that means shes probably looking for someone else, otherwise she would just come on to you more.

ANd the way I know if a girl likes me is if when I'm talking to them they give me "the look". You'll know it when you see it

frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 frakasattack
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"][QUOTE="frakasattack"][QUOTE="bluetadomonk"]wait what the hell? so basically you just want to get your rocks off really bad? all the hentai tentacles just arent cutting it for you anymore? "shes too nerdy for me" yet your the one asking for advice on a gaming forum with help for chicks :/ i think you need to reevaluate that statement. i bet when girls give you hugs you think they're madly in love with you as well huh

You've got to tell us! What could an attractive girl do to not make her attractive to you? It must be pretty serious.

She's really into cats. Like unhealthily so and I also think she has a drinking problem. Two red flags really.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Well if she is making an eHarmony account with you, that means shes probably looking for someone else, otherwise she would just come on to you more.

ANd the way I know if a girl likes me is if when I'm talking to them they give me "the look". You'll know it when you see it

BPoole96
Or it could be a hint, you never know.
frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frakasattack

BPoole96
I think the eharmoney thing might be a way to ask me without actually asking though.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

frakasattack

I think the eharmoney thing might be a way to ask me without actually asking though.

That actually wouldn't surprise me. Soem girls are so strange when it comes to initiating a relationship. You may as well make a move then. Even if she turns you down, so what? Everyone gets rejected. You don't want too wait too long and have her move on to another guy

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#12 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"][QUOTE="frakasattack"] Well, actually I think nerdy girls are pretty awesome. She's too nerdy because of other things though.frakasattack

She's really into cats. Like unhealthily so and I also think she has a drinking problem. Two red flags really.

That's my type of girl.

Beer and cats are awesome.

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

What sorts of signs do you notice to see if a girl likes you?

frakasattack

THAT LOOK. If you see it - it's on.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BPoole96

[QUOTE="frakasattack"]What sorts of signs do you notice to see if a girl likes you?

shinian

Yes. That is the look, sometimes followed by biting her bottom lip with her front teeth

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

[QUOTE="frakasattack"]What sorts of signs do you notice to see if a girl likes you?

shinian

She's really nice..and I don't even like blondes.

frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frakasattack

[QUOTE="shinian"]

BPoole96

Yes. That is the look, sometimes followed by biting her bottom lip with her front teeth

How do you get girls to make that look? I've seen my friend bite her bottom lip sometimes too and also chew on her nails. I never thought of them as "signals" before but I'm also not very good at this.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="shinian"]

frakasattack

How do you get girls to make that look? I've seen my friend bite her bottom lip sometimes too and also chew on her nails. I never thought of them as "signals" before but I'm also not very good at this.

Chewing nails doesn't mean much aside from maybe a sign of discomfort and being nervous/anxious. And there's nothing specifically you can do to get them to give the look. Just talk to them, treat them nicely, kindly insult them in a jokingly way (Idk why girls love that so much), and do stupid stuff like text them or "Like" crap that they do on facebook. Its all really lame but for some reason it seems to work

frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 frakasattack

[QUOTE="frakasattack"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Chewing nails doesn't mean much aside from maybe a sign of discomfort and being nervous/anxious. And there's nothing specifically you can do to get them to give the look. Just talk to them, treat them nicely, kindly insult them in a jokingly way (Idk why girls love that so much), and do stupid stuff like text them or "Like" crap that they do on facebook. Its all really lame but for some reason it seems to work

I think my main problem is that I just am not exposed to girls that often. Some guy on this forum has gotten dates by talking to girls at a grocery store. I don't have that kind of magnetic charmisma. If I did then I wouldn't be here posting about how I can't even tell signals from girls. This girl that I am friends with though is perfect for me. She's nerdy, she's got a great rack, single w/no kids (which is rare at her age), wears tight clothing, likes anime. I wish it would work with her because I feel like it's my last chance.
Vangaurdius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Vangaurdius
Member since 2007 • 671 Posts

Ask her.

frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 frakasattack

Ask her.

Vangaurdius
Ha! I wish, we're just work buddies though and when I first met her she had a boyfriend.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="frakasattack"] How do you get girls to make that look? I've seen my friend bite her bottom lip sometimes too and also chew on her nails. I never thought of them as "signals" before but I'm also not very good at this.frakasattack

I think my main problem is that I just am not exposed to girls that often. Some guy on this forum has gotten dates by talking to girls at a grocery store. I don't have that kind of magnetic charmisma. If I did then I wouldn't be here posting about how I can't even tell signals from girls. This girl that I am friends with though is perfect for me. She's nerdy, she's got a great rack, single w/no kids (which is rare at her age), wears tight clothing, likes anime. I wish it would work with her because I feel like it's my last chance.

Well I'm no super charismatic guy myself but you just need to show signs to her that she is interested. Have her over to watch a movie and sit beside her and slightly lean her way a bit, see how she reacts. When you talk to her make direct eye contact with her and take note of how she looks back at you. Is she staring back at you, or does she turns her head away and continue talking without eye contact? Things like that are how you get signals from girls. They aren't necessary aggressive and don't take much courage to do.

And if you actually think its your last chance, be a little more playful/flirtatious and see how that works out. Like I mentioned before, you want to always try to be making some progress, if you wait around too long you'll just end up in the friend zone, and nobody wants to be in the friend zone

Plus, you don't want something like this to happen:

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Buy her a house.

bluetadomonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 bluetadomonk
Member since 2011 • 449 Posts

Buy her a house.

Silverbond
sheesh even most sugar daddies dont buy girls houses, i like your thinking though go big or go home
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="frakasattack"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Well I'm no super charismatic guy myself but you just need to show signs to her that she is interested. Have her over to watch a movie and sit beside her and slightly lean her way a bit, see how she reacts. When you talk to her make direct eye contact with her and take note of how she looks back at you. Is she staring back at you, or does she turns her head away and continue talking without eye contact? Things like that are how you get signals from girls. They aren't necessary aggressive and don't take much courage to do.

And if you actually think its your last chance, be a little more playful/flirtatious and see how that works out. Like I mentioned before, you want to always try to be making some progress, if you wait around too long you'll just end up in the friend zone, and nobody wants to be in the friend zone

i almost cried :(
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

BPoole96

Is it wrong if I lol'd?

frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 frakasattack

Umm... obviously that story is some really obnoxious ploy to get people to be sad but yeah, that is sappy beyond belief and exploitive. I get your point but yeah, that story is SUPER sappy.

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

well your answer is in the question,she is very obvious to you. tease her just for harmless fun ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Her telling you "I like you" is a pretty big sign.MushroomWig
Yeah, studies have shown this highly correlates to her liking you.
frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 frakasattack

well your answer is in the question,she is very obvious to you. tease her just for harmless fun ;)

punkpunker
That's an interesting thought. How should I tease her?
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 punkpunker

[QUOTE="punkpunker"]

frakasattack

the basics, just flirting.

frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 frakasattack
[QUOTE="punkpunker"]

[QUOTE="frakasattack"][QUOTE="punkpunker"]

the basics, just flirting.

I know this must sound pathetic coming from someone as old as me but I don't even really know how to flirt.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#32 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

Flirt son!
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 punkpunker

I know this must sound pathetic coming from someone as old as me but I don't even really know how to flirt.frakasattack

just talk, ask about her interest and stuff, then slip in a hypothetical situation about you and her going on a date.

frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 frakasattack

quatoe

Flirt son!

Actually, I'm 43. And probably the reason I've never had a girlfriend before is because I don't really know how to flirt. I did have a pretty catastrophic situation at my old job where I started emailing an intern from my private email (which I would have considered flirting) and she told her fiance about it and my supervisor had to reprimand me so yeah. I try not to flirt too much anymore.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 punkpunker

Actually, I'm 43. And probably the reason I've never had a girlfriend before is because I don't really know how to flirt. I did have a pretty catastrophic situation at my old job where I started emailing an intern from my private email (which I would have considered flirting) and she told her fiance about it and my supervisor had to reprimand me so yeah. I try not to flirt too much anymore.frakasattack

well..... compliments are good and be original but not too much, she may think you as a weirdo.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#37 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts
[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="frakasattack"] That's an interesting thought. How should I tease her?frakasattack
Flirt son!

Actually, I'm 43. And probably the reason I've never had a girlfriend before is because I don't really know how to flirt. I did have a pretty catastrophic situation at my old job where I started emailing an intern from my private email (which I would have considered flirting) and she told her fiance about it and my supervisor had to reprimand me so yeah. I try not to flirt too much anymore.

If you two get along, and you obviously have feelings for her, whats the worst that could happen? I understand about your issues you've had in the past but it seems like she may be interested. Flirting is quite simple, joke around with her, make her feel comfortable. I don't believe any negatives will come from this, unless she isn't interested, but even so, you will have tried.
MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

I saw this thing on ITV the other week, said that if she's playing with her hair, she's probably keen.

The very best thing to do is just ask her out TC.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
if she's asking you to help her to create an account to help her pick up guys...she doesnt; like you like that.... you'll know when a woman likes you.....
frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 frakasattack
if she's asking you to help her to create an account to help her pick up guys...she doesnt; like you like that.... you'll know when a woman likes you.....Omni-Slash
I don't know though it's difficult to read her sometimes.
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#41 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Did she touch you?
Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts
Was she telling you intimate stuff for the eHarmony account ? Or did that come up during conversation... Did you even have a conversation with her ? or was it just a mutual " hey can you help me with eHarmony " "Yeah sure " >???
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"][QUOTE="frakasattack"] Well, actually I think nerdy girls are pretty awesome. She's too nerdy because of other things though.frakasattack

Cats are awesome. Drinking is awesome.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

it sucks if the girl is timid. yesterday i invited this girl i work with to come over and "indulge" in a substance and watch Insidious, well she came over and we did just that, and i was to pull some moves but i am timid and so is she so i had no idea if i should try anything or not :P normally i don't think i would mind if i tried to make a move and got denied (i would feel stupid but that's it) but i don't want things to be awkward at work. we both work tomorrow though, so i'll be talking to her and stuff and it will be fine.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

I saw this thing on ITV the other week, said that if she's playing with her hair, she's probably keen.

The very best thing to do is just ask her out TC.

MissLibrarian
Yes, along with, as someone else said "the look", biting her lip, inadvertently leaning towards you when you're together, etc. Body language in general says a LOT. I also agree with the latter statement though.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Ask her

Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts

If a girl looks at you for an extended period of time giving strong eye contact. If you smile at her and she smiles back then look away and look back and if she's still looking, then yes. Also, if she looks down, that is submissive and is a sign.

If two women are looking at you and talking together while looking at you.

If they're looking at you or talking to you and they mess with their hair or play with a necklace, etc.

If a girl finds a way to touch you, especially if it's more than once.

She will at least lean in towards you.

If a woman likes you, she will find a reason to get within your personal space (less than a foot and half or so) and even closer.

She moves her hair to expose her neck to you.

Exposing an underarm to you, as weird as it sounds, is a sign. It's about exposing skin that usually remains hidden.

If she licks her lips while either looking or talking to you, however subtle it may be. The same goes if they bite their lower lip.

If she puts on any extra makeup while you are together.

Caressing herself, such as her shoulder when talking to you.

If she holds a lot of eye contact while you are talking to her. Like the first one, but this time when you are talking.

If she has open body language to you, facing you and being open, rather than closed and possibly turned slightly away.

If she copies your movements or things you say.

Putting a straw or finger in their mouth when talking to you.

If they're giggling and doing silly things, then it's a sign (this is more for younger women).

These are some that I've noticed and some are ones I've been told by girls. Most of these are unconscious by the woman and most guys don't notice them.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

Did nobody else pick up on the fact that because this thread mentions both eharmony and the loving of cats, that this is probably a joke thread in reference to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc ?

Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

1. If a girl gives you "Teh Look", you'll know, trust me.

2. I think if a girl asks you to help her create a eHarmony profile, you're probably friendzone'd. Not good.

3. If a girl asks you to help her create a eHmarnoy profile, she's available. Get off your ass, leave Gamespot and start being sexy for her. Invite her for coffee or supper, then go walk downtown/somewhere nice, dress up nicely... profit!

Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts

1. If a girl gives you "Teh Look", you'll know, trust me.

2. I think if a girl asks you to help her create a eHarmony profile, you're probably friendzone'd. Not good.

3. If a girl asks you to help her create a eHmarnoy profile, she's available. Get off your ass, leave Gamespot and start being sexy for her. Invite her for coffee or supper, then go walk downtown/somewhere nice, dress up nicely... profit!

Krigen89

You just repeated the same thing in numbers 2 and 3, yet you friend zone one and not the other. Because if you're friend zoned, there's very little chance at all that you'll ever escape that void. That means no attraction and you can't create attraction just by trying harder to make her like you.